PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #61
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
I believe they are transgender. She's been making reviews for that site forever.
HAHAH same thoughts here!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:10 PM   #62
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Indeed, and they're both 2013 titles which makes you think what a year in gaming it is so far.
Between these two titles and The Last of Us, it'll be hard determining which game wins GOTY. Each wins by a longshot in a different department, be it gameplay, story, etc. So I'm eager for the VGA's this December

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:14 PM   #63
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Between these two titles and The Last of Us, it'll be hard determining which game wins GOTY. Each wins by a longshot in a different department, be it gameplay, story, etc. So I'm eager for the VGA's this December
i havent played the last of us, but i heard its a great game. its on my rental list. but its definetly a battle between the last of us and gta5 for game of the year!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:16 PM   #64
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
As amazing as this game looks, it's hard to believe a GTA game will ever reach GOTY status purely because it's GTA.

Currently Playing: Destiny!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:18 PM   #65
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
i havent played the last of us, but i heard its a great game. its on my rental list. but its definetly a battle between the last of us and gta5 for game of the year!
I haven't played it myself either, but I went over my sister's boyfriend's house last week and his brother is about my age. So we crashed there and I just wanted to witness a playthrough of the game. It's fantastic. A lot of my friends say it's a little overrated but I thought the story was phenomenal.

Old 09-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #66
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I just finished reading the Escapist review. The reviewer lost all credibility with me in their argument when I stumbled across the "word" ginormous. You expect me to take seriously or respect that kind of journalism? Fuck off.

Quote:
It's been a hell of a year for games so far and we're not done. Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us and even without playing it yet, Grand Theft Auto V are all more than worthy contenders for the title. It's going to come down to a case by case opinion and even then I'm torn. While I haven't seen the story unfold yet for GTA V I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what I'm in store for. I prefer the kind of stories the other two games I mentioned have to offer more usually but the technical achievement that GTA V seems to be this late in the console generation might be enough to get my vote.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #67
Derpityderpdurp

DERPITYDERPDURP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
If you've never heard of the escapist until today then you are the one with the issue, not them.
Actually I got better things to do in life then look at reviews I'm sure u have all the time (no girlfriend I assume). Tho seeing as u think I have issues because I never heard of such a pathethic game reviewer or whatever the fuck they are. Lol this guy thinks I have problems when I'm living life and he's in the house playing video games 24/7 whatever floats your boat dude

Last edited by Derpityderpdurp; 09-16-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Derpityderpdurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #68
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
It's been a hell of a year for games so far and we're not done. Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us and even without playing it yet, Grand Theft Auto V are all more than worthy contenders for the title. It's going to come down to a case by case opinion and even then I'm torn. While I haven't seen the story unfold yet for GTA V I feel like I have a pretty good idea of what I'm in store for. I prefer the kind of stories the other two games I mentioned have to offer more usually but the technical achievement that GTA V seems to be this late in the console generation might be enough to get my vote.
Now that I've played the other two, I can finally make my mind up in which gets my vote this year. Without playing GTA V, The Last of Us gets my vote. But the immersion, technical achievement you mention, and "easy-to-play" factor that GTA has over the other two games, well...it might go Rockstar's way this year.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #69
a fat turkey

a fat turkey's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpityderpdurp View Post
Actually I got better things to do in life then look at reviews I'm sure u have all the time (no girlfriend I assume). Tho seeing as u think I have issues because I never heard of such a pathethic game reviewer or whatever the fuck they are. Lol this guy thinks I have problems when I'm living life and he's in the house playing video games 24/7 whatever floats your boat dude
Your name suits you well. And knowing a video game reviewer doesn't make you a "no-life".

I'm not surprised to see GTAV receive a 100/100 here, although it is definitely higher than what I would probably give it (I may be wrong, however). I'll see how it holds up to that perfect score tomorrow when I pick it up finally. Shame we have to wait an extra 2 weeks though for the online portion of the game. Playing that with friends is really the thing I'm looking forward to the most with this game (not all too interested in the story to the game. It's pretty much always the same thing).
a fat turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #70
WalterWhite

Quote:
Now that I've played the other two, I can finally make my mind up in which gets my vote this year. Without playing GTA V, The Last of Us gets my vote. But the immersion, technical achievement you mention, and "easy-to-play" factor that GTA has over the other two games, well...it might go Rockstar's way this year.
There's no wrong choice amongst the three. You have a PS3? Because I need some friends yo.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-17-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #71
Derpityderpdurp

DERPITYDERPDURP's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by a fat turkey View Post
Your name suits you well. And knowing a video game reviewer doesn't make you a "no-life".

I'm not surprised to see GTAV receive a 100/100 here, although it is definitely higher than what I would probably give it (I may be wrong, however). I'll see how it holds up to that perfect score tomorrow when I pick it up finally. Shame we have to wait an extra 2 weeks though for the online portion of the game. Playing that with friends is really the thing I'm looking forward to the most with this game (not all too interested in the story to the game. It's pretty much always the same thing).
And your name suits u perfectly a fat fuck who does nothing by play games all day anyways I'm not trying to start a war with u keyboard warriors and I'm off to enjoy my life before gta v takes over so yea reply if y'all want but I'm done writing time to go get some p**sy
Derpityderpdurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:46 PM   #72
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
So I have no girlfriend and I stay indoors playing video games 24/7? What colours my hair? Ginger? I'm pretty fat too, right? I suppose i'm acne riddled aswell. With such original fighting talk i'm pretty upset that you have nothing to say about my mum to be honest.

I very much doubt i'd swap lives with you, friend.

If you haven't heard of the escapist then it means you have also never heard of Extra Credits, or Zero Punctuation. That makes you someone whose opinion I doubt i'm ever really going to pay too much attention to. That, and the fact that you start sentences with lol, and criticise people in a review thread for actually reading reviews.

Last edited by Rivercurse; 09-16-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:48 PM   #73
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
So I have no girlfriend and I stay indoors playing video games 24/7? What colours my hair? Ginger? I'm pretty fat too, right? I suppose i'm acne riddled aswell. With such original fighting talk i'm pretty upset that you have nothing to say about my mum to be honest.

I very much doubt i'd swap lives with you, friend.

If you haven't heard of the escapist then it means you have also never heard of Extra Credits, or Zero Punctuation. That makes you someone whose opinion I doubt i'm ever really going to pay too much attention to. That, and the fact that you start sentences with lol, and criticise people in a review thread for actually reading reviews.
I don't know River, I'm starting to think not having a girlfriend and staying indoors playing video games 24/7 sounds pretty awesome and not so much like an insult, but rather a vacation.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-16-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #74
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Can you stop quoting me until ive finished editing please? thanks

Edit

Quote:
I'm off to enjoy my life before gta v takes over so yea reply if y'all want but I'm done writing time to go get some p**sy
Sorry, I just can't let this contradiction go without a quote either.

Last edited by Rivercurse; 09-16-2013 at 10:52 PM.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:06 PM   #75
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abosskilla View Post
God this site has so many childish people this is actually amusing. Fight on you silly kids and make me laugh gawddammit
I was gonna respond to this but my eighty-two friends and I who all hate video games are going out to get some P-asterisk-asterisk-U-S-S-Y before we head to the midnight release. Because that's how lifers roll.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #76
Redemption Mode

Makaveli x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Question A Perfect Score? Really?

Wow, a perfect score. I did not see that coming...

Anyone know what was X360A's last "perfect game"?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #77
Barad
Super Fun Time

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption Mode View Post
Wow, a perfect score. I did not see that coming...

Anyone know what was X360A's last "perfect game"?
Bioshock Infinite is the only other game to get a score of 100 on this site. GTA IV was the highest for years with a score of 98. No surprises here though.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 PM   #78
H0p3sfalL
Ch Ch Ch Cherry Bomb!

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Happy the wait is finally over
Old 09-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #79
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
I was gonna respond to this but my eighty-two friends and I who all hate video games are going out to get some P-asterisk-asterisk-U-S-S-Y before we head to the midnight release. Because that's how lifers roll.
What a loser. I'm out of here. Gonna go get some poon (do people still use this word?) before I have a 20-hour Harry Potter book reading marathon, because that's how lifers roll.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #80
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
What a loser. I'm out of here. Gonna go get some poon (do people still use this word?) before I have a 20-hour Harry Potter book reading marathon, because that's how lifers roll.
I see your Harry Potter marathon and raise you an all-dude Twilight saga sleepover. The audio book version of course because real lifers don't read books, we burn them to light our bongs with. Someone pass me another Mike's Hard Lemonade.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #81
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
There's no wrong choice amongst the three. You have a PS3? Because I need some friends yo.
Unfortunately not, my friend. Played the game on a PS3 over family's house!

Quote:
Bioshock Infinite is the only other game to get a score of 100 on this site. GTA IV was the highest for years with a score of 98. No surprises here though.
Fallout 3 & Batman Arkham City are up there with 96's.

And Skyrim was a 99

Last edited by BiggD; 09-16-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #82
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
And your name suits u perfectly a fat fuck who does nothing by play games all day anyways I'm not trying to start a war with u keyboard warriors and I'm off to enjoy my life before gta v takes over so yea reply if y'all want but I'm done writing time to go get some p**sy
Come on...who ever wins any discussion acting like a child?

Quote:
I see your Harry Potter marathon and raise you an all-dude Twilight saga sleepover. The audio book version of course because real lifers don't read books, we burn them to light our bongs with. Someone pass me another Mike's Hard Lemonade.
What the hell?!?!? The only reason to watch Twilight is to hook up with a hottie.....so an all dude sleepover is gonna end badly.

Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #83
Barad
Super Fun Time

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Unfortunately not, my friend. Played the game on a PS3 over family's house!

Fallout 3 & Batman Arkham City are up there with 96's.

And Skyrim was a 99
Yupp for sure, yet I despise Skyrim ha!

Old 09-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #84
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yupp for sure, yet I despise Skyrim ha!
We...

We simply cannot be friends anymore </3

Old 09-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #85
Barad
Super Fun Time

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
We...

We simply cannot be friends anymore </3
Nah I was kidding. Skyrim is the best game ever..better than GTA V and anything to ever come out on anything, ever, on any planet, anywhere, ever. Like for real, yer know? Lol.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:47 PM   #86
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Nah I was kidding. Skyrim is the best game ever..better than GTA V and anything to ever come out on anything, ever, on any planet, anywhere, ever. Like for real, yer know? Lol.
LOL. Oh please, GTA V will trump future games for at least a decade!

Old 09-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #87
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I cannot wait for this game! I won't be able to play long tomorrow though because of work. Only game I can truthfully give a 100%, in my books, would be Skyrim, even though I have rated a few at 100% only in the heat of the moment.

Will it live up to my expectations to tie Skyrim's perfect score? I did not get into GTAIV and yet loved Skyrims predecessor Oblivion.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 AM   #88
MasterSparky

mastersparky's Gamercard
If my copy doesn't come in the post today imma strangling my cat!

MasterSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #89
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterSparky View Post
If my copy doesn't come in the post today imma strangling my cat!
Now what did Mr. Bigglesworth ever do to you, ehh?
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 AM   #90
gabwe

gabwe's Gamercard
Quote:
I've done last minute pre-orders on the Monday before a game releases a hundred times at Gamestop, never been turned down. Unless they exhaust their supply of extra copies, it's a non-issue. There was a guy in front of me in line a half hour ago when I went in to pay off my copy that was pre-ordering for tonight.
I also pre-ordered it today from Best Buy, lol. I wasn't sure about getting it at the first place, since I still have lots of unplayed games sitting on my shelf, and the next-gen is only 2 months away, and I know that I will say goodbye to any form of social life when BF4 releases, lol So, I wanted to be reasonable, and not add a very long and time-consuming game like GTA in this period. But finally, I sayed f*ck and decided to get it. And since I took this decision yesterday, why not snapping a 10$ pre-order credit from BB?

gabwe is offline   Reply With Quote