PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Spec Ops: The Line
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2012, 04:42 PM   #31
Play Up Pomp3y

Play Up Pomp3y's Gamercard
Four hours. Lol. I guess you guys also did COD 2, 4 and WaW in one day too? I'm not gonna go all out and say ur lying, but just playing it steady, taking your time (which you kinda have to do to avoid insta-death) the game would take that long just to play thru. So you must have hardly died at all! The first 3 chapters have taken me nearly an hour, mainly due to daft AI, or being forced out of cover to save my "team". So far I would put this up there with veteran difficulty on CoD 2, or Insane on Gears. Not impossible but certainly requiring sensible use of cover routes, accurate shooting and a healthy dollop of good fortune towards friendly AI and damn grenades!
Play Up Pomp3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:33 AM   #32
lilsting

I'm currently 3 hours in on my Fubar playthrough. I managed to make it to chapter 10-2 (the part when you are on the side of the truck with the grenade launcher). So far Fubar hasn't been to difficult for me, but I'm pretty good at games in general. Some tips that have helped me in bullet point format:

-417 assault rifle: This gun is amazing. 1 shot to head on most enemies with 2-3 shots to the body. It also has a 4x scope, use it.

-Let your teammates do a lot of the killing you can't do. You kill the guys that you can kill, but let your teammates take care of the ones who are in a position to kill you. An example of this would be enemies who are elevated above you. Instead of popping out risking to take him out, utilize your team.

-When stuck in a situation, change up your strategy. I remember early on, I think it was chapter 5. I died like 3 times so I changed up my plan. Instead of guns a blazing, I spammed my grenades to get the AI to dive or get stunned. Then I picked them off.

-Take your time. There is no rush so stay behind cover for 10 minutes if you have to.

-When aiming with LT, clicking in the right joystick changes the angle of which you can hit targets at. Utilize this feature.

-Popping out of cover to shoot someone is not always the best idea. Rather detach yourself from cover and then crouch. Slowly side step out of cover to pick off the enemy and then side step back. Normally when you pop up you can get hit from multiple angles. When you do the strategy I just mentioned, the only person that can hit you is the person you're picking off.

Using these strats I steam rolled through chapters 1-5 in a little over an hour. It's taken me 2 hours to do 6-10. When I wake up I'll finish off the game. I know that chapters 13 and 14 are probably going to be a bit tricky. Keep at it gents, you'll get there.

One last tip. I noticed that when you don't move up, your teammates don't move up. They normally only advance if you tag someone or if you move up. They will sometimes move ahead a little bit, but never to far. Keep this in mind and try to pick out most enemies from as far back as possible so you don't have to deal with your teammates dieing all the damn time. GOOD LUCK!!

Edit: I wanted to add one more tip. I can't stress the importance of vantage points. Always look for the best spot to place yourself for the duration of a fight even if you have to die a few times to find that spot. Once you find a good vantage point then things become a lot easier. Only advance when you're SURE all the enemies are dead or nobody can hit you. We are talking about 2 shot deaths so take your sweet time.

Update: I started playing the game again when I woke up now I'm on chapter 14. Chapter 13 wasn't too bad, but I can see how some people are having trouble on it. Chapter 13 was all about having optimal points for me to have to pick people off. The weapons I had on me during Chapter 13 was a 417 and either an M4a1 or a scar. I definitely died the most on this chapter, but I got through it in under an hour. I wish I had a capture card. I would post walkthroughs on how to make it through. Right now I'm on the middle of chapter 14. I'm at the point where there is a big battle with 2 turrets and a bunch of soldiers. It's the big battle right before the Juggernaut that Walker envisions as Lugo. This part seems to be the toughest part for me because of the damned turrets, so I decided to take a break. I'm currently 4 Hours and 35 minutes exactly in on my Fubar playthrough. I'll update once again when I beat the game.

Final Update: I finished the game and cleaned up the few remaining achievements I had to do. My fubar playthrough clocked in at 4 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds. That's not too long considering my suicide playthrough took me 4 hours and 46 minutes. As for some closing remarks, just keep at it and you'll eventually overcome this game. When you start to get frustrated, take a break and comeback to it. You'll do better the next time you come to it. Also, TURN ON AIM ASSIST. I did both suicide and fubar without aim assist because I didn't know it existed. I probably wouldn't have turned it on anyway due to pride issues, but that's besides the point. I cleaned up my remaining cheevos on easy and aim assist was automatically on. It made the aiming MUCH easier. If you get stuck, don't hesitate to use aim assist. With that said, I'm sending this game back to gamefly. If anyone needs some tips feel free to message me me here or on XBL. My gamertag is lilsting.
lilsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 AM   #33
Importz2k1

SupremeNacho3's Gamercard
Difficulty 5/10? I don't think so...........
I've played alot of tough games but this one takes the cake!
My teammates suck, the AI are invincible and can kill you with one shot.
Heavies.............good luck with them. Checkpoints? (frustrating)
The game was enjoyable up until I got to the Fubar difficulty and it has been one frustrating moment after another. I just don't understand how people can enjoy this.
I'm all for a challenge, but not a heart attack from anger. If this wasn't a rental for me I would tie the disc to the bottom of my shoe and go skatting on my concrete driveway!
Importz2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #34
BKBLAZER

BKBLAZER's Gamercard
I don't think I've been as frustrated during a game since WaW. Some nade spam but not nearly as bad as WaW. I think everyone can agree the hardest part is sitting through the loading screens after dying.
BKBLAZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:12 PM   #35
Chef Not Chief

Chef Not Chief's Gamercard
flip a coin on this difficulty, you can do the same thing 100 times, and every time you will have a completely different outcome. Overall, it's not difficult, just frustrating. People say the AI are idiots, but as far as most games are concerned, I didn't think your teammates were half bad, they actually kill people, unlike COD where they just shoot, and nothing happens. lol

Acrade Games Completed : 16
Chef Not Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #36
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
It is certainly difficult at certain points.. beginning of Chapter 6, Storming the Gate (I forget the chapter and mostly due to your AI teammates getting downed in open areas); Chapters 13 and 14 are difficult, but doable with some patience and perseverance. I'm currently on Fubar at the beginning of ch. 14.. should finish it tonight.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #37
cigarnut81

Legit Spam's Gamercard
gave up, games are meant to be a fun, stress free release from normal life. when did they become more frustrating? I know, when we got into achievements..
cigarnut81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:40 AM   #38
Denizens44

Guardsman Jacob's Gamercard
Right now I am going through my Fubar playthrough and I can tell you that it is not as bad as it is put out to be.
With some patience, you can go through it quite easily

Thank you Audacious for the signature

Gamertag: Guardsman Jacob
Denizens44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #39
NetroDude

NetroDude's Gamercard
I only struggled in a few places.
NetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 PM   #40
Arenazombie

Arenazombie's Gamercard
I'm in chapter 11 so far and I didn't had much trouble. Got surpringly well trough the part at the beginning of chapter 6.
Bit afraid about the beginning of chapter 13, were Adams goes auto down, as I am used to taking my sweet time. Also the part with the 2 bunkers in chater 14 could end up being pretty tough.
Arenazombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:13 PM   #41
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
Guys, the only problems I had on my first playthrough on Suicide Mission were in mission 10 - garages and mission 14 - two bunkers, otherwise it was easy.
I just started my second playthough on Fubar, so I want to ask, are there changes in no. of enemies? And what about chapter 13?- people say it´s the hardest one, but on Suicide i died like 5 times maximally i think.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #42
Ryan Dando

ryan dando's Gamercard
Struggling to find the time and patience to back and do it all again on FUBAR for that 1 last achievement would of been nicer to go straight for FUBAR :/ I wouldnt re-rent it for the 1, 50G achievement though. Not worth it.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #43
Drazer76

Drazer76's Gamercard
So, if while playing and you get stuck on a chapter. Can you drop the difficulty down on that level and then come back to it later and still unlock that difficulties achievement.
i.e. Does each level save its difficulty or is it the run through as a whole..
Drazer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #44
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Well, it's not quite to the insanity of "Veteran" Mode on Call of Duty (well, COD 2 thru 5 anyway) ...but it is definitely challenging.

I enjoyed it a lot. It'll feel good once you get through it, so yeah I'd say it's worth the headache.

Cheers

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:36 AM   #45
chach7171

Muttnchopmaniac's Gamercard
Gametime doesn't count deaths and restarts, most on fubar are probably skipping cut scenes which I'm guessing is counted on the clock as well. My sui run was 5 hrs and it damn sure took longer then that. I've noticed just ordering your squad is the way to do it and just hang back in cover, it's gonna blow once you lose both of 'em for a chapter or two I hate the game grenade spamming.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #46
TigaSefi

Tigasefi's Gamercard
I am going through it now and it's not hard. Just incredibly irritating with its two bullet kills. Ridiculous.
TigaSefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #47
THC BLUNTED

THC BLUNTED's Gamercard
I just finished my FUBAR playthrough the other day and it was pretty tough in some parts. But most of the game was fairly easy. If you can get past the beginning of chapter 6 where you are by yourself, then you can beat the rest of the game. Make sure to look at the FUBAR tips and tricks before you start this difficulty. Keep trying and dont give up!
THC BLUNTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:19 AM   #48
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
After my suicidal run, I kept thinking that chapter 13 and 14 would be the hardest on FUBAR. Well, I haven't been there yet, but I got totally slaughtered on chapter 6 first section. It took me over 4 hours (with a dinner break in between) to get lucky.

Thereafter, it was pretty plain-sailing, so far. I'm up to 10-2 so far. Even the infamous chopper attack in chapter 6 and the garage section is chapter 10 wasn't that hard as I managed to one-time them...

Hopefully I could get past the rest by the end of the week.

Last edited by neeker75; 05-14-2013 at 01:24 AM.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:38 AM   #49
neeker75

neeker75's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Finally done with FUBAR. It's really hard, but the hardest part for me is still Chapter 6, the first part when you're alone with only 5 bullets. I made so many stupid mistakes there, and the more it went on, the more frustrated I became, leading to more deaths.

Chapter 13 first part was manageable if you take cover way, way behind. Adams will not die so it's a matter of picking off the first two waves of enemies, and then take out the heavy with the SCAR's explosive ammo. I didn't really have a problem with the yacht part on suicidal, and didn't have a problem on FUBAR either. I ran all the way up the yacht and took out every enemy coming in, while dodging some grenades along the way.

The other part I had major problems with is, strangely, chapter 14 first part. I spent about 2.5 hours there, constantly dying in cheap deaths while trying to save Adams. Taking the bunker turret and then the gatehouse took only a couple of reloads. While taking the bunker, Adams will not die so I just abused him all the way, having him attack everyone on the map. Worked really well!

And for those who're wondering about chapter select, I did my FUBAR run on chapter select, and didn't play the initial part on the chopper at all. The achievement still unlocked. So as long as the FUBAR completion logo is on all the chapters when you select chapter, the achievement should unlock without having to start a new game.
neeker75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:12 PM   #50
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNELSON View Post
Beat Suicide in around 5 hours. I returned it back to gamefly because I didn't want to go through on FUBAR. I really didn't have any trouble beating it on suicide until I got to Save Goul/Let him die. After that, parts were slightly challenging, but not impossible. Chapters 10 - 14 certainly were challenging.

So, is FUBAR extremely difficult? Should I re - rent it for my 1000G?
It's fucked up beyond all recognition.

Chapters 6, 13, and 14, specifically.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:46 PM   #51
SallyNasty

SallyNasty's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Iceman View Post
It's fucked up beyond all recognition.

Chapters 6, 13, and 14, specifically.

-M
I am currently on chapter 14 on Fubar and I can't remember a more difficult playthrough. The AI is absolute bullshit and can headshot you from accross the map. It is the opposite of fun and makes me rethink my dedication to completing a game. I am finishing the game as a fuck you, not because I am enjoying it.

SallyNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #52
Silicon Iceman

Silicon Iceman's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyNasty View Post
I am currently on chapter 14 on Fubar and I can't remember a more difficult playthrough. The AI is absolute bullshit and can headshot you from accross the map. It is the opposite of fun and makes me rethink my dedication to completing a game. I am finishing the game as a fuck you, not because I am enjoying it.
Don't fret. Spiking your controller on the ground and yelling "FUCK YOU!" at your TV when the credits roll is the best feeling in the world. You'll get there. Personally, it took me way more tries to do the beginning of chapter 6 and 13 than the fight uphill on chapter 14. So if you've made it that far, you'll definitely beat the game in no time. Just stick with it. Read my tips for that part here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=377701

I really think that the key to that battle is making sure you have a long-range, precision weapon and DON'T drop it when you pick up the rocket launcher. The precision weapon will allow you to take out most (if not all) of the people behind the bunker from a safer distance. I ordered Adams to kill anyone he could up until the halfway point to the checkpoint. It is only in that area (where he takes cover behind the hummer) that he can get downed. At least it was for me. Up until that point, he was damn near invincible. You can also use him to distract the turret gunner which will provide you with a valuable second or two to aim at his head.

Even if you do get stuck with the SCAR and the RPG, use the RPG for the turret gunners (and don't miss). Keep it with you when you run out of ammo because there is an ammo box halfway up the hill against a wall on the left side that will give you an extra rocket. After you use up that last rocket, then you can (and should) swap it out for anything that is lying around. If you're down to only the SCAR, don't get into cover, but hide behind something and slowly strafe out to where you can peek at where the enemies are and pick them off one by one. Only go for headshots. Advance slowly through this area and make sure that everyone is dead before you move up. There are several spawn points, but the enemies are limited, so take that to heart.

All you have to do is mantle over the sandbags of the outpost where the mortar was and you'll hit a checkpoint. There is a SAW and a grenade launcher in there. After this point, you'll be home free as the four remaining battles are a cakewalk compared to what you just went through.

-M
Silicon Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote