PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #31
chizrocker88

Chizrocker888's Gamercard
I had one freeze while running around the Port, otherwise no real issues *knocks on wood*
chizrocker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #32
Sylv

The Sylv's Gamercard
I had an issue when replaying Port Royal, it would freeze everytime I got to the first section of beach. I gave up for the night and it worked fine the next day.

I also had it today on Isla De Muerta where I completed the level, had numbers on screen countdown from 4, and then have a black screen with Will Turner on it appear (fully controllable, but kept falling off edges!), when I exited the game, it hadn't saved so I had to replay the level.

I think that's probably it though
Sylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 PM   #33
AbysmalEntity

AbysmalEntity's Gamercard
Yeah my game was constantly freezing and seemed almost determined to do so just before completing a tedius achievement like walking underwater with all characters... Like all lego games then. -.-
AbysmalEntity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:36 PM   #34
Eludingkarma

EludingKarma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Starting this game next week. I hope I make it through with no freezes.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:45 PM   #35
decaying dead

Decaying Dead's Gamercard
Mine froze the first time through the first level, Theres gotta be more to it than a no-cheating code somewhere in the coding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medrus View Post
Which kind of xbox do the freezes occur most on? Could it be a hardware issue?
The first Gen consoles would be the worst, then any of the white consoles (apparently elites had better cooling systems...) haven't heard one way or another about the new models yet.

It's not necessarily about the system, its how you treat it. i had a first Gen console last 3 years, until my new roommate started screwing around with it, then it died within 5 months. Just make sure the ventilation systems arent blocked and have decent room for the air to be able to actually go somewhere. Keeping the power adapter somewhere above the system apparently makes a difference. try to keep all wires away from vent systems. its all about trying to make the system as cold as possible
decaying dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #36
achti

Achti's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
i Havent had any freezes yet. im halfway on my 2nd playthrough. I got it installed on my HDD and cleared cache before i started playing the game. Im also playing it on an elite xbox if that makes any difference

achti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:29 PM   #37
gongon2

skywalkerzero's Gamercard
i got it like 3 times and finally got my games glitched up, unable to buy the red hat!!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:05 AM   #38
SilentReaper

rsx21blac's Gamercard
Talking

Mine froze on Chapter 2: Queen Anne's Revenge, 2 times. I went offline and turned off, Rescue Fall, Regn Hearts. and didnt freeze up. hopefully it helps u
SilentReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:38 AM   #39
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai J View Post
I may be in trouble as well. My game freezes at aprox the same time on Movie 1, level 3. It's towards the end of the level but I've tried 4 times now. Stupid question: where do you go to intall the game to the hard drive? Believe it or not I've never done it before but I'd like to try since this would screw me out of the 100%\100G achievement.
Interesting.. I played the game alot when it first came out, got all but 4 achievements and recently went back to it to finish up.. There was an update to download which I thought was odd.. I've never seen an update for a Lego game before.. My game is doing the same thing.. Movie 1, Black Pearl Attacks.. 4 times now its locked up at the same point late in the level.. It never did this the first time I played through. Could it be due to the update?
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:40 AM   #40
iStyx v

iStyx v's Gamercard
I've never once had freezing issues, a little lag maybe, but no freezes..
iStyx v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #41
jae200

soulstlkr2's Gamercard
Well I ended up getting it to work. I installed it to my hd, didn't clear my cache and turned off all extras except for the minikit finder and was able to play through and finish the level. Unfortunately I think I rushed through that last area and missed a room and 2 minikits.
jae200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 05:53 PM   #42
Huckleberry10mm

CapnMuckinfuch's Gamercard
I'm like 93% finished on this and it locks up about every third or fourth Free Play. It seems to be getting progressively worse as I get closer to the end. Such a sucky bug to have in an otherwise great game. This one really seems to have more hidden locations than the other lego games.
Huckleberry10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #43
Etach

Etach's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by c88 View Post
Mine was locking up every 10 to 15 minutes. I installed it to my HDD and the game operates flawlessly now.
same for me
Etach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #44
caduceus

Caduceus006's Gamercard
We've had it freeze about 3-4 times since we started, we're about 84% through.
caduceus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #45
takuto neko

Send a message via AIM to takuto neko

takuto neko's Gamercard
Mine just froze today on the 1 world 2nd chapter..Was near the part where you get a woman character (didn't see her name) and when it became a little busy with things being killed n such the game just froze. It's not a shock as I've had all my lego games freeze on me but it's just annoying when so far into the level :/

Will just restart tomorrow instead and now do something else.
takuto neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #46
ginge88isfun

Send a message via Skype™ to ginge88isfun

Ginge88isfun's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I keep having crashes on the last level of film 4, the same exact same part as well.

Never had other lego games freeze on me like this one does.
ginge88isfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #47
tanders1

tanders1's Gamercard
The game freezes up on me intermittently. However, this seems to be a common occurrence on all the Lego games I have played on the 360 so far.
tanders1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #48
Zip

I feel lucky...

I feel lucky after reading the posts in this thread. I'm playing this on a five year old console and the game has only been freezing once, when I was about to collect the last minikit on some level.
Zip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #49
shinobigarth

Send a message via Skype™ to shinobigarth

ShinobiGarth's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
i started playing this again after about a year. when i started it downloaded an update and the 1 level it constantly froze on for me, Black Pearl Attack i think (1st movie, where Jack is imprisoned in the Pearl) didnt freeze this time and i was able to collect all Kits and compass things. before every time i got to the last part it froze on the Black Pearl part every single time. so i hope thats a good sign that they finally fixed it.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #50
bpickell

hudder92's Gamercard
I was having freezing problems too, until I figured out what was causing them. When I had all of the stud multipliers on including the doubler it would freeze whenever I was collecting a lot of studs. I didn't have this problem without the doubler. So I turned off all of the multipliers and it hasn't froze on me since, and before I turned them off it froze on me at least a dozen times this morning alone.
bpickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #51
BubbaDudebro

Bubba Dudebro's Gamercard
I've got 18 hours into this game and it only froze once. Not sure what the cause was though. It was fairly early in my playthrough.
BubbaDudebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #52
amuro98

Well, that's the end of that...

I've had freezes on 3 different levels in Free Play. It freezes on the same segment of the level each time. As you might expect, this makes it impossible to complete those levels, let alone the game.

I also had 4 or 5 levels glitch on me during story mode, forcing me to quit and restart those levels.

Yes I've installed the game to the hard drive. Still freezes.

I have a new slim model so that's not it either.

I've played every TT game since their first Star Wars title on the PS2, and have gotten lucky that none of their bugs prevented me from getting 100%, until now. Pretty disappointing, especially since I really wanted to get all the achievements on this title.

It seems TT's games have just gotten sloppier and sloppier.

I don't think I'll be buying Batman2. I'm not the biggest superhero fan, and frankly the thought of banging my head against my desk after a level crashes on me just doesn't sound appealing.

Seriously, Microsoft (and Sony?) need to be a lot more strict with publishers when it comes to game-breaking bugs like this.
amuro98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #53
Buruma

burumanet's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaDudebro View Post
I've got 18 hours into this game and it only froze once. Not sure what the cause was though. It was fairly early in my playthrough.
Same here. The game froze on the hub the first time that I jumped in the water but other than that I have had absolutely no problems with freezing or glitches.

Last edited by Buruma; 08-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Buruma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:35 AM   #54
Apache117

Apache117X's Gamercard
Sick of it.

I have had this issue also, a solution I found that helped a LITTLE was to install the game onto the Xbox. But the freezing still happens from time to time, random and frustrating. My Xbox has an add on fan attached to it as well as it being in a room around the 24 degree mark. There is no 'quick fix' for this issue as it appears to be a game problem. It has made me give up playing LEGO: PotC which is a shame because despite the disgraceful split screen and the freezing the game on the whole is enjoyable, game is now on EBay.

T&T GET YOUR SH*T TOGETHER.

Apache117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:00 PM   #55
Schum182

Schum182's Gamercard
When I started playing I had no problems at all. When I moved my save game from the hdd to cloud saves to play on another xbox the games started to freeze regularly. I didn't make the connection immediately but when I saw somebody posting that his game stopped freezing when he went offline I tried to move my save back to the hdd... and guess what?
No more freezing!
This might not hrlp for everybody but I would give it a try anyway
Schum182 is offline   Reply With Quote