PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Burial at Sea - Part 1
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #1
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Speculation about possible connection *Main Game Spoilers*

I was watching The Patch today (RoosterTeeth's gaming video podcast) and they were speculating as to how Burial at Sea would be connected to Infinite and Bioshock 1. What do you guys think is going to be the connection, if any? Personally, I think that Booker and Elizabeth must be involved in the catastrophe that falls on Rapture somehow. Also, I'm hoping that through a dimensional/timeline sort of thing you find out that Booker is also Andrew Ryan, Fontaine, or Jack. That maybe too much of a stretch though.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:21 AM   #2
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It would be cool if in the Rapture universe, Booker is Fontaine and Elizabeth is Tenenbaum or something. Probably won't happen but interesting thought nonetheless.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 08-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
GeneralCurry726

GeneralCurry726's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post
That's why I started this. After I heard that I was somewhat hoping that he is somehow Andrew Ryan as well. Elizabeth becoming Tenenbaum would be cool too. The art of her with the sister and pistol might be a clue!!
Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
I still wish there was going to be a DLC centered around the Lutece twins...
Old 08-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #6
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCurry726 View Post
That's why I started this. After I heard that I was somewhat hoping that he is somehow Andrew Ryan as well. Elizabeth becoming Tenenbaum would be cool too. The art of her with the sister and pistol might be a clue!!
It kinda seems dull to me. I want another mind fuck please.

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
BiggD
76 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
I still wish there was going to be a DLC centered around the Lutece twins...
Me too Aside from lovely Elizabeth, they were my favorite characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoNiNjAlEoNoX View Post
It kinda seems dull to me. I want another mind fuck please.
I conquer. I'm not sure how exactly I want this DLC to be connected, but if they can connect it to BioShock and BioShock Infinite while still giving that twisted ending/plot, I'll be pleased.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #8
Sophia Hyakato

Sophia Hyakato's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
In the one release screen shot, Elizabeth is wearing the one outfit she wears in Columbia (just with a different hairstyle). Maybe this is our Columbia Elizabeth before the syphon event happened pre-Booker in Columbia (just going off of Elizabeth's comments at the end where she states she has been to Rapture before.

Either way, majorly excited for this DLC. Hopefully, there is a connection. I think there would have to be for this DLC to make sense as a part of the whole (as in part of Bioshock Infinite).
  • Poker Night 2 (345/400g)
  • Final Fantasy XIII (120/1000g)
  • Portal 2 (880/1000g)- Co-op left 5 achievements
Sophia Hyakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 AM   #9
Emperor 95

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperor 95

Emperor 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
it depends when Booker and Elizabeth take their detour there. Rapture was a mess, so it most likely would have been after the events of Bioshock meaning the security lockdown would have been lifted.
Emperor 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #10
SpinelesS

Mr SpinelesS's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
I believe its the Elizabeth from Columbia, but the Booker your playing is native to the rapture universe. When you play Elizabeth in the second Episode you will probably return to Columbia near the end, connecting the two.

The AD on the poster threw me a little, but maybe this Booker has also lost a child...

Being a detective in the rapture universe may have given Noir Booker access to the Bathysphere's (maybe you become part of Ryan's inner circle during the episode...) explaining why Columbia Booker was also able to use them at the end of the game.

Quote:
Well, Booker was able to operate the bathysphere which was only suppose to function for those who had Ryan's DNA, so...
No, the Bathysphere's were only supposed to function for those in Ryan's "Inner Circle" but they were faulty and allowed everyone who was related to anyone in the "inner circle" as is mentioned in the following audio diary:

Quote:
Originally Posted by audio diary
"We're putting all the bathyspheres in lockdown until further notice. Ryan had us install some kinda genetic device into the things so only Ryan and his inner circle will be able to use 'em without dispensation. But the boys tell me the keys are pretty unreliable. Sisters, cousins-anybody in the ballpark, genetically, will be able to come and go as they see fit."
Sander Cohan for example could use the Bathysphere's (how else did he get to Olympic Heights from Fort Frolic if you didn't kill him) and I don't believe he was related to Ryan in any way.

Last edited by SpinelesS; 08-25-2013 at 12:18 PM.
SpinelesS is offline   Reply With Quote