PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 AM   #241
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
I just did a random event that was kinda a spin off of No Country For Old Men...

Came across an open dirt valley in Blaine County with 5 trucks and a bunch of dead bodies laying about. Further up ahead, there was a Mexican dying in some grass and had a satchel of money. I picked it up and he whisper "You're a dead man" and then he died. I was driving away on the highway and two trucks chased after me.

Jesus, just like the fucking movie! Awesome stuff!!!

I know this isn't a complaint, but fuck it!
I'm so jealous. I did a mission yesterday that was almost straight from 'Heat.' It was pure sex to me, I loved it.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:53 AM   #242
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I'm so jealous. I did a mission yesterday that was almost straight from 'Heat.' It was pure sex to me, I loved it.
Hopefully you find this encounter. It was up around where you hunt elk with Cleton (spelling error) on a highway. Love how Rockstar made these little encounters And hopefully I find the one you speak of.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:57 AM   #243
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Hopefully you find this encounter. It was up around where you hunt elk with Cleton (spelling error) on a highway. Love how Rockstar made these little encounters And hopefully I find the one you speak of.
You'll immediately know what I'm talking about when you see it.

I must find this 'No Country For Old Men' encounter. If only the only person left alive was in a car asking for agua...
Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 AM   #244
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
You'll immediately know what I'm talking about when you see it.

I must find this 'No Country For Old Men' encounter. If only the only person left alive was in a car asking for agua...
Oh man, that would have been golden.

Or, if for the rest of the game, a sociopathic killer with a nice haircut follows you around!

Old 09-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #245
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Oh man, that would have been golden.

Or, if for the rest of the game, a sociopathic killer with a nice haircut follows you around!
"What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss?"

I just love the subtle nods to famous films, sites, games, etc. that you can hone in on if you know the material.

I guess to be on topic, I would've loved it if they managed to add another city like San Fierro or even Las Venturas, but I'm just absolutely loving the countryside, so I don't really mind it as much as I thought it would.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #246
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I want to bitch about the lack of Triathlons, namely the lack of huge Triathlons like the Coyote Cross Country Triathlon! That was fantastic, tense and had me yelling at Trevor to keep going! A 27 minute race where you find out just how tough your thumb is, and racers that keep you on your toes the entire time.

The rubber-banding was a bit strange (I was miles ahead and then suddenly I was passed. Didn't even see him coming up on the mini-map), but the whole race was a lot of fun!

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:58 AM   #247
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
Finished last night, was enjoyable, the last few missions didnt feel as climatic to me as previous installments, but personal opinion.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:27 AM   #248
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
I just did a random event that was kinda a spin off of No Country For Old Men...

Came across an open dirt valley in Blaine County with 5 trucks and a bunch of dead bodies laying about. Further up ahead, there was a Mexican dying in some grass and had a satchel of money. I picked it up and he whisper "You're a dead man" and then he died. I was driving away on the highway and two trucks chased after me.

Jesus, just like the fucking movie! Awesome stuff!!!

I know this isn't a complaint, but fuck it!
I got chills when I first encountered it the other day.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:20 PM   #249
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Knife flight 15... 3 times through the narrow space. No notification. It's just sad. <.<
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #250
NUFC_Matty

MytH FTW's Gamercard
Only 'bitch' I have about is it seems to be a lot shorter than GTA IV, story doesn't seem to have lasted as long as the previous addition, hopefully it is because the online is supposed to add something 'extra' other than the free roam and racing, otherwise its going to be slightly disappointing.

20,000 15/10/2011 - 25,000 21/04/2012
30,000 06/11/2012 - 35,000 28/09/2013
NUFC_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #251
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by NUFC_Matty View Post
Only 'bitch' I have about is it seems to be a lot shorter than GTA IV, story doesn't seem to have lasted as long as the previous addition, hopefully it is because the online is supposed to add something 'extra' other than the free roam and racing, otherwise its going to be slightly disappointing.
I noticed this too. IV had 93 missions while this game has 3 characters and only 69 missions. A least the mission themselves are a lot better.

---

Old 09-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #252
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
Knife flight 15... 3 times through the narrow space. No notification. It's just sad. <.<
Go through the buildings right next to that narrow space instead!! I've posted this three times in the forums and nobody is listening to me. I failed that narrow slot about ten times, and when I said "fuck it" and flew through the bigger space between the buildings, I got it.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:50 PM   #253
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
I got chills when I first encountered it the other day.

GTA V No Country For Old Men Easter Egg - YouTube
Oh my god! There's actually a YouTube video for it. Amazing, glad you found it and knew about it too

Old 09-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #254
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
What the fucking fuck!?! I just lost $284,000 of Michael's money out of fucking nowhere! I was hunting "artifacts" for the Kifflom questline and see -$284,000 appear on my screen.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #255
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
What the fucking fuck!?! I just lost $284,000 of Michael's money out of fucking nowhere! I was hunting "artifacts" for the Kifflom questline and see -$284,000 appear on my screen.
Maybe the son took it? He talks about a new TV and stuff like that.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #256
FSparacino4

im boomheadshot's Gamercard

Quote:
You managed to get Michael AIDS and that is the cost of your medical bills.
50,000 : Wei of The Road (Sleeping Dogs)
FSparacino4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:36 PM   #257
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Only 'bitch' I have about is it seems to be a lot shorter than GTA IV, story doesn't seem to have lasted as long as the previous addition,
Yeah, I'm not a fan of the way the story in this game is executed. I feel like there's some sort of disconnect, having three characters as a focal point. Gameplay wise it seems fun and interesting, but I can't feel any sort of attachment to these characters plot wise.

If there's something I like about GTA V, it's observing the changes in society from the previous installments, and watching what's new here. I think it's a charming parody on western culture, but other than that I don't care much for it.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #258
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSparacino4 View Post
You managed to get Michael AIDS and that is the cost of your medical bills.
I knew that prostitute who was practically my girlfriend was trouble!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #259
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Sigh...

You know aside from the storyline...there's over 50 Strangers & Freaks missions, 60 Hobbies & Pasttimes, and 40 Random Encounters. So yes, the story is short but look how much else there is in the game...

Old 09-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #260
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Sigh...

You know aside from the storyline...there's over 50 Strangers & Freaks missions, 60 Hobbies & Pasttimes, and 40 Random Encounters. So yes, the story is short but look how much else there is in the game...
And the online basically has its own storyline.
Old 09-21-2013, 05:26 PM   #261
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
And the online basically has its own storyline.
Exactly.

I don't understand why someone would complain that the storyline is short when the amount of things to experience and do in this game are near endless.

Old 09-21-2013, 05:51 PM   #262
Dawgmuffin

Dawgmuffin's Gamercard
Well I just spent fucking 20 minutes in the third triathlon mashing A, feeling like my arm was gunna fall off, then I accidentally bump right on the D-pad, and that's it. Poof. No more triathlon. Just sitting on a bike by myself like an asshole. They absolutely have to patch in a confirmation screen for that. Jesus.
"Beware the beast Man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death."
Dawgmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #263
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Knife flight counter is fucking GLITCHED! Spend 3 hours trying the final knife flight. Started a new game and got it first try. Seriously PISSED!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #264
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the game mechanics for escaping police. I've been on 2-stars for 10 minutes now with police searching for me.

EDIT: There is no fucking reason for this 2-star rating to last this long. It is on the mission to steal the golf club from the celebrity. I cannot get away from the 2 stars no matter what I do. Total horseshit.

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 09-21-2013 at 06:03 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #265
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
There is something SERIOUSLY wrong with the game mechanics for escaping police. I've been on 2-stars for 10 minutes now with police searching for me.
They've completely fucked up the whole system in this game tbh. Another thing is I'm not in their radius, I'm hiding under a bridge or in an alley and the stars are still not flashing to indicate that they're searching not chasing.

---

Old 09-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #266
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
They've completely fucked up the whole system in this game tbh. Another thing is I'm not in their radius, I'm hiding under a bridge or in an alley and the stars are still not flashing to indicate that they're searching not chasing.
I restarted and have been hiding in a place where they can't see or reach me for a few minutes now. I am going to time it and see if it EVER goes away (I have a feeling it won't).
Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #267
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

That goldclub misson for Trevor was annoying yeah. I agree that the system is fucked up, but it's not TOO bad.

If you just speed outta the search radius and park your car in an alley, after 60 seconds or so the wanted level will go away! At least for me :/

Old 09-21-2013, 06:09 PM   #268
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Quote:
Go through the buildings right next to that narrow space instead!! I've posted this three times in the forums and nobody is listening to me. I failed that narrow slot about ten times, and when I said "fuck it" and flew through the bigger space between the buildings, I got it.
Did that and it didn't count. Started a new game, stole a jet, flew through it and it counted. Definite glitched and buggy!
Old 09-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #269
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
That goldclub misson for Trevor was annoying yeah. I agree that the system is fucked up, but it's not TOO bad.

If you just speed outta the search radius and park your car in an alley, after 60 seconds or so the wanted level will go away! At least for me :/
That's the thing! It ISN'T going away. I am currently on top of a roof where the cops can't see me and have been for the past 5 or so minutes. Still got flashing fucking stars.

Maybe I am doing the mission wrong. Am I supposed to drive the golfcart away? Or am I supposed to take the club off the back? If I am supposed to take the club, how do I do that? I didn't get a button prompt.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #270
FeatherbottomMR

Quote:
I restarted and have been hiding in a place where they can't see or reach me for a few minutes now. I am going to time it and see if it EVER goes away (I have a feeling it won't).
Yeah the police in this game are really good at tracking you haha... I liked the idea of being able to hide in ally ways and other areas but it seems like it doesn't work as well as it should... When I drive I try and turn as much as I can... I hate when I have outrun them then they send a cop from the direction I am going...
FeatherbottomMR is offline   Reply With Quote