PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > NeverDead
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #31
olcsi2

Oliverio's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Back to the topic of the thread...

The final boss is annoying as hell, true. Even if you figure out what to do, it takes about 30-45 mins to clear. The original poster had some valid points, but if you do the right strategy, there is absolutely no difficulty in the fight (apart from the fact that if your head gets sucked in and you fail the minigame you need to start again). The good thing though is that the game gives you enough to be able to avoid those headsuckers completely.

Clear all enemies (exploding arm helps a lot, also becasue while you regenerate them you are invulnerable against all attacks), move to the back, the platforms mostly will raise you up, so you can avoid jumping around, shoot a few bullets through the portal, jump down, walk through the portal with your sword for extra power and mash the arms, then start over.

Before the boss attack that dismembers you completely Arcadia always warns you, so it is just timing your roll or - even better - your arm regeneration and you will hardly be dismembered. In the second fight you hardly have to kill the enemy waves neither as the boss has a fire attack that you can use to clear out the horde.
olcsi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:43 PM   #32
Reqqu

Reqqu's Gamercard
Suprisingly easy endboss on normal, Alex was far more frustrating to me. When Arcadia warns you, stop slaying cannonfodder and pay attention to incoming shockwave: thats nothing, but smokewave just after shockwave will shatter you to pieces. Do not roll, just jump over it. Save assault rifle ammo for boss and slice small enemies. D-pad up if getting sucked and equip quick regen ability of course.
Reqqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:50 AM   #33
Darkhound64

Darkhound64's Gamercard
The final boss is fucking stupid. First, I can regen my limbs, that makes half the upgrades I brought fucking useless. Second, once I lose a limb, its gone, forever, because those stupid fucking granbabies swallow them every fucking time. Also, he doesn't take any damage when I shoot him through the portal on top of the cliff thing, then my sword does no damage to his snake arms. Fucking hell, worst final boss to a game I've ever played, which is disappointed because the rest of the game was actually good.

Another note: Why the fuck are there instantregen pickups around the battlefield if I CAN'T regenerate my fucking limbs!
Darkhound64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:46 PM   #34
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
I wasn't overly impressed with the game itself.
But I guess developers have to take that risk to see if it could be done.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:08 AM   #35
Cooljoe

Bear5 Fan 4Ever's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The hardest part for me about the final boss was the "jumps" you have to make. Both the one on the ground when he creates shockwave and the ones to get up high and shoot through those circles of light. bTW I've loved this game. Looking forward to hardcore.
Cooljoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #36
Sampson

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljoe View Post
The hardest part for me about the final boss was the "jumps" you have to make. Both the one on the ground when he creates shockwave and the ones to get up high and shoot through those circles of light. bTW I've loved this game. Looking forward to hardcore.
The jumps with the platforms sucked.
But OP, honestly, you're complaining .. because the last boss of the game ... is hard. It's supposed to be hard, it's the LAST BOSS OF THE GAME.

"Everyone is entitled to their own sorrow, for the
heart has no metrics or form of measure. And all of
it... irreplaceable."

Thanks to Rajeanero for the excellent signature!
Sampson is offline   Reply With Quote