Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Dragon Age 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #31
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
I'm playing a male character. I found it weird, unrealistic, and annoying that every male character had homosexual leanings.
I agree. When I found out Anders messed with guys that totally changed my opinion of him and I can't stand any moment he refers to events of DA:A when I actually liked his character.

Now they're going to allow Shepard to be gay as well in ME3 from what I have heard, which already makes me grind my teeth.

Sometimes I wonder if BioWare has an agenda.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 09:35 PM   #32
Epsilon 616

EPSILON 616's Gamercard
Anders is ALWAYS trying to be with you. I gotta keep telling him no....He just doesn't stop. Even after you put him down.

Aveline was my favorite companion and I felt a good bond with her. Yet, wasn't able to Romance her.

Fenris is too extreme...And I always saw him as a rival.

Isabella is the type of woman who falls in love with me in real life. Free spirited women always seem attracted to me, yet I have no want or desire to engage in a relationship with them.

Sebastian won't even consider it because I play as a man, but I like him as a friend anyway.

I wish you could do something with Varric. But since he's the narrator you can't run off with him at the end of the story.
Epsilon 616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #33
Flapjack Ninja

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The romances weren't that bad. Maybe just a bit limited in terms of what you can actually do with them; a few cut-scenes here and there. It's not really about that, though. For me, anyway.
Flapjack Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:18 PM   #34
Miles Prower F6

Miles Prower F6's Gamercard
6 characters wasn't enough to even have good choices.

There should have been 9 characters, 3 of each class.
Miles Prower F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #35
bakeryfreshgame

bakeryfreshgame's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules the great View Post
I suppose you could but then again this isnt Dragon Age: Origins of Incest
HA!! This post made my day.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 AM   #36
DarknessEvolved

DarknessEvolved's Gamercard
The think about DA:O is with enough positive affection, you can romance regardless of where you are in the game. That doesn't really make much sense at all. here you have to wait until a certain part of the game, which makes a LOT more sense.

I do miss all the dialogue conversations they had in the first game though.
DarknessEvolved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:49 AM   #37
harry77

RaTional GaMer7's Gamercard
The relationships you created with morrigan and leliana in DA1 felt a lot deeper and you had 2 work at them, even though morrigan was a quick to let u in ( no pun intended ) lol..watching her continue to fall for you after being so stubborn felt genuine whereas in DA2 it felt like they'd just chucked in the option of a romance which only took a few positive chats to guarantee one
harry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #38
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Well my character was most attracted to hawks sister, but found Merrill to be more interesting.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:39 AM   #39
Katarn

katarn starkilr's Gamercard
My two cents.

First i hate bioware for taking out the cut scenes in this game and ME2.
Second, related to a previous comment, Shepard was gay in the first game.

Aveline, i wanted her but no she was already married.
Anders, always hated him, always choose Sebastian at the end.
Bethany and carver, related.
Fenris, i say he is a coll dude, and he works for my females.
Isabela, she is ok, but could of been better, and i keep her around, which i don't like that crisis moment.
Merrill, usually my romance for male, just because i like good blood mages, and always side with the mages.
Sebastian, this guy is such a total wimp.
Varric, the only one i didn't want to romance, i don't really like him at all.

I would like to see something new with bioware. With their dlc have someone be romance able. Like Tallis in the mark of the assassin.

Side note i wonder how you have time to romance in ME3, what with the reapers and all
Katarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 AM   #40
tripleb2k

BobZombie3k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Submit - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The females were so opposite of each other, there was no good middle ground. You had the holy virgin and the college slut. There was no strong female character other than Aveline but of course, she couldn't be selected.
The guys were completely emo. Would have been cool to have a powerful or charming male romance partner like Allister.
Hope DA3 has better characters, both for romance and general companions. The background banter is funny, but none of them are memorable like DA:O.

In conclusion, I miss Leliana lol

tripleb2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #41
sleeper

pwned sleeper's Gamercard
mine too. Haven't gotten her into bed yet though
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:44 AM   #42
Krakenvenom

X THRILLJUNKY X's Gamercard
I loved the romances in this one, much .. MUCH more .. than in the first. It was just so much easier to deal with over the Morrigan/Leliana love and hate confusion they had going on in the first.
Krakenvenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:28 AM   #43
defaultdotxbe

default dot xbe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeplay201 View Post
As for the others I felt they were just basically homosexual. And it was cheesy how they were making passes at you constantly. I was a good character by the way. Maybe that's why Anders was so friendly to me. I didn't mind that though..
i think they (bioware) were trying to play up the fact that you could have homosexual romances, they figure most people play as a male character, so they make the male companions more flirtatious

it works both ways though, i played a female rogue and anders and fenris both had unsolicited flirtations with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_pip33 View Post
Even though Isabela was an incredibly well written character, her place as a romance was a bit hollow, considering she was so much more "open" with her sexuality.
i think that was the point, would seem unrealistic if she would sleep with anyone except you right? lol
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 AM   #44
softerxsin495

S0FTERSIN's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
I enjoyed the romances in this game. I thought they were interesting.

The homosexuality thing doesn't bother me, in games or reality, so I wasn't 'weirded out'.

But I romanced Fenris, he seemed to be an interesting one to try to romance, so I chose him first. Still playing through the game, so I'll probably check out some of the other romances. But was never really a fan of Isabella, that's for sure, at least in DAII.
100% Retail (360): 1
100% XBLA (360): 13
softerxsin495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #45
Challenger860

Challenger860's Gamercard
I loved Merril. Aveline looked like a caveman.
Challenger860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #46
Blue the Observer

BlueDragonRR's Gamercard
Technically, every romancable character in DA2 goes for both Male and Female Hawke, save Sebastian (cause he's a good lad). Although some people don't know that cause they play as Male Hawke.
Blue the Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
LEGIJACCCC

LEGIJACCCC's Gamercard
Isabellll ....
LEGIJACCCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #48
guidingvixen

guidingvixen's Gamercard
Playing as a female character:

DA:O I actually fell in love with Alistair, and was thrilled to see him in DA:2 only for him not to recognise me of course :'(

DA:2 I've romanced Anders and thought I'd screwed it up at one point because he suddenly went all cold on me and kept saying 'I think we should focus on the task at hand'. Fortunately that was supposed to happen and it all came out all right in the end. Now, on my second play through, I'm going to side with the Templars and try my hand at Fenris, it's the tattoos, they are just amazing.
guidingvixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #49
KeekoGaX

KeekoGaX's Gamercard
I felt they did a little better with the romances since you weren't in an awkward tent. I have to say Isabel and Merrill were my favorite romances Anders was to whiney for me.
KeekoGaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 02:56 AM   #50
YBEAR

ybear's Gamercard
hahaha, i love the cheese
YBEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #51
Death Metal Jim

Death Metal Jim's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - bplayak   Staff Club - Kairi   Staff Club - Yunder   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The romances in this game were very forced compared to the original game. It didn't help that almost everyone was hitting on you from the outset (especially Anders and Merrill). The only decent romance was with Isabela, because even though she would always joke about sex, she was hardly looking for love, and would constantly shy away from it. She's the only one you really have to work for to get her to fall in love with you, including letting her keep the artifact and of course not turning her over to the Arishok.

Hopefully when Dragon Age 3 comes out, they go back to the more intriguing romances, like with Morrigan in Origins.
Death Metal Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #52
Schreckofant

Schreckofant's Gamercard
I never understood what people see in these optional romances in games. They are always subpar. Can't remember a single game where an optional romance option was believable, rewarding or the game followed up on it in some way, besides some stupid random cutscene before the end of the game.

Maybe games like BG2, where "party management" did not consist of running to every character in between missions and just klicking all the available dialogue options had some sort of deeper development, but that's about it. DA1&2 romance sucked, ME romance sucked, even KotoR 1&2 romance sucked and those two are the best rpgs of the last decade.

There is just not enough depth to their character, mostly thanks to their non-involvment in the story to give a shit about romance in these games.

Last edited by Schreckofant; 08-07-2013 at 07:43 PM.
Schreckofant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:11 PM   #53
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schreckofant View Post
I never understood what people see in these optional romances in games. They are always subpar. Can't remember a single game where an optional romance option was believable, rewarding or the game followed up on it in some way, besides some stupid random cutscene before the end of the game.

Maybe games like BG2, where "party management" did not consist of running to every character in between missions and just klicking all the available dialogue options had some sort of deeper development, but that's about it. DA1&2 romance sucked, ME romance sucked, even KotoR 1&2 romance sucked and those two are the best rpgs of the last decade.

There is just not enough depth to their character, mostly thanks to their non-involvment in the story to give a shit about romance in these games.
Being able to get lucky is super important to 13 year old boys though.

The only part I ever care about is when the other person says something like "Oh I love you so much, I could die for you..", because then I immediately think "Don't expect me to revive you, cause you never revive me"

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #54
houyi111

yeah. they are all bad.
houyi111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 11:03 PM   #55
Loki511041

RavingMadJackal's Gamercard
The characters in general were very hit and miss to me. Varric, Isabela, Merril, and Bethany seemed like very fleshed out characters with good character arks while Aveline, Carver, Fenris, and Sebastion seemed kinda hollow, and I hated Anders 100%.

This continues into the romances as well because only merril romanced by male hawke felt in anyway genuine to me, with her torn between over the her love and her duty to the elvhen to pass on the gift to another elf.

Never put of till tomorrow what you can avoid doing entirely!

Last edited by Loki511041; 06-16-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: grammer/spelling
Loki511041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 02:55 PM   #56
StormierZiggy

StormierZiggy's Gamercard
I agree that they felt more rushed this time out, went with Morrigan in DA:O and Isabella in the second. She was the only proper legit option this time out IMO, whereas in Origins you at least had Leiliana and Morrigan.