PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #31
ApocNarok

ApocNarok's Gamercard
18 was definitely a doozy. During phase 3, the fenrir may throw molten kunais that can kill those juggernaut cyborgs in one hit. If you're lucky, he can kill both. Don't be afraid to parry the hammers, the offense defense dodge doesn't always work out well for me, so if you're confident that's another option to get out of the way.
ApocNarok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:47 PM   #32
SushiWashi4268

Sushi Washi4268's Gamercard
For #20, use this guide if you cant do the kick (like me!)

SushiWashi4268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 AM   #33
Alcomoney

Tactical XR's Gamercard
I would have used your method, SushiWashi4268, if I haven't done them all already...

Good job! This should help those struggling with it.

NANOMACHINES, SON. - Senator Armstrong
Alcomoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #34
Rascalov

EbonHawk01's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I need some tips for Mission 18. I can get to Wave 3 reliably but I just don't know how to deal with the Fenrir. What weapon should I be using?

R.I.P CrustyDirtDemon 1986-2011
Rascalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #35
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascalov View Post
I need some tips for Mission 18. I can get to Wave 3 reliably but I just don't know how to deal with the Fenrir. What weapon should I be using?
VR18 is all about where the enemies are spawning. So at wave 3 if you know where they all gonna spawn stay a little bit in front of them to the right. If you in the right position the dog will do his spear attack stunning at least one of the bersekers.

Then what I did was keep only focused on the dog and stay close to it otherwise it would use his beam attack what is really hard to dogde. Keep counter-parrying his attack and when succesfull you can kill him. Then focus on the berserkers with a charged sai (my preference). Just message me on Live with any questions. You're on my FL.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #36
Alcomoney

Tactical XR's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Yeah Im beating the enemies easily but sometimes the zandutsu cut doesnt show up, but I think mission 19 is more doable then 18 for sure! Will try some more tommorow.
Using the successive 3 hit combo of the pincer on the wolves allows you to immediately + them to oblivion, which makes them the easiest.

The rest of the enemies can be killed the the 3 hit pincer combo but beware, make sure you jump, dodge and not get greedy with the hits. Take it slowly and they should glow blue indicating they're Zandatsu-able (is that even a word?)

Also, never use the charge attack of the pincer. It can cut and possibly kill enemies.

NANOMACHINES, SON. - Senator Armstrong
Alcomoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #37
Ownasaur

Ownasaur's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by whassupbun View Post
From the VR Mission 001 video, how did you refill your whole FC meter but just picking up one spine off the ground? I've retried and re-watched your videos so much times and still can't figure it out. I have to zandatsu to completely refill the FC meter but that waste too many seconds.
I've been wondering how to do this as well. Any tips?
Ownasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownasaur View Post
I've been wondering how to do this as well. Any tips?
Just picking up one spine does fill up your FC meter. hmmm...seems like a silly question but are you actually hitting the red box on the enemies(s) when you're doing that slide attack? That makes their spine drop and gives you full FC (and health) the same as zandatsu.
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:57 PM   #39
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i finished 18 on my third try. i followed the fenrir wherever he ran and eventually he will attack with either his dash or his claw attack which are both easy to parry, only problem were the tripods, they were really annoying.

19 was a nightmare for me though and cost me 4 hours straight. i lost 4 times when i was about to cut the last fenrir and missed the red box lol. then i watched the videos the thread creator made and this is the best way to fight fenrirs imo.

forward, forward Y with no unique weapon equipped and Blademode cancel to do it again, after the 7th time you can execute him. did this on the last 4 fenrirs and it worked pretty well (although i still messed up a few times but thats my fault).

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #40
Ratpoizen

Ratpoizen's Gamercard
Just did 18. I noticed on the wave with the Fenrir, as soon as he spawns he ALWAYS does the move where he throws multiple dart things at you spread out horizontally. At the beginning of this wave just line yourself up against the wall so that the Heavily Armed Cyborg is in the middle of you and the Fenrir. The Fenrirs' dart attack will intantly kill the cyborg. Occasionally it will just stun the cyborg but if that happens you can just Y+B him. One cyborg is easier than two!
Ratpoizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #41
danksch

danksch's Gamercard
I cant believe I just fucked up 18 big time.

Perfect run it was. Killed the two guys in wave 2 almost instantly, they both jumped at me and i PPed them, and luckily my Y+B killed them both at once.

Then, wave 3, the dog happens to stun BOTH hammers one after another, making them easy preys for Y+B...then, I PP the dog almost immediately after those two....damn, I was so excited I made it into wave 5 with almost 6 minutes left...

Then, I failed.

Fuckin' camera freaked out so I couldnt see his incoming melee attack....
danksch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #42
UB3R STYLE

ub3r style's Gamercard
Very nice guide very well thought out and i like the inclusions of the written guide at the bottom
UB3R STYLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 AM   #43
DrakeHighlander

DrakeHighlander's Gamercard
EDIT: I think this should sum up the VR missions quite nicely, in image form:

Last edited by DrakeHighlander; 05-19-2013 at 10:05 AM.
DrakeHighlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 AM   #44
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
An easier run for vr 20 is to go straight and take the left after the ramp, then instead of going right to jump kick up to the guy on the balcony/walkway, ninja run up the ledge on your left. From here immediately turn to move toward the guy that was jump-attacked in the video and ninja run over the empty area to run across some invisible platforms that lead to the same area you end up in the video if you successfully jump kick up to the top level.

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Shiftie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #45
Mason8DF

Glad I could help out.
Mason8DF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #46
ranger0293

Stress Headache's Gamercard
Just wanted to thank the OP for this guide. Been working on these since yesterday. I'm thinking a couple of the last ones are just outside of my skill range though. Thanks again, you're remarkably good at this game.
ranger0293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #47
Lewie B I ReQ

Lewie B I ReQ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
damn these vr missions are rage inducing haha gonna have to take a break and study the videos. great job on the videos and guide btw i apprieciate you putting in the time to help others

credit and thanks to Slaughter for the avatar and sig. check him out if your looking for a signature

Last edited by Lewie B I ReQ; 12-08-2013 at 02:23 AM.
Lewie B I ReQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:47 PM   #48
Khaostactics

Shades of Khaos's Gamercard
Great work

This is fantastic. Thanks!
Khaostactics is offline   Reply With Quote