PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #1081
The Duke of Darkness

The Allslayer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
Robbed all the stores last night and got that platinum medal. Logged on today to find out all the stores are no longer robbed and my medal is back to bronze. D:
Mine went to back 19/20 so it was ok, it's saved on plat now. I got the world record lap multiples times and it still hasn't saved, pretty much impossible now, I dont know how people are finishing that fast. Today I had $1,200 went to strip club got 25 dances for platinum which cost $1,000 then when I start playing later its back to 0 but it saved that I spent the money. BS
The Duke of Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #1082
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
tried to get online earlier and it wouldnt work. checked my friends list and nobody was on it.. :/

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #1083
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke of Darkness View Post
Mine went to back 19/20 so it was ok, it's saved on plat now. I got the world record lap multiples times and it still hasn't saved, pretty much impossible now, I dont know how people are finishing that fast. Today I had $1,200 went to strip club got 25 dances for platinum which cost $1,000 then when I start playing later its back to 0 but it saved that I spent the money. BS
That sucks. It seems that it saves what you don't want it to save and vice versa. Mine managed to stay from last night (just finally checked) so I have three Platinum awards now. Just doing missions to rank up more, probably going to go through the easy Platinums here in a bit.

I was wrong about some of these awards. Silver for 'Pistol Whipped' requires 100 kills, so I can only assume Platinum is at least 500 or 1,000. Christ.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #1084
Flibbity Floid

Deadpool Psycko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
But then when you had a dumbass on L4D who would stand there idle and not do anything, nobody would agree to kick. It's never properly utilized, it's just an abused feature.
Have to agree it's never been properly used in games. Neither has "penalizing" for leaving early or idling. I can understand penalizing for people doing it constantly but the random person who has to answer the door or their internet goes down gets a negative rep, banned from game for x time and so on.

The power to the player is never in it's right. Players seem to direct how games are developed with shit "criticism and whining" while the players are at liberty play "Warden" with the others and expect everyone to be civil? Its just sad.

Content Contributor & Event Manager @ http://comicgamers.com/index.php
Flibbity Floid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #1085
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Have to agree it's never been properly used in games. Neither has "penalizing" for leaving early or idling. I can understand penalizing for people doing it constantly but the random person who has to answer the door or their internet goes down gets a negative rep, banned from game for x time and so on.

The power to the player is never in it's right. Players seem to direct how games are developed with shit "criticism and whining" while the players are at liberty play "Warden" with the others and expect everyone to be civil? Its just sad.
Yep. It's absurd. I played Counter-Strike: GO on the Arcade for a good while, but I always played with bots. Tried online one time, and I was 11-0 and just randomly got kicked. Playing the objective, getting kills, and they vote to kick me. First and last time I ever played online on that game.

I despise the cops online for this game. I'm doing a mission by myself where I have to stop a guy driving a Coquette and retrieve it. I got a wanted level because I tried to shoot and kill him (some missions grant wanted levels, others don't, for some reason), and the entire time, I'm chasing him down the highway, almost reach him, a cop magically appears in front of me, reads my movements, hits me, and I flip a bunch off the road. Car gets fucked up, so I pursue the Coquette again, and at least seven or eight times in a row, I almost reach him, and the same goddamn thing happens again. It's so irritating, I cannot stand it.

Last edited by Creasy47; 10-02-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #1086
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Yep. It's absurd. I played Counter-Strike: GO on the Arcade for a good while, but I always played with bots. Tried online one time, and I was 11-0 and just randomly got kicked. Playing the objective, getting kills, and they vote to kick me. First and last time I ever played online on that game.

I despise the cops online for this game. I'm doing a mission by myself where I have to stop a guy driving a Coquette and retrieve it. I got a wanted level because I tried to shoot and kill him (some missions grant wanted levels, others don't, for some reason), and the entire time, I'm chasing him down the highway, almost reach him, a cop magically appears in front of me, reads my movements, hits me, and I flip a bunch off the road. Car gets fucked up, so I pursue the Coquette again, and at least seven or eight times in a row, I almost reach him, and the same goddamn thing happens again. It's so irritating, I cannot stand it.
I was doing one earlier also and the care blows up really easily unlike in singleplayer. But right now I can't even connect to the cloud service so I'm waiting a bit and trying again.

But I also read a loading screen tip and it said if you don't play as your character for however long his skills will start to degrade.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #1087
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJUSTINxx View Post
I was doing one earlier also and the care blows up really easily unlike in singleplayer. But right now I can't even connect to the cloud service so I'm waiting a bit and trying again.

But I also read a loading screen tip and it said if you don't play as your character for however long his skills will start to degrade.
As if there aren't enough things hindering quality progress in this game. It's bad for those who can't even join and play - or just have their progress wiped - and it's bad for us who can play because nobody plays the missions. I'm sitting here trying the one mission I currently have, but it's too hard to complete by yourself, and nobody will join.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #1088
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Don't understand why everyone is bitching to the extent that they are. Just play something else until the weekend or when it runs smoother...that's what I'm doing.
Rockstar hyped us with the online trailer and EVERYONE bought it for the MP experience. We had two whole weeks to play SP and by now everyone should've finished the story. Sure it is fun to ride through the areas but it's even more fun online. The free roaming in RDR was more fun with friends than alone.

Rockstar delayed the game 3 months and the online was supposed to start 2 weeks later. More than enough time to fix any issues. But hey, we weren't able to take pictures for almost one week because the Rockstar servers and cloud was fucking busy all the time.

I got one day off tomorrow and left work early. For what? To read that the damn cloud server is busy? Rockstar can do better. It's not like they're surprised with the amount of copies sold. And I read on FB and another forum that the PS3 servers work fine.

People should be able to trade the game back in because the online function is not available and the packaging clearly states that the online part is part of the purchase. It's written in big leters all across the back of the case.

I don't want to play other games. I want to play GTA V that I paid hard earned money for. And Rockstar is to fucking stupid to set up some servers. Can't be that hard. A week ago they bragged about delivering an expandable online experience with changing stuff. All I see is a god damn loading screen and error messages about the stupid cloud being busy.

If you were to marry your perfect 10 and left at the altar you'd smack the fucker in the face that suggests that you settle for a fat and ugly bish. Rockstar fucked up, you can't deny it. They don't deserve a special treatment just because it is GTA V. Like I said before, I can play Halo and CoD day 1 without any issues (not that I want to, but it is possible).

It's a shame that Rockstar let us gamers down. I just want to enjoy my day off and play GTA V online.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #1089
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
My latest complaint ... the cloud appears to be down, so I can't retrieve my level 12 character. I sure hope I didn't lose my character.
StarDreamer99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1090
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
I got one day off tomorrow and left work early. For what? To read that the damn cloud server is busy? Rockstar can do better. It's not like they're surprised with the amount of copies sold. And I read on FB and another forum that the PS3 servers work fine.
You need a better source of information, the PS3 version seems to have way more problems than the Xbox 360 version where multiplayer is concerned. I've yet to get past character creation and judging from the conversation on the sister site, I'm not alone.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1091
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
I assume as with everything else online thats a server problem spawning things?
Old 10-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #1092
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer99 View Post
My latest complaint ... the cloud appears to be down, so I can't retrieve my level 12 character. I sure hope I didn't lose my character.
Sadly, I won't be surprised if you do. It's happened to quite a few people already.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #1093
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer99 View Post
Same here, I've been trying for a while now and it's still down and I was just on a bit ago. Usually I get the ( X ) button so I can just press it and retry but it's really down for me.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #1094
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Quote:
Sadly, I won't be surprised if you do. It's happened to quite a few people already.
Yesterday, after I took a break, I had lost a few levels from my character, my bank account was zeroed out, and I had lost my default car that supposedly had a functioning tracker in it.

Since it appears the cloud servers are down for many others, I'm optimistic that my character is still alive and will be available once they comeback online.
StarDreamer99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #1095
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
I love this thread. A lot.

Firstly, It's reassuring to know that i'm not alone.

And secondly, Some of you should be grateful that weren't born before the internet was cheap enough for every home to own lol. At least we can share our troubles/fixes with each other these days.

Or before multiplayer was even an option.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #1096
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMHatchG View Post

And secondly, Some of you should be grateful that weren't born before the internet was cheap enough for every home to own lol. At least we can share our troubles/fixes with each other these days.

Or before multiplayer was even an option.
thanks for making me feel old as even I remember a time when internet and multiplayer required you to play split screen....and im only 21 for god sake
Old 10-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #1097
JDMHatchG

JDMHatchG's Gamercard
When I was a kid, the internet used to disconnect every time someone tried to make a phone call lol

Not to mention 56k connection speeds that took about 20 mins to download 1 song haha.
JDMHatchG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #1098
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
When I was a kid, the internet used to disconnect every time someone tried to make a phone call lol

Not to mention 56k connection speeds that took about 20 mins to download 1 song haha.
up till I was about 11-12 that was the only internet I knew...and only my grandparents had it lol , guess it made for an ok reason to visit em
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #1099
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I've lost so much money trying to survive a gang attack and get ten kills. I've gotten ten kills (counted), killed everyone, escaped the cops, and nothing. I can only assume I'm doing the wrong thing, and the Gang Attack is something else entirely. I'm tired of losing money. I had $40,000, trying to save up to get a place, and I'm down to $29,000 now. You make no money online yet you lose a lot for dying.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 PM   #1100
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:

I'm glad I'm a 90's kid.

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #1101
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
still can't connect/get past forced first race. this game is a pile of SHIT

REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:46 PM   #1102
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by REfan001 View Post
still can't connect/get past forced first race. this game is a pile of SHIT
It's the servers, not the game.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:48 PM   #1103
Flibbity Floid

Quote:
It's the servers, not the game.
Don't worry. He'll love the game again once he gets in. They all usually tend to pull their foot out of their mouth once things start going their way and they realize it was out of their hands. Forgive and forget seems to only work for gamers when the get what they want given exactly when they want it.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 PM   #1104
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flibbity Floid View Post
Don't worry. He'll love the game again once he gets in. They all usually tend to pull their foot out of their mouth once things start going their way and they realize it was out of their hands. Forgive and forget seems to only work for gamers when the get what they want given exactly when they want it.
I can understand the frustration that we've waited two weeks and the shit doesn't work for most people, but all you can do is give it time and continue to try.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #1105
Flibbity Floid

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/...atest-Updates-

Old 10-02-2013, 07:59 PM   #1106
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Sorry guys, I'm not allowed to complain anymore. Apparently, my difference in opinion with the people incessantly bitching is forbidden amongst other gamers.

So, while the idiots continue to bitch none stop about the tiniest things, I have to agree with them or say nothing.

Also, I don't say anything positive so fuck the Encyclopedia, all the help I've given in multiple threads, my contributions to guides, and fuck this forum. Later.

Last edited by Crimson Ridley; 10-02-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:09 PM   #1107
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

It's a bitching thread, who says you can't disagree?

The online cops in this game are a joke. Their cars are faster than anything you can steal or purchase, and they're like tanks: one rear-end smash, and you're off the road, flipping.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #1108
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
I've got very little to complain about the SP, I will tell you my few niggles when I'm a bit calmer. But at the moment I've got a huge bitch about GTA:Online.

First of all well fucking done R*, release the MP once everybody has finished the story and everybody wants to get onto the MP, that was fucking absolute genius move. Then who the FUCK thought it was a smart idea to charge people for the pleasure of dying. Seriously a game like this and they charge you if you die, I didn't mind the whole concept of being killed and if you were carrying cash you would loose it, but to have it in your bank account and still loose a chunk for some arsehole shooting you as you walk out shop(which I would like to add, well fucking done to R* for making it so we can't defend ourself coming out of a shop as we can't equip a weapon), getting a car for a mission and as far as I can tell you even get charged for dying in TDM and stuff
Old 10-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #1109
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
well now im slightly more annoyed at not being able to get online as my older brother (who incidently is about 20ft away in his own room) has managed to finally start the tutorial race and I still can't
Old 10-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #1110
JamesJevans

james jevans's Gamercard
I've had about 3 of my Characters vanish, which is a real bummer, but John Marston is my dad so hey ho!

A trick for keeping hold of all your money so your not charged on death, is spend all that you own in the stock market, I did this a lot in SP when messing around, so I can only imagine it would work in MP, well I'd hope.

Last edited by JamesJevans; 10-02-2013 at 08:36 PM.
JamesJevans is offline   Reply With Quote