PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
GTA V Digital Realease Day 1?

I've been looking for some evidence whether or not it's happening or not. I just recently was playing some GOW3 on my original 360 and it stopped with an error saying disc unreadable while I was playing and I had just repaired my system myself a few months earlier and that's never happened before. I've repaired my xbox multiple times and it has finally given out on me. So with this amazing game on the way and my finacials screwed I was hoping for a day one release digital since that's the only way I can play it now. If you have any news on this I would really appreciate it thanks guys!
Master Peezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
UberPirateNinja

UberPirateNinja's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Can't see that happening, I don't recall a retail game getting a digital version on the same day as the physical game hit stores, but I believe Payday 2 is coming to the Marketplace alongside the disc version, so I could be wrong.

I think if it was happening, you'd have already heard about it by now.
UberPirateNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
Can't see that happening, I don't recall a retail game getting a digital version on the same day as the physical game hit stores, but I believe Payday 2 is coming to the Marketplace alongside the disc version, so I could be wrong.

I think if it was happening, you'd have already heard about it by now.
Ah well thanks for the reply hopefully I can find a way around this.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I am under the impression that there will be games available on Xbox LIVE the same day it becomes available at retail. Just not sure if this will apply to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One. Hopefully the former.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
UberPirateNinja

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
I am under the impression that there will be games available on Xbox LIVE the same day it becomes available at retail. Just not sure if this will apply to the Xbox 360 or Xbox One. Hopefully the former.
Pretty sure I recall from the original Xbox One announcement games would release digitally at the same time as physically on the new console. Not sure if that was changed following the 24hr sign into live turnaround tho. I hope this is still the same, as I purposely haven't pre-ordered any games as I wanted to try and stay digital (mainly because I'm lazy and want the ease of not swapping discs).
Old 08-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #6
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post
Yes me as well. I hope it will start now on xbox 360 but I doubt it will. It would seriously help me out tho.
Old 08-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #7
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberPirateNinja View Post
Pretty sure I recall from the original Xbox One announcement games would release digitally at the same time as physically on the new console. Not sure if that was changed following the 24hr sign into live turnaround tho. I hope this is still the same, as I purposely haven't pre-ordered any games as I wanted to try and stay digital (mainly because I'm lazy and want the ease of not swapping discs).
I hope it will remain the same because no disc is less stress on the hardware and more efficient than swapping disc everytime you want to play another game and since comfortability is what they're preaching for x1 that should be a necessity.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
While I can't answer the OP's question, as nothing has been officially announced, I'm still curious how they are going to handle pre-order bonuses in regards to digital copies. When it comes to the One I would prefer to download all of my games, but I'm hesitant to do so when all of these games has some form of DLC that I will receive if I pre-order it.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Wasn't the Day-1 digital release one of the features of the XBone?
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
OceanH

Ocean H's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
While I can't answer the OP's question, as nothing has been officially announced, I'm still curious how they are going to handle pre-order bonuses in regards to digital copies. When it comes to the One I would prefer to download all of my games, but I'm hesitant to do so when all of these games has some form of DLC that I will receive if I pre-order it.
The same way Steam and PlayStation do it on their Day 1 digital releases.
Old 08-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #11
REHJR1974

REHJR1974's Gamercard
i wish it was available as digital download on day one. i woulda purchased that on my xbox. still got 177 gigabytes left outta 250.
REHJR1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #12
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
While it would be nice, I have my Collector's Edition paid off, and I would rather pick it up at midnight than wait until they update XBL and put it on as a digital download the day of release.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #13
UberPirateNinja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanH View Post
The same way Steam and PlayStation do it on their Day 1 digital releases.
Which is how? I don't have either of those, so have zero clue about them.
Old 08-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #14
smokevf

lxEPiCxBEASTxl's Gamercard
If microsoft were smart they would release this as GOD...aka games on demand... the day its out. This game is already going to sell like call of duty. Make even more money by putting it on god games.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #15
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

I want a GoD Copy too.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:12 AM   #16
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
I really wish they would. I mean as much as this game will be played it'll be less stress on our consoles lol.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #17
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokevf View Post
If microsoft were smart they would release this as GOD...aka games on demand... the day its out. This game is already going to sell like call of duty. Make even more money by putting it on god games.
Sony is doing it, but that may be an exclusive deal between them and Rockstar. It also includes pre-order bonuses, which may be a good sign of things to come.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:25 AM   #18
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswir...n-network.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar
For those asking about digital pre-orders on Xbox LIVE, the Xbox 360 Games on Demand service does not offer the ability to pre-order games or make them available on launch day. That being said, we will be making GTAV available via Games on Demand as soon as it's technically feasible and permitted by Microsoft.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #19
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The PS3 will be getting a day one release, as you can pre-order it now and receive the same bonuses as when you pre-order the physical copy. You also receive a 75% off voucher for any Rockstar title.

Xbox won't be getting a day one release, as Rockstar has said that Microsoft do not allow pre-orders of digital content, and the game will be made available as soon as Microsoft puts it up.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

EDIT2, days later: Holy fuck, how many errors did I make?!

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 08-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #20
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
Sigh... I support Microsoft but their policies really hinder some seriously important gaming experiences. I don't own a ps3 only because I don't care for tge controller or servers. I hope this is definitely changing on the X1 because I prefer consiles but if im restricted once more on the New Gen i'll just go grab a PC instead. Sorry for the off topic but it's annoying when you support a console for so long and they restrict your experience like a child.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:39 PM   #21
StillTIPPIN187

The Sobriety's Gamercard

MS has some of the dumbest policies..

I understand that that they may not be able to offer pre orders of the game like Sony does with the PS3..

But they can surely up the game to their servers and have it available on launch day for everyone to buy who wants a digital copy..
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #22
Master Peezy

xfycx peezy's Gamercard
Yes they should and I kniw they're more than capable of doing that. But I doubt that they will. Well guess im screwed then!