PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
xXmyxxmastaXx

xXmyxxmastaXx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
one problem im seeing is the cars turn too sharp, and when on a motorcycle and you turn it looks kinda off, but very small stuff
Old 09-14-2013, 07:34 PM   #32
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXmyxxmastaXx View Post
one problem im seeing is the cars turn too sharp, and when on a motorcycle and you turn it looks kinda off, but very small stuff
havent seen much motorbike gameplay, but i know what you mean about the cars

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #33
fresh fish 101

fresh fish 101's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK L4xX View Post
The only time GTA V has decent graphics is if you absolutely stand still and do nothing lol. Textures are amazing but useless if there is zero anti aliasing....when you drive on the street you can barely see anything in the background because of all the steps and flicker.... It was a big mistake not to wait for the next generation.... now you have a huge story game with awesome gameplay which looks like shit and lags as hell.... thank you rockstar... dont get me wrong graphics is the least i care but this gives me headaches....they could've at least manage to get constant 30 frames...
you just stand still and do nothing then, whatever it takes for the game to look good to you.

i highly doubt theres no anti-aliasing, ive seen plenty of gameplay footage and theres little-to- no pop ins or flicker. no lag, constant 30 frames.

i'd respect your opinion more if it weren't so wrong.

oh, and you know what will solve the turning-too-sharp problem? DONT TURN TOO SHARP!

100% CLUB: Alan Wake - Battlefield: BC2 - Burnout: Paradise -
Deus Ex: HR - Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim - Far Cry 3 - Hitman: Absolution -
LA Noire - Mafia II - Portal: Still Alive - Portal 2 - Prince of Persia: TFS -
Red Dead Redemption - Skate - Skate 3 - Sleeping Dogs

Last edited by fresh fish 101; 09-14-2013 at 07:53 PM.
fresh fish 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #34
XoNiNjAlEoNoX

did OP somehow manage to play the game without installing? lol

Just another freak, in the freak kingdom.
XoNiNjAlEoNoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #35
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
The game looks great, especially so considering the hardware it's running on.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #36
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
Yes, the graphics are absolutely fine, I'm loving it. And I can live with an occasional frame drop for lots of detail and nice graphics. I'm loving this game already, same "whoa" feeling like I had when playing GTAIV for the first time.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #37
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK L4xX View Post
the only people moaning are the ones that dont know you dont have to switch the disc....this is the most expensive game in history and they cant afford the license for a third disc?....could've easily been done on 3-4 discs or free dlc or whatever.... its all just lame excuses from devs and people just jump on the train
Good job you didn't pay anything for the game then isn't it?

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 08:47 PM   #38
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Meh, all the people releasing videos are shit drivers.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #39
I X I Shock I

I X I Shock I's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Meh, all the people releasing videos are shit drivers.
Or perhaps they are such amazing drivers, the amazingness of their driving just looks ridiculously bad. Think about it.

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
'One of the Bros', FIFA 13, 11/6/12
75000 ~
'My Generation', Titanfall, 03/29/14
I X I Shock I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #40
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I X I Shock I View Post
Or perhaps they are such amazing drivers, the amazingness of their driving just looks ridiculously bad. Think about it.
Nope. They most likely just suck

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #41
Jardinho

Jardinho's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Green Thumb - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   GRID 2 Award   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I X I Shock I View Post
I thought about it and... nope. Only I could be that amazing... but I'd look ridiculously good.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:54 PM   #42
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
There's no way at being good at driving in GTA..because at the end of the day you're going to ditch the car or get it blown up!

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #43
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
There's no way at being good at driving in GTA..because at the end of the day you're going to ditch the car or get it blown up!
So true. And it isn't like the vehicles in GTAIV handled like a dream. They slid EVERYWHERE (especially the bikes).
Old 09-14-2013, 10:08 PM   #44
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Nope. They most likely just suck
one person in the video description admitted this!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #45
I X I Shock I

Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
So true. And it isn't like the vehicles in GTAIV handled like a dream. They slid EVERYWHERE (especially the bikes).
Beats GTA IV handling. Some cars acted like they lacked a steering wheel. 'Im just gonna take this corner.. Oh, no I won't.. Ill take the next one then! Oh, still won't turn'

Gamerscore:
25000 ~ 'Principessa in Another Castello', Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, 02/13/11
50000 ~
75000 ~
Old 09-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #46
Vulture

ExitT0ExisT's Gamercard
GTAV does have suprisingly okay graphics however as the poster said, the amount of jaggies (because of the non-existent anti-aliasing) makes the game look really bad while you play it.
Vulture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #47
OxGOODxAPOLLO

OxGOODxAPOLLO's Gamercard
hold up!!!

calm ur tits people this game has hours of gameplay so if ur saying ur going to fast and it doesn't look as good as you want it to remember..1. this is an open world game when has a console version open world game of this size actual not had problems when ur moving fast 2. Rockstar will eventually do something because if it took them this much time to make it and that amount of money..they want people to buy and enjoy there game. 3. if ur worried about it lagging or not looking smooth or have top notch graphics just play the game slower....also i dont even have the game yet (like most people) so why are u complaining about a game that most people don't even have yet?
OxGOODxAPOLLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #48
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigor View Post
Gotta love TA for tracking pirates who claim some store near them is selling early.
Yes, because EVERYBODY playing the game early and saying that a store sold early is a pirate.

At least one local EB Games store has sold 3 copies already. Damn, them be pirates!

iBuzz7S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #49
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Daily reminder:
Everyone who says that the graphics suck or lacks details should consider that we are playing on 8 year old hardware. And it's pretty impressive if you ask me. I'm okay with slightly polished GTA IV graphics. To me a fluent gameplay with little to no lags is more important than better graphics and 5fps.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #50
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

THERE'S A TROLL IN THE DUNGEON

I thought you outta know /feint
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #51
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Daily reminder:
Everyone who says that the graphics suck or lacks details should consider that we are playing on 8 year old hardware. And it's pretty impressive if you ask me. I'm okay with slightly polished GTA IV graphics. To me a fluent gameplay with little to no lags is more important than better graphics and 5fps.
Totally agree. IV looks pretty damn good, and even looks decent today for a 5+ year old game. V graphics from what I've seen so far look hugely improved, and more realistic than ever. Don't understand what more people want.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:51 AM   #52
I X I Shock I

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzz7S View Post

At least one local EB Games store has sold 3 copies already. Damn, them be pirates!
Better hope corporate doesn't find out, I smell a change of management/employees. I know for a fact they don't tolerate that one bit, and with it being R*, expect tolerances to be even lower.

Gamerscore:
50000 ~
75000 ~
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 AM   #53
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Totally agree. IV looks pretty damn good, and even looks decent today for a 5+ year old game. V graphics from what I've seen so far look hugely improved, and more realistic than ever. Don't understand what more people want.
IV is pretty bad even for anything around its time, the PC version is no better either (playing it literally right now) with mods to update textures and even then. I'm not saying V is bad at all, from what i've seen it looks great but you are in a very small minority if you say IV looks good.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Old 09-15-2013, 03:03 AM   #54
xXmyxxmastaXx

i agree though this is coming from 2005 hardware so calm down
Old 09-15-2013, 03:20 AM   #55
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Quote:
i agree though this is coming from 2005 hardware so calm down
If that was at me, PC hardware is not 2005 and the version for the PC took months to come out after, nothing was fixed though, textures were no better. I even stated that compared to things at the time (by which i implied other games on the same console, sorry figured that was obvious) it was bad.

I loved GTA IV, i am playing it as i write this, ok its paused right now but once i hit submit thats what im doing again. PC, with mods to improve textures and really not any huge great thing. Picked it up in the steam sale and as the acheivements apply to my gamertag, why not

But saying its gfx at the time were good when there was alot better out is something different, i respect that its a big game and also open world but this simply was not the case, bugs, glitches were just to big. I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan so i know how big things can get and i know how easy it si for bugs to get missed, this wasnt the case, this was simply framerate and gfx issues throughout most of it. It played fine so to speak, but drops and glitches were quite obvious. No game is perfect, but this had big issues at lauch, some were fixed in later patches, others not at all. Google it, ignore the muppets but there is legitimate responses that detail things that could of or should be fixed, alot still not fixed to this day.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Old 09-15-2013, 04:44 AM   #56
WogMatt26

II TH3PRO II's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post
If that was at me, PC hardware is not 2005 and the version for the PC took months to come out after, nothing was fixed though, textures were no better. I even stated that compared to things at the time (by which i implied other games on the same console, sorry figured that was obvious) it was bad.

I loved GTA IV, i am playing it as i write this, ok its paused right now but once i hit submit thats what im doing again. PC, with mods to improve textures and really not any huge great thing. Picked it up in the steam sale and as the acheivements apply to my gamertag, why not

But saying its gfx at the time were good when there was alot better out is something different, i respect that its a big game and also open world but this simply was not the case, bugs, glitches were just to big. I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan so i know how big things can get and i know how easy it si for bugs to get missed, this wasnt the case, this was simply framerate and gfx issues throughout most of it. It played fine so to speak, but drops and glitches were quite obvious. No game is perfect, but this had big issues at lauch, some were fixed in later patches, others not at all. Google it, ignore the muppets but there is legitimate responses that detail things that could of or should be fixed, alot still not fixed to this day.
You're saying the GTA IV looked the same as Xbox...?
Maybe if you were playing on low at 1024x769 reso.
Playing 4 at 1920x1080 Ultra and it looks grand spanking.
GTA 4 on xbox lagged like a motherfu****.
WogMatt26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:22 AM   #57
xXmyxxmastaXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerchronic View Post

it wasnt directed at you, im saying that GTAV is running on 2005 xbox technology, shit
Old 09-15-2013, 06:39 AM   #58
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
I don't care. let e get my hands on it!

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:49 AM   #59
Ethiebeefy

Ethiebeefy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
I don't care. let e get my hands on it!
THIS. This day is going really slow..
Old 09-15-2013, 10:56 PM   #60
MythJay

MythJay's Gamercard
I just had to post here after reading people telling OP to shut up moaning etc yet they're moaning about him moaning hypocrites i tell ya and yea everyone calling everyone thieves yea because im sure EVERYONE who has it early must of downloaded it because NO ONE HAS THE ORIGINAL early hell ROckstar must of leaked the version online huh anyway

OP maybe the graphics look laggy because your lens(or who's ever lens) is having problems keeping up with loading the graphics? try installing 2nd disk to hard drive as well see if that plays any better (yes i know disk 1 installs to hdd) maybe let us know how that goes

btw i aint moaning about people moaning about people moaning :P
MythJay is offline   Reply With Quote