The Official Bitching Thread

WalterWhite

I'm only about a third of the way into the game but so far I'm really impressed. I've spent hours just driving around checking out the world but the one thing I've noticed is there are often times when the world feels empty.

There's plenty of detail in the world and no two areas feel the same but there are often times when I'm driving around and there is no one else in sight apart from a few cars passing by. That was one of the tings I liked about GTA IV. No matter where you went, there were always people doing something. Yet I've walked through places like Sandy Shores and it feels like a ghost town.

I agree with this. The world is definitely populated, but not as infested with pedestrians as one would think given the size of the world :( Guess they had to sacrifice random AI for environmental detail?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to fix not being able to load the play disc?

My xbox is freezing after a good 2 hours with that damn disc spinnin...way to hot! keeps on loading story mode....forever

This isn't a problem, so there won't be a fix. It was an intentional design.

Install the other disc to a USB flash drive.

my bitch is on some people i know who complained that the story is short and they beat in two days. ive been playing the game ALOT since monday night and im only now getting to the end of the story. its not R*'s fault that you wanted to rush through the game and only do the missions. you want to see a short story look at the call of dutys i beat MW2 in 4 1/2 hours, if your goal is to be lame and do it in 1-2 sessions you can only blame yourself.

my bitch is on some people i know who complained that the story is short and they beat in two days. ive been playing the game ALOT since monday night and im only now getting to the end of the story. its not R*'s fault that you wanted to rush through the game and only do the missions. you want to see a short story look at the call of dutys i beat MW2 in 4 1/2 hours, if your goal is to be lame and do it in 1-2 sessions you can only blame yourself.

Agreed.

It bothered my that people were - and still are - complaining about the length of the game. I've already stated it 4 times since Tuesday, but there's 40+ Side Missions, 40+ Hobbies/Pastimes, and 40+ Random Encounters. Who the hell cares if the main storyline isn't 60+ hours long, there's SO MUCH to experience and do in the game.

Plus, A LOT of people who played the game within the first week did nothing but that - play the game. So obviously they're going to blow through the storyline.

There's more than 40 hours to put into this game if you go for all the achievements. Completing it 100%, completing the game, getting 70 gold medals, doing all the other achievements, collectibles, etc. shall net you lots and lots of play time, and you haven't even touched the Online yet. I don't see why people want to take a game like this and fly through it. Where's the fun?

Something that really pisses me off is when on a mission one of the challenges is "Not A Scratch", easy enough challenge right? That is what I assumed but NO, if the AI hits anything before you acquire the vehicle from them it voids the challenge. (Spoiler?) Oh steal a firetruck huh? call em up and they slam into street signs, well fuck me looks like I have to retry AGAIN! I'm really tired of this crap.

Anyone "feel" that the map seems smaller than 4 or RDR? The city seems so much more compact and the large map area they are touting is just a lot of mountain area you don't want to run through because you already did 5 miles in the desert.

4 had separate islands that felt different, but still felt large. This the city is condensed into an area that doesn't have a noticeable change (parts of LA are like that though). They did a great job with the look and feel of LA (where I live), so it was great seeing many landscapes, but he map just didn't feel as large as they were saying it would be.

Now, since I am in LA it was extremely gratifying to be able to pull people out of cars and beat them up, kick cars as I walk next to them, and just crash into cars/people. People can't drive for shit. The busses were very authentic too...they just pull out in front of you or run you off the road without a care. God, I hate the public transit system here and I don't even use it.

1.cant crouch unless on cover.

2 cannot switch over the shoulder view from right to left shoulder

3. Cannot influence stock markets, no matter how many planes i destroy.

4. I cannot shoot up a strip club

5 police chases are horrifically long no matter if hiding or not.

6 i wish everyone had their one fighting style to make each more unique

A Micheal- technical and crafty style. boxing or maybe tae kwondo. something that he learns as a kid and has refined.

B Franklin - Young, strong and aggressive. Brawler, maybe slams. drop kicks

C trevor- random and vicious . Headbutts eye gouging biting. ball kicking etc.

Still i love this game, even more then red dead.

I'd like to see if anyone is having this problem I'm having in the game.

I have a brand new controller and it works fine. However, I very frequently have to swing the camera because it starts moving on its own. It seems to happen if I move the camera right before I start running or driving. I think it tries to adjust itself, but because I've moved it it can no longer find the centre of the screen.

This is a problem that normally means the analogue stick is a bit broken, but I can't replicate it in other games and it doesn't happen if I'm stood still.

Told you this is my second home right here haha. Alright I say you this, as soon as they implement any gambling feature into this game I will stop my bitching to 50% hahaha. We cool!?

Nah man! My homie can bitch whatever he wants man! You cool! I was just joking dog! Its kinda funny even, shit. -_~

Escaping the police is BULLSHIT! It is damn near impossible to outrun a four star wanted level on the road, the goddamn cops just keep spawning and spawning infront of you no matter where you go, no matter what path you take they just keep coming to cut you off or slam into you. I don't even want to imagine what five star is like. I love the game but god damn there are a lot of things that make me rage about it!

1. Can't crouch unless on cover.

2 Cannot switch over the shoulder view from right to left shoulder

4. I cannot shoot up a strip club.

1. Agreed, why can't I crouch?

2. I'm glad this is gone, it drove me fucking nuts in Max Payne and Red Dead Redemption.

4. Really? I haven't even tried that. That's points off big time, that's classic GTA mayhem.

• bLaKgRaVy changed the title to The Official Bitching Thread