PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 09-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #91
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienDenzil85 View Post
If the BAWSAQ is anything like a real stock market, the reason that HAL are increasing so much is they're an arms manufacturer. A lot of non-x360a players seem to be piling their money into Ammunation, so we're enjoying the follow on from that rise, as well as the demand we're creating ourselves.
No. If a lot of players where investing in Ammunation, their stock price would be increasing. Since launch its gone from $699-$701 to $458.28 at a fall of -25.14% from the time of this post. Which is a huge significant loss.

Like people have said before; When online launches and people are going to rob a store the only one comes to mind for a lot of people is Ammunition because its easily recognizable.
Then again the initial swarm of players buying weapons and stockpiling ammo may drive the price back up past the $700 mark, I wouldn't expect it to last long before it falls below $500 again.

Last edited by Selections; 09-29-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:42 AM   #92
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selections View Post
No. If a lot of players where investing in Ammunation, their stock price would be increasing. Since launch its gone from $699-$701 to $458.28 at a fall of -25.14% from the time of this post. Which is a huge significant loss.

Like people have said before; When online launches and people are going to rob a store the only one comes to mind for a lot of people is Ammunition because its easily recognizable.
Then again the initial swarm of players buying weapons and stockpiling ammo may drive the price back up past the $700 mark, I wouldn't expect it to last long before it falls below $500 again.
A fair point actually, I'd not really paid attention to stock prices beyond HAL.

I'll be knocking off 24/7 because I'm more of a two-bit criminal and they're probably slightly easier to do successfully!
Old 09-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #93
snipingheadshot

Send a message via AIM to snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Does anyone know (provide source) what affects the BAWSAQ market? I have all of my money in HAL and PIS and want to see if there's anything I can do to help it along since a lot of the businesses can't be entered like Ammunation can be.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
snipingheadshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #94
Noisy Neighbour

Noisy neighbour's Gamercard
Invested $45 mill across all players. My stock is now worth $600 mill across all players.

Whatever it is that affects the stock price i do not care. Loving it.

Assassin's Creed ~ Trine 2

Notable completions:

Burnout Revenge ~ Far Cry Instincts Predator
Noisy Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #95
SiR x VeiRoN x

VeiRoN v2's Gamercard
I'm also using the HAL method,just got 90k profit over a 220k investment,will keep to use the same market and see how it goes.
Old 09-29-2013, 06:19 PM   #96
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
I also recommend PissWasser. It's up 33% for me in one day. Unfortunately, I invested late in HAL, so I missed the big run up. Out of curiousity, does anybody know how much money is needed for the online play?
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:33 PM   #97
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer99 View Post
Out of curiousity, does anybody know how much money is needed for the online play?
I don't quite understand this question; do you mean what is the cheapest ammount you'll need to earn to buy the cheapest Apartment, Garage and Insure a Vehicle, for the achievement? I don't believe anyone knows that yet.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #98
smekkes

Send a message via MSN to smekkes Send a message via Skype™ to smekkes

smekkes's Gamercard
I know I'm kinda late on this train, but invested around 9 mil last night, and today I've made ~1.8 mil
Old 09-30-2013, 07:52 AM   #99
StarDreamer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Wilhelm View Post
I don't quite understand this question; do you mean what is the cheapest ammount you'll need to earn to buy the cheapest Apartment, Garage and Insure a Vehicle, for the achievement? I don't believe anyone knows that yet.
Yeah, how much money is needed for GTA Online and do our single player cash totals carry over somehow to multiplayer? Or do we start from scratch in multiplayer?

BTW ...

HAL == $12.69
PIS == $10.45

AMU is plummeting right now (Ammu-Nation). Perhaps, a good buying opportunity when it bottoms out.

Last edited by StarDreamer99; 09-30-2013 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #100
AccidentReport

AccidentReport's Gamercard
I believe MP is basically a seperate game so no money, properties, guns or anything from the Story carries over.
50,000 GS - 26/10/2009
75,000 GS - 14/03/2011
100,000 GS - 02/06/2012
150,000 GS - ??????
AccidentReport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #101
jbaruch76

Have I missed the boat on HAL and PIS? should I just invest all I have immediately?
jbaruch76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #102
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbaruch76 View Post
should I just invest all I have immediately?
Yes, but it's impossible to know if it will start to drop at $15 or $150. You could make a 10% return or a 1000% return. Make two saves. One with all of your money invested and one with no money invested.
You're an idiot. Your dog is black. They're going to the movies. There is my car. Their dog is gone. It had no effect on me. That didn't affect me. We left, then we went to the store. He is smarter than you. It's time to leave. That dog lost its collar. His pants are loose. He is going to lose the game. I am going to the store. He has two dogs. I want to go, too. What clothes are you going to wear? They were going to the store. Where are the dogs? If we ignore bad grammar, we condone it.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #103
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Started with -07%, turned the game off, came back after 3h and it went up to +5.64%, made 7-12 million with all my characters. Thanks again!

1st worldwide who "officially" completed [FLASHBACK] a 100%!
JuSt BLaZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #104
Nitnoid

haZZmaTTaZZ's Gamercard

I keep seeing posts about people buying the stock. I have yet to see anyone initiating a sell-off. Is everyone still waiting for the bubble to burst on its own?
Nitnoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #105
StarDreamer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitnoid View Post
I keep seeing posts about people buying the stock. I have yet to see anyone initiating a sell-off. Is everyone still waiting for the bubble to burst on its own?

Actually, some people are trying to pop the Pisswasse bubble, or atleast cause it to dip a bit. The goal is to see if we actually have influence on these stocks, instead of it all being scripted (selling betwwn 4:40pm to about 6:30pm EST). I decided to participate and just sold all my PIS. When the stock updates in 2 hours, if it goes down somewhat, then we'll known for sure that we can manipulate stocks. If it goes up, I'll reinvest my cash into PIS or HAL. I'm still way way away from being able to afford all properties.

There is also an apparent opportunity with LifeInvader. Supposedly, every now and then it drops down to about $2.50. Most of the time, I see it in the high 20s, but apparently it rises every so often in the mid 200s.

Last edited by StarDreamer99; 09-30-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #106
Vulx

im a little desperate for money... each of my characters only have about $1.5 Billion left in their pockets.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #107
H2O I

Send a message via AIM to H2O I Send a message via MSN to H2O I

H2O I's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac Chickgun View Post
Freaking Bawsaq is still down for me. R* needs to get their shit together....
whenever its down for me, i just reload it 2-3 times and it always works, Ive never had the bawsaq not work. (well other than the first 1-2 days the game was out.)
Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #108
DMichaels86

DMichaels86's Gamercard
I invested a few million into HAL with all my characters last night, saved, bawsaq is down right now yet it still says my characters have all their money, is that because bawsaq is down?

http://youtu.be/9ArNmIMgeVg
DMichaels86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #109
Selections
Trance Connoisseur

Selections XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Donator - Level 5   Subscriber - Silver   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Majority of us have moved to Online mode which makes playing SP kinda pointless, but just a bit of an update.

Stock market is no longer down for maintenance. Returned to see that HAL is now trading at $31.94. Thank fuck I got on this at $0.76

Question is do I take my winnings and leave, or keep it in there and hope it hits $50+?

Selections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #110
AlienDenzil85

AlienDenzil85's Gamercard
Quote:
Stock market is no longer down for maintenance. Returned to see that HAL is now trading at $31.94. Thank fuck I got on this at $0.76

Question is do I take my winnings and leave, or keep it in there and hope it hits $50+?
Congratulations.

I lost my nerve when the price wobbled at around $13, so sold up then.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #111
snipingheadshot

Faux News 79's Gamercard

Quote:
If you're willing to check it each day, then wait until it starts to drop, whether it's at $50 or $500.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM   #112
fat_tony

Obi TW0's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
So HAL's finally started to drop, but I managed to turn a few hundred thousand into over 100 million during that time!

Looks like Badger (BDG) is in freefall right now, down from a high of $300 to only $10 at the time of writing.

I think this will be the next one to buy, need to make some more money to get Franklin that Golf Course!

100% Games
fat_tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #113
anonymous ferret

Yeah I noticed the drop last Wednesday, when it dropped below $100 per share, I left it a day and it had already dropped down to $96 from $98 so sold up.

Today it's at $93 so quite thankful.

If you've got shares, I'd advise to sell before it takes a dive off a cliff. (HAL)*
anonymous ferret is offline   Reply With Quote