PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2013, 02:12 AM   #331
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterWhite View Post
This thread seems active enough to ask a question in rather than starting a new thread. I haven't unlocked the parachute yet, can someone tell me without spoilers when that happens please. I'm hoping it has nothing to do with flight school because I dropped out of that shit on the helicopter training.
Around mission 37 or so.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:16 AM   #332
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
Alright cool, thanks. So it's related to the main story missions and not something else?
Yeah. You unlock it in Ammu Nation and every aircraft you enter.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:19 AM   #333
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Mr. White deleted his comments.

Now it looks as if Spock is crazy

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:20 AM   #334
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Not looking forward to that third triathalon. Going to knock out the UFO parts, letters, and then the collection of the sea waste, then I'll do all the races/triathalons/etc., and finally complete the game.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:22 AM   #335
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Mr. White deleted his comments.

Now it looks as if Spock is crazy
Spock is making up conversations with me, what a creep. It just so happens that the information in these imaginary conversations is very helpful to me.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:23 AM   #336
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Spock is making up conversations with me, what a creep. It just so happens that the information in these imaginary conversations is very helpful to me.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #337
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
You're way cooler than me Spock
Yeah, I know man, don't worry about it.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:27 AM   #338
WalterWhite

You're way cooler than me Spock
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #339
MAD MAC

MAD MAC mk1's Gamercard
do the movies have a set time for changing ? every time i go it's always the same one
MAD MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:23 AM   #340
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

RIGHT ON!!!!

Beat the Cross County Triathlon in first place on my first try

Old 09-22-2013, 03:53 AM   #341
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
RIGHT ON!!!!

Beat the Cross County Triathlon in first place on my first try
Congratulations! I've yet to try it - took a break for a 'Breaking Bad' marathon with my girlfriend - but I've heard mostly tough things about it.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #342
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Take hilarious picture.. not only does it not save to social club, but the game freezes. This is the second time. Luckily I have a back up of this from my real phone and I'll share it with you now. Took a taxi to get me a fighter jet, and, well...

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:15 AM   #343
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Congratulations! I've yet to try it - took a break for a 'Breaking Bad' marathon with my girlfriend - but I've heard mostly tough things about it.
I was spamming for about 28 minutes...but it wasn't too bad. Sure, a few opponents got in front of me (only during the cycling section), but I didn't restart, I just kept going and got to the running section first. By then, I sprinted way faster than any contestant.

It was funny though...I witness 4 different contestants cycle right into a lamp post. It was hilarious!

Old 09-22-2013, 05:36 AM   #344
WalterWhite

I guess just like buying clothes that modding cars is a big fucking waste of time and money. I spent tens of thousands building out an awesome car, stored it in Franklin's garage only to have it disappear into thin air. Great.

The other new complaint is that 90% of this entire game takes place in the mini-map. It's no wonder I crash all the time on races and everytime there's a car chase. The world is built so realistically that there are objects everywhere and if you blink you crash into something. Take that mini-map out of the game and it's a complete disaster too because without it you couldn't ever find anything. You're completely reliant on that map almost the entire time you're doing anything other than screwing around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock View Post
Take hilarious picture.. not only does it not save to social club, but the game freezes. This is the second time. Luckily I have a back up of this from my real phone and I'll share it with you now. Took a taxi to get me a fighter jet, and, well...
I made a photo sharing thread yesterday, it's on page 95 or something now. Could have been fun.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-22-2013 at 07:00 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:45 AM   #345
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

How the fuck do you do the skydiving in the Flight School? The landing zone is on the other side of the fucking world!?

EDIT: Nevermind...after 10 tries, I figured I might as well pull the chute AS SOON as I jumped out. Fuck that.

Last edited by BiggD; 09-22-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #346
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Quote:
I made a photo sharing thread yesterday, it's page 95 or something now. Could have been fun.
Yeah the horrible threads are really pushing good stuff down.

Quote:
How the fuck do you do the skydiving in the Flight School? The landing zone is on the other side of the fucking world!?

EDIT: Nevermind...after 10 tries, I figured I might as well pull the chute AS SOON as I jumped out. Fuck that.
I hate how you have to do parachuting in flight school after doing so many parachuting side missions. They just aren't very fun.

I like bitching threads.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #347
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
I hate how you have to do parachuting in flight school after doing so many parachuting side missions.
I hate how EASY the flight school was. I remember back San Andreas back in the day. Took me two weeks of trying to pass the flight school. In V I got gold on half of the classes first try. The game in general seems to be the easiest GTA because of the checkpoint system and quicksave feature. These are convenient because you don't have to steal a new jet every time you crash but it makes it a 4/10 difficulty.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #348
WalterWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
I hate how EASY the flight school was. I remember back San Andreas back in the day. Took me two weeks of trying to pass the flight school. In V I got gold on half of the classes first try. The game in general seems to be the easiest GTA because of the checkpoint system and quicksave feature. These are convenient because you don't have to steal a new jet every time you crash but it makes it a 4/10 difficulty.
I like the way it's set up now. Not because I need games to be easy but because in the earlier games (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and maybe even IV, I forget because I hated that game) when you failed a mission you lost too much stuff by dying or getting busted so instead you had to reload a save and waste time going all the way back to the mission again to start over. It was tedious as hell redoing everything all the time. They probably realized that people were getting stuck on missions and giving up even trying to continue. It happened to me in all of them. The only one of those I finished was Vice City and that was because I used cheat codes and I actually liked the story. I really wish they'd go back to the eighties again.

Last edited by WalterWhite; 09-22-2013 at 06:59 AM.
WalterWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:29 AM   #349
BiggD
55 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I hate how you have to do parachuting in flight school after doing so many parachuting side missions. They just aren't very fun.
I haven't done any parachuting in the game yet so that was my first time. Either way, the Flight School's parachuting lessons were lame. But I finished them all up tonight.

I'm done for the night.

More GTA V for me tomorrow night.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #350
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
I like the way it's set up now. Not because I need games to be easy but because in the earlier games (GTA III, Vice City, San Andreas and maybe even IV, I forget because I hated that game) when you failed a mission you lost too much stuff by dying or getting busted so instead you had to reload a save and waste time going all the way back to the mission again to start over. It was tedious as hell redoing everything all the time. They probably realized that people were getting stuck on missions and giving up even trying to continue. It happened to me in all of them. The only one of those I finished was Vice City and that was because I used cheat codes and I actually liked the story. I really wish they'd go back to the eighties again.
The only GTA I managed to finish is IV, thanks to God mode cheat, I also lowered the wanted level.

No app available for the Android yet!

Quote:
You can even create and reserve custom license plates for both Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online – order your personalized plates before they’re gone!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #351
wakeup237

CV Illustrious's Gamercard
Oh man I hate "Friend Request"
wakeup237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:24 AM   #352
TheMacias

Macias21's Gamercard
Firstly: Damn Rockstar for that you can't save photos on console HDD !! Yesterday their socialclub servers had some problems, so I couldn't make any in-game photos (they weren't saved) !!

And second annoying thing is that during the game when you pick yours favorite clothes your character changes clothes often :-(

http://cooltext.com/
TheMacias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #353
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
Not sure if it matters but you should edit the Note at the bottom of Kifflom, i've finished the game and just unlocked it, maybe change it to dependant on your ending choice? or something.

Kifflom is fucking annoying though.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #354
NUFC_Matty

MytH FTW's Gamercard
Quote:
Sigh...

You know aside from the storyline...there's over 50 Strangers & Freaks missions, 60 Hobbies & Pasttimes, and 40 Random Encounters. So yes, the story is short but look how much else there is in the game...
Still would have hoped they would have put more into the story itself.

20,000 15/10/2011 - 25,000 21/04/2012
30,000 06/11/2012 - 35,000 28/09/2013
NUFC_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:18 AM   #355
InsertCoffee

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
So I found this big pickup and said to myself "Yeah, I can fit that in my garage". But while infront of said garage I saw that it would be "close". So I drove faster than I should've... which made me miss the fact that the garage was too low. Well, the truck did fit (good thing they have a suspension), but when I stepped out, I found myself trapped behind the truck, unable to get in the car or out the garage. So my Trevor-Brain was like "Hey, just blow that thing up, get out of the ER and everything is fine like a pretzel." So I did that...
Turns out the pickup got repaired and is still in the garage. Sooo.... I effectively broke Trevors garage. Which is annoying as hell, since I mostly play as Trevor...
Does somebody know a way how to get rid of a stuck car?

PS: Where the frick are scuba diving suits? They exist, right?

Last edited by InsertCoffee; 09-22-2013 at 10:21 AM.
InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #356
DaveBodom

dave bodom's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsertCoffee View Post
So I found this big pickup and said to myself "Yeah, I can fit that in my garage". But while infront of said garage I saw that it would be "close". So I drove faster than I should've... which made me miss the fact that the garage was too low. Well, the truck did fit (good thing they have a suspension), but when I stepped out, I found myself trapped behind the truck, unable to get in the car or out the garage. So my Trevor-Brain was like "Hey, just blow that thing up, get out of the ER and everything is fine like a pretzel." So I did that...
Turns out the pickup got repaired and is still in the garage. Sooo.... I effectively broke Trevors garage. Which is annoying as hell, since I mostly play as Trevor...
Does somebody know a way how to get rid of a stuck car?

PS: Where the frick are scuba diving suits? They exist, right?
Cant remember the mission number but you wear one in a mission and after that it's in the closet.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #357
xbox360freak222

xbox360freak222's Gamercard
im sick of car dispearing i lost 2 really good cars from frankilins garage the two aston martin look a likes and in michaels lost the mustang and couqette even tho i saved the game and such really annoying not the first time ive lost cars R* needs to patch this and having a garage system like saints row would be alot better
Old 09-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #358
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I was spamming for about 28 minutes...!

Daaaayum, time to get my turbo-controller out. I'm not going to do that shit that's for sure! Already noticed in the first one how my thumb hurts.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #359
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I did the third triathlon and didn't think that it'll take that long. Second one was around 7 minutes, no need for a turbo controller. I quickly regretted that decision.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:52 PM   #360
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Gold requirement fuck-up:

Grass Roots - The drag
Mission Time
Complete within 01:30 - Took me exactly 01:30 and didn't came through!

So it has to be at least 01:29 or what, piss off I nailed it in 01:18!