The Hellfire Ring.

Drias

I need clarification before I go through all this work. Do you mean that you can only equip one, or it can only be equipped once? Like can I make one for INT and use it to level up a wiz and a witch dr? I cant find anything else that says you can only equip it once, but most info is written for PC.

Also, can someone please explain to me what MP10 is? I only see MP1-5. Is MP10 diablo3 cool kids slang for inferno on MP5 with 4 people? I can see how that would need abbreviating.

You can only equip 1 Hellfire Ring at a time. However if you have the materials you can make as many as you want. They are account bound and can't be traded. So you can either make them for your other toons or try and roll better versions.

MP is Monster Power from the PC. It's the equivalent of Master Level for the Console. The verbiage is being confused for the two game versions.

Edited by Yannie Boy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent all day farming keys , I have fought each pair of uber bosses 3 times and have had the grand total of ZERO parts drop . really pissed off now :(

I'm a Paragon level 11 Barb playing on Master level 1 , I get the keys to drop almost every time but these fucking pieces will not drop :(

I don't need to have 3 stacks of Valour for the uber bosses , as you do with the key wardens do I ? , please tell me it wasn't that lol

Spent all day farming keys , I have fought each pair of uber bosses 3 times and have had the grand total of ZERO parts drop . really pissed off now :(

I'm a Paragon level 11 Barb playing on Master level 1 , I get the keys to drop almost every time but these fucking pieces will not drop :(

I don't need to have 3 stacks of Valour for the uber bosses , as you do with the key wardens do I ? , please tell me it wasn't that lol

You need 3 stacks of valor to get ring parts to drop from the ubers.

HUH?

10chars

Like...im so confused about this ring...op has so much info based off pc version, sure most of it is still valid, but then im still confused about mismatched posts throughout the thread...

After getting the keys...do I have to kill all bosses in one sitting, earn the 3 organs and use them to craft a ring - without quitting - else I lose the organs?

Like...im so confused about this ring...op has so much info based off pc version, sure most of it is still valid, but then im still confused about mismatched posts throughout the thread...

After getting the keys...do I have to kill all bosses in one sitting, earn the 3 organs and use them to craft a ring - without quitting - else I lose the organs?

Organs are like keys in that once you get them, you can save them to use whenever you want. Except instead of using one of each key to make infernal machines, you use one of each organ to make a hellfire ring.

It's best to get three of each key to make three infernal machines, then use all three infernal machines in one game so you are guaranteed to get the three different uber portals.

Be sure to have three stacks of NV to get keys and organs.

Organs are like keys in that once you get them, you can save them to use whenever you want. Except instead of using one of each key to make infernal machines, you use one of each organ to make a hellfire ring.

It's best to get three of each key to make three infernal machines, then use all three infernal machines in one game so you are guaranteed to get the three different uber portals.

Be sure to have three stacks of NV to get keys and organs.

Riiiiight...I'm starting to understand now.

So if I make 3 infernal machines, and in one sitting, use all 3 and complete all portals - I will definitely not end up in the same one twice.

But;

If I make 3 machines, and complete 2 portals, wait til the next day to do the last, and enter the portal with the 3rd infernal machine, there's a very high chance that the boss will be one that I have already killed?

Has anyone mentioned that the HellFire Ring isn't really that great for a level 60? It's got great stats but the main reason you want to make it is to use an OP ring for a level 1 character cause you will find Rings that are better then the HellFire if you plan to use it for your level 60.

I'm just about to make my second hellfire ring cause I'd like to get rid of these keys for something instead of just drop them.

Has anyone mentioned that the HellFire Ring isn't really that great for a level 60? It's got great stats but the main reason you want to make it is to use an OP ring for a level 1 character cause you will find Rings that are better then the HellFire if you plan to use it for your level 60.

I'm just about to make my second hellfire ring cause I'd like to get rid of these keys for something instead of just drop them.

It can be the best ring if you are lucky enough to roll one with the trifecta on it, but they can roll pretty poor and be outclassed by other rings for sure at lvl60.

Riiiiight...I'm starting to understand now.

So if I make 3 infernal machines, and in one sitting, use all 3 and complete all portals - I will definitely not end up in the same one twice.

But;

If I make 3 machines, and complete 2 portals, wait til the next day to do the last, and enter the portal with the 3rd infernal machine, there's a very high chance that the boss will be one that I have already killed?

Correct, Do all three in one game, and you will create the three different realms. However, if you do 2 and make a new game, you have a 33% chance of making the portal you didn't go through.

Just a helpful hint. You can run the ubers and if you don't get drops, simply exit to your xbox home screen after porting back to tristram and reload the game and your infernal machines will still be in your inventory as long as a save never occurred.

I personally tried it, but since I'm not big into exploits I just farm new machines. Just a tip for people getting frustrated with drop rates.

How was the drops on master 4?

Drops on Master 4 are supposed to be 90% Drop rate.

MY brother got 3/3 parts, and My cousin, our friend and myself all got 2/3 parts on master 3, a supposedly 80% drop rate.

I'd say it's pretty decent. My cousin and I both got plans from one of the uber sets. One was Marquise Topaz, and I got Hallowed Sets plans.

Drops on Master 4 are supposed to be 90% Drop rate.

MY brother got 3/3 parts, and My cousin, our friend and myself all got 2/3 parts on master 3, a supposedly 80% drop rate.

I'd say it's pretty decent. My cousin and I both got plans from one of the uber sets. One was Marquise Topaz, and I got Hallowed Sets plans.

Yeah that's a decent drop rate. I'll jump up the difficulty and see what I can get. Thanks for the info.