PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > Ecco the Dolphin
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-16-2007, 09:51 PM   #1
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Achievement Discussion

Please use this thread to talk about or ask for help on any achievements.

The achievement list can be found here.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Did this game come out already? I pretty much have to get it because I liked playing it so much when I was a kid. The achievements sound so-so though I think.
Arcade Completed Games 71
Phrozan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:15 AM   #3
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
It should (hopefully) have a save system like the other Sega games....otherwise beating the game without dying more than three times would be ridiculous.
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
chunkypony

ChunkyPony's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Link2430 View Post
It should (hopefully) have a save system like the other Sega games....otherwise beating the game without dying more than three times would be ridiculous.
Yea, it has a save feature, which is incredibly useful (to the point where it could be copnsidered cheating). It is like a save state on an emu or something.
chunkypony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #5
Vista

Chait the Great's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Is this game any good? The highest I have seen someones GS in this game is 15!
Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:18 PM   #6
SegaSaturnSNK

SegaSaturnSNK's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackvista View Post
Is this game any good? The highest I have seen someones GS in this game is 15!
Try the trail version and see yourself. This game isn't for everyone though, you'll be frustrated here and there but I heard the Ecco for the Dreamcast is 100 times worse when it comes to frustration lol.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:25 AM   #7
JBong6

EliteAchievr420's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can anyone tell me where the hidden glyph is in Origin Beach I have sonared all over and can only find 3 glyphs 2 for sonar keys and 1 lock glyph.

JBong6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:42 AM   #8
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Here is a dumb question. How do you use the death sonar? Maybe I'm not far enough in the game to use it but I did get it on the 2ND or 3RD level. I can't kill anything with my sonar. Humble me please.
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:27 AM   #9
JBong6

Death Sonar is used by pressing X then A quickly after. It make the sonar act like bullets.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:41 AM   #10
zFerus

Send a message via AIM to zFerus Send a message via MSN to zFerus Send a message via Yahoo to zFerus

zFerus's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBong6 View Post
Death Sonar is used by pressing X then A quickly after. It make the sonar act like bullets.
Thank You!
zFerus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:25 AM   #11
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
This game is alot harder than I remember it, and that is probably why I never ended up beating it on Genesis console. I am currently at my first time playing through and I am on the machine level and it sucks I hate this board there are definitely some frustrating parts throughout this game. I don't know how anyone in their right mind could beat this game with only 3 deaths w/o the save option. Sorry just needed to vent for a bit. LOL.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #12
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

So I finally beat this game tonight and I saved a bunch of times and I know I didn't die once because if I died I would just go and reload my saved game. I didn't get the win 3 achievement though for some reason? I am starting my second time through this game to get the complete game twice but I am so curious why I didn't get the achievement when I KNOW FOR A FACT I didn't die once even.
Old 09-06-2007, 03:36 AM   #13
JBong6

The only thing I can think of is if you got smushed between the wall an ice block/moving rock. It will respawn you and count as a death. I know many times I was glad I saved often during the frozen zone due to dying by getting smashed all the time. Hope that was the case, I'm not to sure of there being any bugs in the achievements.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #14
Phrozan

phrozan's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBong6 View Post
The only thing I can think of is if you got smushed between the wall an ice block/moving rock. It will respawn you and count as a death. I know many times I was glad I saved often during the frozen zone due to dying by getting smashed all the time. Hope that was the case, I'm not to sure of there being any bugs in the achievements.
I am going for win #2 now and I am on the Ice Zone currently so I am taking it slower and making sure I write down 0 for each board after I beat them without dying. Those Ice Cubes may have gotten me and now that I am thinking about things I could have possibly died once the first time I did Open Ocean as well where you just dart across the bottom as there are sharks everywhere and then I may have just respawned and done it again. It shouldn't count as a death when you die and relaod your saved game I don't think. It wouldn't make sense. Thanks for the prompt response JBong. I will let you know how my second attempt goes through. This is a long game for me, I don't understand at all how people beat this in under 1 hr. Like #1 on the leaderboard says 27 minutes, like ya right. I had to use a 28 page guide the whole way because I never beat this game when I had it on genesis and now I know why. LOL.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #15
Qing nothingh

I managed to beat the gime for the second time yesterday and I have to say that this was one of the most boring game on arcade. Some things were just so hard that it was stupid but I have 200GS finally
Found a glitch in the final boss though. Not a helping glitch but I went through the right wall and I ended up on the other side of the wall and couldnt come back
Qing nothingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:01 PM   #16
Achiever TM

Achiever TM's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Referrals - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
i have finished this game today (got 200GS) and i don't think that this game is boring..i enjoyed to play it since is a classic..
Old 06-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #17
Pitalla

Pitalla's Gamercard
Tell me about it, I have been trying to beat the darkwater level but the goddam DNA strain keeps killing me.
I readed that I need to hit 4 colours in a row or it means to do it over AGAIN!

But the thing is that I AM RUNNING OUT OF AIR! and of HP! How am I supposed to beat this?!
Pitalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #18
justG0Twicked

justG0Twicked's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I bought this game and never started it. What amount of time is a ballpark estimate for the full 200/200 for this game?
justG0Twicked is offline   Reply With Quote