PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Pre order bonus question

Ok so I preordered with tesco last November for 25 and have just got off the phone with them about when it would be dispatched and delivered. Turns out they're dispatching on the 16th with 1st class Royal Mail for delivery the next day (highly doubt they'll manage that) anyway they said the preorder bonus will be coming with the game itself rather than by email.

So instead of waiting for the game to turn up late I was thinking of going to my local tesco at midnight and picking up a copy then returning the preordered copy to the store (unopened obviously) but will the blimp code come on a card outside the box or will all day one editions of the game have the code in?

I remember with red dead I got a seperate card but that may of been due to there being different bonus' for the different stores. Anyway what do you guys reckon, code in the box or in the parcel? Seems strange them not emailing it :/
Old 09-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #2
CrAzYnEsS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown View Post
Ok so I preordered with tesco last November for 25 and have just got off the phone with them about when it would be dispatched and delivered. Turns out they're dispatching on the 16th with 1st class Royal Mail for delivery the next day (highly doubt they'll manage that) anyway they said the preorder bonus will be coming with the game itself rather than by email.

So instead of waiting for the game to turn up late I was thinking of going to my local tesco at midnight and picking up a copy then returning the preordered copy to the store (unopened obviously) but will the blimp code come on a card outside the box or will all day one editions of the game have the code in?

I remember with red dead I got a seperate card but that may of been due to there being different bonus' for the different stores. Anyway what do you guys reckon, code in the box or in the parcel? Seems strange them not emailing it :/

I think most pre order codes come from the receipt now and not in the actual case of the game. Though some still do. When you get the game at the store just check to see if the code is on the receipt. If its not, then its obviously in the box. Don't think you would get the pre order code this quickly from email anyways. R* likes everything being released on the date its supposed to be.

Cheating doesn't qualify as skills, its just a poor
attempt for a newb to be a pro.

BTW-I kno some of the spelling on my posts, is incorrect, but im just too lazy to fix it srry. Also if n e of my posts have offended n e 1 in n e way, i apologize. PEACE

Last edited by CrAzYnEsS; 09-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
CrAzYnEsS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #3
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
well thats good news. i wasnt expecting there to be a pre order bonus from tesco. you got it for a great price too!

with shopto if its sent 1st class before 5.30pm it WILL come the next day (100% chance, at least with my purchases) but im not sure about tesco, it can also depend on where the warehouse is located.

and yeah, them emailing codes seems to be becoming a new thing. it happened with payday 2 lootbag DLC.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Maybe they will email it, wouldn't be the first time customer support didn't have a clue! I've never preordered from tesco before, everywhere else emails the codes nowadays I think but at 25 I had to go with tesco haha!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Sgt Slee

Send a message via Yahoo to Sgt Slee

Sgt Slee's Gamercard
There's a video going around of a guy opening an early copy and it showed the blimp pre-order on a card inside the case.
Sgt Slee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
So if I take a chance and buy the game at a store tomorrow that doesnt do preorders i might still get the blimp?

Last edited by Teslasnip; 09-16-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslasnip View Post
So if I take a chance and buy the game at a store tomorrow that doesnt do preorders i might still get the blimp?
not likely.

by the looks of it the codes are sent via email. but if you buy it from store it wont come in the box.

thats what i think anyway

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
not likely.

by the looks of it the codes are sent via email. but if you buy it from store it wont come in the box.

thats what i think anyway
No, I've seen video of the Blimp code being on a card inside the game case.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #9
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
No, I've seen video of the Blimp code being on a card inside the game case.
thats good then. with some retailers /games they email you a code

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #10
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
Just opened my copy and the blimp code was in there! Seems like it's more of a day one thing than a pre-order only.
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote