PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-16-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
The Dauntless

The Dauntless's Gamercard
All I want to know is are there any missable achievements.

Personally I do play some games just for achievements but this is certainly not one of those.

I want to play this game for fun first (for at least the first 100 hours or so), but it would be so annoying if I found that I had missed an achievement and it would probably ruin the game for me having to replay the story for hours just for that.

I don't even want to look at the list really so could anyone just let me if there are any missable achievements (and if so how do I not miss them - no spoilers please)

Thanks.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
All I can is wait for the achievement guide, it will explain in there if it is.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Don't quote me, but I don't believe so as all the story missions are repeatable and none of the other achivements looks missable as they're either medal related or collectables.

Again though, this isn't a confirmation, just a feeling after looking over the list.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #4
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdavies View Post
All I can is wait for the achievement guide, it will explain in there if it is.
Speaking of guides, why the hell isn't it up yet? The game releases tomorrow! Where the hell is Maka? Slacking off somewhere I bet. Someone get him on the horn and sort this mess out. Seven and a half hours until the game officially releases and there isn't even a well organized video guide for all of the collectibles yet? Something's fishy.
Old 09-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #5
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
Speaking of guides, why the hell isn't it up yet? The game releases tomorrow! Where the hell is Maka? Slacking off somewhere I bet. Someone get him on the horn and sort this mess out. Seven and a half hours until the game officially releases and there isn't even a well organized video guide for all of the collectibles yet? Something's fishy.
Lol the videos should've been up by now WHAT THE FACK.

None of the achievements look missable, but we'll know for sure in a couple of days.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:23 PM   #6
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
This is what I want know too. I cannot wait for put into this game over 100 hours playthrough depend how much time into missions, exploring, earn medals etc.... OD
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
B A R 4 D and I got you fellas.

We'll get the guide up by Thursday and let ya know if anything is missable.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Emerald   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hey, I never post guides early! But I'm not working on one, the whole project is much too large for me to do myself. BiggD and Bar4d are working on one together, and I will be making a thread to cover all collectibles within the game, and accompanying any video guides for achievements that might need them.

Hopefully I'll have most of the collectibles by sometime within 36 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Lol the videos should've been up by now WHAT THE FACK.

None of the achievements look missable, but we'll know for sure in a couple of days.
I don't think there are any that are missable. The only one I'm not sure of is "Kifflom!", and whether or not bail bond missions will keep showing up, or if there is a limited amount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
B A R 4 D and I got you fellas.

We'll get the guide up by Thursday and let ya know if anything is missable.
See above.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #9
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Hey, I never post guides early! But I'm not working on one, the whole project is much too large for me to do myself. BiggD and Bar4d are working on one together, and I will be making a thread to cover all collectibles within the game, and accompanying any video guides for achievements that might need them.

I don't think there are any that are missable. The only one I'm not sure of is "Kifflom!", and whether or not bail bond missions will keep showing up, or if there is a limited amount.

See above.
"Complete your path to enlightenment... or not." Don't have a single what this even means.

Old 09-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #10
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:

I'm a little disappointed you're leaving this monumental task to B A R 4 D, I didn't think he was a fan of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. I guess we'll have to give him a go at it and see what he comes up with.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #11
H0p3sfalL

ATT4Ck XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   x360a Representer   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Good luck on the guide fellas !
Old 09-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #12
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
I'm a little disappointed you're leaving this monumental task to B A R 4 D, I didn't think he was a fan of the Grand Theft Auto franchise. I guess we'll have to give him a go at it and see what he comes up with.
I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

What's a man gotta do to get noticed

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #13
Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Not fair, I mentioned I was too young to play the older games..

WHY WAS I CURSED WITH A BIRTH IN THE 90'S!!

I definitely played more than enough on IV to make up lost time on the others to be fair.
Quote:
I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight.

What's a man gotta do to get noticed
Always love for you homebro.

Last edited by Barad; 09-16-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #14
ACardAttack

Hopefully we will know soon if any are missable
ACardAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:42 AM   #15
Topboy13

Allied 8's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACardAttack View Post
Hopefully we will know soon if any are missable
There are no missable Cheevos as you can replay missions and get Cheevos in open world gameplay
Topboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #16
snipeye

snipeye 17's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dauntless View Post
Personally I do play games just for achievements.

it would be so annoying if I found that I had missed an achievement and it would probably ruin the game for me.

I don't even want to look at the list really so could anyone just let me if there are any missable achievements
you make me sick
snipeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #17
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Thanks for starting up the guides fellas. Mark I know I've used yours before and they are top notch. BAR4D I think I've used his guides too as the name sounds familar. Either way I know it's a monumental task and we all appreciate you for it

Glancing over the achievements, it doesn't seem any are missable, which is nice. Can just play how you want and go back and gather the remaining achievements at your leisure.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
skiscaraudio

BADGUYSKI's Gamercard
if i remember correctly there was a a mission that had to be done within a certain time limit or you didn't get the 100% without restarting on the last gta....please let that not be the case this time!

I was up late last night partying until 6 in the morning, naked and with complete strangers. That was one hell of an Xbox live party.

OIIIIIIIO
skiscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #19
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiscaraudio View Post
if i remember correctly there was a a mission that had to be done within a certain time limit or you didn't get the 100% without restarting on the last gta....please let that not be the case this time!
to get gold on missions i think they all require a time limit, but you dont have to complete the game in under 30 hours. and you can also replay missions if you diddnt get gold.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #20
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
Here's a question about blue dot missions, and one in the construction site.

spoiler - I don't know how to spoiler tag here - I failed the one where the guy says he's one day from retirement, pipes fall on him, and you need to use a bulldozer to move the pipes before his vehicle explodes. Well I was slow and he died for me.

end spoiler

Kotaku said this: "Also: the one involving the construction site appears to be one of the few things in the game that you can't re-try if you fail it. You've been warned!"

Can anybody confirm if this is needed for 100% or not? I failed this mission but would basically need to restart if a successful completion is needed.

Thanks!

Last edited by madmankevin; 09-17-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: spoiler tag didn't work
madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #21
Lavindathar

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Gold   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Apprentice   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Free Agents - Third Place   Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 30 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmankevin View Post

spoiler - I don't know how to spoiler tag here - I failed the one where the guy says he's one day from retirement, pipes fall on him, and you need to use a bulldozer to move the pipes before his vehicle explodes. Well I was slow and he died for me.

end spoiler

Kotaku said this: "Also: the one involving the construction site appears to be one of the few things in the game that you can't re-try if you fail it. You've been warned!"

Can anybody confirm if this is needed for 100% or not? I failed this mission but would basically need to restart if a successful completion is needed.

Thanks!
Oh dear. Confirmation is defo need here, and if ere is one like this, there may be more?
Last Achievement : 100 Times Too Many - Alien Isolation (Xbox One) - 5g
Last 100% Completion : Alien Isolation (1000g) (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and Audilicious for the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmankevin View Post

end spoiler

Thanks!
I'm pretty sure it is required as it's one of the random encounters. Can't say whether it will repop though. He escaped for me just in time but I fucking died so I've no idea if it counted or not.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
DaCameraMan

DaCameraMan's Gamercard
Quote:

See above.
Ok, good. I'll keep an eye out for the guide.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #24
skiscaraudio

BADGUYSKI's Gamercard
I resd this about the the construction one

Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
It won't because it's a random event. My Strategy guide says you only have to complete 14 out of the 57 or so random events. So don't worry.

Just like there are 127 missions and strangers missions but you only need 70 gold for chieve

I don't know if true as i don't have guide but i hope so

I was up late last night partying until 6 in the morning, naked and with complete strangers. That was one hell of an Xbox live party.

OIIIIIIIO

Last edited by skiscaraudio; 09-18-2013 at 02:44 PM.
skiscaraudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:40 PM   #25
Harrishun

KamikazeKillz's Gamercard
So, I noticed that people were saying it couldn't be repeated earlier today. I initially failed it with Michael as I died when I jumped out of the bulldozer. While playing tonight, I ran across it again, playing with Trevor. I'm sure that I hadn't gone back to a previous save, so I believe that it is replayable. I'm not sure whether being a different character matters.
Harrishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #26
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Sorry for being totally dumb (probably) but am I right in reading that as long as I select option C at the bit at the end, then none of the achievements are missable?

And what of those 6 that option C enables me to get, can I then go back and get those any time? Don't really want to follow a guide or anything, just want to enjoy it, but don't want to miss anything at the same time!

cheers,
James.

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #27
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
Sorry for being totally dumb (probably) but am I right in reading that as long as I select option C at the bit at the end, then none of the achievements are missable?

And what of those 6 that option C enables me to get, can I then go back and get those any time? Don't really want to follow a guide or anything, just want to enjoy it, but don't want to miss anything at the same time!

cheers,
James.
Not being mean, just for future reference it's frowned upon to bring this old of a thread back to life. You could ask a question like this in the achievement guide (stickied at the top of the forum).

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=540245

Taken from the guide:
Quote:
WARNING (POTENTIAL SPOILER): Towards the end of the game, Devin will arrive at Franklin's house and inform him on his next job. CHOOSE OPTION "C" or else you can miss the following achievements if you haven't already obtained them: TP Industries Arms Race, Red Mist, Kifflom!, Three Man Army, Altruist Acolyte, & Wanted: Alive or Alive.
To sum up; choose option C and nothing will be missable. You can go back and get all 6. So yes, you read correct. Just enjoy the game!

Last edited by Fishman; 01-06-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #28
Jamski

Send a message via MSN to Jamski Send a message via Skype™ to Jamski

jamski07's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman View Post
Not being mean, just for future reference it's frowned upon to bring this old of a thread back to life. You could ask a question like this in the achievement guide (stickied at the top of the forum).

http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...d.php?t=540245

Taken from the guide:

To sum up; choose option C and nothing will be missable. You can go back and get all 6. So yes, you read correct. Just enjoy the game!
Thanks.

As the thread wasn't locked and from reading through the original answer hadn't really been answered I thought I was safe. Oh well, at least I didn't start a new thread!

Daddy, husband, designer, gamer, geek

Jamski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:30 PM   #29
Fishman

Jfishman2007's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamski View Post
Thanks.

As the thread wasn't locked and from reading through the original answer hadn't really been answered I thought I was safe. Oh well, at least I didn't start a new thread!
Yeah, it's all good. Sometimes people get finicky when you "necro" a thread. It just clutters the forums up, as opposed to using a thread already there at the top of the forums and not buried and forgotten. Just wanted to give you a heads up. And you're right, much better than starting a new thread!

Enjoy the game and when you come across the chance to do an achievement, I would just knock it out so you don't have to think about it anymore. Like the capture a bounty alive, and if you come across the random event for "Altruist Acolyte." The random event you're looking for is playing as Trevor, and somebody who is drunk needs a ride home.
Fishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:38 PM   #30
XboxGuy40
Banned User

Ellerkermike40's Gamercard
I miss alot of them when play story mode and I beat the game alot of times.I think 50 achievements is too much for the game.
XboxGuy40 is offline   Reply With Quote