PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #31
Ethereal235

Send a message via AIM to Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Freaking Bawsaq is still down for me. R* needs to get their shit together....
Have you tried logging in on the Rockstar social club thing and making sure it lists that game as owned? That's what I had to do before it started showing up.

It's only 6 hours before it's been a full day since I made the opening post, and at least on the website, nothing's changed. Nothing's changed for Ammunation, either, so I'm pretty sure it's just that it hasn't updated. They say it updates in "real time," but at this point, it almost seems like it's, at best, a once-a-day kind of deal.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #32
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
2,280,580 shares now owned. This best work!!!

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXISHADOW View Post
2,280,580 shares now owned. This best work!!!
If it does, it might be possible for everyone to sell shares and make a profit before it tanks. At that many shares, it could go up $0.30 and you could make $684,174.

Just hoping for the best...
Old 09-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #34
IXISHADOW

Disturbed XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Over Achiever - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
If it does, it might be possible for everyone to sell shares and make a profit before it tanks. At that many shares, it could go up $0.30 and you could make $684,174.

Just hoping for the best...
We have bought over 7 million shares so let's hope.

Thanks to Xerofox for the awesome sig!
IXISHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #35
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Have you tried logging in on the Rockstar social club thing and making sure it lists that game as owned? That's what I had to do before it started showing up.

It's only 6 hours before it's been a full day since I made the opening post, and at least on the website, nothing's changed. Nothing's changed for Ammunation, either, so I'm pretty sure it's just that it hasn't updated. They say it updates in "real time," but at this point, it almost seems like it's, at best, a once-a-day kind of deal.
yeah thanks for the tip but everything is linked. I'm a social club member since 2011 and its showing my games and progress. I asked on my FL and around 75% Bawsaq is not working either...so its not only me....
Old 09-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #36
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
yeah thanks for the tip but everything is linked. I'm a social club member since 2011 and its showing my games and progress. I asked on my FL and around 75% Bawsaq is not working either...so its not only me....
Mine was all linked up too, but I had the same problem. I got on and did some reauthentification thing under 'manage accounts' and it started working.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
Activez

For updates on the Bawsaq error you can keep checking here.
http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...cles/200357093

It seems to be a problem with a lot of people. Hopefully they'll fix it soon. Just wished I could use it to make money right now.
Activez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #38
Toddy

toddyrbs's Gamercard
i had bought around 2k shares on the first day... will be buying lots more when i get home then
Old 09-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #39
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Damn... seeing how many people are putting a fuckload of money into this is starting to make me think that if this backfires and the stock drops more, I'm going to have to abandon this site forever. Also, my next in-game heist better go fucking perfectly.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #40
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Damn... seeing how many people are putting a fuckload of money into this is starting to make me think that if this backfires and the stock drops more, I'm going to have to abandon this site forever. Also, my next in-game heist better go fucking perfectly.
I'm considering putting 20 million in... you'll be a dead man.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #41
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
I'm considering putting 20 million in... you'll be a dead man.
Instead of murdering me, can't you just keep 2 saves? plz!?
Old 09-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Mac Chickgun

mac chickqun's Gamercard
Quote:
Mine was all linked up too, but I had the same problem. I got on and did some reauthentification thing under 'manage accounts' and it started working.
Thanks for the tip man! Gonna try that!
Old 09-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #43
Ethereal235

Zero132132's Gamercard
I checked up on this, and it seems that none of the BAWSAQ stocks have moved at all since launch, so I'm thinking it probably varies based exclusively on the GTA Online stuff. I'm also thinking that it won't actually respond to players investing, but rather to what kind of stuff is destroyed/robbed/bought in the online portion of the game.

It might still be a good investment once October 1st comes around (unless it's a competitor with AmmuNation), but it's probably not going to change until then.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:32 PM   #44
SiR x VeiRoN x

VeiRoN v2's Gamercard
I'm also going to invest some money into this,let's hope it works.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #45
Toddy

toddyrbs's Gamercard
Quote:
I checked up on this, and it seems that none of the BAWSAQ stocks have moved at all since launch, so I'm thinking it probably varies based exclusively on the GTA Online stuff. I'm also thinking that it won't actually respond to players investing, but rather to what kind of stuff is destroyed/robbed/bought in the online portion of the game.

It might still be a good investment once October 1st comes around (unless it's a competitor with AmmuNation), but it's probably not going to change until then.
These are my considerations, taking in consideration both the Efficient Market Hypothesis and the Single Player Stock Market Mechanics:
  1. Original price of stock was around $20 a stock, something like that, and right now it sits at $0.76 or so
  2. The market corrects itself, supposedly in the game this is true as well
  3. Market movement is random, however we can predict it in game by knowing which companies we are hitting (heists, assassinations, etc)
  4. Ammu-nation is the only in-game store you buy weapons (other than online)
  5. Therefore ammu-nation is open to being robbed by gangs/crews
  6. Lots of players will be online from day one (oct 1st), and will definitely be with friends or randoms trying to rob places
  7. Ammu-nation is definitely an easy target (comes to mind easily)
  8. Ammu-nation is definitely getting robbed a lot, at least before players figure out the best heists (cost/benefit) and start farming them
  9. That being true, there will be a hike in HAL's share price
  10. If it is enough to raise it from $0.76 to $1.50 dollars (which it should, given the initial price of $20.00 or more, gotta check), we are facing 100% returns.
  11. Considering $1.50 is still way below the $20.00 mark, there's a lot of room for growth in share prices, if players take action against HAL's competitors (which i assume ammu-nation would be one)

However, some elements are relevant and need to be known for this logic to apply:
What shares have positive and negative correlations with HAL's shares? In this case I'm simply guessing ammunation would be negatively correlated to HAL
How often does the market update its data (once a day, it seems?)
At what time does the update take place (haven't figured this one yet, can anyone confirm it?)

Regarding a small amount of players (which we are, compared to the GTA Online total population) trying to manipulate prices by investing huge amounts, Dow Theory states that trends are confirmed by volume rather than aggressive investors, but we gotta wait and see how it was implemented before reaching conclusions

Last edited by Toddy; 09-20-2013 at 08:04 PM.
Toddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:56 PM   #46
Ham Woopan
Praisin' the Sun

Ham Woopan Jr's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Jesus this was all the way back at page 11. Anyway the stock has now increased to 0.89 a share. We actually made it go up.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #47
xGuzzyBearx

Send a message via AIM to xGuzzyBearx Send a message via MSN to xGuzzyBearx

Guzzy2792's Gamercard
Just bought 8 Million shares at $7 million dollars.
xGuzzyBearx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #48
McBridel

McBridel's Gamercard
$117,897 worth of shares bought
McBridel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #49
jedijaxpavan

ZOMBIFIED glory's Gamercard
My BAWSAQ lol, has started going up with HAL, Ammo Nation and west coast customs. Im keeping a close eye on them.
I've made about $10,000 in HAL so far.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:24 PM   #50
COWBOYFRMHELL77

COWBOYFRMHELL77's Gamercard
Ill through some money in with all my characters also, be interesting to see what happens
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #51
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
im gonna give it a try and support ya !

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #52
Toddy

toddyrbs's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham Woopan View Post
Jesus this was all the way back at page 11. Anyway the stock has now increased to 0.89 a share. We actually made it go up.
shit, i wasn't keeping track on it.. gonna invest at least another 40 million with my trevor and about 30mi with franklin
Old 09-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #53
trymemf

L22 Furious's Gamercard
What would happen if you invest say 20mil in HAL and then reload the save quickly after? Of course you get your money back but what would happen to the market?
Old 09-25-2013, 03:25 PM   #54
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I bought about 110k shares in HAL with each of my characters last night but there doesn't seem to be much movement.

Also bought some in ZIT, as it was pretty low but it seems to be going even lower.

If I make some serious money through the game, I think I'll keep investing in HAL. I get the feeling it may go huge once GTA Online launches.

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #55
Gill2009

just put 32 million dollars in it my 3 chars are flat broke now lol
Gill2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #56
Toxis142

As of last night I have a total of 2,476,060,428 shares in HAL across all 3 of my characters.

Another thing I have noticed while playing last night the Social club website listed HAL at $1.10 (currently listed at $1.09) and looking at it while in game still showed HAL at $0.87. Not sure how often prices are pushed to update in game (maybe on game restart?) but could be a way to make some money by delaying updates if possible.
Toxis142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:21 PM   #57
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by trymemf View Post
What would happen if you invest say 20mil in HAL and then reload the save quickly after? Of course you get your money back but what would happen to the market?
This is where the online part comes into play, and your stats get synced to the servers. If its an hourly rate or 6/12/24 hour intervals etc. Probably to prevent a mini GFC happening in Los Santos.

Also it doesnt matter how much you invest in, whether its 100k or 150m, it never tells you how much of a stake you have in that company. So you never know how much of an influence your money has on the market. If anything, id say it'd go by the current amount of people invested in that company and its rival and work out the change percent from there. Otherwise you could have entire crews planning and dumping ~$1b into stocks for a quick buck and completely ruining the stock market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxis142 View Post
[...snip]
Another thing I have noticed while playing last night the Social club website listed HAL at $1.10 (currently listed at $1.09) and looking at it while in game still showed HAL at $0.87. Not sure how often prices are pushed to update in game (maybe on game restart?) but could be a way to make some money by delaying updates if possible.
Id say the social club would have the closest 'real-time' figures, as this is where the BAWSAQ is hosted. Makes it much easier to grab data from a local server than it is over a console. There's probably a limit on how much Rockstar can use the Xbox to grab data from its servers (or the other way around to reduce load). Until you're in the Online mode for GTA, the single player one probably hardly updates. Unless when Online does go live and SP does its sync in intervals (as stated above).

Last edited by Selections; 09-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #58
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Considering the panic and death threats from some in this thread, I will giggle like a little girl if this all backfires and you all end up bankrupt!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #59
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienDenzil85 View Post
Considering the panic and death threats from some in this thread, I will giggle like a little girl if this all backfires and you all end up bankrupt!
It would be quite funny, but from my initial investment, I've already seen profits of almost $400k across my three characters, and that's just from a tiny bump in share prices. If there's any serious movement, we could be laughing!

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #60
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_tony View Post
It would be quite funny, but from my initial investment, I've already seen profits of almost $400k across my three characters, and that's just from a tiny bump in share prices. If there's any serious movement, we could be laughing!
It's potentially some Ponzi scheme in the making, many of the early investors are raking it in, but the poor sods who get into it late could end up screwed!

I'm a natural cynic, don't mind me!