Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 03:45 PM   #61
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
For a minute I thought that I was banned from the general discussion forum. Missed it at first. Looks great now!
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 07-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #62
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
It'll take a little while to get used to, but it's 100x more organized.

I love you, Creech.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
Old 07-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #63
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Maybe the "General Off Topic Discussion Boards" should link you to General Off Topic instead of the hub of other forums?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...lay.php?f=3237

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #64
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Okay, the forums are all moved around. What do you think?
It took about ten seconds to get used to. Looks great!

The only thing I wonder about is if General Entertainment needs to exist at all anymore, it doesn't seem to have too much activity.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:40 PM   #65
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Maybe the "General Off Topic Discussion Boards" should link you to General Off Topic instead of the hub of other forums?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...lay.php?f=3237
Valid point. I put all the other Off Topic boards under General Off Topic and renamed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
It took about ten seconds to get used to. Looks great!

The only thing I wonder about is if General Entertainment needs to exist at all anymore, it doesn't seem to have too much activity.
I dropped it to the bottom, and at first glance you are correct, not a lot of activity. I suppose I could go through and move the most recent 100 threads or so to the main off topic forum and delete the rest? Nobody's post count will be affected since it is all off topic anyway. Comments?

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:43 PM   #66
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Valid point. I put all the other Off Topic boards under General Off Topic and renamed it.
Welp. Off-topic is going to be quiet for a few days since people won't know where to find it.

Are you able to put bulletin announcements at the tippity-top of the forum header in vBulletin? You know, a box above the UserCP-FAQ-etc bar for announcements. Then link to this thread?
Old 07-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #67
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
Welp. Off-topic is going to be quiet for a few days since people won't know where to find it.
Tis a good thing.
Old 07-25-2013, 05:53 PM   #68
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
Tis a good thing.
chill out guys im just trying to get 5 posts
Old 07-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #69
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
chill out guys im just trying to get 5 posts
bahahahahahaha!

Old 07-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #70
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Quote:

I dropped it to the bottom, and at first glance you are correct, not a lot of activity. I suppose I could go through and move the most recent 100 threads or so to the main off topic forum and delete the rest? Nobody's post count will be affected since it is all off topic anyway. Comments?
Alright cool.

I'd leave it the way it is now. Both personal preference and it's nice to be able to go to one spot that's centralized around one discussion.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:18 PM   #71
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
do it...no one will care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #72
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
I hate change, damn you Creech even if it does look better!

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Old 07-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #73
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Me too... I don't know where to find anything now. I'm LOST!!! let me just get out my trusty forum comp....

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

"Hit it"
Old 07-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #74
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Me too... I don't know where to find anything now. I'm LOST!!! let me just get out my trusty forum comp....

DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Me too. I don't really mind change all that much, but this is pretty confusing. Some stuff is obvious, but overall I'm somewhat lost here. I'll reserve judgement on the new layout for now...
Old 07-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #75
Foxxy kyle

RemoveObama96's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
It's for sure more organized. It will take me some time to get used to though.
Old 07-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #76
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFkraut View Post
Me too. I don't really mind change all that much, but this is pretty confusing. Some stuff is obvious, but overall I'm somewhat lost here. I'll reserve judgement on the new layout for now...
Yep but like any construction, just need to find my way to the bar through a detour.

"Hit it"
Old 07-25-2013, 08:08 PM   #77
Kimberly cx

Send a message via Yahoo to Kimberly cx Send a message via Skype™ to Kimberly cx

Kimberly cx's Gamercard
Nothing wrong with changes and improvements. c:
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 AM   #78
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I like it. There are some things that I couldn't sometimes find before (like Community Gaming) that are now easy to find. My only small problem with it is that we don't get to see as many last posts since the Discussion Board has been lumped together. Most of my posts in the XB1 forum are from when I see a thread there with an interesting title.

Last edited by Jardinho; 07-26-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #79
EndearmentRSxb1

EndearmentRS's Gamercard
Domain name

Couldn't you technically just keep the current domain name but have another one like Xboxoneachievements.org be a redirectory? Or viceverca or something? That way, either way people will end up in the same place ;o
Old 07-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #80
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndearmentRSxb1 View Post
Couldn't you technically just keep the current domain name but have another one like Xboxoneachievements.org be a redirectory? Or viceverca or something? That way, either way people will end up in the same place ;o
We actually 10 or so addresses that redirect to xbox360achievements.org currently, so it is safe to say we will do something like that with the new URL as well.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #81
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I was so confused about the organization at first, but I like it. Everything is way better organized now.

credits to DEG23
Old 07-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #82
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
We actually 10 or so addresses that redirect to xbox360achievements.org currently, so it is safe to say we will do something like that with the new URL as well.
is exbox360acheevmints.org one of them? Ya know.. to compensate for typos

(^Literally the coolest part of SWTOR)
Old 07-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #83
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
is exbox360acheevmints.org one of them? Ya know.. to compensate for typos
How about Minty.org? XD

Old 07-28-2013, 11:46 PM   #84
troy0891

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
How about Minty.org? XD
who now?? ;p
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
Old 08-18-2013, 11:09 PM   #85
DattBoiiColton

DattBoiiColton's Gamercard
Nice work keep it up
Closed Thread