PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #91
Viper187

NoLifeDGenerate's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
If anyone is looking to install the game onto a USB flash drive, here is a good and cheap one:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer 16 GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ36-016G-AFFP): Electronics
What is it with everyone and Sandisk? They don't even state the speed of the device, far as I saw. Get sometihng that's definitely 30MB/sec read. Seems to be the max for USB 2.0 drives.

Seriously 2.0 and 3.0

Xbox One dis-Kinected 6/9/14. Let that be a lesson to people. Vote with your wallet.
Viper187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #92
Cragza

Cragza's Gamercard
Im just going to install them anyways, I'm sure a few pop ins won't do any harm!
Cragza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 11:46 AM   #93
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
This thread still going on!? Man I'm playing for 10h+ now and have 12+ mission on GOLD and still no freezing, crashing or performance problems with two installed discs on my HDD...

Stop fooling around guys and play the damn game...
Old 09-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #94
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
This thread still going on!? Man I'm playing for 10h+ now and have 12+ mission on GOLD and still no freezing, crashing or performance problems with two installed discs on my HDD...

Stop fooling around guys and play the damn game...
That's good to hear, I guess I can install both without a worry then. None of that USB shit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggnogga View Post
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #95
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
8GB needed to install, I only have 6GB free.

Since I'm trading in Saints Row The Third and Assassins Creed 3, that should free up enough space (I hope).
Old 09-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #96
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
If anyone is looking to install the game onto a USB flash drive, here is a good and cheap one:

Amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer 16 GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ36-016G-AFFP): Electronics
that's the one i have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
People are still worrying about the disc installations?

Silly people.
only because rockstar came out and told us about the disc issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacenLooKell View Post
Put it in your xbox and try to format it afterwards the xbox will tell you if the usb flash drive is compatible.

ok cheers, i have done the format and it says it's compatible so i think im good to go.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #97
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
IT'S FINALLY HERE! And I'm installing...... ..... ....... ..... ....... ....... . .......

Quote:
Quote:
Bungie made a game where the most memorable thing about it is the constant spawning of enemies in front a small cave where people would stand and shoot endlessly.
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 09-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #98
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Is it fine to use the front USB or better for the rear? I was told I need a extention cable for the rear
Old 09-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #99
jpg30

jpg30's Gamercard
installed my 2nd disc to my usb stick at the front of the console and no problems, the game is fine now, no noise.

i was tempted to actually install to the main HDD to see any difference but i don't think i'll tempt fate.
jpg30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #100
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Is this one good?
Amazon.com : Kingston Digital DataTraveler Generation 3 - 16 GB Flash Drive DTIG3/16GBZET : Usb Flash Drives : Electronics Amazon.com : Kingston Digital DataTraveler Generation 3 - 16 GB Flash Drive DTIG3/16GBZET : Usb Flash Drives : Electronics
Was told its good but better to use the rear port but this don't fit in the rear port without a extention cable. Is the sandisk one better?

Last edited by leprekon; 09-17-2013 at 02:41 PM.
leprekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #101
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
i actually had a sandisk cruzer glide usb layin around my apartment but when i put it in the xbox, it formatted but then told me that it does not meet xbox360 performance recommendations or something to that nature

i am downloading the play disc to the usb now but should i be worried about the warning message i got?
Old 09-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #102
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wexsuvslim View Post
i actually had a sandisk cruzer glide usb layin around my apartment but when i put it in the xbox, it formatted but then told me that it does not meet xbox360 performance recommendations or something to that nature

i am downloading the play disc to the usb now but should i be worried about the warning message i got?
Sometimes you get those messages and it doesn't matter. Other times the USB is really really slow. If the device is USB 2.0 compliant, you're probably fine, and with that particular USB, I think you'll probably be fine.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #103
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
Sometimes you get those messages and it doesn't matter. Other times the USB is really really slow. If the device is USB 2.0 compliant, you're probably fine, and with that particular USB, I think you'll probably be fine.
thanks for the reply
my brother has a compatible usb stick that he will give me next time i see him

it's not a huge deal either way, i am just annoyed by the noise the xbox makes when it's reading the game from the actual disc, sounds like the damn machine is posessed
Old 09-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #104
wolfzero01

wolfzero01's Gamercard
I've only installed the first disk, and the noise from my Xbox isn't that bad since I've got the slim one and have the volume on my home theater system turned up enough that its not a problem. If I were to install the 'play' disc would the load time be any faster?
wolfzero01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #105
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfzero01 View Post
I've only installed the first disk, and the noise from my Xbox isn't that bad since I've got the slim one and have the volume on my home theater system turned up enough that its not a problem. If I were to install the 'play' disc would the load time be any faster?
It'd be minimal I'd say.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:14 AM   #106
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Barad XBA's Gamercard

I played a few hours without installing disk 2 today, then decided to install it. I think I'm going to keep it this way. I'm pretty sure the human eye can't even see the different this makes, and a quieter Xbox is nice.

Quote:
Quote:
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 AM   #107
ss4goku2425

SS4GOKU2425's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
If they haven't given a reason, I'm still going to install both discs. -_-
i have and haven't had any issues.
ss4goku2425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #108
flake

xXFlakeXx's Gamercard
I had both installed on HDD and had a lot of pop ups during fast driving and movie parts.. uninstalled the play disc and had no problems what so ever..I think it's only a problem with older 360's mines a original ..My son has newer 360 and has both installed and has not had any problems..
Old 09-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #109
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I played a few hours without installing disk 2 today, then decided to install it. I think I'm going to keep it this way. I'm pretty sure the human eye can't even see the different this makes, and a quieter Xbox is nice.
What size TV do you play on? I'm curious because I'm sure any teeny flaws would be slightly more visible on a bigger set. Though definitely minimal at best.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #110
Barad
I wear legendary boxers

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
What size TV do you play on? I'm curious because I'm sure any teeny flaws would be slightly more visible on a bigger set. Though definitely minimal at best.
Mines only a 24" so I guess you have a point there.

Quote:
Quote:
R.I.P. Loot Cave

Old 09-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #111
HitmanHTC

RNX Lockdown's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't want my 360 making too much noise, but I don't want to have persistent lag for the pop-ins/ups. And who knows if I can find an 8GB flashdrive around my house.
You need a 16gb flash drive btw, it wont fit on the 8gb after it is formatted for xbox storage.

Completions:
Retail 1000+ - 92
Arcade 200+ - 10

www.twitter.com/hchesterton Follow for follow back.

Part of x360a's Ubisoft GR:FS event team
HitmanHTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #112
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
I noticed a few pop ins and only had the first disc installed and playing from the disc. I'm gonna install on USB tonight now its out for delivery today