PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-23-2013, 07:12 PM   #121
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
has anyone else managed to make money without the assassination missions?

seeing as ive done these already and have almost completed the game, im still interested in getting the spend 150mill achievement. ive looked at the stock markets and some have doubled their value across 1 day, meaning you could double your money after a day!

would it be possible to look at a stock, save 4 times to advance time by 24hours then check it. if you then loaded the save and then advanced 24hours would they be the same? i would try it now but ill be busy until tommorow.

if this works this will be great

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:52 PM   #122
Darth VeX

Darth VeX's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JORDAN K 95 View Post
has anyone else managed to make money without the assassination missions?

seeing as ive done these already and have almost completed the game, im still interested in getting the spend 150mill achievement. ive looked at the stock markets and some have doubled their value across 1 day, meaning you could double your money after a day!

would it be possible to look at a stock, save 4 times to advance time by 24hours then check it. if you then loaded the save and then advanced 24hours would they be the same? i would try it now but ill be busy until tommorow.

if this works this will be great
First, no, the assassination missions are quite easily the FASTEST and most RELIABLE way to make massive amounts of money. 25-150% returns are reported regularly, with most missions giving about 80-85% returns. Which is nearly doubling your money.

Second, yes, you can use the save feature to force time forwards and therefore manipulate the stock market that way. Late game, when you have millions, this may be the easiest way to make money, though the returns won't be as massive as if you'd held off on the assassination missions and did them far later in the game when you have LOTS of cash to get huge returns.

---

Personally, I plan on doing a 2nd play-through and trying to really get massive amounts of cash.

I'd love to see if the LifeInvader stock just goes up and up and up until you do that first assassination for Lester with Michael ... if so, you can probably just invest EVERYTHING you earn into LifeInvader and sleep over and over again until you're bored out of your mind and then sell it all right before doing the mission.

Darth VeX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #123
OIdSkool

Thanks for this tip, i finished the game and used this method on the four remaining assassinations.
The LCN market always came to the 80% mark.
The BAWSAQ was a bit funny though, i couldn't get fruit to go higher than 30% (market crashed after 12 hours ) but then vapid came back up giving me a 100% profit.

I now have Micheal on 183 mil, Trevor on 179 mil and Franklin on 181 mil.
Time to go spend some cash, thanks.

OIdSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:21 PM   #124
Gunther Hermann

Gunther Hermann's Gamercard
Sorry if you've already answered Callum but, when you say sell at 81.5%, do you mean when it says that on the return investment?
Gunther Hermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:18 PM   #125
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
For some reason Fruit wont go above 21 return percentage! anyone else having this issue?
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #126
oozero

ooz3r0's Gamercard
ok well this sucks... for Franklin I made a 21 percent return rate, but for trevor and micheal I only broke even. hhhhmmmm
oozero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:27 PM   #127
upindat

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Has anybody invested in a stock that was listed in the headlines section?? I was wondering if anybody has made any money that way. Yesterday the top headline was a postal stock was on the rise because drugs were in them. The stock was in the red and cheap. Was tempted to buy to see what kinda return I would get. Any body have any luck that way??
Old 09-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #128
darkenednight

Send a message via Skype™ to darkenednight

Darkened Night's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Gold   Over Achiever - Gold   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
I always create a Quick Save before I start it, put the money down, finish the mission and then sleep for 3 or 4 days and then check the stocks.
I have slept for over a week and Vapid's stocks have not risen at all. Should we play for a small amount of time before going to sleep? This also happened with my Fruit investment. No ROI. I invested in Vapid once it tanked, and even after a whole week (sleeping 21 times), it remains at it's lowest value.

...and after sleeping for a few more days, my ROI went up to 100%. I doubled up. Nice!

Last edited by darkenednight; 09-24-2013 at 09:48 PM.
darkenednight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #129
JustinMasonSS

JustinMasonSS's Gamercard
if it wasnt for those assassinations i wouldnt be as rich as i am

JustinMasonSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #130
ItzAndy05

ItzAndy05's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by upindat View Post
Has anybody invested in a stock that was listed in the headlines section?? I was wondering if anybody has made any money that way. Yesterday the top headline was a postal stock was on the rise because drugs were in them. The stock was in the red and cheap. Was tempted to buy to see what kinda return I would get. Any body have any luck that way??
Yeah I heard on the radio that FlyUS stocks had plummeted due to food poisoning, so I put all my money from all three characters into it (after making a save of course) went to bed for a few days and made a 98.9% return
ItzAndy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #131
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItzAndy05 View Post
Yeah I heard on the radio that FlyUS stocks had plummeted due to food poisoning, so I put all my money from all three characters into it (after making a save of course) went to bed for a few days and made a 98.9% return
Yo what station is it man!? All I hear from Weazel News is jack shit, never ever anything from stocks and so on.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:47 PM   #132
BlackDragon

BlakeTheDrake's Gamercard

It IS Weazel News, and they'll break into the music no matter what station you're on. Most of the time, what they're reporting is just stupid crap, but if you pay attention, you might notice some stuff that touches on publicly-traded businesses - investment opportunities!

Anyway, I couldn't get Fruit to rise above the 25% profit mark either... waiting any further, it would just crash. Currently trying to profit from Vapid's crashed stock - has it been confirmed that sleeping multiple times advance the clock on BAWSAQ as well?

77777 reached - 17/11-2011
Next goal: 99999!
BlackDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #133
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'm stupid...I didn't realize I was doing these missions untill I found Lester at the boardwalk. So ofcourse I could only make Franklin money.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:07 AM   #134
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Alright so I finally managed to do this shit POST STORY:

*As a few others I missed out on that lucrative info for mission #1 and #2, so I started all this from mission #3 to #5.

Start capital:

Franklin - $ 19,645,326.00
Michael - $ 23,037,610.00
Trevor - $ 19,530,557.00

Fruit sold at: 25%, didn't went up even after save reload etc.
Vapid sold at: 100%, no change at all after that.
GoldCoast sold at: 79.10%, no big differences.

Final captial:

Franklin - $ 88,445,144.00
Michael - $ 102,622,200.00
Trevor - $ 86,615,907.00

By the time I switched to Trevor the percentage already drpped down a little bit, that's why he has the least cash. Nice little bonuses but WE NEED/WANT more!!!
Old 09-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #135
ItzAndy05

ItzAndy05's Gamercard
Exclamation

Right I followed everything Callum said and yeah it all works perfectly just follow his steps.
But if you want to double your money a further two more times you can.

On the 2nd mission follow his steps and when you get to the part when you've sold all your shares for Debonaire Cigs put all your money into Redwood cigarettes(if its still in the red). I got an 81% increase for debonaire and made about 50mil but I got a 300% increase in redwood so i went from 26mil to 250million just on one mission!

Then I did the same on the 3rd mission, get the best profit you can from fruit(only 31% for me) and then put EVERYTHING into Facade (which is the rival company) and then save and sleep to you've got the highest profit you can(about 98% for me).

So having finished the game and leaving the assassination missions till last i went from each character having around $27million to the stupid amount of:

$1,240,106,935

That's going to keep me in hookers and ammunition for quite a while.
ItzAndy05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #136
B1SK3TS N GR4VY

B1SK3TS N GR4VY's Gamercard
Yeah I ended up doing the Gold Coast one and I Made around 1.4 million and add that to the investment I sold it all for about 2.5 million. So I made som BIG bucks
Old 09-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #137
MadMaxxx123

Send a message via ICQ to MadMaxxx123

MadMaxxx's Gamercard
Quote:
Right I followed everything Callum said and yeah it all works perfectly just follow his steps.

On the 2nd mission follow his steps and when you get to the part when you've sold all your shares for Debonaire Cigs put all your money into Redwood cigarettes(if its still in the red). I got an 81% increase for debonaire and made about 50mil but I got a 300% increase in redwood so i went from 26mil to 250million just on one mission!

Then I did the same on the 3rd mission, get the best profit you can from fruit(only 31% for me) and then put EVERYTHING into Facade (which is the rival company) and then save and sleep to you've got the highest profit you can(about 98% for me).

So having finished the game and leaving the assassination missions till last i went from each character having around $27million to the stupid amount of:

$1,240,106,935

Awesome! Right now I have 55 kk on character and last assasination left. Can you give advice how to make from here a lot of money?
MadMaxxx123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #138
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Quote:
Fuck me purple, this is crazy man. I only managed to get a profit of +50 millionen cause I already did mission 1 and 2. Nice job!
Old 09-27-2013, 03:10 AM   #139
Mess101

Mess101's Gamercard
I've been playing around with the stock markets using the tips in this thread and I think I might have reached the game's money cap. Each of my characters now has exactly $2,147,483,647 (strange number) and I am not able to earn any more money with any of them!

Over six billion dollars between the three of them, not bad but I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping to see how far this could be taken.

Can anyone else confirm that $2,147,483,647 is in fact the money cap and not just some glitch I've encountered?

Last edited by Mess101; 09-27-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Mess101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:15 AM   #140
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess101 View Post
I've been playing around with the stock markets using the tips in this thread and I think I might have reached the game's money cap. Each of my characters now has exactly $2,147,483,647 (strange number) and I am not able to earn any more money with any of them! Over six billion dollars between the three of them, not bad but I'm a little disappointed as I was hoping to see how far this could be taken. Can anyone else confirm that $2,147,483,647 is in fact the money cap and not just some glitch I've encountered?
That number is no accident.

2,147,483,647 = 2^31 - 1

In other words, R* allotted 30 bits to store your money. I'm sure they weren't expecting anyone to hit that cap. Seems kind of strange that they wouldn't just use 32 bits though...
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #141
kingofkings dfa

LegendKillerDFA's Gamercard
Quote:

$1,240,106,935

Legend! This 300% really helped on 250mil per character and got few assassination missions left. This should be put on to the original post*

Seriously 2.0 7/12/08. 1 month 100,000 kills

COD C, 2, 3, MW, WAW, MW2, BO, MW3 VETERAN
kingofkings dfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #142
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Ok I ended up doing multi target 10 missions ago before reading this. I am 35/69 mission. I only have 1.6 mil will I be able to make enought money to but the expensive property's or do I have to hope I have a earlier save?
Old 09-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #143
BlackDragon

Multi-Target is the SECOND assassination-mission, right? Well, if you save the last 3 'till after the final heist, and milk them for all they're worth (taking advantage of both the ups AND downs), you should still wind up with more than enough money...

Old 09-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #144
kingofkings dfa

Right well I got 55% profit of fruit tried to be clever and get more and failed reloaded it and could only get 24%. Iv then put all my money into facade and the most % I get is 33??? Iv let the game go a couple of weeks and no change.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:26 PM   #145
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon View Post
Multi-Target is the SECOND assassination-mission, right? Well, if you save the last 3 'till after the final heist, and milk them for all they're worth (taking advantage of both the ups AND downs), you should still wind up with more than enough money...
What do you mean as take advantage of the ups and downs? Is this method just to buy every property? I thought you just neede any 5 throughout all characters. I have $275,000 each for 2 characters properly. So inshould have enough to buy all the rest or just the 3 high end ones?
Old 09-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #146
BlackDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
What do you mean as take advantage of the ups and downs? Is this method just to buy every property? I thought you just neede any 5 throughout all characters. I have $275,000 each for 2 characters properly. So inshould have enough to buy all the rest or just the 3 high end ones?
Most of the assassination-missions cause one stock to rise, and another to nosedive. (The exception being the fourth, which only causes a stock to drop.) So to gain maximum advantage, you start by buying the stock that's about to rise, with all characters, before you start the mission. Then after the mission, you wait for it to top out, sell everything, and then buy into the stock that's CRASHED, and wait for it to recover. In most cases, you can get 81% profit on the first part, and 100% on the second part. And yes, that'll get you enough money to buy EVERYTHING, even though there's no real need to buy the really expensive stuff (the golf-club and the theaters) - like you said, you only need to buy a couple of things for 100% completion and other achievements. Oh, but to get major profits, you need major seed-money - a couple of hundred thousand won't get you anywhere. Hence why it's recommended you wait 'till after the final heist, where you should have about 25-40 Million dollars on hand, depending on how the final heist turned out and what crew-members you brought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings dfa View Post
Right well I got 55% profit of fruit tried to be clever and get more and failed reloaded it and could only get 24%. Iv then put all my money into facade and the most % I get is 33??? Iv let the game go a couple of weeks and no change.
Shouldn't have tried to get clever. I've never even HEARD of anyone getting 55% profit on the Fruit-stocks after the third mission. Unlike all the other rising stocks (which top out at 81% profit), that one generally tops out - early and briefly - at something in the 20-30% range. Best guess - you happened to get a random stock-hike on top of the scripted one from the mission that first time. Luck like that doesn't happen twice.

Last edited by BlackDragon; 09-27-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:49 PM   #147
leprekon

Leprekon666's Gamercard
Ok thanks. I guess I'll have to wait and see and save before the final heist just incase I didn't get the 40mil option
Old 09-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #148
BlackDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by leprekon View Post
Ok thanks. I guess I'll have to wait and see and save before the final heist just incase I didn't get the 40mil option
No matter how little or much you get from the final heist, it's plenty enough to end you up with hundreds of millions of dollars if you play 'em right on the stock-market - and thus, enough to buy everything you could possibly want. Getting maximum profit from the final heist requires you to use an entire crew of cheap, low-rent members, which makes the heist itself a bit of a headache. I'd recommend that you just play the heist the way you want - it's more fun that way. And it doesn't really matter whether you've got 250 million, or 2 BILLION dollars at the end of your insider-trading scheme, does it? You'll never spend it all regardless.

Old 09-27-2013, 09:59 PM   #149
kingofkings dfa

Shouldn't have tried to get clever. I've never even HEARD of anyone getting 55% profit on the Fruit-stocks after the third mission. Unlike all the other rising stocks (which top out at 81% profit), that one generally tops out - early and briefly - at something in the 20-30% range. Best guess - you happened to get a random stock-hike on top of the scripted one from the mission that first time. Luck like that doesn't happen twice.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well I was surprised like that's why tried to get more because people say there getting 150% rise when I'm hitting 82 tops so thought I flunked it oh well still got quite a bit and put another 15mil per person in HAL

Old 09-27-2013, 10:14 PM   #150
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings dfa View Post
Shouldn't have tried to get clever. I've never even HEARD of anyone getting 55% profit on the Fruit-stocks after the third mission. Unlike all the other rising stocks (which top out at 81% profit), that one generally tops out - early and briefly - at something in the 20-30% range. Best guess - you happened to get a random stock-hike on top of the scripted one from the mission that first time. Luck like that doesn't happen twice.

Yeah well I was surprised like that's why tried to get more because people say there getting 150% rise when I'm hitting 82 tops so thought I flunked it oh well still got quite a bit and put another 15mil per person in HAL
I had 55% on Fruit as well, but Facade didn't go past 33%.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote