PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2013, 11:05 PM   #331
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I'm calling it now, the most difficult Single Player achievement is definitely "Close Shave". I was starting to get pretty frustrated while doing these. Tip: Don't try them in the rain, because your plane doesn't control too well.
Maka was telling me the same. Well, that least least 3 of them were nearly impossible.

Which aircraft are you using? I've read the Buzzard is the best choice for the achievement.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #332
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Maka was telling me the same. Well, that least least 3 of them were nearly impossible.

Which aircraft are you using? I've read the Buzzard is the best choice for the achievement.
What annoyed me with the knife flights is that the recommended plane was the one at the airfield you get from purchasing it as Trevor, but every time I went to use it, it would start a mission. Also, I'll bump this in case anyone didn't see it, but for Maka's 15th knife flight, you do NOT have to go through that tiny, tiny area. You can just fly through the buildings to the right of it instead and it works.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #333
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:

I used the Frogger for 48/50 bridges, but then had to change to the Buzzard for the last two because the propeller is just too big to fit through the gap with the Frogger. The bridges are really easy though, so there's no problem there.

For the Knife Flights, I used the red plane from the Airstrip (the one used for Arms Trafficking). The majority of the KFs are easy, but there are some really frustrating ones, like the one where you have a gap that is only slightly wider than your actual plane, and one where you kind of slither around the building.

Abusing the Quick Save feature is a massive help while attempting them, because you will die quite a few times.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #334
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Bump. Bump.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:41 AM   #335
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Bump. Bump.
Will it not get pinned until there's more info or something?

Finished the alien and letter collectibles, wooo.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:44 AM   #336
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Will it not get pinned until there's more info or something?

Finished the alien and letter collectibles, wooo.
Guides and other useful threads usually get pinned if a mod is in the forums for that game and see it's not pinned yet, or if the OP posts in one of two different threads called "sticky request" threads found in the forums of the site.

I've posted it there Wednesday evening but they haven't gotten to it yet, which is upsetting because they are usually really quick with pinning things

And nice job dude! I was going to do the letters tonight but got lazy and did some side missions instead.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #337
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
I used the Frogger for 48/50 bridges, but then had to change to the Buzzard for the last two because the propeller is just too big to fit through the gap with the Frogger. The bridges are really easy though, so there's no problem there.

For the Knife Flights, I used the red plane from the Airstrip (the one used for Arms Trafficking). The majority of the KFs are easy, but there are some really frustrating ones, like the one where you have a gap that is only slightly wider than your actual plane, and one where you kind of slither around the building.

Abusing the Quick Save feature is a massive help while attempting them, because you will die quite a few times.
I guess people overlooked the two posts I put about the Knife Flights, because the one with the gap that is slightly wider than your plane doesn't need to be flown through to get that one. The buildings that are a part of that gap work for that flight.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #338
Hishoa

Red face

welp, i'm bored and I figured I'd be a needless nit-pick -- hope you don't mind, BiggD!

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen, Grand Theft Auto V is here and it is certainly the most phenomenal games [should be singular] that the year has to offer. Set in the state of San Andreas, GTA V follows the story of three very different men as they pursue the criminal underworld in pursuit of man’s greatest goal [the word pursue followed by pursuit seems a little redundant, if not wordy. Might want to revise it.]: lots and lots of money. The game is presented in an open-world [reads better as "open world", the hyphen isn't suitable in this context], which can be freely roamed at your own pace. Unlike previous titles, the entirety of San Andreas (Los Santos and Blaine County) is open from the start, so you can choose to explore the world before taking on the Single Player missions, side activities, and everything else San Andreas has to offer. Achievement wise, your time will be split pretty evenly between the Single Player portion of the game, and the Multiplayer portion of the game: GTA Online. Please take note however, that GTA Online does not launch until October 1st. Overall, you’ll need to dedicate 100+ hours towards GTA V in order to see the game complete. I know for a fact that each and every hour you invest into this game will be worth it. Be prepared for one of the greatest gaming experiences ever and remember, have fun!

Story

Like any open-world [this, for example, is the proper use of a hyphen!] Single Player title, there is no suggested or recommend order in how you should go about your playthrough. Keep in mind however, [comma unneccesarily breaks up this sentence; it reads better without it] that you will need to complete the main storyline, obtain 70 Gold Medals between the story missions and side missions, earn a Gold Medal in a few hobbies and pastimes, [the other comma's are appropriate, however there doesn't need to be a comma before the connective "and"] and uncover the entire map. While there’s so much to do in the world, things might get a little overwhelming, so play at a comfortable pace and make sure to spread out your time between all three characters and all the different missions and activities.

GTA Online

COMING OCTOBER 1ST – STANDBY FOR INFORMATION IN TWO WEEKS!

Miscellaneous

There are several achievements that are not directly tied to the story and side missions. Tasks such as surviving three minutes on a 3-Star Wanted level chase, fully modifying both a weapon and vehicle, making profit in the stock market, delivering a bounty target alive, and spending $200 million between all three characters are just the premise of these miscellaneous achievements. You will also need to take into consideration that there are a handful of collectibles in this game in the forms of space ship parts, letter scraps, toxic waste, stunt jumps and aerial challenges. Remember that all these side achievements can be obtained at anytime.

WARNING: On the last story mission, you will be playing as Franklin. The doorbell will ring and Devin will ask you to do something. CHOOSE OPTION "C" or else you can miss the following achievements: Career Criminal, TP Industries Arms Race, Multi-Disciplined, Waste Management, Red Mist, Kifflom!, Three Man Army, Altruist Acolyte, & Wanted: Alive or Alive.

Mop Up

If you have missed any Single Player or Online achievements during your time on Grand Theft Auto V, hop back into either portion of the game for a clean up of whatever it is you may have missed. Chances are you will need to hunt down some more collectibles, work on your Gold Medals for Single Player, Platinum Awards for GTA Online, or even continue your journey towards that epic Level 100. At any rate, make sure you swipe the remainder of these achievements before putting this game back on the shelf…although we all know that won’t happen for a long time!

Conclusion

This game is bound to leave anyone dumbstruck. From the moment the game is booted up, everything Grand Theft Auto V has to offer is beyond video game standards as we know it. With one of the most memorable and beautiful crafted open-worlds, characters, missions, and soundtrack, GTA V is literally a perfect game for any gamer. The achievements may take a very long time to complete, but let’s put our OCD aside for a minute and appreciate the gem that Rockstar has given us before the next generation of consoles arrive in November. GTA V will forever be known as one of – if not THE – most entertaining video games of this current generation.
other than the corrections, all looks good! upon reading this however, seems you're hyping the shit out of this game that i'm afraid i'll let myself down once i get to play it.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #339
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
welp, i'm bored and I figured I'd be a needless nit-pick -- hope you don't mind, BiggD!

other than the corrections, all looks good! upon reading this however, seems you're hyping the shit out of this game that i'm afraid i'll let myself down once i get to play it.
I don't mind I'll make some of those grammatical fixes.

And nah, the game IS really good, for someone to play it and not be that interested in it, well...that's honestly crazy because this game has tons to do and can appeal to everyone.

Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #340
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
You could include the cab idea for the spaceship parts achievement too and maybe add a potential spoiler alert before that red warning above the guide, it could be considered kind of spoilery knowing characters have to die.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:18 AM   #341
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
You could include the cab idea for the spaceship parts achievement too and maybe add a potential spoiler alert before that red warning above the guide, it could be considered kind of spoilery knowing characters have to die.
I thought the spoiler tag looked mighty ugly in the roadmap, I have bad OCD. Thinks it's worth putting it anyways, or at least a HUGE spoiler font in pretty colors?

Old 09-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #342
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
The warning kind of feels like if you follow what it says, then the achievements that follow will not be missable. However that does not appear to be the case when reading why those achievements are missable later in the guide.

Not a big problem, but might mess up somebody that thinks "I'll just play for fun and as long as I pick option C, I'll be able to get all the achievements." Personally that's what I was thinking, but decided to double check just in case.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #343
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
I thought the spoiler tag looked mighty ugly in the roadmap, I have bad OCD. Thinks it's worth putting it anyways, or at least a HUGE spoiler font in pretty colors?
You could just make it look like this: Warning (Potential Spoiler):

I'm trying to think how you could phrase it in a short but proper way. It's not a direct spoiler exactly but it's enough information that it could be considered a spoiler. At the same time you want people to read the warning. Maybe include two separate parts of the warning. The first part explaining it. I don't know, it's above my pay grade.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:52 AM   #344
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
The warning kind of feels like if you follow what it says, then the achievements that follow will not be missable. However that does not appear to be the case when reading why those achievements are missable later in the guide.

Not a big problem, but might mess up somebody that thinks "I'll just play for fun and as long as I pick option C, I'll be able to get all the achievements." Personally that's what I was thinking, but decided to double check just in case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
You could just make it look like this: Warning (Potential Spoiler):

I'm trying to think how you could phrase it in a short but proper way. It's not a direct spoiler exactly but it's enough information that it could be considered a spoiler. At the same time you want people to read the warning. Maybe include two separate parts of the warning. The first part explaining it. I don't know, it's above my pay grade.
Yeah, I was having this problem earlier today. I don't know how to word it without giving a hint away that something happens. I don't know, I might just leave it the way it is

Old 09-21-2013, 03:00 AM   #345
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, I was having this problem earlier today. I don't know how to word it without giving a hint away that something happens. I don't know, I might just leave it the way it is
(This is assuming that the near end mission titles don't contain spoilers themselves) Maybe separate them into "Finish these achievements before starting X mission" or "Once you get mission X, do these achievements before you continue" then have the "Pick option C" achievements.

I can see how it's hard to word, but even as it is worded now, the reader probably thinks something has to happen anyways or they wouldn't have to pick option C to avoid missing anything.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:19 AM   #346
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Altruist Acolyte picture added in! Thanks to B A R 4 D for the location, and Power Pyx for the picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob101910 View Post
(This is assuming that the near end mission titles don't contain spoilers themselves) Maybe separate them into "Finish these achievements before starting X mission" or "Once you get mission X, do these achievements before you continue" then have the "Pick option C" achievements.

I can see how it's hard to word, but even as it is worded now, the reader probably thinks something has to happen anyways or they wouldn't have to pick option C to avoid missing anything.
That seems like it would confuse those who aren't as aware of this as you, me, and the few others who were discussing this. Hmm, I'll think of something in the days to come. Hopefully it doesn't bother me too much, little stuff like this gets on my nerves.

Old 09-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #347
Drazsyker

Drazsyker's Gamercard
For whatever reason I'm not getting some of the "Finish x mission" achievements :/
100% Retail - Madden NFL 06 | The Sims 3
100% Arcade - Minecraft | Sonic the Fighters
Drazsyker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #348
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazsyker View Post
For whatever reason I'm not getting some of the "Finish x mission" achievements :/
Such as? I haven't had a problem with them thus far, though I've only unlocked a few (doing everything else before beating these last 20 story missions) and I needed to take a break to do something else. I've been playing this game almost non-stop since Tuesday, except for sleep.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:43 AM   #349
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Updating the guide...

Altruist Acolyte isn't missable, really. There's actually more than 6 random encounters in which you can bring a stranger up there...AND, the game automatically tells you that you should bring them there the very first time a stranger gets into your car. I've even added a picture of the perfect time to get this done.

EDIT: Further updating....not going to list Wanted: Alive or Alive as missable either...as there are 5+ opportunities in which you can get this, and the VERY first one is not only detailed here, but it appears on your map as soon as Trevor is playable so there's no missing the mission.

Last edited by BiggD; 09-21-2013 at 04:47 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #350
Drazsyker

Drazsyker's Gamercard
I didn't get The Monument of Truth, Subversive or A Fairy Day's Pay even though I did the missions. Haven't used cheats either, do you need to get gold in the missions or something for the achievement to unlock, or are they just glitched for me?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:50 AM   #351
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
I didn't get The Monument of Truth, Subversive or A Fairy Day's Pay even though I did the missions. Haven't used cheats either, do you need to get gold in the missions or something for the achievement to unlock, or are they just glitched for me?
Definitely sounds like a glitch. You're 100% sure you did the corresponding mission?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #352
Drazsyker

Drazsyker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Definitely sounds like a glitch. You're 100% sure you did the corresponding mission?
Yeah, I have about twelve missions left and they show up on my Social Club. Hopefully I can just replay them, if not then I guess I have to play this incredible game over again!
Old 09-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #353
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, I have about twelve missions left and they show up on my Social Club. Hopefully I can just replay them, if not then I guess I have to play this incredible game over again!
Shame shame!

Perhaps completing the mission again will net you the achievements, or maybe someone else might have an answer/had the same thing happen to them.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #354
MadaRenrut

Send a message via AIM to MadaRenrut

MadaRenrut's Gamercard
Confirmed for me

I purchased every upgrade for my vehicle, left no achievement. Went back in bought all new upgrades to my vehicle. Left no achievement switched characters took their car to shop all new upgrades left no achievement went back in all new upgrades no achievement. Have spent a ton of money in upgrades on top of upgrades no achievement.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #355
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Updating the guide...

Altruist Acolyte isn't missable, really. There's actually more than 6 random encounters in which you can bring a stranger up there...AND, the game automatically tells you that you should bring them there the very first time a stranger gets into your car. I've even added a picture of the perfect time to get this done.

EDIT: Further updating....not going to list Wanted: Alive or Alive as missable either...as there are 5+ opportunities in which you can get this, and the VERY first one is not only detailed here, but it appears on your map as soon as Trevor is playable so there's no missing the mission.
No, they're both missable.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Just because you have multiple chances at an achievement, doesn't mean it's not missable. If you reach any point in the game where it is no longer possible to go back and get an achievement then it's missable.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #356
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I know this a stupid question, but where can I get a plane AND helicopter with ease?

I'm looking to do the Knife/bridges but only place I can get a plane is the airport but it's not a stunt version, and I have no clue on where I can get a helicopter.

Quote:
I've just unlocked this. You need to get one Gold medal in the following activities:

Triathlon
Street Race (The Stranger mission "Shift Work" is the only one I've done, and you need to get Gold on it.)
Sea Race
Off-Road Race
Flight School (I've done them all to Gold with Michael)
Shooting Range (I've only done the Pistol one, all to Gold)

I've done 2 Assassination missions and only 1 Arms Trafficking Air. I earned Gold in them, so I can't confirm if they're needed.
I've done no Assassinations/Arms Trafficking and I've just unlocked the achievement.

1 Street Race: Gold
1 Sea Race: Gold
1 Off-Road Race: Gold
Flight School: Variety
Shooting Range: Variety
Old 09-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #357
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I know this a stupid question, but where can I get a plane AND helicopter with ease?

I'm looking to do the Knife/bridges but only place I can get a plane is the airport but it's not a stunt version, and I have no clue on where I can get a helicopter.
I used the plane at the airport for all of them, and I used the Frogger from the airport for 48/50 bridges, and then the Buzzard from the NOOSE base for the last 2.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:24 AM   #358
ckingvengence

ckingrevenge's Gamercard
i know it's been said before but i'm just confirming that you DON'T have to get a gold in shift work for multi-disciplined, i just got the achievement and i did:
sea race-gold
off-road race-gold
triathlon-gold
shooting range-all done gold in some
flight school-up to touchdown all gold
shift work-silver

i think it counts coming in first place as a gold medal in shift work.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:25 AM   #359
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
I used the plane at the airport for all of them, and I used the Frogger from the airport for 48/50 bridges, and then the Buzzard from the NOOSE base for the last 2.
Not sure what the frogger is, only plane I've got from the airport was a private jet like one.

Also, where's the NOOSE base? I've not done a massive amounts of the story (32 mission), so I may not of come across this yet.

Still trying to figure out how to get enough money to buy properties!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #360
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
Finished last night with option C, gonna replay final mission from a save, with A and B but at least my achievements are safe.