PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #31
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Getting gold in 70 missions is a combination of the 69 story missions and the 58 Strangers and Freaks missions. You have 127 missions to choose from to get gold in 70 of them. Play them all then replay the ones you think would be easiest to get a gold medal in.
There's 58 Strangers and Freaks?

Fuck...my fingers are going too hurt tonight typing this up...plus another 63 hobbies/pastimes.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:50 PM   #32
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Fuck...my fingers are going too hurt tonight typing this up...plus another 63 hobbies/pastimes.
LMAO oh and don't forget RAYMAN LEGENDS is now available FOR FREE. Thanks to Bosnia and Herzegovina hehe!
Old 09-18-2013, 10:19 PM   #33
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Think the Social Club is wrong as the in game counter say's there are 20 Freak missions. Either the game or the Social Club is wrong. Unless they are seperately counted for each character? If there are 58, that's a lot of missions in an already packed to bursting game.

ponypo2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #34
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponypo2001 View Post
Think the Social Club is wrong as the in game counter say's there are 20 Freak missions. Either the game or the Social Club is wrong. Unless they are seperately counted for each character? If there are 58, that's a lot of missions in an already packed to bursting game.
There are 58 missions, I checked in the Strategy Guide. I just don't know if you need to only complete 20 for the 100% achievement, or if you need to complete all 58.

Old 09-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #35
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
There are 58 missions, I checked in the Strategy Guide. I just don't know if you need to only complete 20 for the 100% achievement, or if you need to complete all 58.
The game clearly states there are 20 and that's where I'm confused. Does the strategy guide actively list the 58 missions then? 69 story missions and 58 Freaks missions just sounds like way too many on top of everything else already in the game.

Just trying to confirm this 100%. If there are 58, then I may need to prepare my body for even more GTA goodness!

Old 09-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #36
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
The game clearly states there are 20 and that's where I'm confused. Does the strategy guide actively list the 58 missions then? 69 story missions and 58 Freaks missions just sounds like way too many on top of everything else already in the game.

Just trying to confirm this 100%. If there are 58, then I may need to prepare my body for even more GTA goodness!
Yes, the Strategy Guide lists all 58 missions. I did a quick count and only about 40 of the Stranger and Freaks missions have Gold Medal requirements (the others don't have requirements, only the mission itself).

So since there are only 40 Gold Medal Stranger & Freaks Missions, it now makes sense that this is why the Social Club says you only have to complete 20 Stranger & Freaks Missions (half).

Old 09-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #37
True Marvellous

True Marvellous's Gamercard
Reading that you can do the requirements one by one has made me a happy bunny as I was thinking that they were going to be way too difficult to hit in one run.

Toasters Toast Toast
True Marvellous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #38
ponypo2001

ponypo2001's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes, the Strategy Guide lists all 58 missions. I did a quick count and only about 40 of the Stranger and Freaks missions have Gold Medal requirements (the others don't have requirements, only the mission itself).

So since there are only 40 Gold Medal Stranger & Freaks Missions, it now makes sense that this is why the Social Club says you only have to complete 20 Stranger & Freaks Missions (half).
Wow, thanks for the confirmation sir. That is amazing. I can't believe how much content is in this game!

Old 09-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #39
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Marvellous View Post
Reading that you can do the requirements one by one has made me a happy bunny as I was thinking that they were going to be way too difficult to hit in one run.
If that was the case, I think A LOT of people wouldn't bother going for that achievement!

Quote:
Wow, thanks for the confirmation sir. That is amazing. I can't believe how much content is in this game!
It is indeed amazing how much content is in the game. It's good to know Rocktar's $200-ish million they put into the game will not go to waste

Old 09-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #40
MoOOose

Mo00ose's Gamercard
Thanks for the quick post man - Much appreciated
Old 09-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #41
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
I just unlocked the achievement! Can confirm that they don't all need to be done in one run.

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers). The 70th Gold was completed in part, in other words, I got a Silver but had completed the other challenges and the 71st was completed as a Gold (I did all challenges at once).

Perhaps just make sure you completely Gold a mission on your 70th one. Not sure if it will unlock if you pass 70 although I have reason to believe it will as is my case in point.

Best of luck!

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:44 AM   #42
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Medium Bear View Post
I just unlocked the achievement! Can confirm that they don't all need to be done in one run.

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers). The 70th Gold was completed in part, in other words, I got a Silver but had completed the other challenges and the 71st was completed as a Gold (I did all challenges at once).

Perhaps just make sure you completely Gold a mission on your 70th one. Not sure if it will unlock if you pass 70 although I have reason to believe it will as is my case in point.

Best of luck!
That was quick, nice work. I've only done 15 missions so far but they're easier to 100% than the missions on TBoGT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #43
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:

Best of luck!
That was quick

Old 09-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #44
A Medium Bear

Like Gazelle's Gamercard
Quote:
That was quick
It was, I've been no-life since release. This game is just too addictive.

Some of the later missions are pretty tricky but I agree that it is easier than TBoGT. No doubt about that.

A Medium Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #45
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
It was, I've been no-life since release. This game is just too addictive.

Some of the later missions are pretty tricky but I agree that it is easier than TBoGT. No doubt about that.
I'll take you and B A R 4 D's word that it's not too bad. I'm having trouble with getting Gold Medals, but hopefully when I go to redo them post-game, it's easy. I know you can complete the requirements separately, but the time ones are always rough.

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #46
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

FJMatlock's Gamercard
You were a bit late with the spoiler thing there friend. Thanks a lot, jackass.

CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:05 AM   #47
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownlessKing View Post
Excuse me?

Old 09-19-2013, 02:37 AM   #48
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownlessKing View Post
The spoiler coverage was there from the beginning. Don't be pissy because you clicked on a link for gold requirements for missions. If you didn't expect spoilers, you deserve to have shit spoiled.
Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 AM   #49
iSs Baillie

iFozy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Not really dude, most if not all the things are trivial such as mission time, etc. I saw this and clearly gave spoiler tags. For a game that's been out only a day, it's only courteous.
iSs Baillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:53 AM   #50
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Just added in all the Strangers & Freaks missions.

Hobbies/Pastimes will come tomorrow!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #51
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bLaKgRaVy View Post
Getting gold in 70 missions is a combination of the 69 story missions and the 58 Strangers and Freaks missions. You have 127 missions to choose from to get gold in 70 of them. Play them all then replay the ones you think would be easiest to get a gold medal in.
It's very good to know that I can forgo 57 missions on Gold. Some of them are long, irritating missions I won't feel like retrying to get Gold on, while others (like some of the Rampages) are tough. I think the second or third Rampage had me scratching my head at how I got as many kills as possible while managing not to die, and I still needed 15 more for Gold.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #52
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:

FYI, I unlocked it on my 71st Gold (48 Story/23 Strangers).

Best of luck!
That's the real confirmation I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot. At least we can leave out the hardcore missions and especially the once that take 20+ minutes. 47 more golds to go oh damn!
Old 09-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #53
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
That's the real confirmation I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot. At least we can leave out the hardcore missions and especially the once that take 20+ minutes. 47 more golds to go oh damn!
You're almost there!!

Old 09-19-2013, 06:06 PM   #54
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

DANG!!!!

The checklist is finally complete. Thank you for your patience people. My fingers can now rest

Old 09-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #55
HATRID

HATRID REMAINS's Gamercard
Rampage!!!

Just a note, in order to get gold in the 5 rampage mission's you have to hit all targets at once.
I think the 20 strangers and freaks missions are the ones not linked to characters??
HATRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #56
TYLER x DURD3N

LGB TylerDURD3N's Gamercard
The whole feature of replaying missions is a mess. no restart checkpoint feature. no friggin restart mission feature. It always has to load the friggin story mode before you can load up the next or the same mission. HORRIBLE!!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:30 PM   #57
emilwergin

wegrin's Gamercard
I, of course, appreciate the work of the person who started this tread, BUT - wasn't it a bit worthless, when the majority of players who care about how they do on the missions use the Social Club, where the requirements for gold are written down? One you complete a mission, you unlock it on Social Club. Then you click on the miniature of the mission, and BOOM there comes the requirements, a minimap, a plan how to do it etc. For completionists the Social Club is BEST, I'm working towards 100% (have about 80% by now, after 2,5 day) and it shows exactly what you got to do
emilwergin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #58
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilwergin View Post
I, of course, appreciate the work of the person who started this tread, BUT - wasn't it a bit worthless, when the majority of players who care about how they do on the missions use the Social Club, where the requirements for gold are written down? One you complete a mission, you unlock it on Social Club. Then you click on the miniature of the mission, and BOOM there comes the requirements, a minimap, a plan how to do it etc. For completionists the Social Club is BEST, I'm working towards 100% (have about 80% by now, after 2,5 day) and it shows exactly what you got to do
I use this to at least attempt gold the first time I go through a missions. The more I get gold the first time, the fewer I have to replay.
Old 09-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #59
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilwergin View Post
That would be me, and I don't think it's worthless. Not everyone who plays GTA V bothers with Rockstar's Social Club, and since they might have the Achievement Guide open on their computer while playing, they'd already be on this forum so they can open this thread as well. Plus, this can be viewed BEFORE the missions so you know what to do without having to replay them.

Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 AM   #60
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Mission: Rampage 4 (Triggered by Trevor)
  • Get 45 kills
  • Get 6 headshots
  • Destroy 2 vehicles
How the hell you suppose to get 6 headshots with a GL. I assume with a scope!? This is crazy. I got all the others gold but this...Anyone!?