PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #1111
JeremyVersion1

JeremyVersion1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarDreamer99 View Post
My latest complaint ... the cloud appears to be down, so I can't retrieve my level 12 character. I sure hope I didn't lose my character.
Same thing happened to me an hour ago, the servers went back up and my level six guy was still there, so hopefully your guy will be there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
Sorry guys, I'm not allowed to complain anymore. Apparently, my difference in opinion with the people incessantly bitching is forbidden amongst other gamers.

So, while the idiots continue to bitch none stop about the tiniest things, I have to agree with them or say nothing.

Also, I don't say anything positive so fuck the Encyclopedia, all the help I've given in multiple threads, my contributions to guides, and fuck this forum. Later.
The hell? Some asshole report you for something?

Thanks to the great Cpt Slaughter for the VGCE Show Logo!

JeremyVersion1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #1112
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyVersion1 View Post

The hell? Some asshole report you for something?
Nah, just getting a virtual beat down from every corner of this forum, telling me that all I ever do is whine, and that I have no right to disagree with the people who are always complaining. If that's the way I'm portrayed, then I see no reason to even try and be helpful.

I've helped a lot of people during my time here, yet all I'm known for is my darker side, where I tell people why I think they're wrong. I've reached my limit with it, and I'm not willing to help if I'm not even slightly appreciated or respected for it.

I hope the decent ones of you continue to enjoy the game, and once the online is sorted, I may run in to some of you online.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #1113
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nah, just getting a virtual beat down from every corner of this forum, telling me that all I ever do is whine, and that I have no right to disagree with the people who are always complaining. If that's the way I'm portrayed, then I see no reason to even try and be helpful.

I've helped a lot of people during my time here, yet all I'm known for is my darker side, where I tell people why I think they're wrong. I've reached my limit with it, and I'm not willing to help if I'm not even slightly appreciated or respected for it.

I hope the decent ones of you continue to enjoy the game, and once the online is sorted, I may run in to some of you online.
People react the same way to me. Doesn't stop me from being who I am and expressing me dry sarcasm and necessary hostility towards those who are in most needed of it. Either way, you're sexy Callum. Once our Crew can finally all be online at once, I'm looking forward to gaming with you.

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #1114
Barad
High on Life!

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:

Just ignore the assholes and toughen your nuts. x

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #1115
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Anyone notice how shit-looking the online characters look, too?

I mean, I've watched that opening cinematic for Online half a doazen times and it started to dawn on me that they really try to make sure you never catch sight of your character's face right alongside Lamar's. Even when they're driving together, your character has his face cast mostly in shadow.

Because you'll notice that the difference in the level of detail is a huge chasm.

Also, I think it's kind of hilarious that they've more-or-less adopted Saints Row for multplayer. It's a character you design, that everyone seems to know fresh off the boat and s/he never speaks.

Quote:
This is too funny. If you're not offended that I don't have the issues with the game you have, why are you calling me names? That's how offended you are, you're attacking me with insults, when I've done nothing but say I don't have the issues you're having. In fact, I said I felt bad for people who have all these issues. The fuck is wrong with you?

Grow up.
I called you one name, Rosy Rainbows, not several. And I'm afraid that that name is far from an epithet. I have not attacked you in any way. I said you were being a dick, which is a qualifier and an opinion, not a name or an attack.

I initially quoted your list of how easy you thought it was to get online and contradicted it.

Everything after that was all you implying that I'm jealous or offended.

And the word for what you're doing here is called "gloating".

If you're not having problems, you shouldn't be posting in the bitching thread.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #1116
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Frost View Post

I mean, I've watched that opening cinematic for Online half a doazen times and it started to dawn on me that they really try to make sure you never catch sight of your character's face right alongside Lamar's. Even when they're driving together, your character has his face cast mostly in shadow.

Because you'll notice that the difference in the level of detail is a huge chasm.
Yeah, the characters online look awful.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #1117
Spock

N7 Spock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Free roam is the absolute worst. It's fucking miserable. You try to have fun but lose all your money when you die. It's just so annoying.

I like bitching threads.
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #1118
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
I called you one name, Rosy Rainbows, not several. And I'm afraid that that name is far from an epithet. I have not attacked you in any way. I said you were being a dick, which is a qualifier and an opinion, not a name or an attack.
Oh...no wait, you called me a dick, you didn't say I was being one, in fact you said:
Quote:
Oh, so then you're just rubbing it in everyone else's face that you're not having problems. In the bitching thread. What a dick.
Yup, name calling, i.e. attacking.

Quote:
I initially quoted your list of how easy you thought it was to get online and contradicted it.
No argument there, I was just helping another member out, and when you contradicted my quote, I said that was only for you, and not me. Then the jealous jerry took over, and I got called a dick.

Quote:
Everything after that was all you implying that I'm jealous or offended.
No I didn't imply, I said it directly. I also stated a few of my issues with the online, which you have decided to forget or not include, because it would mean I have a purpose for posting in the thread, and you don't want that. Hell, that actually makes sense, and since you're not in the business of making sense, it's really no surprise that you've ignored the majority of my posts.

Quote:
And the word for what you're doing here is called "gloating".
I suppose, if I was actually gloating. Instead I've expressed how I wish the online would work for everyone. I've not once went "hey it works for me and not you, SUCK IT LOSER!". Then again since you're dim witted, no offense, I'm sure that's how you've taking my words.

Quote:
If you're not having problems, you shouldn't be posting in the bitching thread.
Again, I have had problems with the game and posted them, all you've done since this started was whine and cry about me being a dick.

I can't wait to see how much of my post you ignore, I'm getting my popcorn ready for your response. #entertainment

Oh, and just to stay on topic, it's stupid that someone can wait for you to get down in a job menu and kill you. You should have a window to at least turn around or arm yourself. I've been killed a few times thanks to backing out of a lobby and some asshole is just standing there waiting on me.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #1119
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Yeah, the characters online look awful.
I get the feeling they lowered the quality of the online characters so its a bit less laggy when theres 16 people in a lobby, knowing the severs they might struggle loading 16 fully customised characters lol
Old 10-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #1120
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
I get the feeling they lowered the quality of the online characters so its a bit less laggy when theres 16 people in a lobby, knowing the severs they might struggle loading 16 fully customised characters lol
Yeah, you're probably right. It's just a shame the models aren't as nicely detailed as the characters were in Single Player :/

Old 10-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #1121
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

My character still looks like Dave Matthews, if he was a burn victim.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #1122
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, you're probably right. It's just a shame the models aren't as nicely detailed as the characters were in Single Player :/
I wouldn't have minded if they had say 20-30 pre built characters that were on a graphical level with everyone else like Lamar etc and just let us change a few minor details on them like hair, facial hair etc or if we wanted a complete custom guy let us use the rather shite creator to make a unique guy, but at the cost he doesn't look as graphicly appealing lol
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1123
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
All the online character presets look like my ass. They haven't improved at all since IV.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1124
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

The Stunt Jump to the lighthouse is so hard

Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1125
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   Staff Club - rekikire   Knife in the Dark Challenge Club - Tier 1   Artist of the Month   Community Gaming - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 2   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0keytrip0d View Post
Well, considering the crap creator only really gives you so many options anyway, they should've gone the Red Dead route and just made pre-rendered characters. Those were super-detailed and that didn't bog down online no matter if the session was full or not.

I really think the choosing your heritage part was put in so the creator would seem 'deep' but honestly it's just a charade to make you think you're actually having some input.

Quote:
...you've ignored the majority of my posts.
Yes, and it's something that will continue for as long as I come to this site. I'm sorry for ever quoting you. I had no idea you'd lose your shit like that.

Please don't respond, I really don't care.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #1126
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Hey, man up bitch.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #1127
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Hey, man up bitch.
I'm trying! I only have 5 left but this one is delaying my progress!

EDIT: I too thought the Heritage stuff would be more elaborate and cool. It's really shit to be honest.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #1128
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
I either over or undershot it five or six times before finally landing it.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1129
Barad
High on Life!

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm trying! I only have 5 left but this one is delaying my progress!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Grab a taxi it's good luck.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:43 PM   #1130
InsertCoffee

InsertCoffee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalty View Post
I don't understand why I have to customize the mom and dad to make my character's look. Somehow my character looks like she just went through a really bad plastic surgery lol.
Well, thats one way to hide a bad character creator . But that's something I really don't get. I get to a certain extent why the three singleplayer characters have a limited amount of clothes/hair/etc in order to keep their identity and keep them diverse (at least thats my explanation). But GTA Online would have benefited so much from a big character creator. Just take the one from Saints Row... That thing was fun.
It's like Fallout...It seems they want ugly characters to walk around.

InsertCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1131
Sm0keytrip0d

Sm0keytrip0d's Gamercard
Quote:

I really think the choosing your heritage part was put in so the creator would seem 'deep' but honestly it's just a charade to make you think you're actually having some input.
yeah the way the whole parents/grandparents is kinda irrelevant

unless of course at some point in the online story the parents etc show up...then it makes a tiny bit of sense so you dont have black pre set grandparents and black parents when your character is asian or something lol
Old 10-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1132
JeremyVersion1

Quote:
Yes, and it's something that will continue for as long as I come to this site. I'm sorry for ever quoting you. I had no idea you'd lose your shit like that.

Please don't respond, I really don't care.
Since when is engaging in a conversation "losing your shit"? It's a shame you can't handle a simple conversation.

Back on topic: They couldn't put just one helicopter or plane out to fly around? Really?

Old 10-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #1133
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Grab a taxi it's good luck.

Lighthouse stunt jump in GTA V - YouTube
I'm using a Bravado Banshee so I'm overshooting A LOT even if I position myself close to the ramp.

Perhaps I should grab a Taxi. Let me see if B A R 4 D is right!

Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #1134
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Quote:
Not to mention you lose whatever car you manage to make the successful attempt with...
Old 10-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #1135
BiggD
71 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Not to mention you lose whatever car you manage to make the successful attempt with...
Starting to think I should do it last.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #1136
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
That right stick problem is a bit annoying. Sometimes when I'm trying to track a target, the damn reticule will just stick for no apparent reason, and I'm pretty damn sure it's not the controller.

Secondly, I was doing a photo shoot for Beverly. Whipped the camera out and... stuck scanning storage. Failed the damn mission because I can't activate the camera. At the end, this is the message I get: "Alert: Failed to load a list of your Snapmatic photos from Social Club. The Rockstar game services are unavailable right now. Please try again later". Lame!

Oh yeah, and still can't join Online; not even solo.
Quote:
I can understand where you're coming from. When you say something that supports other people's arguments, or something that they agree with, they make you a local hero. Say something contradictory to their opinions, or don't tow the party line and you're public enemy number 1, and possibly even have your posts deleted. Don't expect freedom of speech here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time

Last edited by Direkin; 10-02-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #1137
Sqeagy

SQEAGY 4 LIFE's Gamercard
Is anyone else annoyed that people can go to passive mode when they have a bounty on them?

Also, why the hell do i keep having to put access to my car on friends. Someone just stole my car and blew it up! i got over my grief though when I blew up his car, killed him 30 times stalking him over multiple sessions, and running over his friends.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #1138
Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The only thing I know for sure is the the Knife Flights are the Devil!

Double O Slevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:08 PM   #1139
Jack Frost

MEETSP1NNER's Gamercard

Does anyone else acknowledge the similarities between Saints Row and GTA:O? Anyone wanna play with that notion?

Personally, I think it's hilarious that they borrowed from what is usually considered to be "just a clone" of GTA.

If only they'd 'borrowed' the character creator, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
Don't expect freedom of speech here.
As The Clash so concisely put it:

"You have the right to free speech
As long as
You're not dumb enough to actually try it!"
Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #1140
diablo666

what? could you go into passive mode when you got a bounty on your head? lol easy achievement then. "Survive a day with a bounty on your head"
diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote