PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #1
Whiskey Daniels

whiskey daniels's Gamercard
Altruist Acolyte

is this achievement really missable? I thought we could just pick up any random stranger and deliver them but I noticed the altruist icon is missing now
Whiskey Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:36 PM   #2
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
You get random encounters with drunks wanting to get driven home in their cars. Deliver them to the Acolytes.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
LT Andy

LT Andy's Gamercard
While doing some of the early Trevor missions I found a couple who wanted me to drive them back to their motel. As soon as I got in the car the game mentioned about taking them to the cult. If I remember it was up in the north west area of the map up a mountain like trail. So maybe drive around near Trevor's trailer and hopefully a random will appear soon.
LT Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:59 PM   #4
Killerchronic

Ki11erC's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It's missable because there are only 59 random encounters and only some of them will be hikers.
30k Hit - 05/07/10
40k Hit - 13/09/10
50K Hit - 31/05/11
Killerchronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
Whiskey Daniels

whiskey daniels's Gamercard
yeah I've already done that, I just drove them where they wanted to go and I was given the option but I now no longer see the icon on the map

I haven't been paying attention to guides or achievements for this game, have just been wanting to enjoy it so I had no idea that I might've missed out on this

I'm currently just driving around hoping I can come across some more random drunks and take them there and the icon will reappear
Whiskey Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #6
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Andy View Post
While doing some of the early Trevor missions I found a couple who wanted me to drive them back to their motel. As soon as I got in the car the game mentioned about taking them to the cult. If I remember it was up in the north west area of the map up a mountain like trail. So maybe drive around near Trevor's trailer and hopefully a random will appear soon.
i did it with the same drunk couple
just a note though, when u get in the car with the people, the waypoint will take u to the motel or wherever you are supposed to drop them off
you have to actually set a waypoint on the map to go to the acultist drop off place

i don't know for certain but i am assuming that there will be more than one opportunity to attain this achievement
wexsuvslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #7
LT Andy

LT Andy's Gamercard
Ok so earlier I was heading back to where you do the first few Trevor missions to do a few of the randoms and I found a hitch hiker who wanted a ride. As soon as she got in I had the option to take her to where she wanted to go or drop her at the cult again.

So there is more than one shot at this achievement.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #8
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT Andy View Post
Ok so earlier I was heading back to where you do the first few Trevor missions to do a few of the randoms and I found a hitch hiker who wanted a ride. As soon as she got in I had the option to take her to where she wanted to go or drop her at the cult again.

So there is more than one shot at this achievement.
I was sure you had to do something then you'll get an Email about them and their "dinner plans" to which you find one of the random encounters (there are 59 types, but they don't only appear once. Someone made it seem like there's only 59 chances to do this) you take them to the A icon on the map. I noticedd I had the email before I turned my game off but haven't seen the place yet.

My Extra Life Fundraiser Page - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?...ipantID=101865 -
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #9
UsR Jason

Good Game Mong's Gamercard
Any idea what you have to do to get the email? I have yet to receive the email and am over 50% of the way through the game.
UsR Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
LT Andy

LT Andy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsR Jason View Post
Any idea what you have to do to get the email? I have yet to receive the email and am over 50% of the way through the game.

It only appears on the map when you have someone to take to the place and you are using Trevor. I don't remeber an e-mail just a message pop up about it when the people got in my car.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #11
UsR Jason

Unfortunately I think it is bugged for me. I've so far picked up a girl in a car crash with a dead body next to her, a drunk couple and a fella tied to a lamppost on his wedding day. Not once has anything popped up nor is the icon visible on the map. Even driving up there and finding the place with someone in the car with me did not open the gates. Just seems bugged.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #12
LT Andy

LT Andy's Gamercard
After completing the misson 'Nervous Ron' you should of got an e-mail from Ron telling you about the cult. Look through Trevor's e-mail on his phone, if you don't have it then maybe try replaying that mission.

Apart from that nothing else is springing to mind right now.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #13
UsR Jason

I did manage to let one person die I picked up. Was the girl from the car crash. I picked her up in a golf buggy. Not the fastest vehicle. I did replay that though by going back to that spot later but my guess is that is the issue. The game is just not recognising that.