PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: who' midnight launchin this beast?
yes 46 48.94%
no 48 51.06%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #91
Rapture639

Rapture639's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Not a personal midnight launch story, but one I thought would be interesting to share.

Context: The guy picking up the game tried to use his business card instead of photo ID to identify himself for the preorder while the female manager tried to get everyone else in the store to send him harassing e-mails but eventually made an exception for him because of his attitude towards her and he was keeping up the line.

Not saying I side with either person, since the guy should have known that he needed photo ID to pick up his game and he acted like a d-bag when he wasn't allowed to, but the manager acted pretty unprofessional through her snarky remarks and condescending attitude, as well as by threatening to give out the guy's e-mail to a bunch of random customers and encouraging them to harass the guy.

Be a Hunter, not a Hater.
Keep Calm and Achieve On!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Wow. I'm a fucking dumbass.

Last edited by Rapture639; 09-19-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Rapture639 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #92
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post
Not a personal midnight launch story, but one I thought would be interesting to share.

Context: The guy picking up the game tried to use his business card instead of photo ID to identify himself for the preorder while the female manager tried to get everyone else in the store to send him harassing e-mails but eventually made an exception for him because of his attitude towards her and he was keeping up the line.

NERD RAGE - GTA V MIDNIGHT RELEASE - YouTube

Not saying I side with either person, since the guy should have known that he needed photo ID to pick up his game and he acted like a d-bag when he wasn't allowed to, but the manager acted pretty unprofessional by threatening to give out the guy's e-mail to a bunch of random customers and encouraging them to harass the guy.
I wouldn't be surprised if she gets fired. She kind of fucked up with the email comment. Not saying she was wrong because the dude was a dick but considering I saw this video on Kotaku and knowing how corporate environments work, she's probably done.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #93
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture639 View Post

NERD RAGE - GTA V MIDNIGHT RELEASE - YouTube

Not saying I side with either person, since the guy should have known that he needed photo ID to pick up his game and he acted like a d-bag when he wasn't allowed to, but the manager acted pretty unprofessional through her snarky remarks and condescending attitude, as well as by threatening to give out the guy's e-mail to a bunch of random customers and encouraging them to harass the guy.
Funny....being such a douche about customer service as he is about to go play a game that has killing and stealing.

That guy was a dick. Another reason why you dont go to midnight launches.

"What is your spaghetti policy here?" - Charlie
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #94
dennisb407

dennisb407's Gamercard
Im sure that guy sleeps 30 feet from his mother. SMH
dennisb407 is offline   Reply With Quote