PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox One Games > RPG > The Elder Scrolls Online
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #91
gravelandx88

gravelandx88's Gamercard
Had Bethesda/Microsoft agreed to have the game on Demand (digital copy dl for free) but still charge $15 sub monthly. I would of been totally okay with that. Seeing how that would save me about 4 months sub on physical copy game.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #92
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I don't think this has anything to do with us being cheap, Gackt. We're simply listing logical and valid alternatives and being that we aren't PC MMO gamers, many of us aren't used to - or support - this model of subbing.

And besides...this game could have made tons of money just off initial copy sales, microtransaction fees, and paid expansions. The Elder Scrolls fanbase is huge, with something like over 10 million copies of Skyrim sold. They could have easily made a profit with a model like GW2, the only reason they decided on P2P is because they hold delusions of toppling WoW like so many other MMO makers in the last several years.

Just my opinion. No one attack me please

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 09-04-2013 at 03:49 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #93
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrochaos View Post
IGN has a nice discussion on this:

Game Scoop!: Did Elder Scrolls Online Just Commit Suicide? - YouTube

It's not really the $15 fee that is the problem for most people. Like KOTOR, it's whether or not they can keep coming out with new content to keep up. If there isn't any new content, people end up cancelling.

Wow gameplay and graphics looked like shit. I'd rather play Skyrim lol. Graphics and gameplay better be better over time or this game to me will be like a pipe dream.

On topic I have never played an CP MMO nor subbed to a game. I refuse to play World of warcraft cause it is ''too addictive'' I've heard. Paying for Internet,Gold,AND a sub does NOT SOUND FUN to me. As much as I love the Elder Scrolls series I'd rather just play Skyrim and Oblivion instead of this if something doesn't give.

Like Powder Penguin said ''I'll wait and see what happens over time.''

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.

Last edited by Deadsea 18; 09-04-2013 at 05:38 AM.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #94
PenderPowguin

PenderPowguin's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadsea 18 View Post
Like Powder Penguin said ''I'll wait and see what happens over time.''
*Ahem!*

It's PenderPowguin, thank you!

"Are you saying we shouldn't hope?"

"I'm saying we should remove the carrot and walk forward with our eyes open!”
- Raistlin Majere

Major props to Rajeanero for this sexy sig!
PenderPowguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #95
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PenderPowguin View Post
*Ahem!*

It's PenderPowguin, thank you!
Wow, I never noticed that! I always thought it was PowderPenguin. I need to slow down my reading, I'm to the point when I see my name I see WaiterWheat and say it that way in my head. This confirms it's out of hand.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #96
Deadsea 18

Deadsea 1993's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Wow, I never noticed that! I always thought it was PowderPenguin. I need to slow down my reading, I'm to the point when I see my name I see WaiterWheat and say it that way in my head. This confirms it's out of hand.
Nope its cause you are an old man. People that are old have poor eyesight. KIDDING

Thanks goes to Captain Slaughter for the signature.
Deadsea 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:37 AM   #97
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Nope its cause you are an old man. People that are old have poor eyesight. KIDDING
Stress from the job. Selling Meth really wears on your senses.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-05-2013, 02:40 AM   #98
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Talk to WalterWhite. It sounds like cooking meth is even worse for your mental health.

EDIT: Just read WalterWhite's reply. Somehow I completely missed the fact that he was involved in this conversation and that you were referencing him.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 09-05-2013 at 05:18 AM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:16 AM   #99
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Could be yo, I'm a fuddy duddy at heart.

Quote:
This is all your fault to begin with. I still say it was PowderPenguin all along, there's some Harry Potter shit going on around here. I don't trust you and your witchcraft anymore, I would have bet my life that said PowderPenguin, I was honestly shocked earlier that I hadn't noticed, haha. I can't be the only one, say it ain't so...
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #100
PenderPowguin

Quote:
This is all your fault to begin with. I still say it was PowderPenguin all along, there's some Harry Potter shit going on around here. I don't trust you and your witchcraft anymore, I would have bet my life that said PowderPenguin, I was honestly shocked earlier that I hadn't noticed, haha. I can't be the only one, say it ain't so...
If it's any consolation, the name derived from PowderPenguin

See here to find out how.

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #101
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've still got the game pre-ordered. I love me-some Elder Scrolls, and given that the first month is free... it's worth trying it out. If I feel the game deserves my $15/month, than I will support it. Odds are, I will probably play the crap out of it for the first month, shelve it, and then come back 6 months later, pay the $15 and play it a lot more that month, then cancel the subscription. It won't be be as bad as people make it sound, considering that you can just cancel the sub when you aren't playing it.
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 04:38 AM   #102
Slaughter XBA
Lost

Cpt Slaugh7er's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
I'm on the floor over here

My Gallery
| XBA Blog
I put the laughter in slaughter.
Slaughter XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:15 AM   #103
aka Scratch

aka Scratch's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
If this is true for the Xbox version then I'm totally content not touching it. I loved the other games but I can overlook it easily at that price.

aka Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:07 PM   #104
omg someone

omg someone's Gamercard
it's crazy 50 for the game then 15 a month not worth it
omg someone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #105
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Scratch View Post
If this is true for the Xbox version then I'm totally content not touching it. I loved the other games but I can overlook it easily at that price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omg someone View Post
it's crazy 50 for the game then 15 a month not worth it
It's a MMO...most good ones require subscriptions. The lot of you need to stop looking at it like it's just a regular TES RPG with a monthly fee attached. That isn't how it works.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #106
PenderPowguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
It's a MMO...most good ones require subscriptions. The lot of you need to stop looking at it like it's just a regular TES RPG with a monthly fee attached. That isn't how it works.
It's hard for console gamers to get over it, because they often cannot see the bigger picture. Most console gamers (myself included) have never really experienced a true MMORPG in all of its glory. Though, I did try WoW, it was merely for an hour or so, and I got no real feel of what the game could offer.

All of that being said, once the title releases, I'm sure people will see what the subscription fee actually gets you (as opposed to a standard $60 disc worth of content), and people will be more inclined to want to pay/play. Word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-21-2013, 05:02 PM   #107
ZombieFan

Quote:
Quote:
It's hard for console gamers to get over it, because they often cannot see the bigger picture. Most console gamers (myself included) have never really experienced a true MMORPG in all of its glory. Though, I did try WoW, it was merely for an hour or so, and I got no real feel of what the game could offer.

All of that being said, once the title releases, I'm sure people will see what the subscription fee actually gets you (as opposed to a standard $60 disc worth of content), and people will be more inclined to want to pay/play. Word of mouth is a very powerful advertising tool.

Can't wait to see how it turns out!
My only issue with the subscription is that being an MMO, it's going to be heavily dependent on a strong community and I just don't see that happening on the consoles. I feel like it will just die out and the money spent on the sub will have been for nothing.

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:18 PM   #108
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFan View Post
My only issue with the subscription is that being an MMO, it's going to be heavily dependent on a strong community and I just don't see that happening on the consoles. I feel like it will just die out and the money spent on the sub will have been for nothing.
People still play COD4. I think if a game is good enough, the community will be there. I share your concern though...as much as I want to see MMORPG's be successful on console...hard to see it happening with this crowd, MMO's can be quite successful on console I think but MMORPG's that are subscription based...that's a little iffy. Only time will tell I guess.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #109
ZombieFan

Quote:
People still play COD4. I think if a game is good enough, the community will be there. I share your concern though...as much as I want to see MMORPG's be successful on console...hard to see it happening with this crowd, MMO's can be quite successful on console I think but MMORPG's that are subscription based...that's a little iffy. Only time will tell I guess.
That game alone plus various other shooters is the reason I don't think the community will be strong lol who knows though, maybe with next-gen things will change.

Full credit goes to Gackt!
ZombieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:13 PM   #110
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieFan View Post
That game alone plus various other shooters is the reason I don't think the community will be strong lol who knows though, maybe with next-gen things will change.
The one reason I liked the idea of no used games would mean people would spend more time with the games they buy. Heh, but that dream is dead now
Old 09-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #111
PenderPowguin

Quote:
The one reason I liked the idea of no used games would mean people would spend more time with the games they buy. Heh, but that dream is dead now

- Raistlin Majere

Old 09-21-2013, 08:10 PM   #112
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:

That is so depressingly true... unless you wish upon the sun. That is only 7 minutes late.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #113
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:

Ha, that made me laugh out loud.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #114
MikeyC93

US_BLAZ3MAN's Gamercard
Kinda understand the requirement for subscription, still sucks to be paying extra though :/
MikeyC93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #115
EnigmaticRavyn

Enigmaticravyn's Gamercard
I understand the need for "Subscription Base" but I tend to only play the games when they become Free to Play "Rift, WoW up to the point you have to pay," "The Old Republic," etc I mean that's just me personally but hope Bethesda does well with this.
EnigmaticRavyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #116
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with us being cheap, Gackt. We're simply listing logical and valid alternatives and being that we aren't PC MMO gamers, many of us aren't used to - or support - this model of subbing.

And besides...this game could have made tons of money just off initial copy sales, microtransaction fees, and paid expansions. The Elder Scrolls fanbase is huge, with something like over 10 million copies of Skyrim sold. They could have easily made a profit with a model like GW2, the only reason they decided on P2P is because they hold delusions of toppling WoW like so many other MMO makers in the last several years.

Just my opinion. No one attack me please
I agree with you here. I paid for World of Warcraft not long ago, tried it out for two months and I did plan to continue it. But, I got bored quite quick so I cancelled the monthly subscription. I only ended up paying for those two months because the game was free and I got a month trial. But, if they did give TES: Online for free as a download, I think more people would offer to pay the monthly subscription and Bethesda would most likely even make more off it as more people will buy it. I've heard so many people say they're boycotting the game because they have to pay for the game, XBL and a monthly subscription. Especially since GAME told me games in the UK for next-gen are going to be around £60.

Also, console gamers really don't like this idea, purely because this usually just happens on PC. But even then, if you look how Defiance turned out... then I hope some people can probably see how the monthly fee will make the game better. We should just get the game free.

I'll more than likely be getting it anyway. I'm sure they'll add in a free trial for a month and if I like it, I'll probably pay a month every two months, so it's not as harsh on my wallet and so I find time for other games. So one month on, one month off, like.

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #117
Broke

Kained but AbIe's Gamercard
I am kind of on the fence about this game I would love to play it and don't mind paying the subscription fee, but I work so much that I don't think I would have the time to play it as well as all the other games that are coming out. Not to mention all the other MMOs I have played I seem to just wander around looking for cool people to play with but never meeting any.
Broke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:55 AM   #118
Xenoes

Neurotic Kasper's Gamercard
WAS going to get this game.....Not anymore. Not paying monthly for Gold PLUS a sub to ESO and the game itself on top of that. Ruined it for me......
Old 01-01-2014, 03:37 PM   #119
WipeoutBoy1

xenomorphs's Gamercard
If they drop the subscription then I will buy it.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #120
Gackt
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoes View Post
WAS going to get this game.....Not anymore. Not paying monthly for Gold PLUS a sub to ESO and the game itself on top of that. Ruined it for me......
Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeoutBoy1 View Post
If they drop the subscription then I will buy it.
It won't be a good game if it's free to play, MMO F2P model is a disaster. Quality drops, updates are not frequent, content is not frequent, microtransactions will be literally everywhere. I really wish people would just stop being cheap.
I really really hope they keep the pay to play model, otherwise it will kill this game in the first few months it's out.