PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Japanese Games (NTSC-J) > Shooter > Earth Defense Force 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 07-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Hayabusa66

Hayabusa66's Gamercard
OK here is whats awsome ...

There are 4 Classes now :

Ranger / Wing Diver ( Pale Wing ) / Air Raider and Fencer.
All Classes start with slightly different Hitponits.
The Fencer is a heavy armored Guy with 4 Slots for Weapos !!

Gameplay has not changed compared to 2017 ( thx God )
The other classes appear all the time in the game and i have the overall impression the your AI buddys are of much more use than before. And they dont die from friendly fire as fast as in 2017.

You now have a manual reload button what can come in very handy .

Armor and Weapon drops are no longer Bitmaps but the cool 8Bit sound when picking them up is still there. They have phisics so they drop on the ground and are not stuck somewhere impossible to reach.

The Levels still are finished with the last Enemy so what you did not pick up is lost.

You dont get 1 HP for each armor drop at least not as the Ranger Class i am playing right now. There is a strange option to remove or add the HP you gained but the sense is not really clear. You cant give the earned Hitpoints to another class... maybe this is for MP local or online.

Graphics have been improved a lot. The jump and evade animation does not look totally silly anymore. Buildings have different phases of destruction what looks really cool.

Most important the overwhelming amount of Enemies is back, something i really missed in IA. Total Chaos everywhere !!! Some minor framerate issues at least on the PS3 version i am playing right now. Lets see how this will be in the XB360 Version. But compared to 2017 much better. Lots of new Enemies and Old Friends

A WET DEARM FOR ALL EDF FANS so far after the first 30 Levels.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
I'm playing it for about 2 days now... it is the best of the series so far, the graphics are much better and realistic than the previous one (2017), and the gameplay that was somewhat robotic, it's much fluid and responsive.

It is a sad thing that this game isn't known by many gamers.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #3
L0cke89

Send a message via ICQ to L0cke89 Send a message via MSN to L0cke89

L0cke89's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
PLayed the first ten levels als the Ranger. Best game in the series by far. All the charme from the old games remained while also improving on everything the game has to offer. I really like that ants can now grab you, which makes close combat even more dangerous. Or that the new spiders not only hurt you with their spunk but also pull you towards them.

As for the difference in armor stacking. I don't really know what you mean. After a mission I can only press A to come back to the menu. I also don't see any option that mentions this. For me it works as it always has :/

Does anyone know how many levels there are? I mean regardless of the number it will take a fucktown of time to complete everything 16 times.

1st on x360a to 200/200 Bastion and 400/400 THPS:HD
L0cke89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
Born Apophis

Born Knight 74's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0cke89 View Post
PLayed the first ten levels als the Ranger. Best game in the series by far. All the charme from the old games remained while also improving on everything the game has to offer. I really like that ants can now grab you, which makes close combat even more dangerous. Or that the new spiders not only hurt you with their spunk but also pull you towards them.

As for the difference in armor stacking. I don't really know what you mean. After a mission I can only press A to come back to the menu. I also don't see any option that mentions this. For me it works as it always has :/

Does anyone know how many levels there are? I mean regardless of the number it will take a fucktown of time to complete everything 16 times.
There is a statistic in japanese, I may be wrong, but it increases 1% at every mission, so it seems that the game have 99 Missions.
Born Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
phiona

the game offers 85 stages in total.

The wing diver girl gets 1/5 of armor you collect so she will need a lot of hp boosting.

so far the game is brilliant, only complaint would be the assumption that you have to play 4 player coop or six player coop to beat a few levels on inferno.
my brother and i managed to beat 30 stages on inferno in split screen coop (wing diver 1100 HP and ranger 2300 HP) but it seems that we cant beat all, even with much HP.

I can second that it feels like 2017, just this time around with the use of "havok" physics, it feels a bit slower like IA, like it was mentioned drops bounce around a lot, and you will often ragdoll, which is good and bad.

It still has massive slowdowns and froze a few times, and i thought Global defence force for the ps2 was worse at times, no problem for me though.
Also the spiderwebs will go through walls, it varies sometimes.

you can drain HP points to show how awesome you are on higher difficulties with lower HP, thats it.

these new spiders however are not well developed as they grab you through the whole map, not much fun.

But still, it looks great, i wouldnt mind leaving fencer and air raider out as classes, i just hope you are not forced to play 4 player coop. Not that it cant be fun to play with friends, it is good for you who enjoy it while i still prefer split screen coop.

hopefully onlineplay wont suffer from these massive slowdowns and freezes.
phiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:23 AM   #6
DeathConvoy

SilverConvoy's Gamercard
The HP limit is like the "handicap" in Global Defense Force on PS2, its there for more of a challenge, thats it. If you didnt happen to catch that game, once you beat all (71) stages on all difficulties, you would unlock "Impossible" difficulty... about the same as Inferno but with a 200 HP limit. No, I never finished more that a couple of stages on this difficulty...........
Old 08-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #7
a_correa4

acedawg4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Love the series and this game best of all. They stay true to the original with many improvements. Love the variety of guns/levels.
Very rare moment to be happy to grind out a game......lol
Remember to plug in a guest as you play to double up on armor/lv completed by using a different class that remains idle