PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > LEGO Lord of the Rings
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
mines of moria in under 15 minutes??

just wanted to know if anyone has any tips on doing this? its 1 of my last 2 achievements so im nearly there lol
gully89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
LV 233

bawj's Gamercard
Just use the exploit. Clear your HDD cache, don't download update, start the level(story not free play) and collect a few studs, and save and exit.
LV 233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
what like delete my save? check my hard drive and the only thing theres my save, hmmm, is that what you mean or am i way off haha?
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
No, you would need to clear the cache on your hard drive. I HIGHLY recommend you look up what this entails before doing it however.

Also, LV 233 forgot to mention that you need to beat the level first and then re-play it in Story Mode before grabbing a few studs and exiting will get the cheevo to pop.

But keep in mind this method does not work at all unless you didn't let the game update or you clear your cache.

I found it purely by accident on release day and posted it to TA solutions. Traveler's Tales has since patched it so people have commented their on way to get around the patch.
Jack Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
found on youtube how to delete my cache, take it alll the games i play at the moment will just ask for an update again and i just click no for lord of the rings, might be better clearing the cache for any games i dont play, thank you
Old 01-13-2013, 09:26 PM   #6
Shivettez

Shivettez's Gamercard
is it possible to do it without the exploit?
Shivettez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #7
bLaKgRaVy

bLaKgRaVy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Minty   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivettez View Post
is it possible to do it without the exploit?
Difficult, but doable. You might have to play the level a couple of times so you know exactly what do to and when to do it.

They wouldn't have put the achievement in there if it wasn't doable. It just takes practice, like that Lego Indiana Jones 2 level you had to beat in under 5 minutes. Ask yourself, do you want to waste 30-60 minutes on it trying to beat it in under 15 minutes or use the exploit and beat it in 10 seconds?

Some purists say it's cheating, and they may be right. I personally don't care. You can play the game however you want. Why should anyone else care or even dictate how I should play the game if it doesn't affect them whatsoever?

If it's going to allow me to play the game an hour less, then I'll do it. If it's a bug within the game that allows you to do it, then I say do it. It's like beating Halo 4 levels on Legendary by loading the last checkpoint. It's a bug that the developers haven't fixed, so I say have at it!
bLaKgRaVy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #8
gully89

o GuLLy o's Gamercard
in the end i managed to to it legit first time without clearing my cache. thought i would give it one go without exploiting it and managed it, i recommend having fast build red brick on, that really helps alot. play a few times on free play aswell, just to get the hang of what to do without wasting time
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #9
wcellon

Panthera onca's Gamercard
Don't you then have to be logged out of XBox to play the game (without the update)? If you login, won't it automatically reinstall the update. I hate having achievements that just say, "Unlocked" with no date stamp because they were done offline.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #10
alec_006

i am el kabong's Gamercard
you have no choice but to play it offline

100+ Standard Skylanders Collected

First Austrailian to 1000 points in Tropico 3
alec_006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
MathGuy42

MathGuy42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
funkym0nkey77 found a new exploit that doesn't require clearing your cache. Details are here:
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=591001#vch

Basically, you take as long as you like until you get to the last save statue. Save your game there, then Exit Level (NOT Save & Exit). Then re-enter the mission from the map. You'll be near the end, but the timer is apparently reset to 0.

It worked for me and others who commented on the solution.
MathGuy42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #12
AscendingSnow

AscendingSnow's Gamercard
It takes far longer to try the "tricks."

I just went through, skipped cutscenes, and hauled @ss. I got the achievement, no problems.

One not-so-good thing is that you must set aside 5 minutes for the balrog fight at the end of the level.
AscendingSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #13
DwnTheRbbtHole

DwnTheRbbtHole8's Gamercard
Had a bit of trouble with this one not popping, as in me failing, after a few attempts. Ended up using the method listed above of using the save statue and exiting the level to reload. That worked great.
DwnTheRbbtHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 04:33 PM   #14
killerkilbee12345

THE FEaRED's Gamercard
Arrow too long

it may be doable but look how may cut scenes there are and that they all have game play between them. i think it is well doable in 20 mins but i think that if you try again and again you will get the felling for the level and that you get gradually faster at it therefore giving you the achievement that you need
killerkilbee12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #15
MysteriousEaglet

Hyper Text MaLe's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcellon View Post
Don't you then have to be logged out of XBox to play the game (without the update)? If you login, won't it automatically reinstall the update. I hate having achievements that just say, "Unlocked" with no date stamp because they were done offline.
I know what you mean. When I first started getting Achievements, I didn't know a thing about that, but ever since, I've tended not to play if I didn't have Internet access (with few exceptions) because I like to know when I unlocked it.

It is possible to get this without any exploit; I've done it. I actually thought I was over the time limit based on when I had started the level, but then I got to the end of the level, and it unlocked. I just know I moved through as quickly as I could, even though I thought I wasn't moving as quickly as I needed. I don't know if cutscenes somehow make a difference in the time.
MysteriousEaglet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
WooliestRaptor

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGuy42 View Post
funkym0nkey77 found a new exploit that doesn't require clearing your cache. Details are here:
http://www.trueachievements.com/view...tid=591001#vch

Basically, you take as long as you like until you get to the last save statue. Save your game there, then Exit Level (NOT Save & Exit). Then re-enter the mission from the map. You'll be near the end, but the timer is apparently reset to 0.

It worked for me and others who commented on the solution.
This is a great suggestion. I don't like doing the achievements offline if I can help it.

I'll give it a go for real, but this is the perfect backup plan if I can tell I'm going to cut it close.

Besides, doesn't sound as difficult as doing 'Speed Reader' in Halo:CE
Old 06-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #17
Koldomordor

Koldomordor's Gamercard
I did this level under 15 minutes 2 times (coop), achivement did not unlock so I did the offline exploit.

If the game cheats on you, cheat it back :-)))
Koldomordor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #18
EvilDmen

EvilDmen's Gamercard
I had no problem with hauling ass through the level.

One of my mates was having serious problems though, so I told him about saving at the last statue and loading from there. Worked a treat for him!
EvilDmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #19
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
I can't clear the cache for this as I downloaded the Games on demand version unless I'm missing something but will give the save and reset the timer trick if I don't get this first time of asking.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #20
Bubble Supreme

BubbIe n Squeek's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazmaster1 View Post
I can't clear the cache for this as I downloaded the Games on demand version unless I'm missing something but will give the save and reset the timer trick if I don't get this first time of asking.
Having fast build really helps with this. I have the god version too and got the achievement on my first go with the help of fast build.

Thanks to Audacious for making the sig!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
They listened to the letter I wrote them in crayon!? YESS!!!!
Bubble Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:12 PM   #21
Gonzo the Gr8

Gonzo the Gr8's Gamercard
THIS WORKS:
When you get to the "Save & Continue" statue in the area that Gandalf the Grey goes after the Dragon THIS IS WHERE YOU SAVE & Continue. Then hit the start button AND THEN EXIT. DO NOT SAVE & EXIT... Just EXIT. My timer from load up to achievement popping was 6:32.30. I even hit the save again. You have to finish the Dragon for Gimli to hit the last rock to escape.
Gonzo the Gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #22
drJoofro

drJoofro's Gamercard
How do you do this exploit deal? I deleted the system cache, but it didn't prompt me for another update. I can go into my game profile, but it appears to just be my game save.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #23
gazmaster1

Gazmaster3D's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Silver   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble Supreme View Post
Having fast build really helps with this. I have the god version too and got the achievement on my first go with the help of fast build.
Used fast build, did it on my first try so guys don't worry, its easily doable.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #24
R0KETM4N

R0KETM4N's Gamercard
i'll try this tonight, see how many attempts it takes me legit...
Old 08-08-2013, 03:43 AM   #25
Twisteness5

twisteness5's Gamercard
Easier than it sounds

When I first did this, I thought it was going to be a big hassle, but honestly it wasn't. All you have to do is not care about studs, treasure, minikits, etc. Just focus on doing only the things you have to do in the level. I did this in under ten minutes (I was watching a clock) without any tricks besides "don't go for the useless items".

Hope I helped.
Twisteness5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #26
xWild Yak

xWild Yak's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo the Gr8 View Post
THIS WORKS:
When you get to the "Save & Continue" statue in the area that Gandalf the Grey goes after the Dragon THIS IS WHERE YOU SAVE & Continue. Then hit the start button AND THEN EXIT. DO NOT SAVE & EXIT... Just EXIT. My timer from load up to achievement popping was 6:32.30. I even hit the save again. You have to finish the Dragon for Gimli to hit the last rock to escape.
Although my run through seemed pretty quick overall, I think 3 total would do me just fine! This worked perfectly and was no hassle at all really. The Save Point is the one just before you start going down the stairs.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #27
dersuedwanderer

dersuedwanderer's Gamercard
Used the trick with the save statue at the staircase. Worked perfect. Thank you!
dersuedwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #28
Card Dreamer

Card Dreamer's Gamercard
wish i'd have known about the save exploit before i used the offline one. i much prefer time stamps

If you Friend Request me, please add/send message as to what game you are looking to boost.
Card Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 12:36 AM   #29
Malonster1109

ShaveTheYubnub's Gamercard
i just waited until i had invincibility. then ran thru the level quickly doing only what i had to do
Malonster1109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:55 PM   #30
Matt36

MP Nemo36's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Cleared cache
Loaded the level
Right at the start I saved & quit.

Achievement popped. Took less than 2 mins and didn't need to be in a certain bit of the level or play through any part of the level.