PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Anime and Manga
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #14731
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch3315 View Post
Happiness! Jun is the greatest trap ever.
Wow, searched it up, you might be right.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:42 PM   #14732
Ice Car

Send a message via Skype™ to Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch3315 View Post
Happiness! Jun is the greatest trap ever.
I saw that but I also saw how low the anime was rated on MAL so I kinda decided to avoid it.

Anyway I'm only watching Genshiken right now for the trap. I like how the subtitles keep referring to him with female pronouns despite everything. I kinda like it so I think I'll go back to previous seasons and watch those. They have entirely different sets of characters, right? As long as the characters are solid it should be decently enjoyable.

TumblrAnime ListHummingbirdYouTube

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Last edited by Ice Car; 09-20-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Ice Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:56 PM   #14733
otaking live

Send a message via MSN to otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
My new stuff. Incase you don't check the collection thread.

OH! And as for MAL I logged on my PC and approved Pants, KillerBea, Tomatoe and Miyu. I can't remember anyone elses name so remember mine is otaking97

Last edited by otaking live; 09-20-2013 at 11:59 PM.
otaking live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:59 PM   #14734
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Tragic Melody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
^Dunno almost all of that pile.

Helping Hand Award Nominations || Please disable your ad blocker for XBA!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.
Ceris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:18 AM   #14735
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

There aren't that many traps out there in anime are there? I like watching the cast constantly question their sexuality.

Oh well. I think I'll try Happiness some time because I'm bored right now.

Oh, and the new Love Lab was pretty good. I really want Riko to stop being a bitch and just come out and say it but that's probably going to happen in the last episode.

Also Maki is Top Tier. There is no arguing this.

Last edited by Ice Car; 09-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #14736
otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Silver   XBA Promoter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
^Dunno almost all of that pile.

...........damn noobs.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:22 AM   #14737
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

The first and only Mahou Shoujo I've ever watched was Madoka Magica and that was only a few days ago. Let alone Sailor Moon. I can't really get into that kinda girly shit, lol.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:24 AM   #14738
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
The only two I recognize are Sailor Moon and GTO. What are the others?
Old 09-21-2013, 12:36 AM   #14739
otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomacyde View Post

Sailor Moon and GTO are the big ones there. But people should at least know of Dirty Pair, Ranma 1/2, Gatchaman and Project A-ko.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #14740
Miyu
© region free

Miyu Greer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Yay! Sailor Moon S. I have Sailor Moon S: The Movie.
Miyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #14741
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Awards Showcase CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Car View Post
The first and only Mahou Shoujo I've ever watched was Madoka Magica and that was only a few days ago. Let alone Sailor Moon. I can't really get into that kinda girly shit, lol.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/688/Uta_Kata

Top recommendation is perfect. That, Madoka and Fate/kaleid liner Fate Prisma are the only Magical Girl anime I've watched. Malgraph considers Shana magical girl for some reason though :shrug:

Also, Riko is my favorite in Love Lab... She's definitely not a bitch, wtf?

Quote:
An ad blocker prevents the ad from loading in the first place, and the counter is on the ad's side, not the site's. As such, an ad blocker stops the increment from going up and no revenue is generated as a result of your page views.

Last edited by Ceris; 09-21-2013 at 01:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #14742
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Za Pantsupati's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Finished Another tonight. I wasn't huge on the premise or the twist at the end, but I thought the overall execution of the plot was good, the Final Destination shit was awesome, and the final two episodes where everything devolves were fantastic. 6/10.

Future Diary (Mirai Nikki) next.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited by The Pants Party; 09-24-2013 at 12:17 PM.
The Pants Party is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:10 AM   #14743
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - The Pants Party
Quote:
There aren't that many traps out there in anime are there? I like watching the cast constantly question their sexuality.

Oh, and the new Love Lab was pretty good. I really want Riko to stop being a bitch and just come out and say it but that's probably going to happen in the last episode.

Also Maki is Top Tier. There is no arguing this.

Not sure if you read manga, but if you want a story with a "trap" that is very good, I suggest you read Prunus girl. Best "trap" IMO:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTomacyde View Post
Pretty much the same for me, till I saw Ranma 1/2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaking live View Post
Sailor Moon and GTO are the big ones there. But people should at least know of Dirty Pair, Ranma 1/2, Gatchaman and Project A-ko.

Never heard of this one.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #14744
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
Not sure if you read manga, but if you want a story with a "trap" that is very good, I suggest you read Prunus girl. Best "trap" IMO:
There's like so much trap manga that there's an entire genre for it isn't there? I suppose I could check it out if I ever got around to reading manga. I'd probably start with something higher on my priority list like TWGOK or something.

I don't read much manga probably because I'm not the kind of person that likes to read. I've only read like 3 or so actual books (discounting any kiddie books I've read when I was younger) all the way through in my entire life I think, or at least within recent memory.

Plus I can't play my DS while I'm reading Manga so uh i can't

Last edited by Ice Car; 09-21-2013 at 02:28 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:57 AM   #14745
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
There's like so much trap manga that there's an entire genre for it isn't there? I suppose I could check it out if I ever got around to reading manga. I'd probably start with something higher on my priority list like TWGOK or something.

I don't read much manga probably because I'm not the kind of person that likes to read. I've only read like 3 or so actual books (discounting any kiddie books I've read when I was younger) all the way through in my entire life I think, or at least within recent memory.

Plus I can't play my DS while I'm reading Manga so uh i can't
LOL, funny guy man.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:43 AM   #14746
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
LOL, funny guy man.
well i am pretty good at dividing my attention and i only really do it in anime that aren't plot-heavy or have no plot at all sooo

when i watch stuff like steins gate i pay full attention to it

Edit: I skipped to the second season of To-Love Ru just to see if I'd like it better and it's pretty okay. There are so many misunderstandings that could have been cleared up before something went wrong if he had just fucking spoken up. Pretty much everyone in the school and all of his friends are aware of the kind of shit Lala's inventions can do. If he just fucking explained he could clear it up. But I guess that would be besides the point. It happens to often though that it bothers me a little.

This series just overall feels like a Nyaruko-San clone. Or is it the other way around? Well, at least Lala isn't as annoying as Nyaruko. She's just a little annoying but she doesn't constantly make advances at MC guy. She's sort of just there to act as a sort of wild card I guess.

I still find it amazing that there are three seasons of this implying that with as big of a harem as he has he STILL hasn't fucking picked someone, after all these situations where he had a chance to get some.

And jeez, what's with all the censor bars? It's an Ecchi harem. What's wrong with showing underwear or boobs from time to time? That unusually perfectly angled glare isn't even fucking subtle.

Last edited by Ice Car; 09-21-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:55 AM   #14747
Mitch3315

parra pride's Gamercard
Quote:
This series just overall feels like a Nyaruko-San clone. Or is it the other way around?
To LOVE-Ru was around long before Nyaruko-san was.

Quote:
And jeez, what's with all the censor bars? It's an Ecchi harem. What's wrong with showing underwear or boobs from time to time? That unusually perfectly angled glare isn't even fucking subtle.
Download the BDs and stop watching TV rips, I have never watched a series of To LOVE-Ru as it airs for that reason.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:28 AM   #14748
otaking live

Otaking Live's Gamercard

Quote:

Never heard of this one.

Wow, thought Dirty Pair would be one people would know. Kei and Yuri are known as the original girls with guns. Numerous seasons, ovas and movies.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #14749
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
well i am pretty good at dividing my attention and i only really do it in anime that aren't plot-heavy or have no plot at all sooo

Edit: I skipped to the second season of To-Love Ru just to see if I'd like it better and it's pretty okay. There are so many misunderstandings that could have been cleared up before something went wrong if he had just fucking spoken up. Pretty much everyone in the school and all of his friends are aware of the kind of shit Lala's inventions can do. If he just fucking explained he could clear it up. But I guess that would be besides the point. It happens to often though that it bothers me a little.

This series just overall feels like a Nyaruko-San clone. Or is it the other way around? Well, at least Lala isn't as annoying as Nyaruko. She's just a little annoying but she doesn't constantly make advances at MC guy. She's sort of just there to act as a sort of wild card I guess.

I still find it amazing that there are three seasons of this implying that with as big of a harem as he has he STILL hasn't fucking picked someone, after all these situations where he had a chance to get some.

Ah okay.

But yea, that's something I don't understand, in most harems the MC's are so stupid and don't even react to the numerous women who "want the D" - yet in another show *cough* School days *cough* everyone berates the MC for being a playa'.

You've also mentioned 1 of the things which greatly annoy me in shows like that - the misunderstandings, but to elaborate it's when someone - normally the childhood friend who loves the MC catches him in an awkward position with another girl (normally this girl is the main female character). The guy doesn't even clarify why they were in that position, then promptly gets kicked in the face. I mean jesus, just explain the situation and it'll be fine, why the fuck are these guys so stupid?

Second problem is the nose bleeds/reactions to half naked/naked girls. I mean jesus, calm the fuck down, it's why I like other characters like Accelerator that don't overreact when seeing someone naked, I mean hell look at this comparison between Accelerator and the pussy Touma:

Accelerator:

Touma:

Old 09-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #14750
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Awards Showcase Road Map - Diamond   Staff - Super Moderator   Micro Guide - Platinum   15,000 Posts   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - The Pants Party   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   Referrals - Gold
It's called comedy, bros. A calm, logical ending to a situation is boring. Nosebleeds and ladies kicking dudes in the chops are ALWAYS funny.

Old 09-21-2013, 12:26 PM   #14751
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
It's called comedy, bros. A calm, logical ending to a situation is boring. Nosebleeds and ladies kicking dudes in the chops are ALWAYS funny.
Don't get me wrong, it is funny the first or second time, but not when there's 3 per episode, it just gets annoying and redundant.

sdfsgdhfgjhkj
Old 09-21-2013, 12:46 PM   #14752
The Pants Party
You're Not Invited

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
ALWAYS funny.
QFT.

/10char

Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #14753
hydrosugar

xFightingSaintx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:

Happiness is awful, only good thing about it is Jun. Watch Ixion Saga, it has an awesome trap, and unlike Happiness is good in general. Gintama-esque humour too.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #14754
Ceris
Why So Ceris-nya?

Quote:

A few things. How much are you missing by skipping S1? I heard S1 doesn't follow the manga. Next: MC is too stupid to clear up a misunderstanding in To Love-ru. Also, I though Nyarko was an awesome character, not annoying at all. Too bad the comedy didn't click with me and I still haven't finished S1.

Quote:
Ah okay.

But yea, that's something I don't understand, in most harems the MC's are so stupid and don't even react to the numerous women who "want the D" - yet in another show *cough* School days *cough* everyone berates the MC for being a playa'.
I just had to quote this. I say this all the time if we are talking about harem leads. In fact, I said it just 3-5 days ago in a party with Cmpunk and Toon, either of them might be able to verify (if they were paying attention in party). Everyone bashes Makoto even though they complain about MCs doing nothing.

Quote:

Last edited by Ceris; 09-21-2013 at 04:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #14755
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Quote:
It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. You could have a harem protagonist like Kodaka or something that basically just doesn't give a shit half the time and isn't incompetent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
A few things. How much are you missing by skipping S1? I heard S1 doesn't follow the manga. Next: MC is too stupid to clear up a misunderstanding in To Love-ru. Also, I though Nyarko was an awesome character, not annoying at all. Too bad the comedy didn't click with me and I still haven't finished S1.
I don't think I'm missing much. Most of the characters are introduced by then and their relation/role isn't explained like when it comes to some second seasons, unfortunately.

I started watching and kept watching because I liked most of the characters and there was a degree of unpredictability in what could happen, though that's immediately gone once it starts because it'll almost always predictably end in some misunderstanding, or through some strange, coincidental set of events, turn into something sexual. Most of them seem so forced and unnecessary it's a little annoying to watch.

Edit: This place seems kinda dead lately. Is that my fault? I keep killing the thread, lol

New AOT was pretty good.

Last edited by Ice Car; 09-22-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #14756
alec613

Kamisama Inai Nichiyoubi had so much potential, what a waste!

The anime had a lot you could ask for in an anime : awesome visuals, compelling characters, unique and imaginative settings, a good soundtrack.

The problem was Kamisama Inai Nichiyoubi was just way too grand for a 1-cour series.
I believe they crammed supposedly 3 long arcs in just 12 episodes. Pacing was just so fast, and I believe plenty of important stuff have been omitted, which made some crucial developments in the anime feel random or hard to believe.

The anime, despite rushed, has many great standalone episodes, so I can only praise the original material for that

Last edited by alec613; 09-22-2013 at 10:48 AM.
alec613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #14757
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
It doesn't have to be one extreme or the other. You could have a harem protagonist like Kodaka or something that basically just doesn't give a shit half the time and isn't incompetent.

I don't think I'm missing much. Most of the characters are introduced by then and their relation/role isn't explained like when it comes to some second seasons, unfortunately.

I started watching and kept watching because I liked most of the characters and there was a degree of unpredictability in what could happen, though that's immediately gone once it starts because it'll almost always predictably end in some misunderstanding, or through some strange, coincidental set of events, turn into something sexual. Most of them seem so forced and unnecessary it's a little annoying to watch.

Edit: This place seems kinda dead lately. Is that my fault? I keep killing the thread, lol

New AOT was pretty good.

Well Kodak had his reasons. Yea the thread isn't as fast as it once was, but it isn't necessarily a bad thing. Some members stopped posting to my knowledge, which is fine by me =).

AOT IMO is kind of overhyped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec613 View Post

The anime had a lot you could ask for in an anime : awesome visuals, compelling characters, unique and imaginative settings, a good soundtrack.

The problem was Kamisama Inai Nichiyoubi was just way too grand for a 1-cour series.
I believe they crammed supposedly 3 long arcs in just 12 episodes. Pacing was just so fast, and I believe plenty of important stuff have been omitted, which made some crucial developments in the anime feel random or hard to believe.

The anime, despite rushed, has many great standalone episodes, so I can only praise the original material for that
Is there a fully translated light novel or manga somewhere?
Old 09-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #14758
Ice Car

Ice Car's Gamercard

Tomorrow is the last episode of Megami Hen. Can't wait.

I think I might start Ichigo Mashimaru next or Mawaru Penguindrum next.

Old 09-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #14759
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Quote:
Tomorrow is the last episode of Megami Hen. Can't wait.

I think I might start Ichigo Mashimaru next or Mawaru Penguindrum next.
A few weeks ago I said, "The last episode will be called 'The memory of my first Love" and BAM, the last episode is in fact called that.

This episode will be great, I'm sure you guys will definitely enjoy it.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #14760
xTomacyde

xTomacyde's Gamercard
Quote:

New AOT was pretty good.
You seem to watch a lot of Harem anime, aren't you used to them by now?

Institutions stopped posting, Tehapoc stopped posting (as much), EliteShadowMan broke his laptop (more than likely from rage), I used to post more often when I was on summer break but I'm back in school now, and as for everyone else, I have no clue.

AOT disappoints me so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alec613 View Post

Even with it being rushed, I'd still say its being done pretty well, and I agree those visuals are amazing.

Last edited by xTomacyde; 09-23-2013 at 12:37 AM.
xTomacyde is online now   Reply With Quote