PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-22-2013, 10:40 PM   #91
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
you say "huge" but what was your actual profit

i did that and yes the stock % went up but i only made like 12k investment which unlocked the achievement

same for when i dropped the guy off at the airport and he told me to invest in Tinkle and it only went up 20% not to mention the stock shares were already expensive to begin with, which is the main issue.

if the Lifeinfader stock ever rose significantly from its negative 500%(scripted) and you were able to get a heads up on that, then the Madoff insider-trading stuff that they're trying to mimick would actually be taking place, not 10-20% on stocks that already have double/triple digit priced shares

the ones that seem like they might make sense are the car insurance since as you crash cars you'd be making money, and maybe ammu-nation, and other stuff but untill someone actually figures it all out and makes an extensive stock guide, we wont really know for sure. also when Online comes out, maybe it'll move and when Rockstar has a specific online event for a specific mode we can figure things in that mode will effect certain stock companies...idk just seems like "chump change" based on how the amoung of money the game hands out for other stuff

Last edited by eiVaL; 09-22-2013 at 10:43 PM.
eiVaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #92
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiVaL View Post
you say "huge" but what was your actual profit

i did that and yes the stock % went up but i only made like 12k investment which unlocked the achievement

same for when i dropped the guy off at the airport and he told me to invest in Tinkle and it only went up 20% not to mention the stock shares were already expensive to begin with, which is the main issue.

if the Lifeinfader stock ever rose significantly from its negative 500%(scripted) and you were able to get a heads up on that, then the Madoff insider-trading stuff that they're trying to mimick would actually be taking place, not 10-20% on stocks that already have double/triple digit priced shares
82% more than you put in is huge profit. It doesn't matter how much you put in to it, because you're going to end up with 82% more.

Obviously utilizing it when you have a lot of money is better, as you will almost double what you had. If you're only putting $12,000 in, you aren't getting the full benefit. You'd only get about $21,840 back, which is easy enough to make anyway. If you invest $2,000,000, you could get about $3,640,000 back. That extra $1,640,000 is a lot harder to make in the game.

You need to invest a lot of money in to it to reap the benefits. Completing the story will give you a lot of money, so it's perhaps best to leave these missions open until then.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:22 PM   #93
Mastodon_Slayer

max cavalera's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastodon_Slayer View Post
I dont know what are this assassinations missions. Where and when they appear? And i can do this with character?
Anyone please?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:24 PM   #94
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Anyone please?
Sorry man, I thought I had replied earlier today!

The Assassination missions are unlocked after the "Fame or Shame" story mission. You need to send Franklin to the green L on the map to start them.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:36 PM   #95
Mastodon_Slayer

max cavalera's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Sorry man, I thought I had replied earlier today!

The Assassination missions are unlocked after the "Fame or Shame" story mission. You need to send Franklin to the green L on the map to start them.
Ah, ok. And only Franklin can do that missions?
Old 09-22-2013, 11:41 PM   #96
kirbasin

kirbasin's Gamercard
Everyone says "save assassination missions till the end of game when you'll have a lot of money".

I am stuck before "Blitz Play" mission and have done all the preparation for it, but I can't start this heist (it doesn't appear on the map) and the game tells me to do assassination for Lester first.

So this means I can't actually save at least the first assassination till the end of the game?

With BAWSAQ down because of Rockstar Social Club not working, that completely stopped my playthrough.
kirbasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:48 PM   #97
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbasin View Post
Everyone says "save assassination missions till the end of game when you'll have a lot of money".

I am stuck before "Blitz Play" mission and have done all the preparation for it, but I can't start this heist (it doesn't appear on the map) and the game tells me to do assassination for Lester first.

So this means I can't actually save at least the first assassination till the end of the game?

With BAWSAQ down because of Rockstar Social Club not working, that completely stopped my playthrough.
You could just do the first mission and forfeit the money from the stock market. Just make sure to invest big in later missions. I forgot that you need to do the "Hotel Assassination" mission before you can start "Blitz Play". Sorry.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #98
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Ah, ok. And only Franklin can do that missions?
Yupp. They're only available for Franklin.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:53 PM   #99
A Punk Panther

SamTochelliDzn's Gamercard
So I just invested in Fruit and after 12 hours the stock crashed. I'm in the red, down a few million. I invested prior to the mission. A warning for others to possibly use a second save.
A Punk Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #100
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
Quote:
82% more than you put in is huge profit. It doesn't matter how much you put in to it, because you're going to end up with 82% more.

Obviously utilizing it when you have a lot of money is better, as you will almost double what you had. If you're only putting $12,000 in, you aren't getting the full benefit. You'd only get about $21,840 back, which is easy enough to make anyway. If you invest $2,000,000, you could get about $3,640,000 back. That extra $1,640,000 is a lot harder to make in the game.

You need to invest a lot of money in to it to reap the benefits. Completing the story will give you a lot of money, so it's perhaps best to leave these missions open until then.
damn i already did like 2 of them with Franklin.

i bet the same would go with the random events like the guy working for "Tinkle" if you just dont pick him up till you have a few million then do it.

i plan on replaying the singleplayer but hopefully by that point all the nuances of the stock market will be figured out, and we can know how to exploit it but even the bradygames guide doesnt even cover it and simply call it a "gamble" outside of few the scripted "insider trading" tips you get during the game.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:56 PM   #101
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Punk Panther View Post
So I just invested in Fruit and after 12 hours the stock crashed. I'm in the red, down a few million. I invested prior to the mission. A warning for others to possibly use a second save.
If it's gone down, can't you just reload your save and take the money back out?

Old 09-22-2013, 11:57 PM   #102
kirbasin

kirbasin's Gamercard
Quote:
You could just do the first mission and forfeit the money from the stock market. Just make sure to invest big in later missions. I forgot that you need to do the "Hotel Assassination" mission before you can start "Blitz Play". Sorry.
No need to apologize, great guide and you put a lot of effort responding to everyone, it was just confusing no one mentioned it.
kirbasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 11:58 PM   #103
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
Quote:
LOL, i wonder if thats cause the online is screwed up and nobody can even log in

its still pretty damn expensive over 600 per share

HawkAndLittle is the lowest price but im wondering how they're different from AmmuNation, its only .76 cents a share, maybe when Online launches that will be where people buy guns
Old 09-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #104
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't know if its been said but you can also make money on the back end too. I don't know about the first mission but for the second one after you sell your stock you can then buy the rival company and make out too. This is because their stock will rebound.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:02 AM   #105
A Punk Panther

Quote:
If it's gone down, can't you just reload your save and take the money back out?
Unfortunately, no. Because I only used one save file. Unless I can reload to an earlier point. Which I doubt, no games do that.

Quote:
LOL, i wonder if thats cause the online is screwed up and nobody can even log in

its still pretty damn expensive over 600 per share

HawkAndLittle is the lowest price but im wondering how they're different from AmmuNation, its only .76 cents a share, maybe when Online launches that will be where people buy guns
Logging into Social Club I assume? I've had no issues with it, I've been on it since Tuesday. And yes it is, but I'm at a -1.2% return. I'm losing millions if it doesn't go back up. Minor issue here.

Last edited by A Punk Panther; 09-23-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:46 AM   #106
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Put over 100m across all characters on Vapid like you said. Saved it a couple times and its still staying at 0%.

Ok so the BalSaq ones dont seem to be effected by saving....not sure. Anyway im now finished all missions and have a total of 135m with each character. Best way to get to the magic 150m so i can buy the golf club?

Last edited by pX I Atticus; 09-23-2013 at 01:08 AM.
pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:58 AM   #107
eiVaL

Y0 MAC's Gamercard
Quote:
Logging into Social Club I assume? I've had no issues with it, I've been on it since Tuesday. And yes it is, but I'm at a -1.2% return. I'm losing millions if it doesn't go back up. Minor issue here.
no, the ifruit app itself has had alot of issues, with people complaining on the rockstar support site, so that could effect it as "not being used" and thus lower the stock in game.

im assuming we'll see large swings once the Online starts up, depending on what people do, ill bet any type of insurance will skyrocket with people dying and crashing stuff
Old 09-23-2013, 04:04 AM   #108
A Punk Panther

Quote:
no, the ifruit app itself has had alot of issues, with people complaining on the rockstar support site, so that could effect it as "not being used" and thus lower the stock in game.

im assuming we'll see large swings once the Online starts up, depending on what people do, ill bet any type of insurance will skyrocket with people dying and crashing stuff
Let's hope. I managed to get the stocks back to 0 profit so I ended up getting all my money back and then I sold em all. As for the app, Android -_-
Old 09-23-2013, 10:14 AM   #109
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Can someone thats completed "Meltdown" post the price of Richardsmajestic stock, I think it'll be worth investing before hand.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #110
pX I Atticus

dI Atticus Ib's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Hmmm seems like even after doing all this and having 135m per character it looks like i still wont be able to get the golf course. Even if i had 150m with one character would i really want to spend all there money on one property....?

pX I Atticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #111
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Question about his. Finally noticed the BAWSAQ working yesterday so I did the first assassin mission. I had a little over 1 million a piece for each guy. Invested every penny into the stock listed in thread. The stock rose 81 percent, but I only made about 800 k per guy. Is this correct????? Just seems like I didn't make very much. Don't know if rockstar fixed this maybe??
Old 09-23-2013, 12:59 PM   #112
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
Question about his. Finally noticed the BAWSAQ working yesterday so I did the first assassin mission. I had a little over 1 million a piece for each guy. Invested every penny into the stock listed in thread. The stock rose 81 percent, but I only made about 800 k per guy. Is this correct????? Just seems like I didn't make very much. Don't know if rockstar fixed this maybe??
80% of 1 million is 800,000.
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #113
Toxis142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslasnip View Post
Oh, I invested in RWC after it tanked to 25-30 dollars and now it poped back to 110 dollars!
I can confirm this, although your stock prices were quite a bit different from mine. My RWC prices were roughly $17/share before the mission, after mission they tanked to $2.75 after pulling my money out it was up to $11.71/share. After the redwood cigarette assassination mission I didn't the investment in Debonaire cigarettes however after I got my 82% return I invested all of the money I had into RWC (roughly 45 million per character) and got a huge 300% - 326% return for all three of my characters. All I ended up doing was a few strangers and freaks stuff while waiting to pull my money out and do the next assassination mission.

All three of my characters are sitting fat, dumb, and happy with roughly $475 million each with one assassination mission to go.

Thanks for the guide Callum, and thanks Teslasnip
Toxis142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #114
jbaruch76

anyone have a tip for me? only one assassination mission left and i just saw this thread. i figured there were other ways to make lots of money. my plan is to just save that mission for last and save everything i get from now on (still about 25 main missions to go).
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #115
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
LOL

"I only made 80% profit."

ONLY.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #116
jbaruch76

yeah, i think some people here don't really have a grasp of finance.
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:31 PM   #117
I Cullen I

I Leath3rFace I's Gamercard
Thank god I found this thread in time, Ive already done the first two assassination missions & didnt have a clue what I was doing with the stock market, thanks for the awesome thread.
Old 09-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #118
yevinorion

Dirty Machete's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaz View Post
i cant get the beta pharm stock to go above 49.-50%
Same thing here, seems to peak at 49.99%. Was really hoping for the 80+%.
yevinorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #119
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth VeX View Post
LOL

"I only made 80% profit."

ONLY.
I guess im a greedy fuck
Old 09-23-2013, 06:09 PM   #120
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
I guess im a greedy fuck
Anything more than a 10-20% return is amazing. You earn several hundred thousand dollars in the US on a return over 20%, chances are, the SEC is going to investigate.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote