PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #61
Quid Squid

elKamikazeSquid's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As long as you bring any random encounter to the cannibals Altruist Acolyte will pop.

I got Trevor and completed his very first mission, then saw a blue dot (random encounter). It was a drunk couple asking me to take them to their motel so they could have sex. Instead of taking them to the hotel I took them to the cannibal camp and the achievement popped.
Quid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:55 PM   #62
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quid Squid View Post
As long as you bring any random encounter to the cannibals Altruist Acolyte will pop.

I got Trevor and completed his very first mission, then saw a blue dot (random encounter). It was a drunk couple asking me to take them to their motel so they could have sex. Instead of taking them to the hotel I took them to the cannibal camp and the achievement popped.
Hmm, really? Alright, let me change up the achievement description then. Thanks for confirmation, man.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #63
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Guide is looking good! Currently installing the second disc to my new USB flash drive and then I get to play some more GTA V.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #64
Quid Squid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Hmm, really? Alright, let me change up the achievement description then. Thanks for confirmation, man.
no problem. also wanted to add that the Altruist Acolyte symbol did pop up as soon as I picked them up.

Not sure, but this could also make it less missable? I assume the random encounters would keep popping up even after the story is finished?
Old 09-18-2013, 11:15 PM   #65
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Guide is looking good! Currently installing the second disc to my new USB flash drive and then I get to play some more GTA V.
YAY!!!!

Quote:
no problem. also wanted to add that the Altruist Acolyte symbol did pop up as soon as I picked them up.

Not sure, but this could also make it less missable? I assume the random encounters would keep popping up even after the story is finished?
Oh okay, so as long as Ron has emailed you about the Altruist Camp, whoever gets into your car will trigger the Camp symbol on the map then?

If this is the case, the achievement might not be missable, but I'm not sure. Because the Strategy Guide says there are only 4 "Hitch Lift" encounters and 2 "Drunk Driver" encounters. So that means maybe you only have 6 times to try to get it?

Old 09-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #66
Quid Squid

Quote:
YAY!!!!

Oh okay, so as long as Ron has emailed you about the Altruist Camp, whoever gets into your car will trigger the Camp symbol on the map then?

If this is the case, the achievement might not be missable, but I'm not sure. Because the Strategy Guide says there are only 4 "Hitch Lift" encounters and 2 "Drunk Driver" encounters. So that means maybe you only have 6 times to try to get it?
He emailed me as soon as I picked them up, I guess just picking them up triggers the email, waiting around might not be the trigger (if that makes any sense?) I've only had the 1 random encounter, so I can't say how many there are and if they repeat or are limited. I would suggest anyone going for it just take their first Trevor random encounter to the camp and they'll be fine.
Old 09-18-2013, 11:29 PM   #67
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
He emailed me as soon as I picked them up, I guess just picking them up triggers the email, waiting around might not be the trigger (if that makes any sense?) I've only had the 1 random encounter, so I can't say how many there are and if they repeat or are limited. I would suggest anyone going for it just take their first Trevor random encounter to the camp and they'll be fine.
Yeah, you're right about the triggering concept. I think there are only those 6 encounter where you're allowed to drive people and I don't think random encounters appear once you finish them. So I'll leave it as missable but people should know to get it done within those 6 encounters!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 PM   #68
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBodom View Post
am i missing something with los Santos customs? I bought something in each category on two cars?
Quote:
People are reporting this to be a bit odd in unlocking. I'm not sure if the license plate and paint job counts, but try those.

I am going for this achievement myself soon. If I find out what the problem is I will note it here.
Just to double confirm this. You have to buy 1 of everything. This includes primary/secondary paints and anything that has more than one options; e.g. wheels.

One of everything possible to buy, exit LSC garage and pop!
Old 09-19-2013, 12:21 AM   #69
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

With 'Three Man Army', I also found there are times you won't be able to do it. When I went for it, I was playing as Michael and just talked to Franklin, and when I called up Trevor to hang and then Franklin, the latter stated that we should focus on something else right now. Perhaps you have to wait until after all three meet as one? I'm not sure.

Also, with 'Trading Pure Alpha,' if you don't want to risk your money, there's a random event where a man's car has broken down and he needs you to rush him to the airport. When you get there, he will tell you to buy certain stocks because you're guaranteed to make money. It seems guaranteed that this will 100% net you some cash, though it isn't a big risk otherwise. Hope this helps anyone having troubles.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #70
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Also, with 'Trading Pure Alpha,' if you don't want to risk your money, there's a random event where a man's car has broken down and he needs you to rush him to the airport. When you get there, he will tell you to buy certain stocks because you're guaranteed to make money. It seems guaranteed that this will 100% net you some cash, though it isn't a big risk otherwise. Hope this helps anyone having troubles.
Also all the assassination missions will change the stock market. The easiest to remember is the Redwood Cigarettes one. Just invest in the other cigarette company.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #71
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Are the gun club challenges needed for anything other than improving gun skills?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #72
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Are the gun club challenges needed for anything other than improving gun skills?
You just need to participate/visit a Shooting Range once for it to count as the hobby/pastime requirement and that's it. Other than that, they don't do much other than improve stats.

Old 09-19-2013, 01:12 AM   #73
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
You just need to participate/visit a Shooting Range once for it to count as the hobby/pastime requirement and that's it. Other than that, they don't do much other than improve stats.
So, I don't have to earn all gold medals for the challenges?
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #74
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
I was curious about that, too, along with the flight school gold medals.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:16 AM   #75
Drazer76

Drazer76's Gamercard
For the cult drop off, if you drive a taxi as Trevor and pick up someone it shows then on the map.
Not missable.
Drazer76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #76
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Career Criminal 100
Attain 100% Game Completion.

In order to obtain full 100% completion in GTA V and unlock this achievement, you will need to complete the following:

Story Mission
  • Complete all 69 Story missions
Strangers and Freaks
  • Complete at least 20 out of the 58 Stranger and Freaks side missions
Random Events
  • Complete at least 14 out of the 57 random events
42 Hobbies & Pastimes
  • All Assassination Missions (5)
  • Flight School
  • All Off-Road Races (6)
  • All Parachuting (13)
  • All Sea Races (4)
  • Shooting Range
  • Sports (Darts, Golf, Tennis)
  • All Triathlons (3)
  • All Street Races (5)
  • Strip Club: Lap Dance
Collectibles
  • Find all 50 Space Ship Parts
  • Recover all 50 Letter Scraps
Miscellaneous
  • Complete at least 25 out of the 50 Under the Bridges
  • Complete at least 8 out of the 15 Knife Flights
  • Complete at least 25 of of the 50 Stunt Jumps
  • Purchase at least 5 of the 25 available Properties
Take note that the underwater collectibles (Nuclear Waste Collection & Submarine Parts), Epsilon Tracts, and Hidden Packages DO NOT count towards the 100% game completion.
Looking at my Social Club checklist, I noticed that with the Strangers & Freaks, Hobbies & Pastimes and Misc., there are certain missions that are highlighted. The number of them happen to match up with the numbers (total required and what I have completed). So it's not any 20 S&F, it's 20 specific missions. Specifically, the five tow missions, "Shift Work" race, the four paparazzo missions, "A Starlet in Vinewood," "Grass Roots - Franklin" and "Grass Roots - The Smoke-In" (but not Michael's or Trevor's), "Exorcising Demons - Franklin" (again, but not Micheal's or Trevor's), "Far Out," "The Final Frontier," "Risk Assessment," "Liquidity Risk," "Targeted Risk" and "Uncalculated Risk."

And miscellaneous also looks to include visiting a bar, cinema, the strip club and play darts, all with a friend, hold a store up, go to the cinema (no idea if with a friend counts for both), hire a prostitute, complete a booty call, take Chop for a walk and play fetch and purchase a vehicle online, in addition to the already mentioned collectables and stuff.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #77
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

@Jswartz - so for the S&F missions, it's the ones that have a blue bar by their picture? Those are the 20 that count?

Same goes for the Hobbies/Pastimes.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I was curious about that, too, along with the flight school gold medals.
I'm awaiting/finding out confirmation on this. There's an achievement for obtaining a Gold Medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.

In total...there are 63 hobbies/pastimes. But only a certain 42 count towards the 100% completion of the game.

Each hobby/pastime is broken down into various categories: Street Races, Sea Races, Off-Road Races, Assassinations, Base Jumping, Sports (Tennis & Golf), Triathlons, Miscellaneous (Yoga, Shooting Range, etc.).

So I'm not sure if for the Multi-Disciplined achievement if you need to get a gold medal in: ALL 63, only the 42 that count for 100% completion, or only one hobby in each category.

Last edited by BiggD; 09-19-2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:31 AM   #78
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I've spent close to $50,000+ upgrading a car as Trevor and am not unlocking the achievement. I've gone through every item of every list and I'm just not getting it.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #79
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Disregard all my blabbering last post.

I now know what counts for 100% completion. I am updating the guide now. Patience, please!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:40 AM   #80
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
@Jswartz - so for the S&F missions, it's the ones that have a blue bar by their picture? Those are the 20 that count?

Same goes for the Hobbies/Pastimes.
Yeah. Blue for S&F, green for H&P and red for Misc. This would also be supported by the fact that every mission has a yellow bar, and none of the random events have a bar with it.

I currently have 7 S&F, but only 5 on the counter, and 5 of them have the bar. Same with my 7/3 misc.

EDIT: And der me! Right under the bars at the top where it shows your progress, it says:
Quote:
Checklist items marked with a colored bar indicate contribution to the 100% completion.

Last edited by jswartz0181; 09-19-2013 at 01:42 AM.
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #81
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
So it is 20 specific stranger/freak missions? Well shit..I'll try to do all of them anyway. But thank fuck for the tracking on Social club.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:45 AM   #82
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
Yeah....

EDIT: And der me! Right under the bars at the top where it shows your progress, it says:
We both looked over that

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
So it is 20 specific stranger/freak missions? Well shit..I'll try to do all of them anyway. But thank fuck for the tracking on Social club.
Exactly, this Strategy Guide is shitty for the 100% completion checklist! But damn, writing this checklist KILLS ME!

Old 09-19-2013, 01:52 AM   #83
JamesKnowsGames

JamesKnowsGames's Gamercard
thanks BiggD! I'll be referencing this thread a lot over the next few months I bought the strat guide and its nowhere near as organized in a way that makes obtaining the 1000G the goal!
JamesKnowsGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:55 AM   #84
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

So, I do need all gold medals at the shooting range? Fuck. I hope they aren't hard. My aim is shit in GTA games.

Also, for Strangers & Freaks, I think the 20 has to do with the 20 different people associated with missions. For example, you have Tonya missions and there are 5 of them. I would guess you only have to do the first one for credit towards the 20 S&F missions that are for 100%.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 09-19-2013 at 01:58 AM.
xhunterrrr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #85
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
So, I do need all gold medals at the shooting range? Fuck. I hope they aren't hard. My aim is shit in GTA games.
I got all gold with Michael and Franklin, if I can do it, you can do it. Turn your sensitivity all the way down and buy the extended magazines for the auto pistol, the assault rifle and the SMG. All of the other guns I did with zero upgrades and no problems. It's very easy. A few rounds are harder than others but once you play those rounds a couple of times and know the patterns of the targets you'll be fine. It's all about being slow and mellow in there though and not blasting away all twitchy.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:01 AM   #86
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
SAlso, for Strangers & Freaks, I think the 20 has to do with the 20 different people associated with missions. For example, you have Tonya missions and there are 5 of them. I would guess you only have to do the first one for credit towards the 20 S&F missions that are for 100%.
No, you have to do all of hers. The Social Club site specifically mentions the missions that count towards 100%, and all of hers are highlighted as required.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #87
Lavindathar
The Amyrilin Seat

Send a message via Skype™ to Lavindathar

Lavindathar's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Gold   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Cilisien   GRID 2 Award   5,000 Posts   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 2   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Silver
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazer76 View Post
For the cult drop off, if you drive a taxi as Trevor and pick up someone it shows then on the map.
Not missable.
Great to know!

Quoting as I don't think BiggD noticed your post as e guide hasn't changed, and he's posted since you.

I'm confused abut hobby and pastime medals. I've win a game of tennis, finished a round of golf and no mention of medals. Only medal I've got was winning a triathlon and a street race.
Last Achievement : Competitive streak - Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One) - 20g
Last 100% Completion : Sniper Elite 3 (Xbox One)

Thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar and the sig.
Lavindathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #88
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Okay, the 100% checklist is final.

EDIT: So do you need to own the Cab Company to pick someone up in a Taxi as Trevor? Or do you just get into a Taxi with Trevor and honk for a pedestrian to get in?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #89
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
No, you have to do all of hers. The Social Club site specifically mentions the missions that count towards 100%, and all of hers are highlighted as required.
Oooooooh, I understand now.

Thanks for the clarification!
Old 09-19-2013, 02:07 AM   #90
jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Quote:
Hobbies & Pastimes
  • Complete the following 42 Hobbies/Pastimes
    • Perform Yoga
Looks like you were update-happy! :P Yoga isn't required.