PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Action > TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-22-2010, 04:33 AM   #91
x GrumpyNinja x

x GrumpyNinja x's Gamercard
awesome guide. i just got the ''i will survive'' achev to finish up this game. i used leo in single player it was way more easier to do instead of co op. thanks for the tips.
x GrumpyNinja x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #92
TheRealBr1ghtShadow

Br1ghtShadow's Gamercard
Thanks! After I read this I got it the first try!
Interested in boosting? Message me on XBL - Br1ghtShadow
TheRealBr1ghtShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:47 PM   #93
Phantom-Phive

Phantom Phive's Gamercard
I haven't cussed so much while trying to get an achievement before in my life. Regardless tho, I finally did get it and this guide was a big help. Thanks again.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Phantom-Phive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:46 PM   #94
S1L3NTFEAR

S1L3NTFEAR's Gamercard
Which turtle would you recommend to get this achievement?
S1L3NTFEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 PM   #95
Vipr3

o Vipr3 x's Gamercard
Thanks for the guide, i tried this a while ago and couldn't get it.... its pretty difficult if you don't know what to do.

-Siggy Made By Me-
Vipr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #96
spira

spiraz0ri's Gamercard
Very nice and detailed guide, helped me alot when trying to get this achievement. Took me around 6 tries until I managed to get pass through the Neon surfing level first time with Michelangelo (stupid gunners were major pain in the ass!). I was very nervous because I went to very low hp few times on Starbase but managed to survive Krang by dodging his attacks until he flied away.

Shredder was a piece of cake, didn't even have to eat any of the pizzas
spira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #97
Torik_Shai

Jedi Specter's Gamercard
I just got this achievement so I figured I'd throw my two cents in for anyone having trouble. I'd already tried several times with Raphael and Leonardo with no luck. On my best runs I was able to get to Starbase, but I'd die before I could even get to Krang. On a whim I decided to try using Donatello (he's my favorite character). I got the achievement on my first try with him.

I'm just saying don't automatically rule him out. Sure he's the slowest, but he has the highest defense and his range is good for hitting multiple guys at once. Plus, I'd say his special is just as good as Leo's (maybe it doesn't cover as much area, but it definitely covers more distance).
Torik_Shai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:19 PM   #98
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Awesome work!! TY for the boss hints, especially for spaceship Krang!! Man I made it all the way to spaceship Krang three times in a row without breaking a sweat, but he just kept kicking my ass with his bubble attacks.

Finally beat Krang my 4th time using the tips your thread provided. Funny that Shredder, the very last boss, was so much easier

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 01:45 AM   #99
Habs14

RIN014's Gamercard
I always die near the end of the game
Habs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:10 AM   #100
FuturamaFry

FuturamaFry's Gamercard
Thanks for the tips guys, got it on my first try as well. Another tip for the very last level is to try and stay at the very bottom of the screen, the turrerts and boulders will miss you if you are at the very bottom.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:22 AM   #101
xFSUx Batman

xfsux batman's Gamercard
Those god damn freeze rays in stage 8 just screwed me in so pissec
xFSUx Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #102
xFSUx Batman

xfsux batman's Gamercard
I just tried fighting Kranng with out attacking and it don't fucking work, fuck this game
xFSUx Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 06:07 AM   #103
xMidget_Furyx

xMidget Furyx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
besides grabbing the pizza in the middle of the swer surfin level. is there any other tips? I can't seem to get past this level. (3 of us are playing over LIVE)

xMidget_Furyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #104
chris-da-fur

ChrisDahFur's Gamercard
My advice would be to not play with two others- they spawn more enemies, which won't necessairily fight all of you equally. Single player is the best choice, and as many others have said, practice in quick play on the level you're stuck on rather than continually trying to replay all the way through survival.

Right now, I'm at Krang 2. Before that, I got incredibly unlucky on the freeze rays with the enemies hitting me and no way to progress unless I killed two of them. So, with that in mind, I was going to try again in quick play and devise a tactic. No luck. My connection went down and my save got wiped. So, I went through survival again to unlock the levels (and give myself a chance at the achievement at the same time)... Turns out, if you don't rush completely and leave the pizza where the freeze rays start, you can lure the next 3 enemies back off the freeze rays and once they are dead, grab the pizza. Hope that helps in some way.

Wish me luck- never been good at fighting Krang 2 or Shredder, hope the tips here can get me through!! Never been so nervous and close to throwing up because of a game in my life. xD

Done & done. I destroyed Krang 2 without using the pizza before starting the fight or during it, and Shredder? I shred him a new one, whilst using only one pizza and keeping my health full after doing so. Man am I glad this game is over and done with! Good luck to everyone else still in need of this achievement! It isn't so bad once you have some tactics for tricky parts of levels.

Last edited by chris-da-fur; 08-28-2011 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Update on progress
chris-da-fur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #105
IDarkwingxDuckI

looking for people who have the achievement and wouldnt mind helping me out. i suck at this game and can barely get anywhere in survival, if your willing to help me please message e gt- IDarkwingxDuckI thaks.
IDarkwingxDuckI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #106
CrownlessKing

Send a message via MSN to CrownlessKing

fjmatlock's Gamercard
Well I tried using Raphael, and he blows for this. Range is too short and he seemed good at first but then I died at Metalhead. So yeah....

I switched to Leonardo, and what a difference. He can basically cut through most of the regular foot soldiers with ease by spamming 'Y'. Unfortunately I only got as far as "Prehistoric Turtlesauras". Of course, Cement Men. And guess what I TRIED to run away from him, but half the time I'd be running around the edge of the screen and he'd cut me off. At one point he hit me 3 times in a row.

Seriously, I just picked this back up tonight seeing if I could get it finally. I'm already getting pissed off. Fuck whoever decided to make this P.O.S. 8 directional, and also fuck whoever decided the Survival Achievement had to be on Normal or higher. Or hell whoever decided on it at all.

CrownlessKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #107

solo was not as hard as i expected
12321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:02 PM   #108
Atlantis

Celestis's Gamercard
I cannot, for the life of me, get past the Traps in "Skulls and Crossbones". I have absolutely no problem with any of the enemies or bosses, but I constantly keep on dying because he jumps into the trapdoors when doing attacks. And if I stop moving, the Arrow Troopers or Machine Gun Golems hit me. I have already done Sewer Surfing thrice, one more time and I'm gonna kill somebody. Also, the Pizza box on S&C comes way too soon. I'm usually almost at full health when it appears, but soon after, the massive amount of traps chops my health to shreds.
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #109
MFK1138

Just got the achievement. Used Leo.

Tough one, this is.

Great guide though! The strategies and discussions in this thread really helped me.
MFK1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #110
Lancet

Lancet Jades's Gamercard
I got this myself a week ago. Some tips I worked out:

-Use Leo. Raph is good for his special attack, but lacks the range needed on many enemies. Don is too slow, and Mike lacks effective crowd control. Use Leo's special to give yourself breathing room, then close in and finish off individual enemies.

-Sewer Surfing: Stay on the lowest section to avoid the mines. There's only one there. Also, make copious use of Leo's special to knock down enemies, otherwise they'll overwhelm you.

-Prehistoric level: Use the special (especially as Leo) to quickly knock the dragon riders down. Cement Man is incredibly easy if you follow a certain protocol: attack 2-3 times (two to be safe), then wait for him to submerge and start moving. Run away in a straight line until he stops. If he is lagging behind you, STOP and let him catch up. Otherwise, he may cut you off on corners.

-Pirate ship: Go slowly, focus on bowmen, chakram users, and stonemen first. Don't fear the planks! They do damage, but if you're careful, enemies won't be able to inflict much damage themselves. If the plans are your main source of damage, you're doing well and can probably win.

-Tokka and Razzar was the biggest challenge, boss-wise. I know people say they're easy, to just jump-kick or attack + special to knock down, but it's never that easy, and the level is good at draining most of your health by the time you reach the end. I ended up using attack + special on the turtle, then jump kicked to finish off the wolf.

-Don't miss a pizza on Neon Night-Riders or you're screwed. Super Krang is INCREDIBLY easy. Attack from above or below, or at an angle. NEVER be in front of him to the left or right. Attack 3-4 times, back off to evade his counter, and repeat. Dying on him is unacceptable.

-Starbase: Go SLOW! Take your time, use Leo's special on the little robots, and stay on the bottom rank when handling the turrets and the rolling balls - this will keep you safe. At the ice trap, advance as far as you can before entering the trap, then kill everything. Now, wait for a chance and dash through quickly.

Krang: Leo's special attack makes quick work of Krang. Just stay away from his sides. Special from above and below Krang to pile on damage and kill the robots he deploys.

Shredder: This youtube video is the key:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB2qUMPHL8s

While he doesn't follow it in the video, read the description for his strategy. Here it is:

The Strategy:
#1 - Circle Shredder until he fires an energy blast from his hands. Then hit him a couple of times then back away. Continue circling and attack when he does this move again.
#2 - Repeat step #1 until Shredder uses his one hit kill move where he levitates
#3 - Once Shredder starts levitating, get above or below him. When he lands immediately hit him a few times then continue to circle him until he does that move again.
#4 - Repeat step #4 until Shredder dies.

Following this strategy is foolproof. It is perfectly safe to lay into Shredder after he uses the energy blast. He will jump back before he counters most times. The instakill move is an utter joke so long as you pay attention. He only uses these moves (and are his only ranged moves) when you are to his direct left or right, so you can completely control when he uses them.

All in all, I'd say my biggest challenge was Tokka and Razzar, honestly. Sewer Surfin' is annoying, but early enough it's not too bad. Starbase can be difficult, but take it slow and it's quite easy.
Lancet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #111
x TEEDGE x

PRESTEEDGE's Gamercard
Followed the tips and it worked, thanks a bunch! Took me almost 3 years to get motivated to try this achievement
Old 01-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #112
Reytrill

Reytrill's Gamercard
i once got to level 8 starbase and died really early in the level due to all the early traps but if i would have made it to krang i know how to beat him so i could have gotten the achievement because shredder is pretty easy but next time i get to level 8 im going to use a youtube video so i can see what is coming next traps enemys
Reytrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:36 AM   #113
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Good job to the people that got this achievement. Personally i am not patient enough nowadays... When i was young, i could play a fun game so much so i would know the whole pattern of ennemies, i did Contra without loosing a life a tons of time on NES...i knew the game entirely. On Xbox i manage to do it without loosing a continue or whatever was required to unlock the achievement but i had to do the "extra lifes" tip on killing ennemies during a couple minutes at a couple places... And the game is actually shorter than the NES version...

I post on this thread mostly because today i did an achievement(beat shredder without being turned into a regular turtle) for the old 1989 arcade game. I remember this as TMNT2 on NES, i never beat it when i was young and today, thanks i had unlimited lifes as i got the shit beaten out of me. The boss are just unkillable without dying multiple times or having the Raph glitch(standing on them so they can't hit you) even when you do one attack at a time... i died so many time.

So just thinking about beating this in one life is . I know its easier overall as a game than the 1989 game, but still just one life... i would need to replay and replay it countless time to master it... with today's game and all, it ain't like when i was young, i hate retrying all the time... only games i didn't mind dying all the time was COD mostly because there a checkpoint every 30 secs so it ain't too bad.

Anyway i don't even know why im saying, lol, just saying i don't have the patience to do this, so good job to those who did.

Gears of War Legend
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote