PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > BioShock Infinite > Clash in the Clouds
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Do You Have a Favorite Arena?
I can't decide, they're all too splendiferous! 0 0%
The OPS Zeal 2 6.06%
Duke and Dimwit Theatre 2 6.06%
Raven's Dome 10 30.30%
Emporia Arcade 4 12.12%
I prefer the Columbia Archeological Society Museum above all else. 8 24.24%
They all were atrocious and this DLC sucked wee wee 7 21.21%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Do You Have a Favorite Arena?

As of this post, I've sunk a fair bit of time into Clash in the Clouds. I've beaten every arena, I've unlocked everything in the museum, and I've obtained 57 of the 60 blue ribbons. Just missing 3 in Emporia Arcade!

After playing this DLC for a while, I've taken a liking to it. Despite playing through BioShock Infinite 6 times just for testing out different vigors and weapons, I had fun with Clash in the Clouds. My personal favorite arena's gotta be Raven's Dome. Classic BioShock Infinite, very reminiscent of the earlier portion of the game's story when everything seemed all blue and bright and shiny with rainbows and unicorns flashing across the screen. Then everything went to hell and started burning up, the sky turned to black blah blah blah.

So does anybody else enjoy this DLC enough to claim that they have a preference as to what arena they like battling on?

Last edited by LickableLemons7; 08-07-2013 at 09:29 PM.
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
Simlaurel

Simlaurel's Gamercard
I liked Emporia Arcade the best. I liked the dark, snowy vibe it had. Despite my initial skepticism for the DLC, I ended really enjoying it, and I liked the challenges the Blue Ribbons offer. It was quite satisfying to complete them.
Simlaurel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #3
BiggD
17 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
"I prefer the Columbia Archeological Society Museum above all else."

I'm a huge sucker for games that show off concept art, character models, and all that good stuff. Hell, there was even an audition tape of Baker and Draper which was cool to see, especially considering Draper doesn't have ANY background in voice work, and extremely little acting experience. Not many games offer this type of stuff, and if they do...it's only like a menu that you click stuff. It's nice that Irrational made it an actual museum that you can enter and view everything.

If I had to pick an arena, it'd obviously be Raven's Dome for the clear beauty of it. Emporia is too dark for my liking, The OPS Zeal didn't sit right with me as a whole, and Duke & Dimwitt Theatre wasn't anything special.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 17 DAYS ~

Last edited by BiggD; 08-09-2013 at 04:55 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:08 AM   #4
Rajeanero
Ryan Industries

Rajeanero's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Artist of the Month   Staff - Graphics Team   Subscriber - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Museum.
Why?
One Word:
Songbird <3

If you're using one of my created signatures/avatars/banners please save them on your computer and upload them by yourself.
For example here, here, or here. Don't use my image link. Just in case, that one of my upload sites are down
or i delete the image from the server. This will avoid trouble for both of us. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Raj is still the best though, no one beats Raj, he's like the Chuck Norris of signatures.
Rajeanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Snoop QC

snoop qc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Raven's Dome because it's the most beautiful and the museum for all the cool stuff like songbird.

Achievements completion : 99,39%
Gamerscore completion : 99,35%
Retail games completed : 70/74
I'm a completionist!!!

If you send a friend request, please send a message telling why, otherwise I will just ignore it
Snoop QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #6
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Phew, glad to see some people vote. At least this thread hasn't become a total dud.

I guess I'm not too surprised with the overwhelming adoration of Raven's Dome, it is a very beautiful map. If I ever feel like kicking some ass in BioShock Infinite, that's where I'd go.

Poor OPs Zeal and D'n'D theatre, they never stood a chance.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I actually voted for Duke and Dimwit. Personally, I loved the arena itself since it was based off Soldier's Field from the main game.

I really liked this area of the game the most. From Soldier's Field to the Hall of Heroes.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:55 PM   #8
the real a 0bsolete

A 0bsolete's Gamercard
ravens dome was my fav
Old 08-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
Birth Mark

Atrolity's Gamercard
D&D Theater. I hate the blue ribbon challenges they give you, but I just like the map design alot.
Birth Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #10
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
surprised no one has mentioned the house through the tear and being able to spend more time there.

I think each arena has something to add to the game and reasons to like each one. My money would be on Raven's Dome though.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
marvelnoel

marvelnoel's Gamercard
Definitely Raven's Dome
marvelnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
CyberPunch83

CyberPunch83's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
From a pure combat standpoint, The OPS Zeal is the best by far. No weird half-level structures like Raven's Dome, none of the large uncrossable gaps like in Emporia Arcade, and certainly no airships like we find in Duke & Dimwit Theater. Easily the best arena to get yourself adjusted to the combat and really learn your best weapon and Vigor combinations.

50k achieved 10/10/2011
100k achieved 7/3/2014
Achievement: Wheelie God (20G) - Ride to Hell: Retribution

GTA Online Rank (9/23/2014) 114

Games 100%: 92
Latest: Deadpool

Working on:
World of Tanks (560/700)
Hardwood Backgammon (110/200)
Destiny (starting soon)
CyberPunch83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #13
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
No preferences. I liked them all and each were fun in combat. Liked the variety from map to map.

I racked up over $34,000 last night mad running through all the levels without worrying about the ribbons. Going to go unlock everything in the museum tonight

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote