PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: 1 character or 3 characters?
I prefer having 1 character 30 27.03%
I prefer having 3 characters 81 72.97%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #31
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal235 View Post
If it was one character that had several abilities that could occasionally be swapped out, I might like that better, but only because of the money situation.
that may be overkill! i also wonder if we can use any of these abilities online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswartz0181 View Post
I'm torn. On one hand, I enjoyed having the three characters in IV, as they offered different stories and playstyles (vehicles used, stations listened too, and obviously activities you can partake in). Same with here (only far easier to switch between). On the other hand though (and I'm not yet quite done with the story, but according to the SC site, I have a dozen missions to go, but I imagine that includes some more set-up "missions" too), I feel having all three characters in a single game takes away from the stories of those characters. 69 story missions here, where IV had 88/22/25. Sure, there are more side missions here, but still, it's half the story.
it depends if you count strangers and freaks, yes gta4 had them random people but they diddnt really do much. with this they usually have 3 missions and have more of a story to them. it says 20 strangers and freaks missions, but when you go to repley them there is more than 30, i think it shows 20 because there are 20 characters, but each one has more than 1 each

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:31 PM   #32
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
it depends if you count strangers and freaks, yes gta4 had them random people but they diddnt really do much. with this they usually have 3 missions and have more of a story to them. it says 20 strangers and freaks missions, but when you go to repley them there is more than 30, i think it shows 20 because there are 20 characters, but each one has more than 1 each
I did say story missions. S&F aren't story related. Story missions are the bare-bones, "you have to do" missions, none of which S&F qualify as. They are nothing more than side missions. And if you do want to count them, IV still had 112/26/30 to V's 127 (243 if you count all the random events and hobbies as missions, but that's a real stretch for a lot of them (taking off in a plane during Flight School, or going on the Vinewood Star Tour I wouldn't call missions)).

As for the whole 20 when there are 58 S&F mission, the 20 are only the ones required for 100% (you don't need to do the Epsilon, Cletus, Civil Border Patrol, Rampage, Bail Bonds or Vinewood Souvenirs ones (and a few others I haven't done yet)).
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:20 AM   #33
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
maybe well get even more characcters as DLC? im sure theyll have to redisgned the character selection method though.
that's true but there is a slot for a 4th character already there
Old 09-24-2013, 01:00 AM   #34
wexsuvslim

wexsuvslim's Gamercard
i love the three character set up...i actually enjoy playing as all three of the characters though franklin is my favorite by a slight margin

the only thing i don't like too much is the fact that the characters don't have the same clothes on that i left them with even though the randomness is kind of cool

some of my most memorable moments so far have been switching between characters to see what kind of ridiculous shit they happen to be involved in(mainly talking about Trevor)..lol

i feel R* did an amazing job making this game work with 3 mains
wexsuvslim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #35
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
i like the idea of having 3 its fun you can have multiple scenarios and play darts with em to lolol

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #36
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
that's true but there is a slot for a 4th character already there
LOLOL ive been trolling all of my friends saying its niko or CJ and they belived me! im 99% sure this is for your online character

Quote:
Originally Posted by wexsuvslim View Post
i love the three character set up...i actually enjoy playing as all three of the characters though franklin is my favorite by a slight margin

the only thing i don't like too much is the fact that the characters don't have the same clothes on that i left them with even though the randomness is kind of cool

some of my most memorable moments so far have been switching between characters to see what kind of ridiculous shit they happen to be involved in(mainly talking about Trevor)..lol

i feel R* did an amazing job making this game work with 3 mains
yup, whats the point in buying clothes if they change every day? they dont even get changed into clothes that you've bought!

its also annoying waking up as trevor in underpants or a dress...

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #37
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Quote:
LOLOL ive been trolling all of my friends saying its niko or CJ and they belived me! im 99% sure this is for your online character

yup, whats the point in buying clothes if they change every day? they dont even get changed into clothes that you've bought!

its also annoying waking up as trevor in underpants or a dress...
I think they confirmed that Niko can be a mentor for your online character
Old 09-25-2013, 03:09 AM   #38
Annihil88torr

Annihil88tor's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
I prefer playing with all 3 characters. Having the option to switch is kinda cool, especially on some missions.

instagram: andrewcool8
Annihil88torr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:06 AM   #39
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Is it me or does this game feel more organized? Maybe playing as 3 different people helps with the chaos that comes with open world games. I'm still planing on going back and finishing GTA IV, but this one seems better to me.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 02:18 AM   #40
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Is it me or does this game feel more organized? Maybe playing as 3 different people helps with the chaos that comes with open world games. I'm still planing on going back and finishing GTA IV, but this one seems better to me.
No, I completely agree. The way in which Rockstar made the whole "three character storyline" work, is fascinating. It's really well done and organized.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 11 DAYS ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote