Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 AM   #1021
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troy0891 x360a View Post
It kinda started to feel a little repetitive there in the middle (but that's largely because I was doing ALL of the side quests before continuing the story. And the side quests were almost all just doing every single activity on the map. I do all the activities anyways, it was just kinda weird doing them as part of the missions. This game was different than the 3 previous iterations since there was really just the one story line. In all 3 previous games you had to go take out 3 other gangs to progress the main story.
I tend to approach open-world games like that as well, doing all side quests first which end up making the game a little tedious instead of spacing them out.

I don't know, I guess it's just the whole superpower aspect that turn me off!

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:02 AM   #1022
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Once you finish Conviction, dive into Blacklist. It'll make Conviction look awful

Yeah, I've heard there's some pretty nasty bugs in SRIV and how it's also very repetitive and grindy. I think I'm gonna give it a miss.
You're hyping up a game that has 8 single player missions and can be finished in a day. lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 PM   #1023
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
You're hyping up a game that has 8 single player missions and can be finished in a day. lol.
Eleven, Gackt, eleven Single Player missions. Get your facts straight! Yes the game is short and there's not much replayability, but it's still good!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #1024
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
Eleven, Gackt, eleven Single Player missions. Get your facts straight! Yes the game is short and there's not much replayability, but it's still good!
Clearly you and I have different definitions of the word good lol.
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:43 AM   #1025
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Send a message via Skype™ to troy0891 x360a

troy0891 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 13 (more» ...)
Quote:
I tend to approach open-world games like that as well, doing all side quests first which end up making the game a little tedious instead of spacing them out.

I don't know, I guess it's just the whole superpower aspect that turn me off!
The Super Powers were actually extremely awesome. I was a little skeptical at first but omg, srsly fantastic. And they made sense given the premise.
And check the GreenBook for abandoned works you may be able to lend a hand on
My Blog
troy0891 x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 04:45 AM   #1026
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
And they made sense given the premise.
I mean, how much do you need to justify super powers in a game where aliens abduct a president who destroyed a nuke with his bare hands?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 AM   #1027
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
http://kotaku.com/when-players-freak...hem-1241208287

Someone sent me a link to this. We've been featured on a site for some comments that people made years ago.

Quote:
Nelboros

Xbox360achievements.org appeals to chavs, trash and insecure males. What else is new? Did you know that they specifically mark females on the forums with a forum badge, and that badge is a chick in a bikini with guns? It's the weirdest forum I've ever seen that will stamp you with a target for the scumbags on the site.
ahahaha

Last edited by Inebriated Jedi; 09-03-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #1028
Jakez123
That's so cliché

Jakez123's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 3   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Over Achiever - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Winner   Staff Club - * Clueless *
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inebriated Jedi View Post
http://kotaku.com/when-players-freak...hem-1241208287

Someone sent me a link to this. We've been featured on a site for some comments that people made years ago.

ahahaha
I was looking at the author of the article, didn't some other game journalist guy rip her a new one because all she posts about is controversial stuff and gives the game journalists a bad name?

EDIT: Yea I searched it, it was Marcus Beer

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...ng-for-outrage At 6 minutes he shows a screenshot of this authors page. Shouldn't take it seriously.

Last edited by Jakez123; 09-03-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Jakez123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1029
Inebriated Jedi

Send a message via Skype™ to Inebriated Jedi

Inebriated Jedi's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Staff Club - Inebriated Jedi   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   Three Lives Remaining - Finalist   Donator - Level 1   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - * Clueless *   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakez123 View Post
I was looking at the author of the article, didn't some other game journalist guy rip her a new one because all she posts about is controversial stuff and gives the game journalists a bad name?

EDIT: Yea I searched it, it was Marcus Beer

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/v...ng-for-outrage At 6 minutes he shows a screenshot of this authors page. Shouldn't take it seriously.
Oh, I'm not surprised.

I just think it's a little sad that this person is using comments from 2010 to make us look bad. I guess they were desperate for hits.

Inebriated Jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #1030
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   Staff - Guide Team   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   1,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   x360a Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Oh, I'm not surprised.

I just think it's a little sad that this person is using comments from 2010 to make us look bad. I guess they were desperate for hits.
Gotta love too that they're only using screen caps from the achievement comments and not even from the forums. There's not even an option to report a post in the comments on achievements. The comment sections are full of randoms, many of whom never even come to the forums at all.
My Blog
Old 09-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #1031
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Oh, I'm not surprised.

Yah that was worth a laugh.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #1032
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
The Super Powers were actually extremely awesome. I was a little skeptical at first but omg, srsly fantastic. And they made sense given the premise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I mean, how much do you need to justify super powers in a game where aliens abduct a president who destroyed a nuke with his bare hands?
One day maybe I'll play it

Old 09-03-2013, 09:37 PM   #1033
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
One day maybe I'll play it
I'm having a pretty good time playing it right now. It's basically like Crackdown 2, except it's fun.

Also, personal drama; I just got a bill in the mail from a community college I went to 5 years ago for about 3 days before dropping out to take the job I have now. It's for $750. Awesome. Great. Just blew a ton of money this weekend, now I get to spend more and not even have fun.
Quote:
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Old 09-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #1034
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-Rex View Post
I'm having a pretty good time playing it right now. It's basically like Crackdown 2, except it's fun.

Also, personal drama; I just got a bill in the mail from a community college I went to 5 years ago for about 3 days before dropping out to take the job I have now. It's for $750. Awesome. Great. Just blew a ton of money this weekend, now I get to spend more and not even have fun.
What are they billing you for? Sounds like shenanigans to me. I'd be talking to the folks in Student Accounts.
My Blog
Old 09-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #1035
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
When the thread gets to be 200 pages long it will be locked. At that time we'll need a new BAR thread to post in. All BAR threads should have "BAR" in the title. There can be only one sanctioned BAR at a time.

Are you new to forums in general or just this one?
So, there can be only one???

When will the battle take place... hehehehehe
Can I bring my axe???

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:43 PM   #1036
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Quote:
What are they billing you for? Sounds like shenanigans to me. I'd be talking to the folks in Student Accounts.
I registered for a full course load, but didn't drop out in time to get all my money back. I always had a $750 balance with them, but they only ever billed me saying I had to pay it if I wanted to take more classes, so I never paid it. Evidently, they thought I was just gonna default, so they sold the debt to a collection agency. I looked them up as well as I could online, and they are a legit company. I don't want any sort of issues with my credit, so I called them and paid it off to be done with it.

It's funny, I got paid today and the charge from my weekend just processed today along with this, so at the end of the day, I have $7 more in my bank account so it feels like I only got paid $7 for two weeks work...
Quote:
Old 09-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #1037
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Cookie Monster covers Call Me Maybe

http://www.wimp.com/monstercovers/

You're welcome
My Blog
Old 09-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #1038
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Soooo, I'm starting to think about maybe actually getting GTA V... But, a friend of mine told me about

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Generally speaking this isn't something I really want to do. I wish it were optional to progress the story. Or that they had provided a less realistic and gruesome means.

Anyways, do any of you guys know what I'm talking about? Is he wrong? Is there a way around that? Is it main story or side mission?
My Blog

Last edited by troy0891 x360a; 09-21-2013 at 11:15 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #1039
KillerBEA
Keys to the Kingdom

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Soooo, I'm starting to think about maybe actually getting GTA V... But, a friend of mine told me about

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Generally speaking this isn't something I really want to do. I wish it were optional to progress the story. Or that they had provided a less realistic and gruesome means.

Anyways, do any of you guys know what I'm talking about? Is he wrong? Is there a way around that? Is it main story or side mission?
Idk what it is but your spoiler tag is broken, it keeps jumping me back to the top of the page when I click it instead of opening. In the quote on my post I changed it to something much shorter and it worked :/
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #1040
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
Idk what it is but your spoiler tag is broken, it keeps jumping me back to the top of the page when I click it instead of opening. In the quote on my post I changed it to something much shorter and it worked :/
I forgot you can't use punctuation in spoiler tags....
My Blog
Old 09-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #1041
H2O

KingStarry's Gamercard
Quote:

I'm pretty sure it has to be done but it doesn't take long and there are some options for how to go about it.

Personally i'd say don't let it stop you getting the game as it's really not that much worse than anything else you usually end up doing in a GTA game. There is also a "good" ending to that mission.

Last edited by H2O; 09-23-2013 at 11:06 AM.
H2O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #1042
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
I forgot you can't use punctuation in spoiler tags....
Don't let Creech hear you say that.

There'll be a duck face in your future.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #1043
troy0891 x360a
Guide Team Lead / Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O View Post
I'm pretty sure it has to be done but it doesn't take long and there are some options for how to go about it.

Personally i'd say don't let it stop you getting the game as it's really not that much worse than anything else you usually end up doing in a GTA game. There is also a "good" ending to that mission.
Thanks for that. I've not really played any prior GTA's. A little bit of IV but I didn't get very far...
My Blog