PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-30-2013, 06:32 PM   #31
Lollipopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Comparing this with Dishonored > FAIL. Have fun with the challenges...

Agreed. I mean even if you die you automatically fail the challenge and you have to start from wave 1 to restart it.
Just trying to stay positive, stop crying that you have to redo it all over again and just enjoy the game
Lollipopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #32
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
Just trying to stay positive, stop crying that you have to redo it all over again and just enjoy the game
Yeah that's what she said...
Old 07-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #33
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollipopper View Post
At what point was Blaze shedding tears or did I miss something?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:34 PM   #34
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
At what point was Blaze shedding tears or did I miss something?
It's all good Ponypo, no worries. I might cry a little bit now but only because you can't change the difficulty setting yet. It's still says HARD hehe. Cheers for the back up though, appreciate it!

Does anyone manage to unlock this:

The Ol' One-Two
In CitC, use all eight different vigor combos to deliver the killing blow on an enemy.

I'm still having trouble with that and yeah I already used all eight combinations with the killing blow.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #35
Kooky Cow 32

Kooky Cow 32's Gamercard
Quote:
It's all good Ponypo, no worries. I might cry a little bit now but only because you can't change the difficulty setting yet. It's still says HARD hehe. Cheers for the back up though, appreciate it!

Does anyone manage to unlock this:

The Ol' One-Two
In CitC, use all eight different vigor combos to deliver the killing blow on an enemy.

I'm still having trouble with that and yeah I already used all eight combinations with the killing blow.

I've been having the same problem. No matter how many times I've used the cominations, the achievement still hasn't popped.

Also, for anyone interested:
Sergeant-at-Arms15 In CitC, get a kill with each weapon and vigor (except Bucking Bronco).

This includes getting a kill with the Crank Gun (dropped by Patriots)
I think the first level you fight a Patriot is wave 11 in the first area. Try and kill the Patriot when there is still at least 1 other enemy left alive, cause I'm not sure if the Crank Gun can carry over waves or not.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #36
Rowdy Burns

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJaded View Post
Anyone know how to get Missile Defense System Achievement? - "In CitC, kill an enemy with splash damage by shooting a rocket out of the air."

I keep shooting rockets kind of far from them but nothing happens. I'm even using the skyline.
I got this on level 6 in the first arena. There will be 6 enemies, but only a few will have rocket launchers. I got close to one of the enemies carrying a club, and suspended him in the air with Bucking Bronco to use as achievement bait. Then I stood behind him and when a rocket guy fired at me I shot it while it was close to him.
Rowdy Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #37
xRelentlessx

x7Relentless7x's Gamercard
Hey, How do I attach the Achievement icon and G rating to a guide, I would like to add the Blue Ribbon one to my Guide
Currently 54720

Bioshock Infinite: Clash in the Clouds - Blue Ribbon Guide

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=508240
xRelentlessx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #38
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP Doback View Post
Definitely the best achievement on the list.
What achievement!? Stop spamming to get your first five posts done.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #39
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xRelentlessx View Post
Hey, How do I attach the Achievement icon and G rating to a guide, I would like to add the Blue Ribbon one to my Guide
: g s i c o n :

No spaces, will look like

Quote:
What achievement!? Stop spamming to get your first five posts done.
Lmao! Oh, Blaze

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #40
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Lmao! Oh, Blaze
You shut up man LMAO. Get the guide done ASAP ya hear me!
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #41
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
You shut up man LMAO. Get the guide done ASAP ya hear me!
I haven't even start them yet I'm being lazy today!

Old 07-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #42
lazyslothboy

lazyslothboy001's Gamercard
I'm just gonna wait for them to patch this a little. At the very least, if your dlc is going to freeze, let it save after every wave or something so I don't lose 14 waves worth of progress. I just don't have the heart to pick this dlc back up until they do that much.

The noob in me kinda hopes that they will unlock the difficulty too since I'd prefer if I could just blitz through everything and not worry about most of the hard stuff.
lazyslothboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:34 AM   #43
Barad
Back from Dubai!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Also I want to point out that the developers were kinda lazy with the 195 list. Only one achievement for the challenges!? Really!?? They could have at least put a few more in for earning/completing 15,30,45 challenges and so on. What eventually will sum up to a fully 250 ....but yeah who gives a fuck...
All true but at least this DLC is great value for money..you barely get to see 400msp DLC's these days especially with achievements!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 01:53 AM   #44
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
All true but at least this DLC is great value for money..you barely get to see 400msp DLC's these days especially with achievements!
Arkane Studios and Irrational Games are great companies for that reason. But what bugs me is that both of their games had amazing Single Player driven experiences, and yet the first batch of content they release is challenge/arena DLC. At least both games had/will get two great story DLC's. And everything from them is reasonably priced

Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 AM   #45
All Regent

All Regent's Gamercard
This DLC is fun albeit challenging!

One thing I hate though is the wording of the blue ribbons. They say like "deal with" or "kill" but neither of these really hold any meaning since sometimes you fail challenges that say "deal with" if you even attempt to use something other than the stipulation, while other times you can wittle enemies down with a gun then kill them with the specific vigor, for example.

It's also pretty dumb how the medkit/salt tears don't refill after each wave

Last edited by All Regent; 07-31-2013 at 02:29 AM.
All Regent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #46
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
I hope these aren't as hard as Dishonored's Challenges/Trials, because that's the vibe I'm getting from this DLC.
As soon as I seen this that's exactly what I thought.
I've still not went back to Dishonored after telling it to fuck off for being so inconsistent on one of the challenges where you had to get to the end killing everything yourself IIRC but they could spawn in different places each wave or it might even have been that different numbers of each enemy was random which meant by the time you even got close they had already killed each other and so effectively it all came down to luck.

Pity to see that this is the first season pass DLC, I don't think I've ever seen a solo horde mode that wasn't tedious shite but I suppose that's the gamble with a season pass, nobody to blame but myself.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 AM   #47
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladimirK View Post
As soon as I seen this that's exactly what I thought.
I've still not went back to Dishonored after telling it to fuck off for being so inconsistent on one of the challenges where you had to get to the end killing everything yourself IIRC but they could spawn in different places each wave or it might even have been that different numbers of each enemy was random which meant by the time you even got close they had already killed each other and so effectively it all came down to luck.

Pity to see that this is the first season pass DLC, I don't think I've ever seen a solo horde mode that wasn't tedious shite but I suppose that's the gamble with a season pass, nobody to blame but myself.
Yeah, I got five of the Dishonored Trials achievements and can't be bothered with the other half. They're tedious and extremely over-the-top challenging that it becomes a burden to work on them.

As for this game, I haven't started this DLC yet, but from what people are saying and by the looks of the x360a leaderboards...the achievements don't seem too bad and this is sure to please the fans who enjoyed the combat in the main game. I mean, this was only $5 anyways. And the Season Pass essentially gives you one of the two Burial at Sea DLC's for free, so I can't complain.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:39 AM   #48
vSully

vSully's Gamercard
I recently played (and completed) the Dunwall City Trials dlc. It's easy to say now that I've completed it, but, in some sordid way, I'm glad the achievements were as difficult as they were. It felt really, really, really fucking good when I finally popped Void Star, Daredevil, and By My Hand Alone.

The problem wasn't how difficult they were, but how much luck was involved coupled with how difficult they were. You need to spend enough time mastering each trial (hours) and then be willing to replay it for at least a few more hours until you finally get the perfect run where the random elements line up the right way AND you don't make any mistakes. Yikes.

I sincerely hope this Bioshock dlc ends up being a lot less difficult than the Dunwall City Trials, though, because I really don't want more unexpected frustration. Otherwise I'll be putting this off for as long as my completionist OCD will allow =/
vSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:48 AM   #49
WORLDEATER

WORLDEATER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I added a video for "Missile Defense System" in my post on the first page. I hope it helps some people out.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 AM   #50
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Sometimes I feel as if the gaming community is starting to feel like they should be entitled to an achievement after a few minutes or a few tries now a days. How can you call that an achievement when it's just based upon how much time you spent. Too many times game companies give away free achievements by allowing them be given by simply pressing a button or completing some menial task that comes with normal gameplay anyways. For once there are some achievements that deserve the name 'achievement' and people are complaining. I understand ppl needing to 100% everything because of 'OCD' but really, that isn't an excuse. Gaining an achievement should be just that, an achievement. As the person above me said it felt really really good gaining a few achievements in the Dunwall Trials, that's how it's meant to be done, and the feeling you should have when you gain one. A great achievement is one that makes you feel proud to have completed it and that you've earned something. With the next gen of achievements having the possibility to span multiple titles, it's going to be a nightmare for those that must get 100% on everything.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #51
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarqStalker View Post
Sometimes I feel as if the gaming community is starting to feel like they should be entitled to an achievement after a few minutes or a few tries now a days. How can you call that an achievement when it's just based upon how much time you spent. Too many times game companies give away free achievements by allowing them be given by simply pressing a button or completing some menial task that comes with normal gameplay anyways. For once there are some achievements that deserve the name 'achievement' and people are complaining. I understand ppl needing to 100% everything because of 'OCD' but really, that isn't an excuse. Gaining an achievement should be just that, an achievement. As the person above me said it felt really really good gaining a few achievements in the Dunwall Trials, that's how it's meant to be done, and the feeling you should have when you gain one. A great achievement is one that makes you feel proud to have completed it and that you've earned something. With the next gen of achievements having the possibility to span multiple titles, it's going to be a nightmare for those that must get 100% on everything.
/10char
Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #52
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Oh effing hell.... So I've been busy packing for a move, planning camping trips, vacation, construction at work, finishing up Metro LL when I have a moment life is not going insane. Haven't been able to download this yet, or read anything on it even.

Bioshock Infinite's first DLC is a fucking challenge/trial DLC?!?!?!?

Seriously my friends, say it ain't so!!!!!

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #53
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Oh effing hell.... So I've been busy packing for a move, planning camping trips, vacation, construction at work, finishing up Metro LL when I have a moment life is not going insane. Haven't been able to download this yet, or read anything on it even.

Bioshock Infinite's first DLC is a fucking challenge/trial DLC?!?!?!?

Seriously my friends, say it ain't so!!!!!
It's so But fear not bud, for the next two DLC's will be (by the looks) just as awesome as the retail game itself!

Old 07-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #54
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Whoever invented Horde/Arena/Survival/Waves needs shooting, as now thats all we get, even in games they dont belong

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #55
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Whoever invented Horde/Arena/Survival/Waves needs shooting, as now thats all we get, even in games they dont belong
The earliest Xbox 360 game I can think of to have a mode like this would be Rainbow Six Vegas back in 2007.

Treyarch and EPIC then followed suit a year later in 2008 with Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops.

So let's blame them.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #56
VladimirK

VladimirK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarqStalker View Post
snip
Except if you actually bother thinking about it beyond this old painfully dull argument that's thrown out for apparently no reason other than to try and make yourself sound better than other people without any consideration of the specific achievements being discussed of, 'Oh, but achievements are called achievements because you're supposed to achieve them!' You realise that for some achievements that means nothing.

Sure, I get and agree with the point when an achievement is difficult, take an equally old example of a tough achievement, Mile High Club - That was tough but it was always fair and so sure, no problem with that line when applied there in my opinion.

However what's being discussed above is luck, there's no possible way you can rationalise how the same argument can be applied to something that is dictated to such a large degree by nothing more than a dice roll and how much time you're willing to waste until you get the right roll come up for you.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #57
Evo Kazz
Completionist

II Kazz II's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Platinum   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Tyger7   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
The earliest Xbox 360 game I can think of to have a mode like this would be Rainbow Six Vegas back in 2007.

Treyarch and EPIC then followed suit a year later in 2008 with Gears of War 2 and Call of Duty Black Ops.

So let's blame them.
Lets, those bastards!

Arcade Crazy - 26 - Over Achiever - 54 - XB1 Points - 36
Franchise Clubs - 5x Tier 1, 3x Tier 2, 1x Tier 3
Staff Clubs - 10

Evo Kazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #58
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo Kazz View Post
Quote:

So let's blame them.
I actually love horde modes, probably even more than standard multiplayer just because it actually inspires teamwork where competitive multiplayer modes, despite their efforts to do so, almost always fail and everyone runs around doing their own thing. It was awesome in Rainbow Six: Vegas and Gears of War but my absolute favorite was in Mass Effect 3. The difference? You weren't fucking playing alone! Solo wave-based combat is no fun. They should have taken a shot at doing two-player co-op with this add-on, one player as Elizabeth and one player as Booker. The player controlling Elizabeth could have played a support role and they could have gotten pretty creative and made that a lot of fun. I actually can't think of too many games that have a horde mode that doesn't fit as much as this one doesn't seem to.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #59
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
I actually love horde modes, probably even more than standard multiplayer just because it actually inspires teamwork where competitive multiplayer modes, despite their efforts to do so, almost always fail and everyone runs around doing their own thing. It was awesome in Rainbow Six: Vegas and Gears of War but my absolute favorite was in Mass Effect 3. The difference? You weren't fucking playing alone! Solo wave-based combat is no fun. They should have taken a shot at doing two-player co-op with this add-on, one player as Elizabeth and one player as Booker. The player controlling Elizabeth could have played a support role and they could have gotten pretty creative and made that a lot of fun. I actually can't think of too many games that have a horde mode that doesn't fit as much as this one doesn't seem to.
Yeah, this whole horde/arena mode doesn't fit well at all in BioShock. Had the team focused on some sort of two player cooperative horde mode like you mention, that could have been really interesting though. Of course, I've yet to start this DLC, but I'm not really sure it'll hold my interest that long. I hope it's still somewhat enjoyable.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:29 AM   #60
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:

So let's blame them.
Not to nitpick, but don't you mean World at War? It was the first CoD to introduce ANY wave based mode, being zombies. Then MW2 added spec-ops. Then Black Ops, then MW3 with survival spec-ops mode.