PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Silent Hill: Downpour
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-31-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
streetunderpt

streetunderpt's Gamercard
Exclamation Loading screen freeze/lag/freezing outside ! :/ (SOLUTION inside)

Im having a blast with this game.

Nice story, great atmosphere lot of exploration and side-quests to do.

But the constant freezing/saving when outside its a bit annoying.

And in the last hours i had two freezes on a loading screen

I read somewhere if you install the game on pen drive usb, the loading screen freeze is fixed?

Im at 49% of my first play.

Anyone with same problem? I have the game installed on hdd, i install all my games.

Last edited by streetunderpt; 03-31-2012 at 01:51 PM.
streetunderpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:38 AM   #2
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Just happened to me. So, I figured I'd write the bugs and glitches I've had in 3 hours of actual playtime :-

1 - Couldn't get through the first door in the game due to no "A button" prompt. Had to remove my USB while the game was saving to kill the save and start anew as wiping my saves did and clearing cache did nothing. All this at 2 minutes into the game.

2 - I set the game clearly to hard puzzle mode only to find all my saves read as being on normal puzzle difficulty.

3 - The saving icon would not go stop spinning in the top right corner no matter what I did. Ended up losing me all progress up to when it did that. Thankfully, that was only 5 minutes worth.

4 - Froze on the loading screen just now.

I will not be buying another Silent Hill game if it's developed by the same studio. This truly is a joke of a release in this state.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #3
streetunderpt

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/99793...2231309?page=2

Im going to try this tomorrow:

They say to install downpour on hardrive and use the usb as storage device fix the loading screen freeze at least.

ponypo2001 test it yourself and see if the problem is fixed.
Old 03-31-2012, 04:19 AM   #4
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Just happened to me. So, I figured I'd write the bugs and glitches I've had in 3 hours of actual playtime :-

1 - Couldn't get through the first door in the game due to no "A button" prompt. Had to remove my USB while the game was saving to kill the save and start anew as wiping my saves did and clearing cache did nothing. All this at 2 minutes into the game.

2 - I set the game clearly to hard puzzle mode only to find all my saves read as being on normal puzzle difficulty.

3 - The saving icon would not go stop spinning in the top right corner no matter what I did. Ended up losing me all progress up to when it did that. Thankfully, that was only 5 minutes worth.

4 - Froze on the loading screen just now.

I will not be buying another Silent Hill game if it's developed by the same studio. This truly is a joke of a release in this state.
Hey if on Hard puzzle difficulty it will not show any prompts. Let you know because my friend told me before I start on hard puzzle difficulty. Plus he over read forum in gamespot that someone else comments there said prompts will not show up on hard puzzle.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Hey if on Hard puzzle difficulty it will not show any prompts. Let you know because my friend told me before I start on hard puzzle difficulty. Plus he over read forum in gamespot that someone else comments there said prompts will not show up on hard puzzle.
What I mean is that in the save data it says it's on normal, not hard. It lists the puzzle difficulty you're using on your save data.

Old 03-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #6
streetunderpt

WOW.

Everyone should install the game on HDD and use a usb pen drive as storage device.

Fixed lag/freezing !

Now lets see if the game freezes on loading screen again, im hoping not , because i noticed improved performance right away.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
cheevo360

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetunderpt View Post
WOW.

Everyone should install the game on HDD and use a usb pen drive as storage device.

Fixed lag/freezing !

Now lets see if the game freezes on loading screen again, im hoping not , because i noticed improved performance right away.
Yes of course fine to me but still small notice lags when it is saving icons this only thing I notice on usb but when on hard drive yeah shitty lags or even freezes also i had installed way before start game first time.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
cheevo360

Quote:
What I mean is that in the save data it says it's on normal, not hard. It lists the puzzle difficulty you're using on your save data.
Ahh I see ok, no problem to me. I not know why affects to you. I checked my load game menu and it said hard difficulty puzzle and easy game difficulty.

You got fixed yet?
Old 03-31-2012, 02:36 PM   #9
streetunderpt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Yes of course fine to me but still small notice lags when it is saving icons this only thing I notice on usb but when on hard drive yeah shitty lags or even freezes also i had installed way before start game first time.
I install all my games on hard drive, always.

But how would you know you needed to use the usb as storage device to fix the problem of lag/freezing? This is the firs time im doing something like this.

This is not normal of course its bad work done by Vatragames, if i havent found that thread on gamefaqs i would never guess it.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #10
cheevo360

Quote:
I install all my games on hard drive, always.

But how would you know you needed to use the usb as storage device to fix the problem of lag/freezing? This is the firs time im doing something like this.

This is not normal of course its bad work done by Vatragames, if i havent found that thread on gamefaqs i would never guess it.
Well lags just few times when you into every areas unlike too much in hard drive without USB so I decide copy save games into USB from HDD in middle of playthrough then play because I want less framerate and lags but still few lags and framerates.

I usually install games if it's freezes or lags then I do it but if nothing as long as I don't have install games

I am so happy achievements not affects if you copy save game from Hdd to USB
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #11
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Well now the game is corrupting my saves and won't even let me save on USB. This is the buggiest piece of fucking garbage I've ever played.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:07 PM   #12
cheevo360

Quote:
Well now the game is corrupting my saves and won't even let me save on USB. This is the buggiest piece of fucking garbage I've ever played.
Oh no. Very sorry to read about it. I got smiliar problem last year is TDU 2 that last time game is save corrupted. I understand it is pain in asses. I getting mad when TDU 2 like you here.

Maybe you delete everything for this game then start new playthrough on USB and install game into USB too. I hate to say this but seem only way for now.

I pray pray Konami is wake up and get developers to patches for updates for this game.

Konami is very pain in ass publisher because too many titles is bugs without patches!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 PM   #13
cheevo360

I not want made other thread but I made comment here.

Here lists of recent Konami's buggy titles:

Silent Hill: Downpour (near lots of bugs)
Silent Hill: Homecoming (quite lots of bugs)
Blades of Time (50% bugs)
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (some bugs)
Never Dead (so many dead bugs and action gameplay is quite broken)
SAW (Some bugs but not broken unlike 2nd series)
SAW II (terrible broken gameplay with some notice bugs)
and some more recent Konami titles without patches!!!

Last edited by cheevo360; 03-31-2012 at 10:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I can only fucking agree.

Half way through, killed the boogeyman and then stuck on the loading-screen, tried it 3x and then I checked my save-files and yeah guess what CORRUPTED SAVED GAME (720KB), up my ass.

Now I wonder why I even started this shit.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
The Silence

xMASSxKhaotic's Gamercard
Seems to me like a couple of people here are a little butthurt over a bit of misconstrued data. Well, guess what? This is why you use your regular hard drive without any attachments. The more places you try to save the game to - the worse it gets.

If you're having so many troubles with the game and how it works, try downloading the patches - clear the cache, clear the save data ( since it's not working anyway ), start up the game while online and have at 'er. I didn't have a single problem like you guys did, and I'm on yet another playthrough with still no problems.

You have no reason to be griping and groaning. Furthermore, I might add that if you have mods installed on your Xbox, or any other sort of device that may be interfering with save data, that could be a huge problem.

Now if you REALLY want your gamerscore, and you REALLY want to play this game, I suggest you take the time to fiddle with your save data a bit, take the time to grab the patches, and start the game out on a different difficulty. No prompts on Hard Puzzle difficulty? Tough shit. Game says it's on Normal Puzzle difficulty? Play it anyway. Game freezes? Start that shit back up again.

If you were true gamers, and not just GS whores, you'd understand that some games DO take patience. Silent Hill on the Xbox has never exactly been renowned for being "for hardcore gamerscore whoring skids who want to blast through the game in 20 minutes."

It is a slow, gradual experience and it might even be a process for some - if you're so worried about it over-all, go buy a new Xbox and then come back.

The day when someone has to flip their shit like that is the day they need to get a life. And I ain't trying to flame, but seriously. L2Game plz.
The Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
iam_theghost

simon taneous's Gamercard
Quote:
WOW.

Fixed lag/freezing !

Awesome!! It worked.
Super bummed that not too long into the game I couldn't get past the loading screen, thought I tried everything and as soon as I tried this it worked!(for now)

I love the Silent Hill games and can see past lagging and whatnot, but it really sucks to get to a point that the game won't continue.

*recently had a similar problem playing Deadly Premonition for the second time, told me my disc was scratched even though I installed it and had played it through once be for. Actually uninstalled it and played right off the disc and it worked fine. hah
iam_theghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #17
Hashmap

Hashmap's Gamercard
I installed it, initially saved to the hard drive and made a backup on a usb. No matter which game I load it freezes on the part where you're leaving the radio station and you get stuck on the the clock ala Back to the Future style and you go through some flashbacks.

I also had that bullshit with not being able to get out of the first room.

Too many games to play to figure this garbage out.
Hashmap is offline   Reply With Quote