PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Big money during Assassination missions

Please note: To see some real benefit, don't invest a small amount as what you would get back would be easy enough to get through store robberies and security vans. Instead, perhaps wait until you've finished the story so you have a lot of bank, then do this. The results would be a lot harder to achieve through other means.

Second note: You will however need to complete the first Assassination ("Hotel Assassination") before you can progress the main story past the "Blitz Play" mission. This can cause a small predicament if BAWSAQ isn't working for you, as you'll learn about further down. In this case, you may need to forfeit the money you could make from the first mission, or wait for BAWSAQ to be up and running again.

Third note: Refer to THIS post while following my tips to make even more money!

When you come to do the Assassination missions with Franklin (after "Fame or Shame"), make a Quick Save before you start each mission.

The stock markets are found on the internet. Click Money and Services, and then LCN or BAWSAQ. Click Markets to find a list of companies currently on the market. 2 of the markets we will be using will be on LCN, while the other 2 are on BAWSAQ. (Please note: BAWSAQ requires an internet connection, as the stocks are linked to Rockstar's Social Club. If the SC is down, BAWSAQ will also be down. LCN is an offline stock market and can be used even if the SC isn't working.)

Lester will hint at buying in to these companies during the mission briefing, but once the mission starts you won't be able to switch characters, meaning only one can reap the rewards.

Before the first mission, pour all your money from each character in to BetaPharmaceuticals (found on the BAWSAQ page, which relies on Social Club actually working). When the mission has finished, head to a safehouse and sleep for about 3 days (sleeping passes time by 6 hours, and I'd recommend saving on a new slot or just pressing B at the save screen), and then sell all of your stocks, because your return will be huge. A really good tip is to check the percentage the stocks are at every game day, and if they're on the rise save on a dedicated new slot. Do that everytime it goes up and you can be as greedy as you like because you can just revert back if things go wrong.

On the second mission, pour all of your money in to Debonaire Cigarettes, and then do the same as last time. On the third mission, buy in to Fruit (found on BAWSAQ again). On the fourth mission, don't buy anything. As soon as the mission is over, spend everything on Vapid as it's just tanked. Keep an eye on it and sell when it goes high again, and then on the final (5th) mission buy in to GoldCoast.

You will make huge money, as you will be taking out key targets in their rival companies, making their stocks plummet, while yours will increase exponentially.

You may be able to raise the stocks even further, but after the 3rd day they just seemed to stay at around 81.55% for me. Your milage may vary, of course. I recommend only saving a couple of times up to the 81% mark, and not any further. After this the stocks may go down and you could lose a lot. If they do, reload your save and sell at 81%

This also gets you Trading Pure Alpha if you haven't already unlocked it.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 09-27-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #2
plum

How much did you end up with?
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
Mykel 13

Mykel 13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Before the first mission, pour all your money from each character in to BetaPharmaceuticals (found on the BAWSAQ page, which relies on Social Club actually working).
This in itself is a challenge. I have about 1.5m tied up in the BAWSAQ which has been down for the last 2 days for me.

Mykel 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
How much did you end up with?
It varied between my characters, as they had different amounts of cash. You get around 82% more than you invested.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thanks, I'll be doing this.

I did the first assasination mission late last night and figured from what Lester said that i'd need to buy up Beta Pharmaceuticals stock, but I couldn't find it anywhere on the LCN list. BAWSAQ was down as usual.
Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #6
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My stocks in Vapid just rose 147%. 188k return on a 76k investment.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #7
heiwaboke

heiwaboke's Gamercard
I did that too. Lester will actually tell you what to expect with the stocks when you start these missions.
heiwaboke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by heiwaboke View Post
I did that too. Lester will actually tell you what to expect with the stocks when you start these missions.
Yeah, but like I said once the mission starts you will only be able to buy the stocks with the current character. You can fail the mission and then buy the stocks too, if you like.

Old 09-19-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
I wish i bothered actually going back and buying with each character, made a hell of a lot with Franklin though from doing it.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Creazil

iCreazil UK's Gamercard
From the first assassination mission I doubled my money. But I forgot to buy stocks as Michael and Trevor

Creazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #11
AwoL DudE

AwoL DudE's Gamercard
Awesome tip, thanks!
Will leave these missions till last I think and put major dollar in!
Old 09-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #12
Xterm1n8or

Xterm1n8or's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Bright Idea   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Forza Tournament Winner
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Yeah this is great, i made about 40million per character using the stock market! Friendly tip, leave an assassination mission until youve completed the main missions, you will see why!

Xterm1n8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM   #13
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
thanks for this thread man

i just did my first assassination mission and ended up with a nice 6-figure payday with michael and trevor

franklin didn't have much to start with but i still made about 30k profit with him

i will probably hold off for a while before i do anymore though, want to build up a nice bankroll with each character first

Last edited by wexsuvslim; 09-19-2013 at 02:16 PM.
wexsuvslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #14
madmankevin

madmankevin's Gamercard
I've been trying to do this but the damned Social Club... I haven't been able to go into BAWSAQ for some time. I'm actually waiting until I complete the game to finish these missions. My hopes are that I'll have more money, and that the Social Club and BAWSAQ will be consistently working by that time.

madmankevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
darkx3no

darkx3no's Gamercard
At what point do these missions start?
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkx3no View Post
At what point do these missions start?
After completing the "Fame or Shame" mission.

Old 09-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #17
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Hey, if it's alright with you, I'm going to link this thread in the Achievement Guide/Roadmap.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:42 PM   #18
kingofkings dfa

LegendKillerDFA's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xterm1n8or View Post
Yeah this is great, i made about 40million per character using the stock market! Friendly tip, leave an assassination mission until youve completed the main missions, you will see why!
I literally don't have much money and I want to buy properties but shall I wait till iv finished the main missions then start the assassinations mission as will earn more $$$$$$$$

Seriously 2.0 7/12/08. 1 month 100,000 kills

COD C, 2, 3, MW, WAW, MW2, BO, MW3 VETERAN
kingofkings dfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:04 PM   #19
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Hey, if it's alright with you, I'm going to link this thread in the Achievement Guide/Roadmap.
By all means, do so.

Old 09-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
Wreckon Dracgon

Wreckon Dracgon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Gamerscore League Season 7 Winner   Gamerscore League Season 5 Winner   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 3   Word of Mouth   NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Gamer Score League First Place, Season 2   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
I was just about to post something similar. It is a great away to earn money. Be sure to do so for all of your characters.

You will have to wait until the mission is over to switch to them but if you do it as soon as the mission ends they'll still make a lot of money.

For example one stock had already went up $28 when I switched to Michael. When I switched to Trevor I was immediately sent into a mission but once completed a couple days had past and the stock was now up over $120 from the original price I paid as Franklin.

So when doing those assassinations missions be sure to switch to your other characters as soon as you can and buy the stock for them as well.

As the OP mentioned it does taper off after a few days so if you switch and get dumped into a mission just check the stock page and see where it has been trading.

Also to the OP thanks for pointing out the stocks to purchase in the later missions as I will just buy those before starting them as Franklin.

Last edited by Wreckon Dracgon; 09-19-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Wreckon Dracgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #21
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I haven't done an assassination mission yet. Very nice find Callum, this is smart. I look forward to abusing it.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #22
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
Hmmm, if the stock prices can be manipulated by destorying competitors or specific cars shouldnt Vapid always be at a high or low since they make the cop cars? Personaly i'd think the stock in Vapid would go up alot over time since LSPD will certenly have to replace alot of cars during the game. And if everyones actions affect the stock as well then it should be even higher.
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:41 PM   #23
IXISHADOW

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslasnip View Post
Hmmm, if the stock prices can be manipulated by destorying competitors or specific cars shouldnt Vapid always be at a high or low since they make the cop cars? Personaly i'd think the stock in Vapid would go up alot over time since LSPD will certenly have to replace alot of cars during the game. And if everyones actions affect the stock as well then it should be even higher.
This is what I posted a few hours ago and nobody seemed to bother reading it.

"My stocks in Vapid just rose 147%. 188k return on a 76k investment."

Old 09-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #24
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
thank you!

i havent unlocked assassination missions yet. but ill give this a try when i do! then use the money to buy houses!

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #25
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does anyone know if the Lifeinvader stock ever goes back up?

I've literally got hundreds of thousands invested in it at an average stock price of about $5 per share. If it goes back up to where it was before that first mission for Lester, my three guys will each be pretty damned rich.

But so far the stock just keeps dropping (though much more slowly now). If this were a real company, the company would have either gone out of business or would have started bouncing back by now.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #26
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I just invested all into fruit, and it's been around 3 days and the profit hasn't changed. If I sell my shared I get $0 profit. Am I doing something wrong? I did just do the third assassination mission.
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
By all means, do so.
Thanks bud!

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #28
IXISHADOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
Does anyone know if the Lifeinvader stock ever goes back up?

I've literally got hundreds of thousands invested in it at an average stock price of about $5 per share. If it goes back up to where it was before that first mission for Lester, my three guys will each be pretty damned rich.

But so far the stock just keeps dropping (though much more slowly now). If this were a real company, the company would have either gone out of business or would have started bouncing back by now.
I'm 46 missions in and the Life Invader stock keeps crashing, stay away from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSs Baillie View Post
I just invested all into fruit, and it's been around 3 days and the profit hasn't changed. If I sell my shared I get $0 profit. Am I doing something wrong? I did just do the third assassination mission.
When did you invest? Fruit went up a lot for me and I made a little money.

Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #29
Teslasnip

Teslasnip's Gamercard
Yes, you said it rose but not why it rose, does blowing up Vapid cars make the stock go up or down?
Teslasnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #30
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
When did you invest? Fruit went up a lot for me and I made a little money.
Before doing The Vice Assassination mission. I actually invested after doing the I Fought the Law... mission. I'm confused. The Facade stock hasn't crashed or anything either.
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote