Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Feedback > FAQ
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-23-2013, 11:01 PM   #1
powerm3tal

powerm3tal's Gamercard
Posts that need approval

I attempted to post a roadmap thread for Boom Boom Rocket a few hours ago, before I was told that it would require moderator approval to be posted. Upon further inspection, it looks like I should have posted it here. However, I spent a lot of time working on that roadmap, so I was wondering if it's still pending approval, or if it's been flat-out denied and I haven't received notification yet.
powerm3tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Due to the amount of spam we get, we have some behind the scenes rules that auto-moderate certain posts. I am not going to disclose all of the rules, but your guide fell prey to the auto-moderation. You didn't do anything wrong, so you don't need to worry about that aspect, and I have since approved your post.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Pet Elf

Pet Elf's Gamercard
Also having an issue with needing moderator approval. I posted in a trading thread for Fable 3 a few hours ago, and it's not shown up yet. Not sure if I have to repost or just keep waiting.
Pet Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #4
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Elf View Post
Also having an issue with needing moderator approval. I posted in a trading thread for Fable 3 a few hours ago, and it's not shown up yet. Not sure if I have to repost or just keep waiting.
I approved all three of your pending posts.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
Pet Elf

Pet Elf's Gamercard
Thankyou very much for looking it over for me, Creech.
Pet Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
CrimpingMadness

CrimpingMadness's Gamercard
I also have a thread I decided to start last night that hasn't seem to have been approved, I'm really hoping it hasn't just been lost either. I'm still trying to get my first five posts to validate my account as not being spam :L
CrimpingMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #7
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimpingMadness View Post
I also have a thread I decided to start last night that hasn't seem to have been approved, I'm really hoping it hasn't just been lost either. I'm still trying to get my first five posts to validate my account as not being spam :L
I don't see any pending from you, so perhaps one of the moderators saw it and approved it. Let me know if you have further issues.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I don't see any pending from you, so perhaps one of the moderators saw it and approved it. Let me know if you have further issues.
I think that was me.. I got distracted and forgot to post a response that I had taken care of it. Damn ADD.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 x360a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #9
Aeterna Miseria

Aeterna Miseria's Gamercard
Can someone approve my post for Fable 3? Still not up and other posts have gone through....I feel sad
Aeterna Miseria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #10
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeterna Miseria View Post
Can someone approve my post for Fable 3? Still not up and other posts have gone through....I feel sad
Done. 10

Old 07-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #11
Aeterna Miseria

Aeterna Miseria's Gamercard
Thank you very much :3
Aeterna Miseria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:08 PM   #12
danhirowb

DanC112's Gamercard
Is there any way to avoid every single post I make having to be approved by the moderators. I am not a robot. Can you guys mark my account in some way please? After lurking on the site and forums for so long now that I have decided to get involved it is a real turn off not having posts to up or not being able to link a gamer card immediately. Rant done! I wish I could end with a witty quote from one of the robots in blade runner questioning whether I am real or not but sadly I don't know any! Thank you!
danhirowb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
BBFrost

I'm also getting the "needs to be approved" message on each post. I'm new here so I don't know if that goes away eventually or what.
BBFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhirowb View Post
Is there any way to avoid every single post I make having to be approved by the moderators. I am not a robot. Can you guys mark my account in some way please? After lurking on the site and forums for so long now that I have decided to get involved it is a real turn off not having posts to up or not being able to link a gamer card immediately. Rant done! I wish I could end with a witty quote from one of the robots in blade runner questioning whether I am real or not but sadly I don't know any! Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBFrost View Post
I'm also getting the "needs to be approved" message on each post. I'm new here so I don't know if that goes away eventually or what.
After you have posted enough times, it goes away. Also, you are more likely to be auto-moderated if your posts contain links to external sources.

Old 09-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #15
Tommyguns11

Send a message via AIM to Tommyguns11 Send a message via Yahoo to Tommyguns11

Tommyguns11's Gamercard
I get that moderator approval frequently. Not that I use foul language in a "demeaning" manner, certain words get picked up while making a point.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:09 AM   #16
Grim Inquisitor

Grim Inquisitor's Gamercard
I've needed to have a number of posts approved. I've just posted a list of games/DLCs, etc in the Deals of the Week thread and it needs approving. I posted a list first and it needed tidying up so reposted a tidier list. If a moderator reads this, could you please approve my second post in that thread rather than both?

Also, quick query, what is the post count needed to reduce/stop the auto moderation? Thanks.
Grim Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #17
DEG23
Wanderlusting

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Inquisitor View Post
I've needed to have a number of posts approved. I've just posted a list of games/DLCs, etc in the Deals of the Week thread and it needs approving. I posted a list first and it needed tidying up so reposted a tidier list. If a moderator reads this, could you please approve my second post in that thread rather than both?

Also, quick query, what is the post count needed to reduce/stop the auto moderation? Thanks.
I've approved the 2nd post. I don't know if there is a certain number but from what I can gather it is around 15 posts before the auto moderation stops. If any more of your posts are moderated feel free to send me a message
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #18
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
I've approved the 2nd post. I don't know if there is a certain number but from what I can gather it is around 15 posts before the auto moderation stops. If any more of your posts are moderated feel free to send me a message
Automoderation for posts without links stops pretty quickly. It is the inclusion of a hyperlink that triggers the panic response from the software. That doesn't go away until 50 or 100 posts, I forget which. I think 100 however.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
Grim Inquisitor

Grim Inquisitor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Automoderation for posts without links stops pretty quickly. It is the inclusion of a hyperlink that triggers the panic response from the software. That doesn't go away until 50 or 100 posts, I forget which. I think 100 however.
Thanks both.
Grim Inquisitor is offline   Reply With Quote