PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Defiance > Castithan Charge Pack
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Tips on how to beat the last arena?

I can't do it. I've tried everything I could think of, but I can never keep a combo going or kill them fast enough to get enough points for bronze, never mind Silver!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:14 AM   #2
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
It is pretty tough. I've only tried twice though
Old 08-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #3
RPG Master

RPG Master 1985's Gamercard
Something that might be worth trying (I know this is what finally got one of my golds by dumb luck) is to consider going for the gold skitterlings. 300 points each even without a multiplier, so with one they can make a BIG difference in a hurry. I've had attempts where I got a higher medal by a random grenade toss that took one out that I didn't even see. My gold in arena 3 came as a result of killing one with a 10x multiplier for example. Normally wouldn't advise it, but if nothing else is working for you... Good luck.

RPG Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #4
StatikFoBia

StatikFoBia's Gamercard
I was able to get gold on the first 4 all on my first tries, but I agree, this last one is like seemingly impossible. I think I can agree with you there Rpg master, going for the gold skitterlings does seem like a good point boost. perhaps get a multiplier and killing one of them is your best bet.

[Edit] Also, the LMG that comes with the new DLC is what I have used for the arenas. Seems to me it worked well.

Mass Effect

Mira: It looks like you are trying to restore this facility. Would you like some help?
Commander Shepard: Oh crap, a pop-up.

Last edited by StatikFoBia; 08-23-2013 at 04:08 AM.
StatikFoBia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:19 AM   #5
littlejay

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatikFoBia View Post
I was able to get gold on the first 4 all on my first tries, but I agree, this last one is like seemingly impossible. I think I can agree with you there Rpg master, going for the gold skitterlings does seem like a good point boost. perhaps get a multiplier and killing one of them is your best bet.

[Edit] Also, the LMG that comes with the new DLC is what I have used for the arenas. Seems to me it worked well.
The dlc comes with a pistol, sniper, and shotgun. I don't know what you got an LMG from but it wasn't a freebie from the dlc.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #6
StatikFoBia

StatikFoBia's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
The dlc comes with a pistol, sniper, and shotgun. I don't know what you got an LMG from but it wasn't a freebie from the dlc.

Hmmm. haha, I have no idea then. I only assumed because it was in my claim items which wasnt there before the dlc... but you know what they say. If you assume, it only makes and ass out of you and me.

Mass Effect

Mira: It looks like you are trying to restore this facility. Would you like some help?

Last edited by StatikFoBia; 08-23-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:55 AM   #7
uhKillswitch

uhkillswitch's Gamercard
As I already posted in the other thread I was using this setup:

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ips-and-tricks

The bugs spawned by the Invader helped me get the combo going.
Good luck to everyone trying!
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 AM   #8
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Well I beat it. I got bronze but somehow it let me pass the mission even though I needed at least a silver. I will try that guide to get gold though.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #9
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I only had 4,500 points or so by the time I finished, but if you make it all the way through without dying you get a 2,000 point bonus which will net you gold if you have over 4k by the end.

I did a strange strategy honestly. Since the enemies are kinda scattered and don't chase you down, I stood up on one of the floating middle platforms. This made me a sitting duck and I got shot a lot, but as long as you acquire targets FAST and have a syphon proc on an FRC Heavy Assault Carbine you'll be proccing enough to stay alive. This method takes serious quick aiming and target switching to proc enough to stay alive, but it allowed me to keep my multiplier going enough to get my gold on the 3rd attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:07 AM   #10
littlejay

The invader is not a suggestion. It's pretty much a free pass for getting gold on the last one. Get it from the echelon vendor for 100 reg asap!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #11
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
The invader is not a suggestion. It's pretty much a free pass for getting gold on the last one. Get it from the echelon vendor for 100 reg asap!
i tried it with the invader but im getting nowhere, what's the tactic for using it, the smaller enemies or the larger ones?
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #12
StatikFoBia

StatikFoBia's Gamercard
One weapon I've used is the VBI-3 Canker infector. I usually get around 13 to 1400 points in the first wave.

Mass Effect

Old 08-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #13
Blueballs88

Burburnator88's Gamercard
I used an orange immunizer to slow down enemies and get the bugs to spawn. I wasn't happy with the Canker's reload or fire rate so I switched it out for the immunizer and everything was smooth sailing from there. Also had an assault rifle and overcharge as my power and most key survival perks on as well as the perk that reduces the recharge of your self revive. That perk alone let me get up four times when I was down and saved me so much on the last arena. I'm done with the dlc now but if there is anything people want to know more about, let me know.
Blueballs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #14
Lucent Beam

Send a message via AIM to Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Oh my gosh. 5 points away. You have to be kidding me. And then it froze when I "beat" it, so if there was a cutscene at the end of that last arena, I missed it. Awwwwesome.
Old 08-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #15
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
Oh my gosh. 5 points away. You have to be kidding me. And then it froze when I "beat" it, so if there was a cutscene at the end of that last arena, I missed it. Awwwwesome.
There actually is a cutscene, just a short one though. Sets the stage for the Thorn maybe coming back. Did you get the mask at least?
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!   Donator - Level 1
Hmm, I don't know if I did, actually. Would it automatically be in my outfits? I assume I did because when I logged back in, it gave me the charge blade at least. Not sure if there were any other rewards I was supposed to get.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
RadiantViper

radiantviper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucent Beam View Post
Hmm, I don't know if I did, actually. Would it automatically be in my outfits? I assume I did because when I logged back in, it gave me the charge blade at least. Not sure if there were any other rewards I was supposed to get.
Yeah it would be, I would check. It's called "Fenrik's Mask".
RadiantViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:40 PM   #18
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
got my last arena done this morning, i had already missed out by 150 points, i then got a message about the server being down for fixing for a bit, so i waited 30 mins then went back on and in the 1st round there were loads of enemies for some reason and i got 2000 points on that one alone, i could have done it in 1 round as i spotted a gold bug while i was on 10X multiplier but a bloody sniper hit me and knocked me off the platform so i missed out and had to carry on the rounds, the snipers were the most of the problem for me.

got to round 5 and 4090 points with 30 seconds to go and i had been downed once already so it was benny hill time around the map for 30 seconds.

the relief for beating that map on gold i cannot describe in words.

EDIT: which is the best arena to kill the gold bugs? i still need 12 more.

EDIT: got them now, i did arena 2 which is called rizi liro.

Last edited by jpg30; 08-25-2013 at 04:31 PM.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:58 AM   #19
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Best arena foe gold bugs is the scrapper one. You can get a gold bug within one minute of the first round starting, then just die and restart. It always spawns in the same place when the announcer says reinforcements and always takes the same path. I did my last 10 gold bugs in like 7 minutes that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Don't take away our ability to test drive the cheese!
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
Lucent Beam

Lucent Beam's Gamercard

Thanks for the tip about using the scrapper one for the gold bugs. It's quite fast and if you feel like waiting for the second, you can get two per round in the same spot. The best place to set is by turning around from the start point and going to the outer circle and waiting on the right, looking toward the left at the bottleneck from the debris. Throw a biogrenade when the 1st comes after the announcer and a second at 0:22 seconds left. (Haha and I just got silver on the first round of that one!)

And an aside: SAME THING for me on the verifying thing. IT's driving me crazy. Sometimes it takes like 30 minutes before I am "reverified".

Last edited by Lucent Beam; 08-31-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Lucent Beam is offline   Reply With Quote