PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Community Gaming
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #1
Grifter Reborn
Community & Events Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Game of the Week: September 2-8 (Grand Theft Auto IV)

With all of the excitement surrounding the release of GTA V this month, we thought 'wonder if anyone would enjoy one last chance to play GTA IV?' So hey, why the hell not? Voila! The game of the week for September 2nd - 8th is GTA IV. See how thoughtful we are? Feel free to post your eternal gratitude below.

If you are interested in playing with x360a members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own x360a room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

^Click my Sig to enjoy this incredible tournament!^

Special thanks to Rajeanero for making the VGO images!

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 08-20-2013 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Link
Old 08-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
The multiplayer for this game is nuts. This is going to be fun.

Friend requests without messages will be ignored!
Old 08-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #3
alpha17

alpha613's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Remember guys when this comes up and we start playing make sure to be genetically superior, and stay alpha. Make Brucie proud
Old 08-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #4
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Very nice. I'm sure this will descend into a free-roam-free-for-all.
Old 08-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #5
Corrupt.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 34 (more» ...)
One last chance? Pssh, I still have so much do do in GTA IV. I will be holding at least one session, I'll let you know when nearer the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
I'm 50 shades of retarded
Old 08-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'll be around for this, probably towards the end of the week.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #7
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
I'll be jumping in with this one. Chances are I'll be hosting some games, mostly at night.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
Monty111

MontyTP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Will anyone be hosting a session on the PC seen as the PC version has achievements?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #9
AOS Puck

AOS Puck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   2,500 Posts   Staff/Subscriber Last Man Standing - Third Place   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   XBA Promoter   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I might host a room for people looking to go for the Fly the Co-op achievement. Its been so long since I touched the game I need to practice my helicopter piloting. lol

Read them.... apply them.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:04 PM   #10
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   Subscriber - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty111 View Post
Will anyone be hosting a session on the PC seen as the PC version has achievements?
I can if the interest is there.

I found the online free roam to be boring as hell, and the only gamemodes I liked were racing, so I'm really only looking to get achievements. Fly the co-op included, though my abilities in this game are disastrous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 08-24-2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #11
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff - Community and Events Team   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOS Puck View Post
I might host a room for people looking to go for the Fly the Co-op achievement. Its been so long since I touched the game I need to practice my helicopter piloting. lol
I'd like to try that as well. I still need that achievement.

Old 08-24-2013, 12:23 PM   #12
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
I can if the interest is there.

I found the online free roam to be boring as hell, and the only gamemodes I liked were racing, so I'm really only looking to get achievements. Fly the co-op included, though my abilities in this game are disastrous.
Agreed re the free roam. The racing was fun, although grinding out the achievements took forever and a day. I never bothered on the xbox, but this might be a good week to start it up.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #13
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Sorry but I refuse, played way too much of this game thus far. But a perfect timing for anyone wanting to get some last minute experience in before V.

**Work of Jardinho**
Old 08-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #14
psydoll

dymagate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
I'd like to try that as well. I still need that achievement.
Me three, the quality and purpose of my assigned team has been massively variable. I guess that's the 'random' part of the matchmaking of course
Old 08-24-2013, 09:03 PM   #15
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Quote:
Would be a great opportunity to get it done. I'd have to watch some videos on how to do the missions. Completely forgot the techniques.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
I've barely touched this game at all. I'll host some games and am willing to grind out whatever people need, including for myself. Should be fun for the random shenanigans.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #17
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff - Community and Events Team   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
I'm off work on Monday (when this event starts) and I should be on most of the day, so let me know if anyone would like to play then.

Old 09-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
amacteur
Flying bird

Send a message via Skype™ to amacteur

amacteur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - amacteur   Staff - Graphics Team   Community Gaming - Silver   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   GRID 2 Award   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
I've not touched this game for like 4 years but I'd be glad to get Fly the Co-op cheevo (+ free roam too)

2013, a year in the sky: Roll on 2014!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase GRID 2 Award   Staff - Guide Team   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Community Gaming - Gold   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Ill be on most of the week for you lot to see how shit i am on another game

Quote:
Old 09-02-2013, 12:14 AM   #20
PrimorialPrime

PrimorialPrime's Gamercard
Hope there's a good amount of us there. The more the merrier!
Old 09-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #21
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
I'm off work on Monday (when this event starts) and I should be on most of the day, so let me know if anyone would like to play then.
I'll probably message you then.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

I'm currently on right now and most likely will be on and off throughtout the day today. Just shoot me a message if interested in a game if I'm on or not. For the rest of the week I'll be on most evenings due to work.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:16 PM   #23
Grifter Reborn

I'm on XBL right now if anyone wants to play. Message me on Live.

Edit:
I'm offline now for a couple of hours, then I'll be back.
Had fun with tigersrule and I Natrlkilla I.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 09-02-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #24
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Community Gaming - Silver   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I will hopefully be on tomorrow.
I'd show my primary life-taking asset, but I don't think I can post dildos here.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #25
Grifter Reborn

About to sign into XBL again for a couple more hours. Message me on Live if you'd like to play.

Edit:
Offline now. Had a great time with Natrlkilla, tigersrule, Ham Woopan, Yannie Boy, and Koopakilla64.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 09-03-2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: offline
Old 09-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #26

M317's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Bomberman Tournament Runner-Up
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
I'm in GT: M317

Free Downloads on Canadian Xbox Live Marketplace List - Updated September 25th, 2010

Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM   #27
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

I'll be on later (9pm GMT+)

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - Madhatters13
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
I'll be on for the next hour or so. Send me a msg if you want to jump in

EDIT: Maybe next time

Last edited by DEG23; 09-03-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:42 PM   #29
Corrupt.

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

ill be on sometime in the next couple of hours. Send me a message or invite if you want to have some freeroam fun or whatever...

Quote:
Old 09-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #30
Inebriated Jedi
Sith Happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
ill be on sometime in the next couple of hours. Send me a message or invite if you want to have some freeroam fun or whatever...
Will you be online tomorrow? I want to try and do something then. I'm a little busy at the moment.

Closed Thread