PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #61
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
It does work, it's worked for me and many others. It may take longer, but like I said make a Quick Save before so that if it isn't working you can go back and try again.
ill investigate more tommorow. if it goes to 4 or 5 days i will update.

the other one took nowhere near as long! (1st mission)

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:36 AM   #62
wakeup237

CV Illustrious's Gamercard
I still got a long way from those assassination missions but thanks for the heads up!
wakeup237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:37 AM   #63
FranconianX

FranconianX's Gamercard
When are you doing these assassinations? Im 30 main missions in and still don't have the money from the first heist (~ 600k with Michael and the other guys 300k or less) since the second with the submarine gave nothing.
FranconianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #64
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
I've already done these missions and made a couple of mil on each one. However it was only the final assassination that I bothered to invest with all 3 characters, can you replay these missions and invest again to make more money?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #65
Howie B 00

Howie B 00's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Brown View Post
can you replay these missions and invest again to make more money?
I didn't invest so will have to try to replay see if this works?
Old 09-22-2013, 12:11 PM   #66
Toxaz

i cant get the beta pharm stock to go above 49.-50%
Toxaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #67
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
When the mission has finished, head to a safehouse and sleep for about 3 days (sleeping passes time by 6 hours, and I'd recommend saving on a new slot or just pressing B at the save screen), and then sell all of your stocks, because your return will be huge.
Fuck sake and I sold it as soon as mission was done, damn I knew it.
Quote:
and then on the final (5th) mission buy in to GoldCoast.
Before or after the 5th mission starts/ends!?

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:20 PM   #68
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuSt BLaZe View Post
Fuck sake and I sold it as soon as mission was done, damn I knew it.

Before or after the 5th mission starts/ends!?
Always before unless otherwise stated (the 4th mission you do after).

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #69
Josh Brown

BrownyBaby7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie B 00 View Post
I didn't invest so will have to try to replay see if this works?
Let me know how it goes. I need to do a couple of missions until I can use Michael again
Old 09-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #70
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Always before unless otherwise stated (the 4th mission you do after).
Thank you sir as always!

100% > Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (Xbox360 & XboxOne)
100% > Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition (Xbo360 & XboxOne)
100% > Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox360 & XboxOne)

JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #71
Mastodon_Slayer

max cavalera's Gamercard
I dont know what are this assassinations missions. Where and when they appear? And i can do this with character?
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #72
Ik0n

Send a message via AIM to Ik0n Send a message via MSN to Ik0n Send a message via Yahoo to Ik0n

Ik0n88x's Gamercard
For the Vice Assassination mission, the iFruit stock doesn't go above 25% for me.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #73
PhilipLang

Philip Lang's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post

EDIT:

Third mission/Fruit: It didn't go above 25%, but that's probably because it's tied to BAWSAQ.
When I did this mission the first time it went up around the 80s but I pushed my luck and went for one more sleep and the stock plummeted back down to 0%. I restarted that save and now the stocks won't rise above the 25% mark. Has anyone else seen such high profits for fruit or was I badly mistaken? I've been retrying this for a few hours now and its not getting anywhere near that high again.
PhilipLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #74
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
So I just did assassination mission 4 and put all my stocks in the Vapid (BAWSAQ) of each character (2mil approx each). I completed the mission, passed 3/4 days and the stocks are down.

Any idea why? Now I'm only losing around 200k, but surely this stock should be going up, after this mission...

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #75
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
So I just did assassination mission 4 and put all my stocks in the Vapid (BAWSAQ) of each character (2mil approx each). I completed the mission, passed 3/4 days and the stocks are down.

Any idea why? Now I'm only losing around 200k, but surely this stock should be going up, after this mission...
You put the cash in AFTER the mission, right?

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #76
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
You put the cash in AFTER the mission, right?
No. AM 2 I did it before and they rose and I made a profit. I did the same here, as instructed in this videos description and now I'm down.

Quote:
Be sure to buy as many of these stocks as possible with every character before starting these assassination events

What happens if I take my money out now (losing 200k) and then put it all straight back into it? Will it rise, thus me getting that profit?

Old 09-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #77
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
No. AM 2 I did it before and they rose and I made a profit. I did the same here, as instructed in this videos description and now I'm down.

Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) - How to Get Money - YouTube

What happens if I take my money out now (losing 200k) and then put it all straight back into it? Will it rise, thus me getting that profit?
I have no idea, but the mission causes Vapid to tank, then when they get a new CEO it rises again. That's why you should buy the stocks when they are really cheap (after it's gone down).

Old 09-22-2013, 04:51 PM   #78
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
I have no idea, but the mission causes Vapid to tank, then when they get a new CEO it rises again. That's why you should buy the stocks when they are really cheap (after it's gone down).
Help me out here then.

The next mission is GoldCoast stock. Do I do it before the mission or after? My guessing is that stock works by predicting on what will happen to the markets. Reason being you take the risks, and put the money down before something happens to make them rise.

So, you put them on before you do the mission and the outcome of that, makes them go it. As it did for the 2nd mission, but not this one randomly. So now I don't know if to put my money in before or after I do the last assassination.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #79
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Help me out here then.

The next mission is GoldCoast stock. Do I do it before the mission or after? My guessing is that stock works by predicting on what will happen to the markets. Reason being you take the risks, and put the money down before something happens to make them rise.

So, you put them on before you do the mission and the outcome of that, makes them go it. As it did for the 2nd mission, but not this one randomly. So now I don't know if to put my money in before or after I do the last assassination.
It's all explained in the original post. On the fifth mission (The GoldCoast one), put all of your money in to it BEFORE the mission. The only mission that changes the formula is the 4th mission, which you need to put money down AFTER the mission. I always create a Quick Save before I start it, put the money down, finish the mission and then sleep for 3 or 4 days and then check the stocks. At around 82% is when they tend to peak, so sell them then. Some people have been able to go higher, but this is just my experience with it.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #80
Frazerz1990

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Thanks for this, I've made good use of these so far but had to reload each time I was told a hint to make better use of it and having to drive back to the mission and now I know the next 3 to be aware so I can re-visit this thread instead of using good old google.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:07 PM   #81
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

tested and 2nd one diddnt work for me. stock went down, up, down, up, down up just like any other stocks on the market, no rapid increase at all like i had in the first one.

i ended up selling them and loosing around 10% of my total money, and as a result never did it with any other missions incase it happens again.

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #82
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
It's all explained in the original post. On the fifth mission (The GoldCoast one), put all of your money in to it BEFORE the mission. The only mission that changes the formula is the 4th mission, which you need to put money down AFTER the mission. I always create a Quick Save before I start it, put the money down, finish the mission and then sleep for 3 or 4 days and then check the stocks. At around 82% is when they tend to peak, so sell them then. Some people have been able to go higher, but this is just my experience with it.
Well I've got to get my money back up now so it's worth it. I was hoping to double stack the stocks for a nice gain to.

I didn't know the OP was updated because everytime I checked the thread, it only had the first 2 up, so I've just left this page of posts open.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #83
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
why isn't this stickied? Of course I go to look for it and it's on the second page...behind a fucking thread of a video of some retard putting his copy of GTA in the microwave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #84
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
why isn't this stickied? Of course I go to look for it and it's on the second page...behind a fucking thread of a video of some retard putting his copy of GTA in the microwave.
Because we already have like 9 Sticky's There's about 15 important threads right now - this being one of them - but it's mentioned in both the Guide and the Encyclopedia (which really needs to be sticky'd).

By the way, I love your GSL sig, bud.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #85
Icarus2015

Icarus 2015's Gamercard
I used the second mission to boost my cash by buying stock in redwood cigarettes after the price crashed and it rose by 300% in a few days. Just a heads up for anyone still to do this mission.
Icarus2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM   #86
k2345

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Sadly I did the first 2 missions without realizing this method, but I left the rest until after I finished the story, then I poured all of my characters money into the necessary stocks and made a hell of a profit. Once I finished the Missions I came out with the following.

- Franklin: $109 million
- Trevor: $117 million
- Michael: $125 million

Now I'm just looking at ways to make more....I need $150 million to buy the golf course

Inheritor Rank Achieved 14/01/12

k2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #87
Nesmaster

Nesmaster's Gamercard
The fourth one has given me the biggest return so far, of 146%. Made $56 Million with Michael alone!

Definitely wait until you're done the mission like detailed here, and invest right away and go to bed for ~30 hours. Then make actually save the game and reload it and boom.

It might go higher if you wait, but I wasn't going to chance it.
Nesmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #88
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2345 View Post
Sadly I did the first 2 missions without realizing this method, but I left the rest until after I finished the story, then I poured all of my characters money into the necessary stocks and made a hell of a profit. Once I finished the Missions I came out with the following.

- Franklin: $109 million
- Trevor: $117 million
- Michael: $125 million

Now I'm just looking at ways to make more....I need $150 million to buy the golf course
This is exactly what I plan to do. I've also accidentally done 2 assassination missions so far but thankfully I read this at the right time. Going to finish the story then spend that big cash on thr stocks. Franklin is flat out broke for me right now with about $2000 while my other 2 characters have around 200k each lol.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: THE CREW

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #89
JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
This is exactly what I plan to do. I've also accidentally done 2 assassination missions so far but thankfully I read this at the right time. Going to finish the story then spend that big cash on thr stocks. Franklin is flat out broke for me right now with about $2000 while my other 2 characters have around 200k each lol.
haha, the second one diddnt work for me so i diddnt bother with the others. kind of wish id given them a try though. also there is the money glitch. there dosent seem to be any easy ways to get money other then gambling the stock market..

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 PM   #90
Whiskey Daniels

whiskey daniels's Gamercard
for the people that missed a few of the missions you can still make huge money. I missed the first two and by the end of the 5th mission I had 146 million for each guy

just shy of the 150 I need for the golf course but I'm hoping some stock info comes out where I can dump that 146 million into a stock and hope it moves just a bit, should gain a ton of money with that much invested
Whiskey Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote