PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #301
sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Found mine at Target. Lots of people online had luck with Target.
sleepydumbdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 PM   #302
legendaryjman

Legendary J Man's Gamercard
bah, I'm having no luck.

Though I did pick up the exclusive target reserve card for Swap Force. it doesn't say what it does exactly, but it only cost me $1.

I don't know if the cashier dropped the ball on having me reserve, but I'll buy that for a dollar.
legendaryjman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #303
sleepydumbdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryjman View Post
bah, I'm having no luck.

Though I did pick up the exclusive target reserve card for Swap Force. it doesn't say what it does exactly, but it only cost me $1.

I don't know if the cashier dropped the ball on having me reserve, but I'll buy that for a dollar.
Yeah they are just a dollar, I got a total of five of them. I was just going to give them to friends and hold on to them for future friends who might play.
A few of my friends are waiting on swap force for next gen systems and won't get that card for reserving. Since they aren't online anyways I'll just get the 360 one. Maybe get the XboxOne version when they start going on sale for 30 a year from release.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #304
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
Yeah they are just a dollar, I got a total of five of them. I was just going to give them to friends and hold on to them for future friends who might play.
A few of my friends are waiting on swap force for next gen systems and won't get that card for reserving. Since they aren't online anyways I'll just get the 360 one. Maybe get the XboxOne version when they start going on sale for 30 a year from release.
If you go to your local GameStop you should be able to pre order Swap Force already for the PS4. Do not know about Xbox One yet, but the graphics on the PS4 will far outweigh the Xbox. Been an Xbox fan for years now switching back over to PS4. Graphics and everything else will be better. Just a heads up.
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #305
sleepydumbdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshkoshtony View Post
If you go to your local GameStop you should be able to pre order Swap Force already for the PS4. Do not know about Xbox One yet, but the graphics on the PS4 will far outweigh the Xbox. Been an Xbox fan for years now switching back over to PS4. Graphics and everything else will be better. Just a heads up.
You don't get any exclusives (at the moment) for Swap Force on the next gens so preordering it pointless since the last ones have been easy to find on release.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #306
caseysrodeo13

It seems series 2 drobot has hit the shelves. Ive seen it on ebay, thou Im not sure what store{s} may have it.
The sooner I find it the better. Gotta start saving money for swap force...

Is there anyone out there thats getting Disney Infinity?
caseysrodeo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #307
sleepydumbdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseysrodeo13 View Post
It seems series 2 drobot has hit the shelves. Ive seen it on ebay, thou Im not sure what store{s} may have it.
The sooner I find it the better. Gotta start saving money for swap force...
Seen him at Target but bought him from amazon.

Amazon.com: Activision Skylanders Giants Single Character Pack Core Series 2 Drobot: Video Games Amazon.com: Activision Skylanders Giants Single Character Pack Core Series 2 Drobot: Video Games

When they stock him then he should show 9.99 or below.
Old 07-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #308
stuhp

Bravokado's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydumbdude View Post
Seen him at Target but bought him from amazon.

Amazon.com: Activision Skylanders Giants Single Character Pack Core Series 2 Drobot: Video Games

When they stock him then he should show 9.99 or below.
Which are your Targets? Mine have yet to even restock on others

I'm not random: you just have a hard time predicting my next move.

"It may be that the only fit teachers never teach but are artists, and artists of the kind most blankly masked and least didactic." ~ James Agee, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men
stuhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:19 AM   #309
tweakfour17

tweak_four17's Gamercard
Picked up a s2 drobot today at Walmart. They had one mixed in with about fifteen series 1 drobots. Tsk tsk. Still missing Zook, Bash and prism break to complete my series 2 collection.... Not looking good..
tweakfour17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #310
legendaryjman

My wife works at Raleys and they just got a whole mess of skylander stuff in today.

They got the promotional chips for the sidekick.
They got a ton of S2 spyros, along with S2 Drobot and others.

In the promotional chips (make sure you look for the ones with the big skylanders advertisement on the bag) you get a code to redeem for one of the sidekicks (still gotta pay $2.50 shipping) as well as 3 coupons:

$1 off any skylander or skylander giant figure.
$10 off any skylander giants starter pack
$10 off the skylanders swap force starter pack (I'm a fan of this one).

Unfortunately they don't stack so I donno what ima do with my 3 extras.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #311
DinoHeli

DinoHeli's Gamercard
BTW: Are there any triple packs left?

Because I'm collecting triple packs and therefore only want to purchase single characters that are NOT released in triple packs.

The last triple pack I got was that containing Wrecking Ball, Fright Rider and Flameslinger.

So if there's going to be a triple pack containing S2 Spyro, S2 Hex and/or S2 Drobot, I'll rather wait.
DinoHeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #312
legendaryjman

I don't think there is a triple pack with Drobot, though I might be wrong. I just went and searched all the various retail websites and none of them came up with a triple pack with drobot (other then the original game's one)

Now that we have s2 drobot, and the sidekicks, and we know Lightcore Hex is coming with swap force, I guess that completes the entire Giants run.

Its been good. I've spent WAY more money on skylanders then I should have, but I got all the achievements in both games and they have been a fun ride.

I will see you all in october in the Swap Force thread
Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #313
DinoHeli

DinoHeli's Gamercard
I just found pictures of two further triple packs:

That would confirm my assumption.
These two triple packs are also listed on the German amazon website (but still without a release date).

So I guess it's just a matter of time until we can see these buddies at our local shops.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #314
Xtreme987

Talking It's about time .... for Ninjini :)

After months of scouring the local stores around Southwestern Ontario I was finally able to get my hands on Ninjini @ Walmart. I was so close to buying her online, which I didn't want to do because of the cost. My son is going to be excited on his birthday.

You know I could've bought both Ninjini's they had @ Walmart & sold the other online but I thought of the next customer, who is also still looking for her (another parent of a child .... not just a scalper lookin' to get rich).

Anyway the search for all the Giants is over. I may now try & start looking for the some of the other smaller figures for my son & keep those for Christmas. We'll see ... depends on the funds.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #315
Xtreme987

Thumbs up Battle packs on sale @ Futureshop :)

Just a note for those who might live in Ontario, Canada that the 2 battle packs are on sale right now @ Futureshop. (Not sure if this is for all of Canada or what.)

They are regularly $25 but are on sale for $15. I thought this was a good deal so I purchased both for my son.

Be quick though if you also want these because the sale ends this Thursday August 1/2013.

Happy hunting.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 AM   #316
oshkoshtony

raholland79's Gamercard
Cool Gnarly Tree Rex

Just thought I would let everyone know that Gnarly Tree Rex is now being sold as a single Giant character at GameStop, EB Games, and Walmart as far as I know. Have not checked Target. Picked mine up yesterday and they have been on the shelves since Sunday. You no longer have to buy a special game console to get Gnarly Tree Rex. Have fun and happy hunting.

Only Series 2 Drobot left for me to collect to complete collection.
oshkoshtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #317
caseysrodeo13

I got tired of searching for series 2 drobot. I just bought it off of ebay for 18 bucks with free shipping. I think I spent more money on gas,.....lol........

Anyone here gunna buy Disney Infinity? Their characters are about 14 bucks a pop......lol
Old 08-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #318
legendaryjman

Disney Infinity looks really good, but I can't cash out for that AND Swap Force.

I like that each level for DI is its own game, with little mini games and such, they aren't just an extra level. I don't like that you can only play the characters from that universe in the particular world. So with just the starter pack you can't even do any multi-player.

The toy-box mode is pretty cool, but I don't ever do build-your-own-stuff games, so I would never play it. I just want a fun action game with collectable characters, so ima stick with Skylanders.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #319
legendaryjman

Whoa, I just came from Gamestop and they are taking reserves for something called "Pumpkin Eye Brawl."

I got no idea what it is, but if its eye brawl with a pumpkin for his head instead of an eye ima lose my stuff.
Old 08-31-2013, 05:15 AM   #320
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendaryjman View Post
Whoa, I just came from Gamestop and they are taking reserves for something called "Pumpkin Eye Brawl."
Where I work (Shopko), the SKU for the Giants figures are now corresponding with a "Giants Pumpkin Eye". We got a case marked as such the other day, but instead it was full of Scarlett Ninjinis, which I found rather weird as I thought that variant was Target exclusive.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:49 AM   #321
legendaryjman

That would suck.

You were probably like 'oh snap pumpkin eye brawl!' and then its ninjini. bah humbug. lol
Old 09-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #322
caseysrodeo13

Well I preordered my pumpkin eye brawl a couple of weeks ago. I cant wait to get my swapforce dark starter pack so I can complete my set for series 2. Hex litecore......
Old 09-15-2013, 05:03 AM   #323
caseysrodeo13

Well my wife was going thru walmart today, and guess what she found? Pumpkin eyebrawl, I can cancel my preorder on the other one.....
Old 09-15-2013, 05:30 AM   #324
DinoHeli

DinoHeli's Gamercard
Then please share a picture of it with us!

BTW: There's no info of any kind of a pumpkin eyebrawl here in Germany, what's kind of strange, because until now every Skylander has been released here, too. Even those sidekick characters.

And yet there's also still no sign of a Drobot series 2 over here, despite Swap Force being released in a few weeks.

So I've got a question:
Is series 2 Drobot rare in the US or are there plenty of it on the shelves?
Because if I'm forced to import one, I'd do it rather quick before the prize goes up through the roof.
Old 09-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #325
legendaryjman

Series 2 Drobot was rareish. He didn't exist for a long time then all of a sudden a million of him appeared. But that was at a grocery store of all places.

I haven't really seen him anywhere else (granted I stopped looking once i found mine) so I would suggest snatching him up as soon as possible.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #326
DinoHeli

DinoHeli's Gamercard
Okay, so I'll better get one quickly.
Thanks for the info!
Old 09-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #327
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Found Pumpkin Eye Brawl when I went to Walmart to pick up GTA.

Basically, his eye is orange with a happy jack-o-lantern iris/pupil and the body is pure glossy black. Honestly, it makes him come off as a chintzy Halloween decoration. Also, based on the back cover, it looks like the change is only cosmetic for the figure, since it just shows regular Eye Brawl.

I passed on it myself since it's not a true variant and I dislike the giant characters overall in gameplay.

EmporerDragon is offline   Reply With Quote