PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL's Gamercard
DLC Question: Should be played after Main story is completed?

Hello

I have the Legendary edition, I have been given both DLC missions but not yet done them. I am level 28 at the moment.

Is is better off to do the DLC missions after Ive completed the main Skyrim story? Or will it make no difference and I can just play them both now?

Any pros or cons?

Thank you
Old 07-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Godfather93a

Godfather93a's Gamercard
Dawnguard no, but level 28 is a little low for Dragonborn I would wait till you are lvl 35-40+ for that DLC. As for whether or not it matters not really there is some extra dialogue in Dragonborn if you beat the main story & if you complete Hermaeus Mora's Deadric quest. Other than the dialogue no, but from a RP stand point if your making your character be Dovahkiin it made more sense to me to complete the Main story first. If you decide to just go & check out Solstheim you will be prompted to complete the DLC main quest every time you sleep. But bluntly no it does not make a difference when you do the DLC.
Godfather93a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
Skills4Kills

Had the same question.
Skills4Kills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #4
Benmahalf X

Benmahalf X's Gamercard
One benefit in Dragonborn to getting over to Solstheim and doing The Last Descent quickly (I was in my 20s when I was finally strong enough to do it on adept difficulty) is getting the Black Book which doubles the skill points reading books gives you. You can head left to go straight to the book and avoid the dragon priest who can definitely demolish a low level guy.

As for Dawnguard, finishing that will get the random vampire attacks to stop, a personal pet peeve of mine. That and the random Enclave attacks in Fallout 3 are why Bethesda sometimes pisses me off...but they do make awesome games!
Old 07-28-2013, 03:25 PM   #5
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I did them after the main storyline when i was like level 76, but i don't think it makes too much of a difference.
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:30 AM   #6
iceniggles

iceNiggles's Gamercard
There's no cons but it helps a lot espicaly with dawngaurd to get thur the main story espicaly if you get stuck seeing as you can become a vampire lord, and not a lot of pepole know becase they choose to go vampire lord but if you choose the dawngaurd you can make better crossbows and bolts and even get armored trolls to follow you, fun as hell to attack a guard amd whach the troll destory the town like kimg kong
iceniggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #7
WedgedBeefStew

WedgedBeefStew's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceniggles View Post
There's no cons but it helps a lot espicaly with dawngaurd to get thur the main story espicaly if you get stuck seeing as you can become a vampire lord, and not a lot of pepole know becase they choose to go vampire lord but if you choose the dawngaurd you can make better crossbows and bolts and even get armored trolls to follow you, fun as hell to attack a guard amd whach the troll destory the town like kimg kong
Well, kinda one con. You do need the Elder Scroll from the main questline for Dawnguard.
WedgedBeefStew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #8
JohnMicheal7

JohnMicheal7's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmahalf X View Post
As for Dawnguard, finishing that will get the random vampire attacks to stop, a personal pet peeve of mine. That and the random Enclave attacks in Fallout 3 are why Bethesda sometimes pisses me off...but they do make awesome games!
^^^ This its worth playing dawngaurd during your story missions i found the crossbow to be a useful tool ( i dont really mod or cheat so a crossbow was powerfull in my lower levels ) plus its just really fun , there is no benifit to waiting for dawngaurd , dragonborn however yeah finish up everything in skyrim before you head to raven rock
JohnMicheal7 is offline   Reply With Quote