PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Sleeping Dogs
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #31
bigbear2face

bigbear XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowchild1398 View Post
i was getting pretty frustrated with this gambler challenge and so i tested a theory while playing mahjong last night and these are the results:

- bet the max amount of money ($5000)
- play the game
- if you have the better hand then let the game finish
- if the computer has the better hand then cancel out of the game by hitt the "B" button and selecting "Yes" when it asks you if you're sure (you need to be quick as there's not much time to do this)

the upside to this strategy is that your net gambling performance stat will never decrease if this is done correctly.

the downside is that you will still lose the money that you bet when you cancel out of the game.

this is the fastest way to do this challenge and will help you towards getting the "Solid Silver" and "Pure Gold" achievements. if anyone else can find a better and faster way to do this challenge then please let us know.

Not the fastest way. The absolute most you can win in any one hand of Mahjong is 20,000 (25K for 5 of a kind - 5000 buy in). Even if you win virtually every hand you will be making about 5K to 10K most hands.

The fastest way is to start betting on cockfighting after you have the Kennedy house. Save before you bet. Bet 100,000. If you win save again. If you lose, bet one more time and reload your save if you lose that. You will load in the Kennedy house which is an extremely short drive from the cockfighting ring.

As long as your coin flip luck isn't extremely terrible it won't take long to get to 1 million in winnings.

OT: I'm not sure your guide actually works. I think that the people that are having success with it are just getting lucky. I started paying attention to breeds to figure out a system and noticed over time in my game that no matter what the match-up everything evens out to 50/50 even when accounting for wins/losses. For instance: I saw Jersey Giants and Brahamas fight 20 times and the Brahama won 12 of those (each time their win totals were within 1 of each other). Your guide suggests the Giant should have won most of them.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130, Tom, Jack Frost and Pender
Thanks to Dante for the avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #32
JackBravo69

JackBravo69's Gamercard
Wow this helped me out alot on the ps3. I went from -31000 to the million in a few minutes! Thank you so much dude! This was driving me crazy!

JackBravo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #33
PromoteViolence

PromoteViolence's Gamercard
I've had birds with several more wins, AND being the class that is, according to this guide, supposed to win, and they still lost. I say just bet on whatever bird you like better, based on whatever factors you want, and hope for the best. If you lose, reload, if you win then save. Someone mentioned waiting for the Kennedy safe house to try this; that's the best piece of advice I got from this. I was just cabbing it before.
PromoteViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #34
TruTrini4LIFE

trutrini4l1f3's Gamercard
Thumbs up

I just wanted to say thanks...because using your formular... I won 13 times in a row....that's amazing
TruTrini4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #35
jelock

Jelock's Gamercard
following this didn't work for me, actually going solely by this I had a pretty bad losing streak.

In the end I mixed this with betting on the underdog strategy.

I would see which of the 2 chickens should win according to this list but only bet if the difference in wins was more than 3. Won about 90% of the time. Just saved after each fight and relaxed if needed.
jelock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:45 AM   #36
BSH 1975

BSH 1975's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thanks for the info

BSH 1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #37
damtalldylan

damtalldylan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbear2face View Post
Not the fastest way. The absolute most you can win in any one hand of Mahjong is 20,000 (25K for 5 of a kind - 5000 buy in). Even if you win virtually every hand you will be making about 5K to 10K most hands.

The fastest way is to start betting on cockfighting after you have the Kennedy house. Save before you bet. Bet 100,000. If you win save again. If you lose, bet one more time and reload your save if you lose that. You will load in the Kennedy house which is an extremely short drive from the cockfighting ring.

As long as your coin flip luck isn't extremely terrible it won't take long to get to 1 million in winnings.

OT: I'm not sure your guide actually works. I think that the people that are having success with it are just getting lucky. I started paying attention to breeds to figure out a system and noticed over time in my game that no matter what the match-up everything evens out to 50/50 even when accounting for wins/losses. For instance: I saw Jersey Giants and Brahamas fight 20 times and the Brahama won 12 of those (each time their win totals were within 1 of each other). Your guide suggests the Giant should have won most of them.
I used your load/save strategy and it worked great. I chose the rooster with the most wins and it won most of the time, OP's guide is complete nonsense.
R.I.P Xbox #1 10/1/08 (Cause of death: E 74)
R.I.P Xbox #2 8/30/9 (Cause of death: Faulty Disk drive)
Xbox #3 Retired 6/27/11 (Sold)
Xbox #4 (Slim) Alive

128th RANKED in MASSACHUSETTS

eBay auctions HERE
damtalldylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:26 AM   #38
Dragon BLaZe o

BAD VII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by themikewoo View Post
I am trying to figure the strategy as well so I color coded your guide but found some interesting results.

Check my thread that I made.
Click here.

Breeds
Croad Langshan
Jersey Giant
Rhode Island Leghorn
Buckeye Brahma

Langshan beats Giant but loses to Leghorn and Brahma

Giant beats Brahama and Leghorn but loses to Langshan

Leghorn beats Langshan but loses to Giant

Brahma beats Leghorn and Langshan but loses to Giant
I will defnitely try this out when I get my copy today. Thanks for this!
Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
Nutty Scouser

Nutty Scouser's Gamercard
Guys......

Just wanted to say the methods above are hit and miss, but ive just done a way with 10 wins on the bounce, all i did was look for the 6-0 and bet on the under dog, go in come out till you get a 6-0...... 10 wins in a row hope this helps....
Nutty Scouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:52 PM   #40
graemelunn

kotor legend's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Gamer Score League, MVP, Season 3   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Not the newest thread but thought I'd share how I just did this. Use the Kennedy Docks Cockfighting as already stipulated. Keep going into the fight, and wait for the White Cock to be called Chow Tai. Bet on this rooster everytime - I went 7-0 saving after each fight and had to reload twice for my remaining 3 wins.

Not a perfect strategy but as close to as I could work out, and hey - it worked for me
Old 01-01-2014, 09:32 PM   #41
MisterP

Most40's Gamercard
Hopefully some of these tips help me out.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:55 AM   #42
staindsoul413

StaindSoul413's Gamercard
Thank you for this! I had to save up a lot of money to try and get the $50k achievement and still haven't gotten it. I'm definitely going to give this a try!

Last edited by staindsoul413; 01-08-2014 at 08:43 AM.
staindsoul413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:53 AM   #43
QueenFragger000

GoingPostal000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I ended up trying all of this and none of it worked. I had no idea that the money you lost counted against you prior to losing it, so ended up losing about 300K. So I gave up on the cock fighting and ended up playing about 50,000 games of mahjong. Had to make 1.3 mil, basically. What a damn nightmare. If I never see a game of mahjong again, it will be too soon.

Road to Seriously 3.0: 30/65 Onyx medals

RIP QueenFragger000 account with 25,000 gamerscore points.

QueenFragger000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:10 AM   #44
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenFragger000 View Post
I ended up trying all of this and none of it worked. I had no idea that the money you lost counted against you prior to losing it, so ended up losing about 300K. So I gave up on the cock fighting and ended up playing about 50,000 games of mahjong. Had to make 1.3 mil, basically. What a damn nightmare. If I never see a game of mahjong again, it will be too soon.
No offence to the OP, but the guide is a load of bunk. The fights are completely random.

Do what I did: go to the cockfights in Kennedy Town and save before making a bet. Pick a cock and stick with it. I heard if you go black, you never go back. If you win, save again; if you don't, reload and you'll spawn at your pad in Kennedy Town, which isn't far from the cockfights (couple seconds drive).

Btw, the game isn't mahjong, but poker mahjong, i.e. poker using mahjong tiles. Mahjong is a completely different game, where the objective is to make as much of a racket as possible, as far as I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:19 AM   #45
Proclaimer001

Proclaimer001's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by themikewoo View Post
Leghorn vs Langshan
55%-----------45%
This was the most common fight for me. Langshan beat Leghorn a majority of the time but it seemed like whichever I chose was going to lose. This achievement took a while.
Old 01-09-2014, 02:13 AM   #46
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimer001 View Post
...but it seemed like whichever I chose was going to lose.
Yeah, that happens. Sod's law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proclaimer001 View Post
This achievement took a while.
For winning $50k? I guess I was lucky getting it on my first try. Now, winning a million for the gold challenge, that took a while; about an hour to be a bit more precise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #47
TheRealRedX

Say Goodbye Sir's Gamercard
yeah this really doesn't help much :/

(Thanks Raj! For The Epic Sig!)

Want a Sig Request One In My Thread
TheRealRedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:16 PM   #48
General Rebel

General Rebel's Gamercard
Cool Random COCKS

Like the title states - RANDOM -

I appreciate when someone makes a guide, but I must agree with so many others, this is random.

I have made several million off the cockfighting, & the only thing that seems to work is betting on the Underdog! LOL, but that isn't certain.
Sometimes I start betting & lose them all, other times I win more.

Need I say it again? RANDOM & LUCK only

My Gamertag IS General Rebel

General Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 06:08 PM   #49
edreed2o

edreed2o's Gamercard
I decided to go with this theory and I would say it worked. It was going win, loss, win, loss but then i won seven in a row. Thanks.
edreed2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #50
The Big LT

The Big LT 77's Gamercard
Using this "guide" and I use that term very loosely, I managed to win 5/12 fights. I don't for one second believe that there is any strategy involved with winning any of these fights, and breed, what the the owners say or number of wins the bird has bares absolutely any factor on the outcome, it's completely random. When I obtain my gold Gambler award I will post my final results.

Ok so just got the gold award and the results are...

9/18 wins or 50/50 or just simply RANDOM!

Grow old never grow up

Last edited by The Big LT; 01-27-2014 at 03:02 PM.
The Big LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:19 PM   #51
MissJaded

MissJaded's Gamercard
Thanks this worked a bit. I kept betting on the white one before I had like 8 wins in a row just betting on the White Bird only which worked. But I think this theory works on what kind of breed it is. Just like dog fighting you know. This is the fastest way to get money the truck thing is alittle slow.

Made alot of HK $$$ doing it this way with Chicken fighting. Also saved before so that I bought all the clothes then re loaded and bought all the cars.
MissJaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:27 AM   #52
swann5150

swanny5150's Gamercard
I was a believer in this method at first as I peeled off 6 wins in a row. Then I ended up tanking 4 in a row using this method. I still think it is just random, but what the hell, it is still worth a shot. You may get better results than I did.
swann5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #53
ikuyok

ikuyoK's Gamercard
And I thought the freerunning disarms would be the worst part. This part sucked soo much. Stupid luck in video games. I was like 2 and 8 before I went like 8 and 2. Still took forever to do...
ikuyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 PM   #54
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Wow, this has actually had a 100% success rate for me. 4/4 fights were won.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:29 AM   #55
BigTymer2047

Send a message via AIM to BigTymer2047

Bigtymer2047's Gamercard
Nice little guide!! I'd say it hit the money about 4 out of every 5 fights... aside from one stretch where I lost like 6 in a row and had to keep reloading. But other than that, great find!! Thank you!!
BigTymer2047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:18 AM   #56
chaos muffin

Bet 200,000
win /save /repeat
lose/ reload/drive fron kennedy house

XBOX LIVE gt - chaos muffin (buddy me for boosting adventures)
chaos muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 06:21 PM   #57
KILLSHOT666

KILLSHOT666's Gamercard
Not fail safe method. But better than I was doing. Great info!
KILLSHOT666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:28 AM   #58
aizgod

Here are my results of gambling on cock fights seems almost random but these help

Buckeye Brahma VS Jersey Giant
2 VS 0 Winner Buckeye Brahma
Croad Langshan VS Rhode Island Leghorn
0 VS 6 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
2 VS 6 Winner Croad Langshan
3 VS 1 Winner Croad Langshan
3 VS 4 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
3 VS 5 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
Croad Langshan VS Jersey Giant
0 VS 1 Winner Croad Langshan
1 VS 0 Winner Jersey Giant
2 VS 2 Winner Jersey Giant
4 VS 2 Winner Croad Langshan
Buckeye Brahma VS Jersey Giant
0 VS 1 Winner Jersey Giant
0 VS 1 Winner Jersey Giant
0 VS 4 Winner Jersey Giant
1 VS 3 Winner Jersey Giant
1 VS 3 Winner Jersey Giant
2 VS 5 Winner Jersey Giant
3 VS 1 Winner Buckeye Brahma
3 VS 1 Winner Jersey Giant
0 VS 6 Winner Jersey Giant
Buckeye Brahma VS Rhode Island Leghorn
1 VS 0 Winner Buckeye Brahma
1 VS 3 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
2 VS 0 Winner Buckeye Brahma
2 VS 4 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
2 VS 5 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
3 VS 0 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
3 VS 0 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
3 VS 0 Winner Buckeye Brahma
3 VS 3 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
4 VS 0 Winner Buckeye Brahma
4 VS 3 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
Croad Langshan VS Jersey Giant
0 VS 2 Winner Jersey Giant
0 VS 2 Winner Croad Langshan
1 VS 1 Winner Croad Langshan
2 VS 5 Winner Jersey Giant
3 VS 1 Winner Jersey Giant
4 VS 0 Winner Jersey Giant
4 VS 2 Winner Jersey Giant
4 VS 4 Winner Croad Langshan
Croad Langshan VS Rhode Island Leghorn
0 VS 1 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
0 VS 2 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
0 VS 6 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
1 VS 0 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
1 VS 1 Winner Croad Langshan
2 VS 2 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
2 VS 3 Winner Croad Langshan
2 VS 3 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
2 VS 5 Winner Croad Langshan
2 VS 5 Winner Croad Langshan
3 VS 1 Winner Croad Langshan
3 VS 4 Winner Croad Langshan
3 VS 6 Winner Rhode Island Leghorn
4 VS 0 Winner Croad Langshan
4 VS 2 Winner Croad Langshan
4 VS 3 Winner Croad Langshan
4 VS 5 Winner Croad Langshan
4 VS 6 Winner Croad Langshan
aizgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 05:26 AM   #59
tma

zzUrbanSpaceman's Gamercard
Having completed all three of 360 stacks for this game I can tell you with near certainty that the cockfighting is completely random.

And by random I mean "sometimes it will look like a pattern, but really it isn't". This is a standard gamblers fallacy. http://arachnoid.com/randomness/ and many many other places discussing finding patterns in random information, and pretty much any gambling self-help site out there.
tma is offline   Reply With Quote