PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Disney Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse
Subscribe    Donate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Ace Attorney 86

Ace Attorney 86's Gamercard
Great remake! Worth getting

We played the crap out of this as a kid and I'm very pleased how this one turned out. The level layouts are pretty much intact with some 3D sections thrown in every now and then. There's also new collectibles to find and a very small HUB to explore. The controls are a bit stiff but you get used to them, like any platformer you need to figure out how the momentum of your jumps work, traction, etc. before you can get really good.

I liked the Genesis music better instead of the new tracks, that is probably just nostalgia talking, but the boss and storm level tracks were some of my all-time favorite on the Genesis. Luckily you can choose to use the old music if you like.

I think this is a very good example of how to do a remake. You give it a fresh coat of paint while keep true to what made it great to satisfy curmudgeons like us kids of the 80s and 90s. Hope this will sell very well to reward the team that did an excellent job on it and QuackShot will be next.

Last edited by Ace Attorney 86; 09-06-2013 at 02:40 AM.
Ace Attorney 86 is offline   Reply With Quote