PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto V
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #1111
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Ohh, okay. Makes sense! I don't have a garage either so maybe if you do own one, you can have two insured cars/bikes.
I have a 2-car garage. Both my cars are insured.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #1112
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhunterrrr View Post
I have a 2-car garage. Both my cars are insured.
I'd love to insure and have the Vapid Dominator, but I can't purchase it online nor find it on the streets.
Creasy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #1113
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creasy47 View Post
I'd love to insure and have the Vapid Dominator, but I can't purchase it online nor find it on the streets.
Heh, I insured that tonight!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:41 AM   #1114
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Heh, I insured that tonight!
You can uninsure it and let me steal it!
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #1115
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
I see that car all the time. It's my starter vehicle, it loves to spin out a lot though. lol

Last edited by xxJUSTINxx; 10-05-2013 at 01:48 AM.
xxJUSTINxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #1116
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
You can uninsure it and let me steal it!
Naaaaah.

I found a million of them right around that $87k apartment/garage.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #1117
Done For You

Dylan XBA's Gamercard
Hmm for the Número Uno achievement I have done everything and it hasn't unlocked yet.
Did all the races with 2 players and golf, tennis, etc...

EDIT: for deathmatch it was a draw between me and 2nd but it still said I was the winner.
And I haven't done a vehicle deathmatch even though it isn't on the list.

Last edited by Done For You; 10-05-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Done For You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #1118
Fallen GFX

Fallen GFX's Gamercard
Someone on TA completed the game.
Fallen GFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #1119
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen GFX View Post
Old 10-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #1120
Jane Starfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen GFX View Post
Prob using multi Xbox consoles to rank up faster.
No way it is possible that fast using a single box.
Jane Starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:05 AM   #1121
Robbo1991

Robbo1991's Gamercard
I didnt unlock rob all 20 stores even though I have done all the baskets are marked with a green tick and my social club says I've robbed the 20 stores anyone else had this?
Old 10-05-2013, 12:02 PM   #1122
Steve007101

Send a message via AIM to Steve007101 Send a message via MSN to Steve007101 Send a message via Yahoo to Steve007101 Send a message via Skype™ to Steve007101

DF Legend's Gamercard
Guys, Stiminal is legit. Longtime completion record on TA on top of it.

He found the current method which seems to be the fastest by far for grinding, I've been talking to him. It's very fast, twice as fast as my original method and it gets faster since you get more RP per game as you level up, I posted an annotation in my video mentioning solo races are the way to go. I should actually check all the races to make sure it's the best one but for those interested it's Downtown Underground, 1 lap, GTA race (to use the boosts), Solo session. Over and over again. It nets you more RP than the faster races so it averages out to more RP per minute. Also it's worth mentioning you get more RP per race if you do them solo as opposed to beating people... which is strange that they did it that way, so multiple boxes doesn't even help.

He tells me level 100 is exactly 1,584,350 RP, so you can put that in the guide. He got there last night. Rockstar really made things too easy.

Last edited by Steve007101; 10-05-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Steve007101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #1123
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve007101 View Post

He found the current method which seems to be the fastest by far for grinding, I've been talking to him. It's very fast, twice as fast as my original method and it gets faster since you get more RP per game as you level up, I posted an annotation in my video mentioning solo races are the way to go. I should actually check all the races to make sure it's the best one but for those interested it's Downtown Underground, 1 lap, GTA race (to use the boosts), Solo session. Over and over again. It nets you more RP than the faster races so it averages out to more RP per minute. Also it's worth mentioning you get more RP per race if you do them solo as opposed to beating people... which is strange that they did it that way, so multiple boxes doesn't even help.

He tells me level 100 is exactly 1,584,350 RP, so you can put that in the guide. He got there last night. Rockstar really made things too easy.
Well, he has the shit reported out of him on TA.
Old 10-05-2013, 02:18 PM   #1124
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Now sure how useful this is for everyone but I just managed to clear all 10 waves of survival, solo, thanks to a nice hide spot

It's on the railyard map, which becomes available on rank 20

The spot is at the north end of the map, look for this building.

Climb in the box, next to the 2 empty train cars.

And assuming you're facing the same way as the pic, take cover on the right side.

From here, no one will be able to shoot you unless you pop out. (The occasional cop will climb onto the empty cart behind you so keep an eye out.) Basically you can sit here and take your time, picking off guards one by one with a shotgun as they get close. Make sure you don't stay out of cover too long, I just fired off a single shot then returned to cover. (Most of the time it wasn't a kill shot but they eventually died, saving me from firing again)

I lost count of how many times I was still shot when popping out of cover but as long as you wait until your health recharges before leaning out again, you should't die. The only risky part was the helicopter on wave 4. Since you're under shelter it can't hit you from inside the box but trying to take it out can be risky. By the time you face the 2nd helicopter on wave 10, you'll have the minigun which makes taking it out, a breeze.

After trying to do this mission with 4 players and constantly failing, finding this spot made it so much simpler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:28 PM   #1125
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
Now sure how useful this is for everyone but I just managed to clear all 10 waves of survival, solo, thanks to a nice hide spot

And assuming you're facing the same way as the pic, take cover on the right side.

From here, no one will be able to shoot you unless you pop out. (The occasional cop will climb onto the empty cart behind you so keep an eye out.) Basically you can sit here and take your time, picking off guards one by one with a shotgun as they get close. Make sure you don't stay out of cover too long, I just fired off a single shot then returned to cover. (Most of the time it wasn't a kill shot but they eventually died, saving me from firing again)

I lost count of how many times I was still shot when popping out of cover but as long as you wait until your health recharges before leaning out again, you should't die. The only risky part was the helicopter on wave 4. Since you're under shelter it can't hit you from inside the box but trying to take it out can be risky. By the time you face the 2nd helicopter on wave 10, you'll have the minigun which makes taking it out, a breeze.

After trying to do this mission with 4 players and constantly failing, finding this spot made it so much simpler.
How long did 10 waves solo take?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #1126
DEG23
Listening to 1989

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a
Quote:
How long did 10 waves solo take?
Wasn't really paying attention but roughly 30 - 40 minutes. Despite taking it slow, the enemies will still rush to your location so I was firing off shots one after another. The only slow part is when you need to recharge your health.

It's still quicker to do it with 4 people but I just found this spot by accident and wanted to see how far I could go

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Australia is a barren wasteland with scary monsters (and Mel Gibson). It just makes sense!
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:37 PM   #1127
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Wasn't really paying attention but roughly 30 - 40 minutes. Despite taking it slow, the enemies will still rush to your location so I was firing off shots one after another. The only slow part is when you need to recharge your health.

It's still quicker to do it with 4 people but I just found this spot by accident and wanted to see how far I could go
Cool. I'll give it a try now. Unless you want to jump in with me?
Old 10-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #1128
Barad
Flibbertigibbet

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
I'll jump on too if you want, hunter. Nice one DEG, we failed big time the other day on Survival.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pants Party View Post
I don't even read thread titles anymore. I just post whatever's on my mind!
Quote:
Alright guys, I'm officially the biggest bitch on XBA.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #1129
StarDreamer99

StarDreamer99's Gamercard
Thanks for the tip DEG. I'll have to give that a try.
StarDreamer99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #1130
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
I'll jump in when I get on later. But you guys will probably be done by the time I get on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done For You View Post
Hmm for the Número Uno achievement I have done everything and it hasn't unlocked yet.
Did all the races with 2 players and golf, tennis, etc...

EDIT: for deathmatch it was a draw between me and 2nd but it still said I was the winner.
And I haven't done a vehicle deathmatch even though it isn't on the list.
It's a rough list as of now. It's not final.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve007101 View Post

So those bolded statements are the best for ranking up? People are saying the current update doesn't let you replay missions anymore though.

Quote:

Nice work DEG. I'm going to add this in later today

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: The Waiting Game...
~ 11 DAYS ~
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:21 PM   #1131
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll jump in when I get on later. But you guys will probably be done by the time I get on...

It's a rough list as of now. It's not final.

So those bolded statements are the best for ranking up? People are saying the current update doesn't let you replay missions anymore though.

Nice work DEG. I'm going to add this in later today
I don't get what can and can't be replayed. I just replayed that race 5-6 times without problems. Definitely still a viable boosting option.

As for survival, I'll probably work on that in an hour or two.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #1132
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
I don't get what can and can't be replayed. I just replayed that race 5-6 times without problems. Definitely still a viable boosting option.

As for survival, I'll probably work on that in an hour or two.
That's confusing, people were saying they can't replay certain stuff anymore. Maybe missions cannot be replayed, but races can?

I will probably be on in an hour or two myself. I need to go ship something out and eat lunch

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 10-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #1133
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

I thought the prison race was good. Takes under 30 seconds almost every time and nets me over 900 RP at my rank.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #1134
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I thought the prison race was good. Takes under 30 seconds almost every time and nets me over 900 RP at my rank.
Is it called Prison?
Old 10-05-2013, 05:03 PM   #1135
Creasy47

Creasy47's Gamercard

Quote:
Is it called Prison?
I'll let you know what it's called. Getting on to see if my character still exists. I don't even number the races anymore because the numbers seem to constantly change. I believe it's up in Blaine County, closer to the right side of the map (towards the middle), and it should be right off a big road. It's a land race, and the description involves going around the prison. Take it perfectly, and you finish in about 28-ish seconds, if you're using sports cars. Last time I was on, I was either rank 40 or 41 and getting over 900 RP, which will only go up as you rank up, which is nice.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1136
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
I'll let you know what it's called. Getting on to see if my character still exists. I don't even number the races anymore because the numbers seem to constantly change. I believe it's up in Blaine County, closer to the right side of the map (towards the middle), and it should be right off a big road. It's a land race, and the description involves going around the prison. Take it perfectly, and you finish in about 28-ish seconds, if you're using sports cars. Last time I was on, I was either rank 40 or 41 and getting over 900 RP, which will only go up as you rank up, which is nice.
Found it! It is called "Criminal Records." Going to give it a try and compare it to "Downtown Underground."

EDIT: Pretty fast! I am managing below 29 seconds. Also, how the hell is the world record .44 seconds?

Last edited by xhunterrrr; 10-05-2013 at 05:09 PM.
xhunterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #1137
xxJUSTINxx

OddFull Metal's Gamercard

Quote:
Found it! It is called "Criminal Records." Going to give it a try and compare it to "Downtown Underground."

EDIT: Pretty fast! I am managing below 29 seconds. Also, how the hell is the world record .44 seconds?
I've noticed times on 2-3min races being only 30 or less seconds. I have no idea.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:19 PM   #1138
ExtraOrdinaryGamer

lpunishmentz's Gamercard
Thumbs up

Awesome guide. Thanks a lot
ExtraOrdinaryGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #1139
BiggD
11 Days Until Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:

Let me know which Race is better to grind out and if possible, general directions of where each race is so I can add that to the guide.

~ 11 DAYS ~
Old 10-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #1140
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Let me know which Race is better to grind out and if possible, general directions of where each race is so I can add that to the guide.
I would guess "Criminal Records" is faster because you can finish two races in about the time it takes to finish one for "Downtown Underground."

You don't have to find them on the map. Pause > Online > Jobs > Host Job > Races > Pick you race.