PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
BrannIsLeet

Anyone notice horrible pop in issue

Picked up the game last night and have been having horrible pop in issue's. Anytime I'm driving through Los Santos at a fast speed, garbage cans, traffic lights, mail boxes, and even whole buildings will just suddenly appear out of nowhere. I've read mutiple fourms about R* saying to not install the "play" disc on the HDD and I haven't, I did however read if you install it on a USB that it can help with the pop ins... Just bought one today and still no luck. Getting really annoyed with this. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone can offer any advice on what to do.

Thanks
BrannIsLeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Do you have both discs installed? If you install the 'Play' disc, then it can't load all necessary info from the HDD fast enough and things get choppier. Try running it from the disc, or using a USB drive to hold the 'Play' disc data.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #3
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
i havent, but when you drove really fast on gta4 this happened.

and im yet to drive really fast in gta5..

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
BrannIsLeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
Do you have both discs installed? If you install the 'Play' disc, then it can't load all necessary info from the HDD fast enough and things get choppier. Try running it from the disc, or using a USB drive to hold the 'Play' disc data.
Yes i have, but earlier last night when i first got it. I only installed it the "install" disc to my HDD. Now I have the "install" still on the HDD and the "play" on a Usb jumpdrive i just bought today to try and fix the pop in issues.
Old 09-17-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Yeah I didn't install the disc and the first cutscene was fucking atrocious. Stuff just randomly appearing on the screen. It happens all the time and I've never seen it this bad in any game. Sometimes I'll be driving and a sign will just appear and I'll hit it.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
DAnDaRk11

DAnDaRk11's Gamercard
I have installed both discs and it is running really well. I did notice some pop-in during the opening credits but nothing since then.
DAnDaRk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 24 (more» ...)
Also installed both discs, I've tried driving moderately fast on the highway but the game has been consistent so far.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannIsLeet View Post
Picked up the game last night and have been having horrible pop in issue's. Anytime I'm driving through Los Santos at a fast speed, garbage cans, traffic lights, mail boxes, and even whole buildings will just suddenly appear out of nowhere. I've read mutiple fourms about R* saying to not install the "play" disc on the HDD and I haven't, I did however read if you install it on a USB that it can help with the pop ins... Just bought one today and still no luck. Getting really annoyed with this. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this issue and if anyone can offer any advice on what to do.

Thanks
Try buying it on PC. The 360 is eight years old and only has 512MB of RAM.

It's not a magic box, it's a piece of electronic equipment. A PC from eight years ago won't even meet the minimum requirements of the PC version.

---

That being said ... I am not having nearly as bad issues with pop-ins or framerate drops EXCEPT when I'm at high speeds (which is pretty much how it was in GTA IV).

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
BrannIsLeet

I keep messing around with it and it's awful. Driving moderatly fast through the city and the whole map disappears. Really dissapointed in this, thought it was going to be a awesome way to end this current generation of consoles. But I am far from impressed.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #10
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrannIsLeet View Post
thought it was going to be a awesome way to end this current generation of consoles. But I am far from impressed.
I think it's perfect. The game is extremely fun, but it shows us that an upgrade to new hardware is most definitely necessary.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:57 PM   #11
AshBashhXD

AshBashh xD's Gamercard
My brother and I are having real bad issues too. (Two different copies on two different consoles) - Characters going invisible, textures not loading, items and cars spawning randomly. A car randomly drove straight through a a building while I was going down a side road and hit me from the side (With no driver inside also) and jumping/walking through 'solid' walls and getting stuck in an underground car park and having to quit and reload.

I was expecting a lot better than this considering the amount of 10/10 reviews it got. - And no I don't have the "play" disc installed.
AshBashhXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:21 PM   #12
km16

JBOND88's Gamercard
I've been playing all night since 12:45am, slept for two hours, many missions in and have no issues except when in jets. Minor things here and there when in an incredibly fast car but nothing to gripe over here, and I have only the install disc installed.
Games I've Maxed Chievo's (17) -- COD4, Modern Warfare 2, L.A. Noire, Portal: Still Alive, Portal 2, Assassin's Creed, Assassin's Creed II, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Batman: Arkham Asylum, 007: Quantum Of Solace, Fable II, Tomb Raider: Legend, Lara Croft: Guardian Of Light, Bastion, Dead Rising: Case Zero & The Walking Dead.
km16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
BrannIsLeet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshBashhXD View Post
My brother and I are having real bad issues too. (Two different copies on two different consoles) - Characters going invisible, textures not loading, items and cars spawning randomly. A car randomly drove straight through a a building while I was going down a side road and hit me from the side (With no driver inside also) and jumping/walking through 'solid' walls and getting stuck in an underground car park and having to quit and reload.

I was expecting a lot better than this considering the amount of 10/10 reviews it got. - And no I don't have the "play" disc installed.
Well I'm glad it's not only me, hopefully they will release a patch to help with the issues that are going on.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #14
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Pretty much no issues so far. Install disc installed on my HDD, and Play disc installed on my USB stick. I've had no slowdown, no issues with the framerate and very, very minor pop-up. Are you guys sure your consoles aren't knackered?
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #15
JelmerF

jelmerf's Gamercard
I have both discs installed, and only see an occasional popup in the distance. Especially when I fast travel with a cab. Also some textures need a second to sharpen out a bit sometimes.

Could there be a difference with later models of the xbox 360? I have a slim model, maybe that hard drive is a bit faster then older/earlier models? Just a theory.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #16
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

So I guess Rockstar was dumb to tell us not to install?

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-17-2013, 07:10 PM   #17
PROGamer83

PROGamer83's Gamercard
Y I had some samething happen to me . Just something they are going to patch up but no biggie. stiil having a blast with the game!!!
PROGamer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #18
Aceman417

Aceman417's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
So I guess Rockstar was dumb to tell us not to install?
You can't really say that. They probably had some issues while playing the game with both discs installed, and decided it was better to warn people not to do it, rather than coming out in 3 weeks time and saying 'oh yeah, we should have warned you not to install both discs'. It is basically just saving their arses.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
bfmv lfc

Mr Evil Donkey's Gamercard
I had the same issue. I found it has nothing to do with the game but it was my xbox. After switching to my 360 slim it has worked fine for me.
bfmv lfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:38 PM   #20
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
Try buying it on PC. The 360 is eight years old and only has 512MB of RAM.

It's not a magic box, it's a piece of electronic equipment. A PC from eight years ago won't even meet the minimum requirements of the PC version.

---

That being said ... I am not having nearly as bad issues with pop-ins or framerate drops EXCEPT when I'm at high speeds (which is pretty much how it was in GTA IV).
First off, you are an idiot. People that buy it for consoles either don't own a high end gaming rig or would rather play games with friends that own it on consoles. The whole buy it for PC comment is simply an attempt to troll. Secondly, it is idiotic for you to compare this game running on an 8 year old PC to the Xbox. Just because the xbox hardware is 8 years old, the game (like every other game) has seperate builds for every console, PC included. This allows devs to ensure that their game runs as smoothly as possible on all systems. The reason an 8 year old PC can barely run it is because the PC version is built for new PCs in mind.
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
First off, you are an idiot. People that buy it for consoles either don't own a high end gaming rig or would rather play games with friends that own it on consoles. The whole buy it for PC comment is simply an attempt to troll. Secondly, it is idiotic for you to compare this game running on an 8 year old PC to the Xbox. Just because the xbox hardware is 8 years old, the game (like every other game) has seperate builds for every console, PC included. This allows devs to ensure that their game runs as smoothly as possible on all systems. The reason an 8 year old PC can barely run it is because the PC version is built for new PCs in mind.
LMAO ... you do realize this game isn't available on PC right?

I was making a joke. /facepalm

Old 09-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #22
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Seems like the game is really variable in performance. Works fine for me.

To the installers of the 'install' disk, did you open the disk and install from there? Because it doesn't load a single 8 gig file (4 files around 2 gigs each instead), so I think it's a different process than installing it from the dashboard.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #23
IllMattIc

IllMattIc 82's Gamercard
I have seen some pop in but it's not unbearable.
IllMattIc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #24
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
DVD and HDD and im playing to much to wait for the play disc to install to a usb, zero popups even at speed and im picky about this stuff...
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:16 AM   #25
xI VARSITY

oDAZZLAo's Gamercard
I have had next to NO ISSUES with GTA V. but then again, I don't have a crappy xbox slim...
Old 09-18-2013, 02:01 AM   #26
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
This is why we need a next-gen version, and a next-gen console that doesn't suck and that has backwards compatibility.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:07 AM   #27
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
What hardware version are people having problems with. Still deciding whether to go PS3 or 360 on this. I have a 250gb Slim 360 from 2010.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:15 AM   #28
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robobeast76 View Post
What hardware version are people having problems with. Still deciding whether to go PS3 or 360 on this. I have a 250gb Slim 360 from 2010.
It's not matter of one version of hardware or another. My friend has a brand new slim 250gb (probably like yours) and he has the same game performance as I do, and I have an original white 360 that never RRoD'd.

The performance on PS3 is probably slightly better. If controller differences and playing online on PS3 vs. playing online on 360 doesn't make a difference to you, then you might want to go with PS3.

Honestly, I was watching the game being played on PS3 at the store at midnight release, and I think it looks the same. It still has the same pop-in and framerate issues at high speeds.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #29
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
Honestly, I was watching the game being played on PS3 at the store at midnight release, and I think it looks the same. It still has the same pop-in and framerate issues at high speeds.
Thanks - that's good advice. Can't wait for PS4 and XB1 due to these issues - just wish this game was confirmed for next gen.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #30
BrannIsLeet

Just a quick update on my b**** yesterday. I have read all of your posts and decided to switch my "install" disc from from HDD to my USB and can say that the game is running much smoother now. It may be because i have one of the very first xbox's with the 20gb HDD maybe it's just not fast enough for all the info in GTA V. ANYWAY thanks for your help everyone. Happy jacking